BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 116 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 115 116
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
He will be the assistant coach for women’s lacrosse at Maryland before his daughter graduates. Mark my words - he cannot control himself 🤣

It is hilarious you think it could happen. You don't give one of the most decorated lacrosse coaches ever enough credit if you think for a second she is going to put that guy on her staff. Come on, Man! Think before you post such silliness.

She's good enough to contribute with out any help...close to, if not already the top 2022.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m gonna say, not the too 22. All right handed and doesn’t move ball well enough right now. Super athletic and can win some individual match ups. Really has to learn to play off ball which dad has never made her do!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really wish people would stop using the term “athletic” when it pertains to women’s lacrosse. Very few players are athletes compared to the major sports. Maybe use term “athletic for lacrosse”.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beware chum in the water. What are the major women's sports? Basketball? Tennis? Volleyball? Soccer? Softball? Field hockey? Gymnastics? Track& field? Well I think BB and VB huge skew towards selection for height rules them out for best athletes, shallow pool. Of the rest I do not see lacrosse by design being narrowly selected other than its regional nature however much explosion is going on around the country. Just by number of participants/ nature of game you might have to give it to soccer. Lacrosse is a difficult game. There is an endurance/ sprint component, hand eye coordination, spatial awareness, and toughness needed to play well. The winner of the women's decathlon might be the best athlete? Who knows?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really wish people would stop using the term “athletic” when it pertains to women’s lacrosse. Very few players are athletes compared to the major sports. Maybe use term “athletic for lacrosse”.
I will bite. What makes a women’s soccer, basketball, field hockey or any other player more athletic than a lacrosse player? PLEASE enlighten us.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m gonna say, not the too 22. All right handed and doesn’t move ball well enough right now. Super athletic and can win some individual match ups. Really has to learn to play off ball which dad has never made her do!

would you say she is the best player on her club team? I'll say she is better than anyone on our team..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

would you say she is the best player on her club team? I'll say she is better than anyone on our team..
Maybe, tough to say. If the other Midfielders had the ball work through them on offense it would be easier to see. Definitely a top talent and nice girl. But not the most dominant player in the 2022 age bracket as she was in middle school when she was bigger, stronger, and faster than others. She has worked very hard and has the talent to be on UMD. She is a great player. Just not the top 2022 as some state here.
Now for the Dad coach, I wouldn't be surprised if he pops up on the UMD staff. Just saying it has happened everywhere and he knows the UMD coaches through his older daughter. Don't be shocked. Don't get me wrong, he is generally a nice guy. Just a little heavy handed when it comes to ALWAYS being on the lax staff for his daughters events and teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will bite. What makes a women’s soccer, basketball, field hockey or any other player more athletic than a lacrosse player? PLEASE enlighten us.
Still waiting to be enlightened...you coming back to answer us?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe, tough to say. If the other Midfielders had the ball work through them on offense it would be easier to see. Definitely a top talent and nice girl. But not the most dominant player in the 2022 age bracket as she was in middle school when she was bigger, stronger, and faster than others. She has worked very hard and has the talent to be on UMD. She is a great player. Just not the top 2022 as some state here.
Now for the Dad coach, I wouldn't be surprised if he pops up on the UMD staff. Just saying it has happened everywhere and he knows the UMD coaches through his older daughter. Don't be shocked. Don't get me wrong, he is generally a nice guy. Just a little heavy handed when it comes to ALWAYS being on the lax staff for his daughters events and teams.

Or he could be a normal parent and sit on the sidelines and just enjoy watching her play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will your daughter try out for Under Armour or American Select? If she tries out for both, and makes both teams, which one will you select?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will your daughter try out for Under Armour or American Select? If she tries out for both, and makes both teams, which one will you select?

In my opinion, they are nothing but money grabs unless your daughter plays for the coach(es) that will be doing the evaluating. They know who they are taking before the tryouts begin and it's a waste of time and money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct! I just saw the coaches for the 23’s!!! I though it said that no club coaches will be involved, maybe for evaluations, but don’t tell me that she has no control on who gets on her team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct! I just saw the coaches for the 23’s!!! I though it said that no club coaches will be involved, maybe for evaluations, but don’t tell me that she has no control on who gets on her team!
Coach for 22 Highlight is a 2022 club coach and club director.

In my opinion, they are nothing but money grabs unless your daughter plays for the coach(es) that will be doing the evaluating. They know who they are taking before the tryouts begin and it's a waste of time and money.
This is true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t try out then. People will always blame evaluators for their kid not being good enough!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is true.
[quote=Anonymous]Correct! I just saw the coaches for the 23’s!!! I though it said that no club coaches will be involved, maybe for evaluations, but don’t tell me that she has no control on who gets on her team!

If that is what UA can get this year they are in trouble. That club trying to get his girls on the team I guess. Weak club team and 2nd rate club. Exactly the reason American Select was started. Ps. The American select has support of all the top clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Under Armour or American Select this year and why? Go!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t try out then. People will always blame evaluators for their kid not being good enough!
It’s been proven overt& over that has nothing to do w/ being good. How do you explain girls that made it 2 years ago but didn’t even get called back last year...MANY girls...they were “good” enough one year but not the next...hmmmmmm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s been proven overt& over that has nothing to do w/ being good. How do you explain girls that made it 2 years ago but didn’t even get called back last year...MANY girls...they were “good” enough one year but not the next...hmmmmmm
Proven? Maybe those kids who made it two years ago just barely made it. Maybe they were outplayed in tryouts last year. Seems that if those kids weren’t just penciled in because they made it the year prior, that would indicate that tryouts matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You want fair tryouts, except for the players that have made the team before. That seems like a contradiction in theory.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It “proves” that it has EVERYTHING to do w/ who the coaches are...look at who the coach is & see how many girls come from their school/club. The girls that didn’t even get called back last year all came from a school where their coach had coached the year prior...not good enough? Those same girls are ALL committed to TOP D1 schools!!!! But weren’t “good enough” to even be called back last year...it’s a pathetic set up & in no way indicates who how well the girl is as a player!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It “proves” that it has EVERYTHING to do w/ who the coaches are...look at who the coach is & see how many girls come from their school/club. The girls that didn’t even get called back last year all came from a school where their coach had coached the year prior...not good enough? Those same girls are ALL committed to TOP D1 schools!!!! But weren’t “good enough” to even be called back last year...it’s a pathetic set up & in no way indicates who how well the girl is as a player!
So when those girls made it and their coach was involved, they were undeserving because it is a pathetic set up. Got it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your daughter is going to to TOP D1 program. Get over the fact she didn’t make a money maker team 2 years in a row, or you won’t be happy when she’s at that TOP D1 program and others are playing in front of her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So when those girls made it and their coach was involved, they were undeserving because it is a pathetic set up. Got it.

The girls deserved to make it, and deserved to make it the following year but didn't because the new coach pulled in players from their school/club. So, yes it's a pathetic set up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The girls deserved to make it, and deserved to make it the following year but didn't because the new coach pulled in players from their school/club. So, yes it's a pathetic set up.
As long as the evaluators and coaches are connected to certain clubs and schools the process will never change. The only way it will change is for Corrigan to change it. the 22 players chosen are not the best 22 players who tried out, there is no arguing this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, will your daughter be trying out this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As long as the evaluators and coaches are connected to certain clubs and schools the process will never change. The only way it will change is for Corrigan to change it. the 22 players chosen are not the best 22 players who tried out, there is no arguing this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I bet for the older girls if you did a NFL draft type drills for lacrosse and then some scrimmages to make the girls feel good for coming out and then just picked roster spots by their drill scores you would be giving the colleges what they want. I think the average college coach just wants to know what pieces of clay are the best. They will mold them into a masterpiece. 10th and 11th grade players should be good enough at catching and throwing as a baseline, maybe scratch some that are awful in the scrimmage. What drills? shuttle drill, catching on the run both hands 4 catches over 40 yds, 40 yd dash, back pedal drill? Shot speed? You could come up with some others to measure. It would show the potential left of players if they don't shine in the scrimmage. Obviously it would be great to do well in drills and scrimmage, but I would bet the college coach would love a super athlete over one that just had one behind the back shot go in during a scrimmage. Just my 2 cents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So when those girls made it and their coach was involved, they were undeserving because it is a pathetic set up. Got it.[/quote]

The girls deserved to make it, and deserved to make it the following year but didn't because the new coach pulled in players from their school/club. So, yes it's a pathetic set up.[/quote]
As long as the evaluators and coaches are connected to certain clubs and schools the process will never change. The only way it will change is for Corrigan to change it. the 22 players chosen are not the best 22 players who tried out, there is no arguing this.[/quote]

This is a joke right? Some salty dads thoughts only. Looking at Baltimore command team. 8 players from Sw 23 blue and not one Sw evaluator/ coach. How did that happen. The 22’s that made it in 19 are trying out against 21’s in 2020. Might have something to do with it and if you sat in on evals you would know that 15 evaluators helped decide team. Not 1 coach could get 1 player from their school/club on a team without being called out by another evaluator. You had evaluators from lots of schools and the big clubs in MD. But keeping thinking that and don’t try out and cry it’s a bad system. Baltimore has done pretty well in these events so they most be getting it close to right. And aren’t there more than 23 top D1 players in the area. If so then quite a few don’t make it and still have a great college career. You my friend are a clown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The girls deserved to make it, and deserved to make it the following year but didn't because the new coach pulled in players from their school/club. So, yes it's a pathetic set up.[/quote]

Were you an evaluator / coach ? If not your opinion on who deserved to make it doesn’t count.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a joke right? Some salty dads thoughts only. Looking at Baltimore command team. 8 players from Sw 23 blue and not one Sw evaluator/ coach. How did that happen. The 22’s that made it in 19 are trying out against 21’s in 2020. Might have something to do with it and if you sat in on evals you would know that 15 evaluators helped decide team. Not 1 coach could get 1 player from their school/club on a team without being called out by another evaluator. You had evaluators from lots of schools and the big clubs in MD. But keeping thinking that and don’t try out and cry it’s a bad system. Baltimore has done pretty well in these events so they most be getting it close to right. And aren’t there more than 23 top D1 players in the area. If so then quite a few don’t make it and still have a great college career. You my friend are a clown.
It is a salty mom. The dad sits behind her yelling “yeah!” as she types.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Were you an evaluator / coach ? If not your opinion on who deserved to make it doesn’t count.[/quote]

There will always be politics involved in these decisions, there is no denying that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As long as the evaluators and coaches are connected to certain clubs and schools the process will never change. The only way it will change is for Corrigan to change it. the 22 players chosen are not the best 22 players who tried out, there is no arguing this.[/quote]

This is a joke right? Some salty dads thoughts only. Looking at Baltimore command team. 8 players from Sw 23 blue and not one Sw evaluator/ coach. How did that happen. The 22’s that made it in 19 are trying out against 21’s in 2020. Might have something to do with it and if you sat in on evals you would know that 15 evaluators helped decide team. Not 1 coach could get 1 player from their school/club on a team without being called out by another evaluator. You had evaluators from lots of schools and the big clubs in MD. But keeping thinking that and don’t try out and cry it’s a bad system. Baltimore has done pretty well in these events so they most be getting it close to right. And aren’t there more than 23 top D1 players in the area. If so then quite a few don’t make it and still have a great college career. You my friend are a clown.[/quote]
just a guess, you were an evaluator or a coach. if so you are part of the problem

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are right. Lots of politics. Don’t try out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a joke right? Some salty dads thoughts only. Looking at Baltimore command team. 8 players from Sw 23 blue and not one Sw evaluator/ coach. How did that happen. The 22’s that made it in 19 are trying out against 21’s in 2020. Might have something to do with it and if you sat in on evals you would know that 15 evaluators helped decide team. Not 1 coach could get 1 player from their school/club on a team without being called out by another evaluator. You had evaluators from lots of schools and the big clubs in MD. But keeping thinking that and don’t try out and cry it’s a bad system. Baltimore has done pretty well in these events so they most be getting it close to right. And aren’t there more than 23 top D1 players in the area. If so then quite a few don’t make it and still have a great college career. You my friend are a clown.[/quote]
just a guess, you were an evaluator or a coach. if so you are part of the problem[/quote]

Which kid was yours or shut up!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is a horrible system. PERIOD. Again, how do you explain girls that made the team one year, do not even get a CALL BACK the following year? Not even called back??? That's a little strange IMO. The Highlight coach this year - non of "his girls" have made it in the past...hmmmm....what are the odds that at least 2 will be on it this year??? We will have to wait and see how UP AND UP this is...oops...it's NOT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

just a guess, you were an evaluator or a coach. if so you are part of the problem[/quote]

Which kid was yours or shut up!![/quote]
now you sound like a salty evaluator or coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Highlight was 3 ladies. So your argument is done. If you are evaluating a tryout then past history means nothing! Keep going though with your crazy rants. This is highly entertaining.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Highlight was 3 ladies. So your argument is done. If you are evaluating a tryout then past history means nothing! Keep going though with your crazy rants. This is highly entertaining.
I'm confused with why the argument is "done" because "Highlight was 3 ladies"? One of them being a Hero's director, one being at Bryn Mawr and the other having their hand in M&D???? Sooooooo again, how is the "argument done"??????? Count how many of the girls came from M&D and Hero's alone? Hmmmmmm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is a horrible system. PERIOD. Again, how do you explain girls that made the team one year, do not even get a CALL BACK the following year? Not even called back??? That's a little strange IMO. The Highlight coach this year - non of "his girls" have made it in the past...hmmmm....what are the odds that at least 2 will be on it this year??? We will have to wait and see how UP AND UP this is...oops...it's NOT.[/quote]
the team will be mostly Redshirts this year. Heros and M&D girls should just skip tryouts this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on where 2025 girls are going next year? Usually a big topic of discussion. doesn't seem like Taylor has recruited kids, or if MCD is not recruiting anymore. SPSG seems like the IT school! John Carroll is going to be a sleeper school watch out. Ton of 23/24 girls at JC already. Maryvale seems strong too.

Like Reply Quote
Page 16 of 116 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 115 116
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard