BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Re: New England Prep School Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Depends...Depends on the coach and the program. Some will let their top recruits get away with anything while others hold them to a higher standard while forgetting about the lower level recruits. Keep in mind just as your son is on his best behavior during the interview and recruiting process so are the coaches.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our coach said he's not so sure there will be a spring season. I know we'll have intra-sqaud scrimmages at the least.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Our coach said he's not so sure there will be a spring season. I know we'll have intra-sqaud scrimmages at the least.

CT just gave the green light for “high risk” sports starting Jan 19th.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did you hear this. I just spoke to my sons coach and they said they are still waiting and that nothing post 1.19.21 has been decided. Great news if true!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did you hear this. I just spoke to my sons coach and they said they are still waiting and that nothing post 1.19.21 has been decided. Great news if true!

I think CT approved moderate risk sports - this is why is critical that we lax moved from high risk to moderate risk.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or more importantly, how genuine are the prep school coaches when they are recruiting players? Because every kid can’t be their #1 recruit.

Big prep sports schools are like D3 colleges now. They recruit players, get commitments, make the recruit feel special, tell everyone "best players play no matter what" which is BS as named recruits get preferential treatment, non-recruits basically not wanted on the team, and players feel used if they don't buy into it all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or more importantly, how genuine are the prep school coaches when they are recruiting players? Because every kid can’t be their #1 recruit.

Big prep sports schools are like D3 colleges now. They recruit players, get commitments, make the recruit feel special, tell everyone "best players play no matter what" which is BS as named recruits get preferential treatment, non-recruits basically not wanted on the team, and players feel used if they don't buy into it all.
Completely false statement they make the players feel used you have zero clue how great these schools are building these kids up for college and sending them off with the tools and knowledge of how to survive in college . If a prep school brings in kids they are now considered win at all costs what do think happens when little Johnny goes to college because your son is a a great recruit they are going to stop recruiting kids ... Wake up the prep school is preparing kids just for that situation so don't come on here and bash the prep school world when you have zero clue how these schools operate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is a pretty cynical view.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It does seems strange that Taft, in particular, is taking a ton of kids who just PG there (to 'season themselves for college ball') or have 2 years there maximum. I can see how it benefits the program to have influx of talent rotating in every year, but that has to be tough in the locker room and overall culture. High school sports isn't all about winning, there is still a sense of paying your dues as an underclassman, and perenially there is the question 'what has been promised to the recruits'?

A bunch of the '22 recruits this year made their commitment announcements and it turns out they are reclassing to '23 but that didn't come out till much later. Seems a bit dodgy if you aren't allowed to talk to colleges until Sept 1 of your junior year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It does seems strange that Taft, in particular, is taking a ton of kids who just PG there (to 'season themselves for college ball') or have 2 years there maximum. I can see how it benefits the program to have influx of talent rotating in every year, but that has to be tough in the locker room and overall culture. High school sports isn't all about winning, there is still a sense of paying your dues as an underclassman, and perenially there is the question 'what has been promised to the recruits'?

A bunch of the '22 recruits this year made their commitment announcements and it turns out they are reclassing to '23 but that didn't come out till much later. Seems a bit dodgy if you aren't allowed to talk to colleges until Sept 1 of your junior year.

how many recruited freshman at a school like taft actually even make Varsity?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Avon has the best offensive player in the country. Think they score a ton which helps tremendously!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cant play in the founders league if you are 20 years old. Another reason kids re class is academics. Founders League much
tougher academically than public schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would agree with the FOunders being much tougher academically. My son has to work much harder in Founders to get similar grades as our public school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Within the Founders League, there are HUGE differences in the academics between schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Within the Founders League, there are HUGE differences in the academics between schools.
Oh, do tell us the differences please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone with a son at the Founders League/ New England West 1 boarding schools report if there has been any communication whatsoever about spring sports? I have a son who would normally be competing against them. Wondering if there will be any kind of games, even within the state (CT for a lot of them or MA for others).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone with a son at the Founders League/ New England West 1 boarding schools report if there has been any communication whatsoever about spring sports? I have a son who would normally be competing against them. Wondering if there will be any kind of games, even within the state (CT for a lot of them or MA for others).

To date all we have heard is that the are "really" trying bc they know last Spring was lost as well and thus it would be two lost seasons. No details have been given other than the schools saying there will be some form of lacrosse against some schools, No idea what that means and that doesn't sound very reassuring. The one thing it definitely sounds like is it will be a season put together with scotch tape and probably against a few schools with no playoffs and many testing protocols in place.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son has a lacrosse meeting tomorrow night but coach has already say there will be something...Founders won't make the decision till later this month or February.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of these schools are not committing to anything right now. I've heard of a few prep schools that are planning to play games where they can find competition. Connecticut and Massachusetts public schools are cleared to play, and are playing winter sports, including games. Major problem is that Ivy League and NESCAC haven't announced that they will have seasons again this year. Outside of the Northeast, lacrosse seasons are underway, some officially some unofficially (captain's practices, etc.). As we've all witnessed over the summer and fall, lacrosse was played safely outdoors and I didn't hear of one tournament or event that resulted in a lot of Covid spread. The NE boarding schools seem to be focused on taking "zero" risk, evidenced by the outright cancellation of Founders League sports and many schools not even bringing students back on campus despite frequent testing and an extremely low risk population - deaths, hospitalizations and "severe" cases are lower than the common flu/pneumonia in many instances. There is zero or close to zero scientific evidence or data that supports eliminating high school sports, especially sports played outdoors. We need one school to step up and provide leadership by stating they are committed to having a season and releasing a plan to have interscholastic sports. It can be done safely as we are seeing all over the country, it's inexcusable what these schools are doing to the kids and the parents that pay high tuitions for the boarding school experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of these schools are not committing to anything right now. I've heard of a few prep schools that are planning to play games where they can find competition. Connecticut and Massachusetts public schools are cleared to play, and are playing winter sports, including games. Major problem is that Ivy League and NESCAC haven't announced that they will have seasons again this year. Outside of the Northeast, lacrosse seasons are underway, some officially some unofficially (captain's practices, etc.). As we've all witnessed over the summer and fall, lacrosse was played safely outdoors and I didn't hear of one tournament or event that resulted in a lot of Covid spread. The NE boarding schools seem to be focused on taking "zero" risk, evidenced by the outright cancellation of Founders League sports and many schools not even bringing students back on campus despite frequent testing and an extremely low risk population - deaths, hospitalizations and "severe" cases are lower than the common flu/pneumonia in many instances. There is zero or close to zero scientific evidence or data that supports eliminating high school sports, especially sports played outdoors. We need one school to step up and provide leadership by stating they are committed to having a season and releasing a plan to have interscholastic sports. It can be done safely as we are seeing all over the country, it's inexcusable what these schools are doing to the kids and the parents that pay high tuitions for the boarding school experience.

Putting aside whether u agree or disagree with this sentiment I can tell you that my sons boarding school has said absolutely no spring break trip and most likely no Wednesday games. Usually games are Wednesday/Saturday. they did say they hope to play "multiple" games on Fri-Sat since no Wednesday games but no schedule in place. The biggest issue they said they are running into, is that some schools want to play and others don't and the scheduling of games due to individual school COVID repopulation and school calendar. Some are not having a spring break (or a shorter one and others are. Some schools already went back to campus and others are just starting this week. Some schools are ENDING the first week in May and others the first week in June. What all of this means is that as someone noted above this season is going to be put together with scotch tape and who knows how it will come across. The boys and girls at these schools are screwed and are being given the runaround with now potentially TWO SEASONS MISSED and even if this SPring is played it will be a hodge podge of a season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Putting aside whether u agree or disagree with this sentiment I can tell you that my sons boarding school has said absolutely no spring break trip and most likely no Wednesday games. Usually games are Wednesday/Saturday. they did say they hope to play "multiple" games on Fri-Sat since no Wednesday games but no schedule in place. The biggest issue they said they are running into, is that some schools want to play and others don't and the scheduling of games due to individual school COVID repopulation and school calendar. Some are not having a spring break (or a shorter one and others are. Some schools already went back to campus and others are just starting this week. Some schools are ENDING the first week in May and others the first week in June. What all of this means is that as someone noted above this season is going to be put together with scotch tape and who knows how it will come across. The boys and girls at these schools are screwed and are being given the runaround with now potentially TWO SEASONS MISSED and even if this SPring is played it will be a hodge podge of a season.
The season doesn't matter. We pay $70,000 for education. Lacrosse is a dead end street.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The season doesn't matter. We pay $70,000 for education. Lacrosse is a dead end street.

