Get it on Google Play
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
Limited Spots Remaining for the Boys & Girls UnD1sputed Showcase & The Girls LI Showcase | Lax On Select Elite Tryouts Announced!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 04/09/21 10:36 PM
New England Prep School Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 04/09/21 10:34 PM
Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 04/09/21 10:20 PM
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 04/09/21 10:06 PM
Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 04/09/21 09:31 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,328
Posts287,490
Members2,274
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Re: FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes
TLaxOne #318781 01/14/21 10:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The younger teams are lousy until the 9th grade when the Calvert hall kids take over

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #318783 01/15/21 09:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The younger teams are lousy until the 9th grade when the Calvert hall kids take over

You mean the holdbacks take over

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #318787 01/15/21 12:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think of FCA as a franchise. The MD franchise owned and run by the Kellys. They are Catholics of a more evangelical persuasion. Im sorry, I dont have any experiance with the younger teams.

This is just not true.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #318793 01/15/21 10:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA MD parents are the ones that were to arrogant and trashy for Looney's.[/quote]

Too, hammerhead

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #318823 01/17/21 06:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can somebody explain the history/background on this club? I have seen the behavior from 2027 and 2026 coaches and parents that everybody talks about on the forum, and always wondered about the organization. What exactly is the connection to FCA and who runs the lacrosse program?

I can explain it very easy....Jealousy and envy by the many who cant make program and play for Calvert Hall.

No one on the current 2026/27 roster will be playing at CH unless their last name is Kelly.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TLaxOne #318827 01/17/21 08:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sure about that!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #318828 01/17/21 08:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think of FCA as a franchise. The MD franchise owned and run by the Kellys. They are Catholics of a more evangelical persuasion. Im sorry, I dont have any experiance with the younger teams.

This is just not true.

Which part?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #318833 01/17/21 11:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can somebody explain the history/background on this club? I have seen the behavior from 2027 and 2026 coaches and parents that everybody talks about on the forum, and always wondered about the organization. What exactly is the connection to FCA and who runs the lacrosse program?

I can explain it very easy....Jealousy and envy by the many who cant make program and play for Calvert Hall.

No one on the current 2026/27 roster will be playing at CH unless their last name is Kelly.

Come on......Occasionally a non Kelly plays.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #318834 01/17/21 11:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is just not true.

Which part?

The part that FCA is owned and ran by the Kellys. They neither own it or run it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #318885 01/19/21 01:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FCA formed when the Calvert Hall varsity coaches realized that they can make FCA a feeder program to Calvert Hall. If you want to play for CH and aren't an exceptional lax player then it is strongly suggested that you play for FCA. FCA gutted Green Turtle lax program as well las Looney's 2017 & 2018 grad years. Green Turtle never really recovered, they tried merging with Laxword but that didn't workout. Looney's did recover in the 2016 & 2020 grad years, with the 2023 year a step behind the top clubs but still competitive.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TLaxOne #318890 01/19/21 04:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for that explanation about local lacrosse history. But what I was getting at is this; there is an international organization named FCA based in Kansas City that has been around for fifty years and is much bigger than lacrosse. Is that organization related to the youth lacrosse teams bearing the initials FCA? and if so, how/why did the international organization get involved in travel lacrosse teams, and don't they police the behavior of people using of their brand?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #318917 01/19/21 09:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for that explanation about local lacrosse history. But what I was getting at is this; there is an international organization named FCA based in Kansas City that has been around for fifty years and is much bigger than lacrosse. Is that organization related to the youth lacrosse teams bearing the initials FCA? and if so, how/why did the international organization get involved in travel lacrosse teams, and don't they police the behavior of people using of their brand?

yes they are associated with the lax clubs, they are in other areas similar to the True programs. obviously they don't police the families behavior.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #318923 01/20/21 08:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes they are associated with the lax clubs, they are in other areas similar to the True programs. obviously they don't police the families behavior.

Why would they?? The Kelly name and what is has done for lacrosse in Baltimore is legendary.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #318997 01/21/21 02:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would they?? The Kelly name and what is has done for lacrosse in Baltimore is legendary.

yup, force marginal CH kids to play FCA and promoting the hold back culture...legendary!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #319000 01/21/21 03:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yup, force marginal CH kids to play FCA and promoting the hold back culture...legendary!

I think they meant Calvert Hall going on the greatest run MIAA history with the greatest MIAA team in history (2019) with most of star players from FCA.

Like Reply Quote
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard