Get it on Google Play
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
by Anonymous - 04/12/21 02:48 PM
Girls 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 04/12/21 02:38 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 04/12/21 02:35 PM
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 04/12/21 02:32 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,329
Posts287,681
Members2,274
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 56 of 80 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 79 80
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #318897 01/19/21 05:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I completely agree unfortunately Christians have been fighting the Sunday travel sports battle for years to no avail. Best of luck trying to change an already set culture of worshiping youth sports.

Every Sunday is alot, considering so many sports and largely weekend games. This is a holiday that happens once per year. For Jewish people it is the equivalent of having a tournament on Easter Sunday.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #318898 01/19/21 05:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Capped at 25? C'mon...this is youth Lax!! Its going to be 30+, kids of all ages, registration fees, participation fees and whatever else they can extort from the "lifers".

If anyone is interested, I am organizing a local "Tournament" called " The Superbowl of youth lax" ' , known as SBYL. The charge is $7000/per team, no age limits and Directors can pack their rosters with as many kids that have full beards!! The good news is that you can stay on Long Island to play the same teams you would by traveling out of state... but that's gonna cost you extra. Instead of ruining, I mean playing, on the 4th of July, we will be playing on Christmas Day!!! It wont be on ESPN tho. Some parents that bring tripods to every game have graciously volunteered to film the games and post them to select Social Media venue only if their kid scores....

All participants get a free , used greaser. And parents get the thrill of a lifetime and a chance to brag to their friends that Lil Johnny played in the SBYL. Finally, NO MASKS REQUIRED and all are urged to share the same water bottles!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
TheBackOfTheCage #318909 01/19/21 07:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well it is equivalent to Easter, the only difference out of 30 families, probably 27 of them aren’t Jewish. Of those remaining 3, if they celebrate Passover, it’s probably a family dinner. Tournaments are during the day. Passover dinners will still be happening. Now if your super religious and your child can’t play during Passover day, that’s your belief, that’s understandable, however there is probably under 20 kids out of the 10000 kids on Long Island who fall into this category. So just telling it like it is, there is to much money involved. Nothing is getting cancelled or postponed because 20 kids out of 10000 lax players won’t be able to play those dates.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #318913 01/19/21 08:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well it is equivalent to Easter, the only difference out of 30 families, probably 27 of them aren’t Jewish. Of those remaining 3, if they celebrate Passover, it’s probably a family dinner. Tournaments are during the day. Passover dinners will still be happening. Now if your super religious and your child can’t play during Passover day, that’s your belief, that’s understandable, however there is probably under 20 kids out of the 10000 kids on Long Island who fall into this category. So just telling it like it is, there is to much money involved. Nothing is getting cancelled or postponed because 20 kids out of 10000 lax players won’t be able to play those dates.

Agree nothing getting cancelled or moved. Absolutely correct that the extent of celebration for most is typically limited to family dinners and the tournament is played during the day....but the tournament is in Delaware. This is not a family dinner at IHOP or even a high end restaurant. They are very traditional with rituals and customs... and difficult to do in your room in the Hampton Inn! Jake should know this!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #318919 01/19/21 09:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I completely agree unfortunately Christians have been fighting the Sunday travel sports battle for years to no avail. Best of luck trying to change an already set culture of worshiping youth sports.

Every Sunday is alot, considering so many sports and largely weekend games. This is a holiday that happens once per year. For Jewish people it is the equivalent of having a tournament on Easter Sunday.


Same person, on multiple threads, often responding to his/her own comments. Give it a rest. Stay home!

FACT: majority of Christian people on this site, me included, would love a tournament on Easter Sunday. It would be like Christmas morning for us!! Go away!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #318930 01/20/21 10:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I completely agree unfortunately Christians have been fighting the Sunday travel sports battle for years to no avail. Best of luck trying to change an already set culture of worshiping youth sports.

Every Sunday is alot, considering so many sports and largely weekend games. This is a holiday that happens once per year. For Jewish people it is the equivalent of having a tournament on Easter Sunday.


Same person, on multiple threads, often responding to his/her own comments. Give it a rest. Stay home!

FACT: majority of Christian people on this site, me included, would love a tournament on Easter Sunday. It would be like Christmas morning for us!! Go away!

You say your a Christian but clearly don't act like one. When you child moves out after HS how will you survive without the thrill of youth lacrosse to interfere with your religious beliefs or lack of.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #318931 01/20/21 11:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jake prays to Benjamin Franklin. And his cult of laxoholics would travel to Ethiopia for a chance to compete against the best.... the best 13 year olds.... Sad

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #318942 01/20/21 05:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I completely agree unfortunately Christians have been fighting the Sunday travel sports battle for years to no avail. Best of luck trying to change an already set culture of worshiping youth sports.

Every Sunday is alot, considering so many sports and largely weekend games. This is a holiday that happens once per year. For Jewish people it is the equivalent of having a tournament on Easter Sunday.


Same person, on multiple threads, often responding to his/her own comments. Give it a rest. Stay home!

FACT: majority of Christian people on this site, me included, would love a tournament on Easter Sunday. It would be like Christmas morning for us!! Go away!

You say your a Christian but clearly don't act like one. When you child moves out after HS how will you survive without the thrill of youth lacrosse to interfere with your religious beliefs or lack of.


Don’t worry about me, I’ll be just fine.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #318967 01/21/21 10:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I completely agree unfortunately Christians have been fighting the Sunday travel sports battle for years to no avail. Best of luck trying to change an already set culture of worshiping youth sports.

Every Sunday is alot, considering so many sports and largely weekend games. This is a holiday that happens once per year. For Jewish people it is the equivalent of having a tournament on Easter Sunday.


Same person, on multiple threads, often responding to his/her own comments. Give it a rest. Stay home!

FACT: majority of Christian people on this site, me included, would love a tournament on Easter Sunday. It would be like Christmas morning for us!! Go away!

You say your a Christian but clearly don't act like one. When you child moves out after HS how will you survive without the thrill of youth lacrosse to interfere with your religious beliefs or lack of.


Don’t worry about me, I’ll be just fine.

Will be just fine because his son isn't moving out after HS. He'll return home and live in the basement well into his 30's making some side cash by offering private training to young kids around town because he made it to the "big time".....aka, making the roster of some obscure D3 lacrosse program, but never getting on field during a game.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #318975 01/21/21 11:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When I coached PAL, they played on Passover(first day) but not Easter. My team which was half jewish and half non jewish didnt play and rescheduled the game for a weeknight.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #318976 01/21/21 11:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Jake prays to Benjamin Franklin. And his cult of laxoholics would travel to Ethiopia for a chance to compete against the best.... the best 13 year olds.... Sad

Whoa feller why all the detest to a nice guy? If you are feeling a little flabby just put some more time in with the irons and you can have a ripped biceps like him. hit the gym and hit the wall together!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #318978 01/21/21 12:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I completely agree unfortunately Christians have been fighting the Sunday travel sports battle for years to no avail. Best of luck trying to change an already set culture of worshiping youth sports.

Every Sunday is alot, considering so many sports and largely weekend games. This is a holiday that happens once per year. For Jewish people it is the equivalent of having a tournament on Easter Sunday.


Same person, on multiple threads, often responding to his/her own comments. Give it a rest. Stay home!

FACT: majority of Christian people on this site, me included, would love a tournament on Easter Sunday. It would be like Christmas morning for us!! Go away!

You say your a Christian but clearly don't act like one. When you child moves out after HS how will you survive without the thrill of youth lacrosse to interfere with your religious beliefs or lack of.


Don’t worry about me, I’ll be just fine.

Will be just fine because his son isn't moving out after HS. He'll return home and live in the basement well into his 30's making some side cash by offering private training to young kids around town because he made it to the "big time".....aka, making the roster of some obscure D3 lacrosse program, but never getting on field during a game.

And he will be making more money - CASH- then the parents paying him.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #318981 01/21/21 12:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW! Thats a pretty good response. Actaully got a good laugh. Advantage: Last poster. Thx for the entertainment. Lets keep religion out of it though and stick to Lax.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
TheBackOfTheCage #320368 02/10/21 10:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard from their MS about Spring sports. Ours (Nassau), has only addressed the HS teams. Middle school sports seem to have always been an afterthought in our district. It is my belief that the schools should put more efforts into all three; academics, athletics (extracurriculars if not athletic) and community service. For what we pay on Long Island we fall way short on all three.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #320398 02/10/21 02:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Has anyone heard from their MS about Spring sports. Ours (Nassau), has only addressed the HS teams. Middle school sports seem to have always been an afterthought in our district. It is my belief that the schools should put more efforts into all three; academics, athletics (extracurriculars if not athletic) and community service. For what we pay on Long Island we fall way short on all three.

Our middle school is a go for Spring. They've actually opened up Winter II high risk sports and will have the Fall season in March/April.

Like Reply Quote
Page 56 of 80 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 79 80
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4