Good for you. I pay $$ so my child can potentially have the best of many different worlds including academics and athletics. I am willing to wager 99.9% of the people have their kids lacrosse for a multitude of reasons with NONE of them being going professional one day (that is what I am interpreting as a "dead end street"). I don't know what you consider a dead end street but for me if additional doors are opened bc my child is an exceptional athlete then it is not a dead end street. If colleges that my child may not have received a look at or admission to is bc of a sport then it is not a dead end street. By your idiotic response unless your child is going professional then everything is a dead end street. Swimming, wrestling, field hockey, volleyball etc . . .In addition, I can tell you that my son's closest friends are from his team sports (not just lacrosse) and for ALL of them, the season does matter. Waking up with something to look forward to other than an Algebra test is not a dead end street. Your response clearly shows you were not an athlete as a child bc for 99.9% of athletes the season DOES matter regardless if the child plays in college or never plays again after their last high school game as that is WHY they play a sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Putting aside whether u agree or disagree with this sentiment I can tell you that my sons boarding school has said absolutely no spring break trip and most likely no Wednesday games. Usually games are Wednesday/Saturday. they did say they hope to play "multiple" games on Fri-Sat since no Wednesday games but no schedule in place. The biggest issue they said they are running into, is that some schools want to play and others don't and the scheduling of games due to individual school COVID repopulation and school calendar. Some are not having a spring break (or a shorter one and others are. Some schools already went back to campus and others are just starting this week. Some schools are ENDING the first week in May and others the first week in June. What all of this means is that as someone noted above this season is going to be put together with scotch tape and who knows how it will come across. The boys and girls at these schools are screwed and are being given the runaround with now potentially TWO SEASONS MISSED and even if this SPring is played it will be a hodge podge of a season.[/quote]
The season doesn't matter. We pay $70,000 for education. Lacrosse is a dead end street.[/quote]

Good for you. I pay $$ so my child can potentially have the best of many different worlds including academics and athletics. I am willing to wager 99.9% of the people have their kids lacrosse for a multitude of reasons with NONE of them being going professional one day (that is what I am interpreting as a "dead end street"). I don't know what you consider a dead end street but for me if additional doors are opened bc my child is an exceptional athlete then it is not a dead end street. If colleges that my child may not have received a look at or admission to is bc of a sport then it is not a dead end street. By your idiotic response unless your child is going professional then everything is a dead end street. Swimming, wrestling, field hockey, volleyball etc . . .In addition, I can tell you that my son's closest friends are from his team sports (not just lacrosse) and for ALL of them, the season does matter. Waking up with something to look forward to other than an Algebra test is not a dead end street. Your response clearly shows you were not an athlete as a child bc for 99.9% of athletes the season DOES matter regardless if the child plays in college or never plays again after their last high school game as that is WHY they play a sport.[/quote]

You stuck up snot! " if additional doors are opened bc my child is an exceptional athlete". I bet your kid s u c k s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The season doesn't matter. We pay $70,000 for education. Lacrosse is a dead end street.[/quote]

Good for you. I pay $$ so my child can potentially have the best of many different worlds including academics and athletics. I am willing to wager 99.9% of the people have their kids lacrosse for a multitude of reasons with NONE of them being going professional one day (that is what I am interpreting as a "dead end street"). I don't know what you consider a dead end street but for me if additional doors are opened bc my child is an exceptional athlete then it is not a dead end street. If colleges that my child may not have received a look at or admission to is bc of a sport then it is not a dead end street. By your idiotic response unless your child is going professional then everything is a dead end street. Swimming, wrestling, field hockey, volleyball etc . . .In addition, I can tell you that my son's closest friends are from his team sports (not just lacrosse) and for ALL of them, the season does matter. Waking up with something to look forward to other than an Algebra test is not a dead end street. Your response clearly shows you were not an athlete as a child bc for 99.9% of athletes the season DOES matter regardless if the child plays in college or never plays again after their last high school game as that is WHY they play a sport.[/quote]

You stuck up snot! " if additional doors are opened bc my child is an exceptional athlete". I bet your kid s u c k s[/quote]

It was a rhetorical comment and I was speaking in the abstract but if I am a snot then so be it. I still stand by what I said and if A (not mine) child is an exceptional (OR VERY GOOD) athlete and if additional doors are opened then again, it is not a dead end street. Maybe my kid s u c k s or maybe he doesn't the point is still the same that "Lacrosse is NOT a dead end street."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the parent above...sports DO mater. Especially if students are driven and have athletic goals and aspirations. BTW this is a lacrosse forum and if you don't care for athletic banter or don't think lacrosse is important to many of the lacrosse players you are on the wrong forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the parent above...sports DO mater. Especially if students are driven and have athletic goals and aspirations. BTW this is a lacrosse forum and if you don't care for athletic banter or don't think lacrosse is important to many of the lacrosse players you are on the wrong forum.
Whether you are a janitor or a banker, playing a college sport absolutely opens doors. NCAA athletes, regardless of Division, are typically given a closer look by a hiring manager a) because they may have played the sport or b) respect the hard work at takes to go to school and play college sports. Good luck may factor in your career trajectory but so does hard work which most hiring managers will check off that back for an athlete.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe for a security job, but nerds rule the roost at the top of most securities firms. Oh, lax bro. Next...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son has a lacrosse meeting tomorrow night but coach has already say there will be something...Founders won't make the decision till later this month or February.

THE FOUNDERS LEAGUE JUST CANCELLED THE SPRING!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Founders League just cancelled the 2021 spring season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is so sad and pathetic...the people that run these schools...smh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHAT A JOKE! DEFINITELY COULD HAVE FIGURED A WAY TO BAND-AID OR LATE START A SEASON. MEANWHILE NO STATE OR LEAGUE HAS CANCELLED ANY SPRING SPORTS YET OTHER THAN FOUNDERS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here we go ... Yale cancels, Founders cancels, NESCAC issues a statement basically saying they will cancel, ISL will cancel ... If there was a civil war, New England would get taken over in about 12 minutes. Rich, smart wimps

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What actually happened is that FL canceled the championships. So, while there won't be recognized standings or league champions, schools are free to play games on an institution-by-institution basis. Each school will have to decide on if/when they will play and be in agreement with the opponent. My son's school said they will take into consideration the opposing team's school's COVID protocols. Also, they won't be crossing state lines so only opponents in CT. I also heard something about maybe all-boys schools won't be allowed to play co-ed schools, which makes no sense to me but what do I know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These schools can choose to create their own games schedules if they want. The leagues, such as Founders, are weak hollow shells of leadership. As an example, AOF is playing hockey games this winter. However, AOF is part of Founders, which also canceled Winter competition. Families need to apply pressure to the trustees to get their heads out of the sand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays at TP. I know for a fact the hockey team has played and is playing select games based on COVID situation at each school. I'm not sure if he would play vs CT teams or other states but hopefully they can schedule a couple of games so there is something to train for and look forward to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What actually happened is that FL canceled the championships. So, while there won't be recognized standings or league champions, schools are free to play games on an institution-by-institution basis. Each school will have to decide on if/when they will play and be in agreement with the opponent. My son's school said they will take into consideration the opposing team's school's COVID protocols. Also, they won't be crossing state lines so only opponents in CT. I also heard something about maybe all-boys schools won't be allowed to play co-ed schools, which makes no sense to me but what do I know.

Its going to be a ___show! my son plays FL lax and the coach said it will be a week by week basis BUT they have already said no Wednesday/Sat games rather Friday and Sat game IF both teams ALL test negative Mon/Tues. Already 2 of the FL teams have said they aren't playing. As of now no crossing state lines so no playing TP or the good Mass teams. Lucky to get in 10 games. Utter shame. My son played travel lax all last summer and COVID was higher and he took precautions as did the parents and all worked out. Play with darn masks and socially distance when not playing the game. I would even say wear a mask and a cascade shield if that gets the kids playing. This is ridiculous! Everywhere else is having a season. The seniors missing out on ending their career in a positive fashion and the Juniors and Sophomores are missing out on playing time for recruiting and getting ready for the summer. The FL cares about one thing - $$ in their pockets by having the boarders pay and stay on campus. Absolute embarrassment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kids attend day schools that play some of the FL teams. At least my kids have been able to play sports on weekends and at night (club etc) the FL kids are stuck at school and can't leave. No spring sports season now? That would be a bitter pill to swallow for the money those schools cost. They aren't even willing to try, that's the worst part. Some of the most elite lacrosse teams in the country and those kids are like prisoners. It's one thing when the whole country is stuck inside like last Spring, now these kids have to watch the world playing around them. I really feel for them, it stinks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which 2 FL schools said they won’t be playing any games this Spring?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which 2 FL schools said they won’t be playing any games this Spring?
All of them. They walked it back by saying it's a school by school decision but no league, no championship. Coaches and kids have already started leaving.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schools can still schedule games on their own. As previously stated CT based schools cannot cross state lines to play so schools such as TP, Deerfield and others will have to get creative to play this spring. CT schools should be able to have a band aid spring although nothing worth what we pay as parents for the FL experience.

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard