Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
Limited Spots Remaining for the Girls LI Showcase & the Boys/Girls UnD1sputed Showcases - Register Today @ www.CBLaxers.com | Boys & Girls Long Ireland Lacrosse Tournaments Registration Now Open!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 02/28/21 10:43 AM
Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 02/28/21 09:44 AM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 02/28/21 09:28 AM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous - 02/28/21 09:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,266
Posts283,047
Members2,242
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 96 of 98 1 2 94 95 96 97 98
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
Anonymous #318857 01/18/21 04:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
NEW TOPIC: Hero Ball

Looking for a little advice. My guy is in 8th grade/high school and we are starting to see players grow. Some were dominant two years ago but are falling behind now as everyone catches up....YET....they continue to shoot the ball constantly 8-10 times a game. It's worse when they are double OR TRIPLE teamed and WILL NOT PASS. They are costing the team games and no other players are able to shoot. So you have two kids who take 75% of the shots. It's not like you are going to say something to the kid or the parent. How do you bring it up to the coach?

What makes you think the coach doesn't know this already?

They do and have changed up the lines BUT the kids continue to get the ball and go straight to the goal. It kills the defense because the possession is a total of 20 seconds. At what point do you address it?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
Anonymous #318870 01/19/21 07:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
NEW TOPIC: Hero Ball

Looking for a little advice. My guy is in 8th grade/high school and we are starting to see players grow. Some were dominant two years ago but are falling behind now as everyone catches up....YET....they continue to shoot the ball constantly 8-10 times a game. It's worse when they are double OR TRIPLE teamed and WILL NOT PASS. They are costing the team games and no other players are able to shoot. So you have two kids who take 75% of the shots. It's not like you are going to say something to the kid or the parent. How do you bring it up to the coach?

What makes you think the coach doesn't know this already?

They do and have changed up the lines BUT the kids continue to get the ball and go straight to the goal. It kills the defense because the possession is a total of 20 seconds. At what point do you address it?

Never, unless you want to be one of those parents.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
Anonymous #318882 01/19/21 11:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
NEW TOPIC: Hero Ball

Looking for a little advice. My guy is in 8th grade/high school and we are starting to see players grow. Some were dominant two years ago but are falling behind now as everyone catches up....YET....they continue to shoot the ball constantly 8-10 times a game. It's worse when they are double OR TRIPLE teamed and WILL NOT PASS. They are costing the team games and no other players are able to shoot. So you have two kids who take 75% of the shots. It's not like you are going to say something to the kid or the parent. How do you bring it up to the coach?

What makes you think the coach doesn't know this already?

They do and have changed up the lines BUT the kids continue to get the ball and go straight to the goal. It kills the defense because the possession is a total of 20 seconds. At what point do you address it?

Never, unless you want to be one of those parents.

If the coach doesn't pull the kid out till he learns to move the ball, find another team. If this is his School team, then don't know what to tell you except, eventually i would expect his teammates to tell him (in either a nice way or a not so nice way.....trust me the upperclassmen on his team will let him know)

Like Reply Quote
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
Anonymous #318965 01/21/21 09:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is actually good advice. It is evident so unless the coach really does not care, he will correct it. If he doesn't care....time to find a new club.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
Anonymous #319035 01/22/21 10:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That is actually good advice. It is evident so unless the coach really does not care, he will correct it. If he doesn't care....time to find a new club.

I guess I could also tell the parents that there kid is a "has been" and peaked in life, while explaining to the coach that I know more than him and my kid is a superstar smile

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
B_O_T_C #320400 02/10/21 02:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is a my topic with invite? Hmm i cant find it now ;/ wizz

Like Reply Quote
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
B_O_T_C #320561 02/13/21 01:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm a little behind on local lax as I've been stuck in Cali for a few weeks, but I've heard CCLA (ChesCo rec lax league) is going to grade based vs age based. Does this put an end to holdback talk if even rec leagues are now grade based?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
B_O_T_C #320575 02/13/21 10:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apparently that wasn't really a problem or followed in the past, and most just played grade based anyway so they could be with their friends.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
Anonymous #320645 02/14/21 08:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm a little behind on local lax as I've been stuck in Cali for a few weeks, but I've heard CCLA (ChesCo rec lax league) is going to grade based vs age based. Does this put an end to holdback talk if even rec leagues are now grade based?
No offense, but CCLA is pretty pointless and irrelevant. West Chester annually dominates both age groups as they have so many kids in their pool. They often have AA, two As and a B team. You have 90% of Roughriders, 90% of Fusion, a bunch of Brotherly Love, Rising Sons and probably another club or two with kids all living withing WC rec boundaries.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
Anonymous #320658 02/15/21 08:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. West Chester pulls from too large an area and simply has numbers over the other Rec leagues. The funny things is they all go to different high schools (WC East, Henderson, Rustin, Shanahan, Malvern, Episcopal, Salesianum, Haverford). The kids in the other Rec leagues tend to play with each other from 8 years old to graduation.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
Anonymous #320662 02/15/21 08:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last season, Wilmington Wings won 12U.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
B_O_T_C #320692 02/15/21 01:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure how more touches and playing time is pointless at the youth level in any sport. Many of the rec guys in the league also coach club with most having played at a high level, so seems to be a win for parents and players for a couple hundred bucks, especially those who don't do club.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
Anonymous #320998 02/18/21 08:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not sure how more touches and playing time is pointless at the youth level in any sport. Many of the rec guys in the league also coach club with most having played at a high level, so seems to be a win for parents and players for a couple hundred bucks, especially those who don't do club.
I agree, pointless arguing over wins/losses but very valuable as a means for boys to play more lax at a fairly high level. CCLA isn’t perfect but more well run than The other Philly league which just has too many teams involved. The lopsided nature of this league can be concerning, but as a parent of non-WC players I’ve never been bothered by their dominance as it’s good competition and only makes my boys better.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
Anonymous #321253 02/22/21 11:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks like CYO lacrosse is picking up some steam in that area as well.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
B_O_T_C #321310 02/23/21 08:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumors flying around that Tigers 2026 becoming HHH 2026, any truth?

Like Reply Quote
Page 96 of 98 1 2 94 95 96 97 98
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4