BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 72 1 2 3 4 5 6 71 72
Re: Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What other program is going to let their boys play in a tournament when they have practice and other games....ZERO...mark my work....Nationals are one and done!

There are a few "National" teams and "Regional" teams now and more starting up, they all generally compete before or after the regular club season. Trying not to interfere with the kids local team schedules.

They won't be one and done as for some kids it is a way to compete more than what is available in their local area and to be able to compete with a higher level of competition. Not everyone lives in a lax hot bed and the national and regional teams give those kids a chance to play.

With the way lax is growing around the country there will be a market for these teams for some time as different areas slowly build up their local lax communities.

☝🏼Yep, nationals will be just fine.. they work hard to schedule around the conflicts as best they can, they always have. I promise you they will not be one and done. believe me folks, excellent lacrosse exists outside of the DMV and Annapolis.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone with any common sense knows once Spring comes, Hawks will dominate. Not even close. Nationals might give them a run, but that is about it. Talent is talent people.
Well, then it appears that I lack common sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What other program is going to let their boys play in a tournament when they have practice and other games....ZERO...mark my work....Nationals are one and done!

There are a few "National" teams and "Regional" teams now and more starting up, they all generally compete before or after the regular club season. Trying not to interfere with the kids local team schedules.

They won't be one and done as for some kids it is a way to compete more than what is available in their local area and to be able to compete with a higher level of competition. Not everyone lives in a lax hot bed and the national and regional teams give those kids a chance to play.

With the way lax is growing around the country there will be a market for these teams for some time as different areas slowly build up their local lax communities.

☝🏼Yep, nationals will be just fine.. they work hard to schedule around the conflicts as best they can, they always have. I promise you they will not be one and done. believe me folks, excellent lacrosse exists outside of the DMV and Annapolis.
Just curious, what is the story on Nationals? Who runs it, where do they get their players from, when do they practice, etc. Parents I spoke with on the sidelines all seemed to be from Baltimore or Annapolis. Is it mainly a DC/Baltimore/AA all star team with a couple Texas, etc. players sprinkled in, or is it a real national team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just curious, what is the story on Nationals? Who runs it, where do they get their players from, when do they practice, etc. Parents I spoke with on the sidelines all seemed to be from Baltimore or Annapolis. Is it mainly a DC/Baltimore/AA all star team with a couple Texas, etc. players sprinkled in, or is it a real national team?

Real National Team. The best players are from TX, PA, and Alabama. Couple of Baltimore guys but the Annapolis guys are just depth added as needed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So this is when it all goes down hill apparently - rankings. The fall rankings really shouldn't take up this much space. NL is a great team and yes they beat the Hawks in 2 20 minute running clock games. This is why they are ranked higher. I think all the teams are good teams with kids who hopefully love the sport. Let's not get too excited about it and hope that we have a somewhat normal spring season.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone with any common sense knows once Spring comes, Hawks will dominate. Not even close. Nationals might give them a run, but that is about it. Talent is talent people.
Well, then it appears that I lack common sense.

Shoe Fits perfect !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So this is when it all goes down hill apparently - rankings. The fall rankings really shouldn't take up this much space. NL is a great team and yes they beat the Hawks in 2 20 minute running clock games. This is why they are ranked higher. I think all the teams are good teams with kids who hopefully love the sport. Let's not get too excited about it and hope that we have a somewhat normal spring season.

Correction: 1 regular 40 minute game and 1 game at 20 minutes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares. These are 6th graders, get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks, Madlax, and Next Level are all very good. Who is best will be settled this spring. Question is who is next best in the area. FCA next best? Crabs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the kids who play care and I think you care enough to come on the site and post.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry your son isnt playing on an elite team. Have him Hit The Wall !! always next year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks, Madlax, and Next Level are all very good. Who is best will be settled this spring. Question is who is next best in the area. FCA next best? Crabs?

Crabs had a rough fall. Think there's a lot of changes in their roster. I think it's race to see if BLC, Crabs, TEam 91 and FCA can get up to that level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nationals are formerly part of The Duke's LC in PA. They are run by Lou G. All you need to know about this guy is he got run out of Philly and Ebe the Duke's owner got an injunction to keep him from using the Duke's name so now its just "Nationals". Go check out the Duke's thread on the PA board or this announcement from Duke's LC: https://www.thedukeslacrosse.com/current-announcements/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha! Now that is an interesting read. Nationals did some shady stuff with their roster in Florida, so I guess that is the type of thing Dukes was talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Md

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Md should be included in the next best! Played NL very tough this Fall in a scrimmage like 9-6 or something and played the Hawks tough last summer in young guns final. They beat FCA and Team 91 in close games this Fall. They need some depth but have a strong group of core players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team MD is good but need to at least play in the top division of HoCo. They will also need to play in better tournaments to get anywhere near the top 20. If they do both those things and win they might see enough rpi to get close. Right now, they have the run of any kid who is half decent from Frederick to Hagerstown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree about Team MD deserves to be in the same ballpark as MadLax, NextLevel, and Hawks. I believe that this summer they beat MadLax, or at least played them close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They ended up being ranked 16th. I believe they have played in the NAL one of the top tournaments around for last couple years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha! Now that is an interesting read. Nationals did some shady stuff with their roster in Florida, so I guess that is the type of thing Dukes was talking about.

☝🏼Ha, you know nothing. My son is on this team, you know nothing about them or their roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Md should be included in the next best! Played NL very tough this Fall in a scrimmage like 9-6 or something and played the Hawks tough last summer in young guns final. They beat FCA and Team 91 in close games this Fall. They need some depth but have a strong group of core players.

Team MD is definitely on the right path, right now they lack the depth of the top 3 but are surely closing the gap.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

☝🏼Ha, you know nothing. My son is on this team, you know nothing about them or their roster.

Everyone in the know, knows what they did..shaky shaky

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They ended up being ranked 16th. I believe they have played in the NAL one of the top tournaments around for last couple years.

Who?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team MD is definitely on the right path, right now they lack the depth of the top 3 but are surely closing the gap.

TMD isn't even close yet. They played ML close but ML has combined with BLC's former A team and they aren't the same team. They played NL and it was 11-6 and NL's best players were in casts and NL treated it like a scrimmage. Like someone else said, play in elite MoCo and see how this summer plays out and maybe you'll crack the top 20.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do know that in Orlando a boy played on a different team, and then an hour later suited up and played for Nationals. Opposing kids and coaches noticed easily because the player scored multiple goals. It was reported to the organizers and there was discussion about disqualifying both teams.

If you or any Nationals do parents know the circumstances (maybe the player was rostered for Nationals and was "borrowed" by the other team), please go ahead and share.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a devious plot to ascend to the top of a mighty 6th grade money grab event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TMD isn't even close yet. They played ML close but ML has combined with BLC's former A team and they aren't the same team. They played NL and it was 11-6 and NL's best players were in casts and NL treated it like a scrimmage. Like someone else said, play in elite MoCo and see how this summer plays out and maybe you'll crack the top 20.

TMD lost to the New ML 0-9 in the Fall. Looong way to go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bragging about a 6th grade team that got better because they poached another programs players? Congratulations!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a devious plot to ascend to the top of a mighty 6th grade money grab event.

You can laugh it off, but the Nationals parents on the sidelines weren't laughing about spending all that money to be called cheaters. Opposing team parents weren't laughing either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Almost every kid on the Nationals has a day job with another team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course they do, but they can't play for two teams in the same event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how madlax parents complaining about double fostering. Madlax has been caught doing it this fall with theirc27's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bragging about a 6th grade team that got better because they poached another programs players? Congratulations!

I am not sure if poach is the right word. A group of players and a coach were unhappy so they changed programs. Happens all the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude, quit crying already. We beat you fair and square both times- same roster, same kids, same result. Again, you don’t know what you’re talking about. Move on, focus on winning HoCo- you guys have a good squad and are the team to beat right now!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's your participation trophy, now go hit the wall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why can't they play for two different age groups? This happens ALL the time and is usually addressed in tournament rules (typically the rules state that a player can play in different age groups but not two teams from the same age group). Kids come in from all over the country. Let them play as much as they want - if they can compete at the older age group then good for them. Show me in the rules where it says this cannot be done?
https://cdn3.sportngin.com/attachme...824529216.1610372175-45157976.1610372175

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why can't they play for two different age groups? This happens ALL the time and is usually addressed in tournament rules (typically the rules state that a player can play in different age groups but not two teams from the same age group). Kids come in from all over the country. Let them play as much as they want - if they can compete at the older age group then good for them. Show me in the rules where it says this cannot be done?

If the tourney did not have it stated in their rules, as alot of tournaments do, then that would be why there was a discussion to disqualify both teams but they ended up doing nothing. In that case they played by the rules even if other tournaments would not have allowed it. Next year they may add that to the rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax doesn't mention the roster rules because they have done it so many times in the past and wanted the option for themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay Nats parents, here is a chance to clear your name. One boy played for 3D, and then for Nationals, in the same bracket on the same day. It's on game film and nobody from Nats denied it. So which team was he rostered on? If he was rostered on Nats but played for the other team without telling his coaches, then it's difficult to blame the Nats for that. Go ahead and explain the facts. But if you keep misdirecting and name-calling ("hit the wall," "stop crying," "everybody else does it," "you don't know what your taking about") it makes people think that you broke the rules deliberately and have no explanation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax doesn't mention the roster rules because they have done it so many times in the past and wanted the option for themselves.

SE also incorrectly recorded the score of the Nationals-ML prelim game as 12-2, instead of the actual score of 13-2. This kept WCS out of the championship and let ML in on acct of tiebreaker rules(WCS and ML did not play eachother)

had it been scored correctly, WCS would have gotten the nod by 1point- instead it went to a 3rd tie breaker where ML had the advantage.

super suspect.........

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 72 1 2 3 4 5 6 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard