A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
He will be the assistant coach for women’s lacrosse at Maryland before his daughter graduates. Mark my words - he cannot control himself 🤣

It is hilarious you think it could happen. You don't give one of the most decorated lacrosse coaches ever enough credit if you think for a second she is going to put that guy on her staff. Come on, Man! Think before you post such silliness.

She's good enough to contribute with out any help...close to, if not already the top 2022.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls High School
B_O_T_C #317282 12/13/20 07:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m gonna say, not the too 22. All right handed and doesn’t move ball well enough right now. Super athletic and can win some individual match ups. Really has to learn to play off ball which dad has never made her do!

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #317291 12/13/20 12:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really wish people would stop using the term “athletic” when it pertains to women’s lacrosse. Very few players are athletes compared to the major sports. Maybe use term “athletic for lacrosse”.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #317294 12/13/20 02:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beware chum in the water. What are the major women's sports? Basketball? Tennis? Volleyball? Soccer? Softball? Field hockey? Gymnastics? Track& field? Well I think BB and VB huge skew towards selection for height rules them out for best athletes, shallow pool. Of the rest I do not see lacrosse by design being narrowly selected other than its regional nature however much explosion is going on around the country. Just by number of participants/ nature of game you might have to give it to soccer. Lacrosse is a difficult game. There is an endurance/ sprint component, hand eye coordination, spatial awareness, and toughness needed to play well. The winner of the women's decathlon might be the best athlete? Who knows?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #317321 12/14/20 08:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really wish people would stop using the term “athletic” when it pertains to women’s lacrosse. Very few players are athletes compared to the major sports. Maybe use term “athletic for lacrosse”.
I will bite. What makes a women’s soccer, basketball, field hockey or any other player more athletic than a lacrosse player? PLEASE enlighten us.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #317344 12/14/20 11:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m gonna say, not the too 22. All right handed and doesn’t move ball well enough right now. Super athletic and can win some individual match ups. Really has to learn to play off ball which dad has never made her do!

would you say she is the best player on her club team? I'll say she is better than anyone on our team..

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #317472 12/15/20 02:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

would you say she is the best player on her club team? I'll say she is better than anyone on our team..
Maybe, tough to say. If the other Midfielders had the ball work through them on offense it would be easier to see. Definitely a top talent and nice girl. But not the most dominant player in the 2022 age bracket as she was in middle school when she was bigger, stronger, and faster than others. She has worked very hard and has the talent to be on UMD. She is a great player. Just not the top 2022 as some state here.
Now for the Dad coach, I wouldn't be surprised if he pops up on the UMD staff. Just saying it has happened everywhere and he knows the UMD coaches through his older daughter. Don't be shocked. Don't get me wrong, he is generally a nice guy. Just a little heavy handed when it comes to ALWAYS being on the lax staff for his daughters events and teams.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #317770 12/23/20 08:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will bite. What makes a women’s soccer, basketball, field hockey or any other player more athletic than a lacrosse player? PLEASE enlighten us.
Still waiting to be enlightened...you coming back to answer us?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #317787 12/23/20 02:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe, tough to say. If the other Midfielders had the ball work through them on offense it would be easier to see. Definitely a top talent and nice girl. But not the most dominant player in the 2022 age bracket as she was in middle school when she was bigger, stronger, and faster than others. She has worked very hard and has the talent to be on UMD. She is a great player. Just not the top 2022 as some state here.
Now for the Dad coach, I wouldn't be surprised if he pops up on the UMD staff. Just saying it has happened everywhere and he knows the UMD coaches through his older daughter. Don't be shocked. Don't get me wrong, he is generally a nice guy. Just a little heavy handed when it comes to ALWAYS being on the lax staff for his daughters events and teams.

Or he could be a normal parent and sit on the sidelines and just enjoy watching her play

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #319012 01/21/21 05:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will your daughter try out for Under Armour or American Select? If she tries out for both, and makes both teams, which one will you select?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #319057 01/22/21 02:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will your daughter try out for Under Armour or American Select? If she tries out for both, and makes both teams, which one will you select?

In my opinion, they are nothing but money grabs unless your daughter plays for the coach(es) that will be doing the evaluating. They know who they are taking before the tryouts begin and it's a waste of time and money.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #319073 01/22/21 09:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct! I just saw the coaches for the 23’s!!! I though it said that no club coaches will be involved, maybe for evaluations, but don’t tell me that she has no control on who gets on her team!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #319095 01/23/21 06:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct! I just saw the coaches for the 23’s!!! I though it said that no club coaches will be involved, maybe for evaluations, but don’t tell me that she has no control on who gets on her team!
Coach for 22 Highlight is a 2022 club coach and club director.

In my opinion, they are nothing but money grabs unless your daughter plays for the coach(es) that will be doing the evaluating. They know who they are taking before the tryouts begin and it's a waste of time and money.
This is true.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #319096 01/23/21 07:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t try out then. People will always blame evaluators for their kid not being good enough!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #319097 01/23/21 07:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is true.
[quote=Anonymous]Correct! I just saw the coaches for the 23’s!!! I though it said that no club coaches will be involved, maybe for evaluations, but don’t tell me that she has no control on who gets on her team!

If that is what UA can get this year they are in trouble. That club trying to get his girls on the team I guess. Weak club team and 2nd rate club. Exactly the reason American Select was started. Ps. The American select has support of all the top clubs.

Like Reply Quote
Page 41 of 52 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 51 52
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard