BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 87 1 2 3 4 5 6 86 87
Re: Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LBC is a club that starts off strong then whittles away as the years go on. Ask their 23s and 24s. Toxic environment for kids.

Many clubs help out families in need over the year, not all post. I'd argue most clubs do it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
For an organization from the Eastern Shore, which has only been around a few years, pulling girls from Queen Anne's County (population 50,381), Caroline County (pop 33,304), and Talbot Counties (pop 37,181), compared to the large established organizations on the Western Shore pulling from Anne Arundel County (pop 579,234), Howard County (pop 325,690), and Baltimore County (pop 827,370) and having the ability to even compete with the large organizations is perfect for a family such as ours whom would rather play local than disrupt our family dynamics to travel for something promising to be 'better'. In addition, this Christmas, LBC helped 9 families in need, and received the following note of thanks: "Well the drop off was a success!! The smiles of those children were priceless as they know they have something special for each of them!!
I want to thank all of the generous givers as they have given blessings to two families that may have not had a very bright Christmas! One family
member had been thinking about what he was going to do to provide Christmas for his daughter when I called him later that morning to ask him
If he could use a Christmas blessing!
I thank you again and pray for you and your families to have a blessed and safe Christmas and looking forward to a New Year!!" And to top it off, Coach Smitty is the best lacrosse coach we have ever played for.

So after the email you sent to that family now you want to tell everyone what good people you are? When people do things out of the kindness of their heart they don't boast about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most directors are paid (not much) and coaches get additional stipends for their teams. Other clubs might be only $100-$200 more but you get more! More tournaments that are high quality, a lot more practice, quality coaching, specialized draw and goalie clinics, 100% committed families and teammates. LBC is mid pack and great for the Shore. It’s a shame that this club gets a bad rep. Maybe with a different Director/Leader things could be different.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If anyone thinks that someone from LBC shared that letter you are an stunad. The person who left shared the letter with muliple other people. Please tell me what club is $1700 to play? The tuition at LBC includes fall practice and stickwork, 3 or4 fall tournaments, winter stickwork/practice, NGLL and five summer tournaments. All of the teams have non parent head coaches. LBC's reputation must not be so bad since other clubs email and call constantly asking to scrimmage LBC teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The real stunad is the director who wrote and shared the email with the entire team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The real stunad is the director who wrote and shared the email with the entire team.

I’m guessing it was the female director as she can be quite a handful. The male director seems to be very low key and a darn good coach from what I’ve observed. They jave some very solid team play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares if the email was shared when the director shared the email herself? Newsflash...$1700.00 is not a bargain. CClax, $1800.00 8 tournaments, practices, etc., MDU $1950.00 10 tournaments, practices, winter training, sibling discount, Heros $1600.00, 12 tournaments, practices. The list goes on. Are you getting the picture?? I'm not aware of any teams that do have parents as head coaches and if they had experience and knowledge of the game I wouldn't care. Teams should scrimmage other teams and most teams do except LBC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t we all just get along? Why are we starting off the new year with all of this negativity? Ok... we get it LBC...you give back to people, other teams want to scrimmage you, and you hold grudges. Thanks....we got it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is an issue that should have been kept between the parent and the directors. The parent emailed the directors and only the directors but the LBC directors responded to it by sending their response to entire team. Poor judgment on their part, but it has been done by them before time and again. It is a total bully technique. Any parent can and should do what they think is best for their child. The directors chose to have their daughter go to boarding school. I bet the school she left didn’t try to humiliate them.

The shore needs a club like LBC, but with directors who don’t teach their players to tear down someone for their decisions. It is nice to have a club on the shore for girls to play, but the directors need to remember their actions have consequences. Parents, other clubs, college coaches, and most importantly the young ladies on their teams are watching and hopefully learning on how not to react.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess I am getting screwed at CCLAX. It cost me more than $1800. I had to pay extra for spring league and clinics. I don't know about the other clubs but I know it cost me more than $1800.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best decision we ever made was leaving that toxic dysfunctional club. Sadly it didn't have to be this way but they'll never learn. Lots of great families but unfortunately they've been gaslighted like an abusive spouse. Starts slow and gradual and most too afraid it will "hurt" their daughter to leave. Love to preach "LBC one happy family" and as long as you don't have the nerve to ask questions or express concern over bullying tactics you're golden. It was like leaving an abusive relationship (which it was) you had no idea how much better it could be until you leave. Regret not doing it sooner. Best of luck to families that feel stuck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said and so true! A lot of great families left the organization and then were called negative people for doing so by the HBIC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This sounds like Madlax and Cabell Maddux

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually it sounds like every club in Maryland. You should see the email Bev Altig sent to my daughter when we left. She personally attacked my daughter not me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am new to the thread and it is a long one, so let me make sure I understand the facts:

(1) the club has a policy that when you join one of their teams, it is a mutual, one-year commitment;
(2) midway through the year, the family of the 2026 team's only goalie determined that she was not getting adequate goalie coaching and moved to a different team;
(3) a club official emailed the family, with cc to the entire team, attacking their integrity, highlighting that 18 girls are left with no goalie;
(4) somebody who received the team-wide email, not necessarily the family of the player, posted it on BOTC as criticism of the club.

Is this right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But see right there....it was only sent to you....not the whole team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty much...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But see right there....it was only sent to you....not the whole team.

See where?
Where does it show that the email went to just one family?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does that prove? The email from the director says she's sending it to the whole team 🤣🤣

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks like neither side is without blame. If a program requires a one year commitment, that should mean something. Especially when you are the only goalie on the team. It would have been more honorable for the family to play out the one year commitment and then switch teams. They could have invested in a private position coach for temporarily while fulfilling her team commitment.

But the email was way over the top, both nasty on a personal level and bad business.

A club lacrosse program needs to be smart and take the high road when a customer does something wrong. They should have politely reminded her of the one year commitment, but if she insisted on leaving, wished her well and began the search for a new goalie. An email like that never ends well for the program that sends it.

I hope this helps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club director of LCB you better watch yourself because Karma is coming to get you you are literally threatening people and their children what is wrong with you this is a game and you know what if your child was going to benefit from leaving you would leave too !! Don’t act so pompous you have no right to judge anyone look in the mirror and live your own life and leave other people and their children alone!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches are definitely paying attention. Hardly anyone from their 22 team has been recruited. Can’t blame Covid cause other 22 teams have been heavily recruited. Some clubs have had their entire 22 team completely recruited at this point. Such a shame for these girls because I always thought the 22 team was talented.

This is an issue that should have been kept between the parent and the directors. The parent emailed the directors and only the directors but the LBC directors responded to it by sending their response to entire team. Poor judgment on their part, but it has been done by them before time and again. It is a total bully technique. Any parent can and should do what they think is best for their child. The directors chose to have their daughter go to boarding school. I bet the school she left didn’t try to humiliate them.

The shore needs a club like LBC, but with directors who don’t teach their players to tear down someone for their decisions. It is nice to have a club on the shore for girls to play, but the directors need to remember their actions have consequences. Parents, other clubs, college coaches, and most importantly the young ladies on their teams are watching and hopefully learning on how not to react.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The blackballing and bashing of players and families that goes on when a player switches clubs happens in every club and has been happening for years. But it is usually done by the parents and coaches, not the players and directors. LBC’s mistake was replying and cc:ing the team. That is just classless and 💩ty. It is also classless and 💩ty for the goalie to leave mid season. So all in all, you just have a really classless and 💩ty situation made worse by an anonymous forum of know it alls. Hope the person who shared the email feels good. Way to start your 2021 off a new foot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. Whenever a player no matter what position they play leaves the team it can be disruptive when it is during the season. However with this environment I would get my kid out of there as soon as possible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I recieved a text from another parent to check out this thread who is also a parent on the 26 team. This forum is made up of a bunch of crazy people. I can honestly say the club and this team are great. This family has been an issue for a few years. I have spoken to both the club and this family and when they agreed to play this year they were given all the details of practice, goalie coaching and tuition. I did not see either parent at any of the practices and very few of the games this fall. 99% of the above is not true and if you are making up lies to hurt either the club or this family you should look in the mirror. The email was sent to the team so the family didn't spread more lies about what happen. The team was also sent the email sent to the coach which was one sentence and when the coach responded and asked for more information they didn't respond. Move on and worry about your own team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another sorry attempt with the last post from the organization at deflecting what they did wrong. What parent was allowed at practice anyway during this pandemic? Dah....That family is always at games supporting their kids and not everyone can be lying about the team. Try again. SMH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm the mother of this child. This team has a lot of great families and it was a very difficult decision to leave. With that being said LBC has promised goalie training at every practice for years. Every year we have trusted them and as soon as we sign back up there's no goalie coach. There was a college goalie that came to coach but once LBC stopped responding to her messages she didn't come back. That's not my business but that's the truth. If you consider goalie coaching a regular coach passing and juggling for 15-20 mins before a 90 min practice clearly you're not familiar with positional coaching. This is the exact reason why the 24 and 25 goalie left. This has been an issue for years. If our family is such an issue then why ask our daughter to come back every year? At the end of every year we have told them we're not coming to tryouts. Then the calls, texts, etc. start. We believe them and we come back. We pay between $50-65 an hour for private lessons. I have been very supportive of this team over the years and have a close relationship with a lot of the families. Have you heard of carpooling? It's a thing. Maybe you didn't see me at one of four fall practices when we weren't supposed to be getting out of our car. Little thing called covid. I've been at every fall tournament including the last one when I had a medical issue. If you are truly a 26 parent that I have spoken to please feel free to reach out to me directly. You must have my contact information. We are moving on and worrying about our own team. LBC should do the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm the mother of this child. This team has a lot of great families and it was a very difficult decision to leave. With that being said LBC has promised goalie training at every practice for years. Every year we have trusted them and as soon as we sign back up there's no goalie coach. There was a college goalie that came to coach but once LBC stopped responding to her messages she didn't come back. That's not my business but that's the truth. If you consider goalie coaching a regular coach passing and juggling for 15-20 mins before a 90 min practice clearly you're not familiar with positional coaching. This is the exact reason why the 24 and 25 goalie left. This has been an issue for years. If our family is such an issue then why ask our daughter to come back every year? At the end of every year we have told them we're not coming to tryouts. Then the calls, texts, etc. start. We believe them and we come back. We pay between $50-65 an hour for private lessons. I have been very supportive of this team over the years and have a close relationship with a lot of the families. Have you heard of carpooling? It's a thing. Maybe you didn't see me at one of four fall practices when we weren't supposed to be getting out of our car. Little thing called covid. I've been at every fall tournament including the last one when I had a medical issue. If you are truly a 26 parent that I have spoken to please feel free to reach out to me directly. You must have my contact information. We are moving on and worrying about our own team. LBC should do the same.

You are doing what is best for your child, as all of us would do. If they have made empty promises over and over and had to beg you to come try out, they should have been prepared to have a 2nd goalie, most all clubs have two for each team. If they take kids midseason, they should be prepared to lose kids midseason. Its unfortunate how it unfolded, but clearly LBC didn't take the high road. Good luck to her daughter at her new club. She's going to get great goalie training, I can tell you from first hand experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds Ike it was for the best. Goalie specific training is just as important. Goalies don’t want to be at practice when all that is happening to them is getting put in a goal to get shot on for a straight two hours. Invest in your goalies just as much as your other players. Good luck to you and your daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid gets better at practice just like the other 24 girls on the roster. My daughter gets better then the other 23 by what she does in her own time in the backyard and yes me paying for skills training and speed/agility. If the club promised a goalie coach so be it but kids get better from the extra time they put in away from the team. Somepay money for extra training, some dont and you can tell who doesnt. Goalies arent different except there is only 1 one field and 2 on a roster .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LBC just can't help themselves. Perfected passive aggressive bullying tactics. Always have always will. This isnt first time an LBC child/family has been raked over coals on this forum nor will it be the last. LBC has to have the last word but lack the integrity to fight their own battles. Its a shame

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I normally don't think it is wise for people to identify themselves on this forum, but in this case, the player's Mom represented herself and her daugher well by explaining why they made a move. She did not sound toxic, absentee, or crazy to me. Bait and switch is a major problem with all travel programs, not just in coaching, but roster placement, playing time, and other issues. It sounds like this program didn't just over-promise, but they actually misled the family about the availability of goalie coaching. They had better hire a real goalie coach and stop playing games or they are not going to have trouble getting new goalies in the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter plays for LBC and I wish the directors would respond. All information was given to this family prior to them committing to playing this year. They knew eactly what they were getting. I spoke to this parent after they decided to stay. She was told who the goalie coaches were that would be working with the goalies at every practice. I was not told by the mom but others that she got a huge discount to pay for individual lessons. She told me that they were staying with LBC because her daughter wants to stay becuase she loves the coach and the team. My daughter is not a goalie but we also pay full tuition and pay for individual lessons outside of club practice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure LBC has responded on this thread

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They sure have And posing—“as a parent of a 26” or “my daughter plays for LBC”. So obvious. The woman director ruined a good thing on the shore because she just can’t get out of her own way. She is horrible and shouldn’t be around club lacrosse, kids, adults, animals, machinery.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter plays for LBC and I wish the directors would respond. All information was given to this family prior to them committing to playing this year. They knew eactly what they were getting. I spoke to this parent after they decided to stay. She was told who the goalie coaches were that would be working with the goalies at every practice. I was not told by the mom but others that she got a huge discount to pay for individual lessons. She told me that they were staying with LBC because her daughter wants to stay becuase she loves the coach and the team. My daughter is not a goalie but we also pay full tuition and pay for individual lessons outside of club practice.

"She was told who the goalie coaches were that would be working with the goalies at every practice"

Sounds like LBC went back on this though and there were not goalie coaches?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK, “Devil’s Advocate” here! Yes we get it, a family left, and possibly multiple families prior to that. That is a choice and it happens in every club! Conversely, LBC could have handled the situation a bit more professionally, sure we get that. Business gets personal.

Folks complain about extra training etc. That is important, however how is it that LBC has multiple teams that compete with Heros, M and D, Skywalkers, etc. despite their inadequacy to provide “said” goalie training? Ya’ll are drinking the “Chickin’ Necker” Koolaid! Only some of you will understand this comparison.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LBC has multiple teams that compete with Heros, M and D, Skywalkers, etc. despite their inadequacy to provide “said” goalie training? Ya’ll are drinking the “Chickin’ Necker” Koolaid! Only some of you will understand this comparison.

Let's get this topic back on track talking about LAX, please. I know the 2025 team is competitive. What other teams are?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good God move on from LBC trash talking. The horse is dead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THis forum is about the 26 team and yes the 26 LBC is very competitive and have a lot of very talented players. They compete with both Hero's and M&D. They beat Hero's Green the last time they played them.

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 87 1 2 3 4 5 6 86 87
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard