BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 78 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 77 78
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They probably scored more goals if I had to guess.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No who did Law bring in to keep his job?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

What do you mean?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do you mean?

I assume this is a reference to guest players although honestly I've not seen the NXT 2023 team bring in guests. The box team, on the other hand, is known for that, including Law asking varsity players to play on the JV team at a tournament.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who’s going to World Series Now that it’s in Maryland?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 NXT beat Brotherly Love. How???

Combination of NXT adding a bunch of new kids to their team and Brotherly Love playing poorly. Brotherly Love has been pretty inconsistent lately.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just NXT doing all the right things and BL not so much. It's the difference between a professionally run organization vs a fly by not operation.
why is this shocking to anybody?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just NXT doing all the right things and BL not so much. It's the difference between a professionally run organization vs a fly by not operation.

Either this is a troll or the NXT marketing group is spending their time posting on this board. While NXT is run be full time employees, with few exceptions their teams have been weak. This is especially true for the 2023 group.

Full time employees, fancy offices, lots of logo-ed apparel and professional marketing groups don't make good lacrosse teams - talented players and excellent coaching does.

BL has a group of very athletic kids who have played together for a long time. When on, they are very good. While there is no full time organization behind them, they have consistent coaches and practices. They are also half the price of NXT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct RR2026 hasn’t played freedom since 2018....was a blood bath. They couldn’t stop their midfielders then and probably still can’t

As predicted Freedom crushed the Roughriders again this year as predicted!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Either this is a troll or the NXT marketing group is spending their time posting on this board. While NXT is run be full time employees, with few exceptions their teams have been weak. This is especially true for the 2023 group.

Full time employees, fancy offices, lots of logo-ed apparel and professional marketing groups don't make good lacrosse teams - talented players and excellent coaching does.

BL has a group of very athletic kids who have played together for a long time. When on, they are very good. While there is no full time organization behind them, they have consistent coaches and practices. They are also half the price of NXT.

Has to be a troll, after the colossal failure NXT had when they promised the world to all those Sons kids a few years back they wouldn't bash other organizations. This guys kid got cut probably reclassed and got cut again and now plays field hockey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct RR2026 hasn’t played freedom since 2018....was a blood bath. They couldn’t stop their midfielders then and probably still can’t

Who cares about 5th grade lax?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares about 5th grade lax?

You did when your kid was in 5th grade....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
new topic:

What is the general feeling about clubs that roster two teams (A/B or AAA/AA or however you want to break it down ) vs a club that rosters only a single team at any given age group?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
new topic:

What is the general feeling about clubs that roster two teams (A/B or AAA/AA or however you want to break it down ) vs a club that rosters only a single team at any given age group?

Depends on the club. Some treat them as separate teams, with separate coaches and practices. Others have the A and B teams practice together with the same coaches, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2026 attackman looking for World Series team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry kid... a day late and a dollar short.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The one thing you can always count on with this site....people being complete a holes....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express will take you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express will take you.

Do you need to tryout or just sign the 4k check smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which team is a better fit Tigers or Express?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have they announced any High school schedules yet? Should we expect play in March to resume?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have they announced any High school schedules yet? Should we expect play in March to resume?

think it is going to happen and what not, my sons public shool is practicing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NEW TOPIC: Hero Ball

Looking for a little advice. My guy is in 8th grade/high school and we are starting to see players grow. Some were dominant two years ago but are falling behind now as everyone catches up....YET....they continue to shoot the ball constantly 8-10 times a game. It's worse when they are double OR TRIPLE teamed and WILL NOT PASS. They are costing the team games and no other players are able to shoot. So you have two kids who take 75% of the shots. It's not like you are going to say something to the kid or the parent. How do you bring it up to the coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looking for a little advice. My guy is in 8th grade/high school and we are starting to see players grow. Some were dominant two years ago but are falling behind now as everyone catches up....YET....they continue to shoot the ball constantly 8-10 times a game. It's worse when they are double OR TRIPLE teamed and WILL NOT PASS. They are costing the team games and no other players are able to shoot. So you have two kids who take 75% of the shots. It's not like you are going to say something to the kid or the parent. How do you bring it up to the coach?

What makes you think the coach doesn't know this already?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They do and have changed up the lines BUT the kids continue to get the ball and go straight to the goal. It kills the defense because the possession is a total of 20 seconds. At what point do you address it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They do and have changed up the lines BUT the kids continue to get the ball and go straight to the goal. It kills the defense because the possession is a total of 20 seconds. At what point do you address it?

Never, unless you want to be one of those parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never, unless you want to be one of those parents.

If the coach doesn't pull the kid out till he learns to move the ball, find another team. If this is his School team, then don't know what to tell you except, eventually i would expect his teammates to tell him (in either a nice way or a not so nice way.....trust me the upperclassmen on his team will let him know)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is actually good advice. It is evident so unless the coach really does not care, he will correct it. If he doesn't care....time to find a new club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is actually good advice. It is evident so unless the coach really does not care, he will correct it. If he doesn't care....time to find a new club.

I guess I could also tell the parents that there kid is a "has been" and peaked in life, while explaining to the coach that I know more than him and my kid is a superstar smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is a my topic with invite? Hmm i cant find it now ;/ wizz

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm a little behind on local lax as I've been stuck in Cali for a few weeks, but I've heard CCLA (ChesCo rec lax league) is going to grade based vs age based. Does this put an end to holdback talk if even rec leagues are now grade based?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apparently that wasn't really a problem or followed in the past, and most just played grade based anyway so they could be with their friends.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm a little behind on local lax as I've been stuck in Cali for a few weeks, but I've heard CCLA (ChesCo rec lax league) is going to grade based vs age based. Does this put an end to holdback talk if even rec leagues are now grade based?
No offense, but CCLA is pretty pointless and irrelevant. West Chester annually dominates both age groups as they have so many kids in their pool. They often have AA, two As and a B team. You have 90% of Roughriders, 90% of Fusion, a bunch of Brotherly Love, Rising Sons and probably another club or two with kids all living withing WC rec boundaries.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. West Chester pulls from too large an area and simply has numbers over the other Rec leagues. The funny things is they all go to different high schools (WC East, Henderson, Rustin, Shanahan, Malvern, Episcopal, Salesianum, Haverford). The kids in the other Rec leagues tend to play with each other from 8 years old to graduation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last season, Wilmington Wings won 12U.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure how more touches and playing time is pointless at the youth level in any sport. Many of the rec guys in the league also coach club with most having played at a high level, so seems to be a win for parents and players for a couple hundred bucks, especially those who don't do club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure how more touches and playing time is pointless at the youth level in any sport. Many of the rec guys in the league also coach club with most having played at a high level, so seems to be a win for parents and players for a couple hundred bucks, especially those who don't do club.
I agree, pointless arguing over wins/losses but very valuable as a means for boys to play more lax at a fairly high level. CCLA isn’t perfect but more well run than The other Philly league which just has too many teams involved. The lopsided nature of this league can be concerning, but as a parent of non-WC players I’ve never been bothered by their dominance as it’s good competition and only makes my boys better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks like CYO lacrosse is picking up some steam in that area as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumors flying around that Tigers 2026 becoming HHH 2026, any truth?

Like Reply Quote
Page 36 of 78 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 77 78
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard