BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 87 1 2 3 4 5 86 87
Re: Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard they lost one to Hero's but that was it. They must be doing something right if the other clubs want their goalies so bad.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stay classy LBC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What will destroy LBC?
A 2026 goalie who is going to play for a B team because her parents were flattered by Altig. She promised her to be the 26 goalie for high school. The 2026 LBC team will continue to beat MDU by 10 goals a game. They have a field player who is a better goalie than the one they lost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Straight from the club director of LBC

You both should be ashamed of yourselves. When your children grow up and have zero moral compass you will know exactly where it came from. LBC has been very good to you during your darkest times as well as both of your daugthers. In the summer you told Smitty you were 100% committed to playing and said you wanted to be “the ONLY Goalie”. You have now left 18 girls in the middle of the year high and dry. It takes a special kind of family to do this.

No need to tell anyone on the team or on LBC what this says because I will forward it so there is no question or misunderstandings.

Karma is tough and you will get what you deserve unfortunately you have now put your daughter in the same position to be judged by your poor parenting. She has to go to school with a handful of girls that she committed to and has now left. Living with the consequences of your actions can be tough. I can’t imagine any parent or player on this team would think it is morally acceptable to leave your team mid-season because “you found a better opportunity”.

A wise person told me “unhappy people go elsewhere looking for something better but they have to take themselves with them so they are never happy” . You both should be ashamed of yourselves. When your children grow up and have zero moral compass you will know exactly where it came from. LBC has been very good to you during your darkest times as well as both of your daugthers. In the summer you told Smitty you were 100% committed to Kylie playing and said you wanted to be “the ONLY Goalie”. You have now left 18 girls in the middle of the year high and dry. It takes a special kind of family to do this.

No need to tell anyone on the team or on LBC what this says because I will forward it so there is no question or misunderstandings.

Karma is tough and you will get what you deserve unfortunately you have now put your daughter in the same position to be judged by your poor parenting. She has to go to school with a handful of girls that she committed to and has now left. Living with the consequences of your actions can be tough. I can’t imagine any parent or player on this team would think it is morally acceptable to leave your team mid-season because “you found a better opportunity”.

A wise person told me “unhappy people go elsewhere looking for something better but they have to take themselves with them so they are never happy” .

If you are not the person who received this email, you have absolutely no business getting involved and putting this out there.Way to absolutely destroy this girl by posting this. Shame on YOU.

I assume by the self-righteous tone in this email that LBC will not be trying to recruit a goalie from another club. If they do, then these words ring pretty hollow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After reading that note from the LBC organization to those poor parents, there’s nothing classy about them. That’s a shame.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ahhh....LBC chiming in. Director or parent of child who is the field player and a better goalie who is also a coach of the 26 team? One day LBC will understand that player development is more important than winning games. I do believe that Maryland United 2026 team went to the championship game at the final fall tournament while LBC 2026's went home. The 2026 goalie also has a sister who is a 2025 field player that switched this year from LBC to Maryland United and Maryland United beat LBC in the championship game. There's no need to be flattered by a coach, maybe if LBC held up to their end of the bargain by having goalie coaching at every practice the goalie would still be there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW...the fact that someone felt the need to post this...NO WORDS!!!!! Do you feel better now?????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have lost a number of goalies over the years. LBC does not produce good goalies, the parents who spend endless amounts of time and money do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This email should not surprise anyone who has ever been affiliated with this organization. No matter what the circumstances are if your child leaves they will trash you and your entire family.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% TRUE!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This email should not surprise anyone who has ever been affiliated with this organization. No matter what the circumstances are if your child leaves they will trash you and your entire family.

I don't know why anyone would want to be associated with this Club. My daughter has played against one of their teams and I was disgusted by the behavior of their coaches on the sidelines, along with parents behavior in the benches. Not an organization I would want to be connected to. It's not just about "winning"...the older these girls get, they will eventually (hopefully) see the big picture.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know why anyone would want to be associated with this Club. My daughter has played against one of their teams and I was disgusted by the behavior of their coaches on the sidelines, along with parents behavior in the benches. Not an organization I would want to be connected to. It's not just about "winning"...the older these girls get, they will eventually (hopefully) see the big picture.

good point. For an organization so focused on winning, you would think that they would win more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter plays for this club and I don't see this club only "focused on winning" ever. Actually the coaches and directors constantly tell parents and players it isn't about winning it is about growing as players. My understanding is the families who left in the past left because they said this coach wasn't trying to win. Every fall practice I was able to attend I saw at least one coach working with the goalies so not sure who said they didn't get goalie coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The email to family is most appalling IMO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poor parents. That’s funny !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter plays for this club and I don't see this club only "focused on winning" ever. Actually the coaches and directors constantly tell parents and players it isn't about winning it is about growing as players. My understanding is the families who left in the past left because they said this coach wasn't trying to win. Every fall practice I was able to attend I saw at least one coach working with the goalies so not sure who said they didn't get goalie coaching.

You may want to rethink who your daughter is playing for. Beyond embarrassing that the Club director (or coach) would behave in this manner. Curious to how quick they do damage control. I'd be mortified that this was made so public.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Appalling? I would think it is pretty appalling to commit to a team for the year. Tell them you don't want any other goalies and then quit. I can't think of anything more appalling to these teammates. It sounds like the letter is pretty accurate if it is true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LBC has promised goalie coaching over and over and that’s why these goalies leave. Having an Elementary gym teacher who knows very little about goalie position is not cutting it. The goalie parents pay over $50 an hour to have someone other than an LBC coach train them. Not because they want too but because they have too. LBC keeps making the same mistake over and over. Hard headed or notIntelligent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Appalling? I would think it is pretty appalling to commit to a team for the year. Tell them you don't want any other goalies and then quit. I can't think of anything more appalling to these teammates. It sounds like the letter is pretty accurate if it is true.
Please explain your comment? All these girls that play for a club team commit to play for them for the year - you make a committment.Period. If you play for that year and are unhappy THEN you move on and try to make it on to another team when tryouts are at the end of the Summer. NOT during the year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They only have one real goalie for 3 teams. A 26 goalie who plays for the 25 b team. The goalie who has been playing for the 25 a team is a field hockey player that is playing to help them out until her travel field hockey team starts. To continue to say she wanted to be the only goalie, there are no other goalies. Goalies did come to tryouts but ultimately decided this was not the team for them. They were not cut, they didn't come back. They are the only club team with no goalie coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalies are a difference maker/key players. If you don't get what you are expecting/promised it's time to move on. This director is very selfish!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course the timing of tryouts are rigged so you have little time to move to another team. The clubs not allowing time for their players to tryout will inevitably lead to this type of poaching. Loyalty seems to be a one way street with most clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be that coach/parent/director making this response. This is so high schoolish behavior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please explain your comment? All these girls that play for a club team commit to play for them for the year - you make a committment.Period. If you play for that year and are unhappy THEN you move on and try to make it on to another team when tryouts are at the end of the Summer. NOT during the year.

Commitments go both ways. If the family was promised dedicated positional training and it wasn't delivered in full, then i have no issue with them leaving even if it during a break in the season.

Also, LBC was having mid-season tryouts for their 27s last weekend, so they understand (and in fact encourage) some kids make moves between fall and spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People are allowed to change their minds. And now we understand why people are running for the hills with this type of abuse from this club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The saddest part about this entire situation is that the main objective of being about the players and the girls well being is completely lost. In 7th grade, the girls should be learning and developing a deeper love and passion for the sport, not being discussed as just a pawn or object in a bigger scheme or drama. It’s infuriating that adult/club politics and emotions rob players of these opportunities. As a coach or leader, it’s your responsibility to inspire these kids, not bully parents and trash everyone you don’t like. They need to grow the heck up and actually do their darn jobs and work their jerks off for the kids and stop putting so much effort into running their mouth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disclaimer, don’t have a daughter that plays for LBC, nor do I coach there, however am familiar with the organization. As a business professional, emails are for the sole intention of the recipient and never should be shared with others unless for lawful purposes, so shame on the parents who posted this. Conversely, travel lacrosse is a business, and can be shark infested at times. There is a lot of bad blood between MDU and LBC based on player movement, therefore winning does lead to a sense of entitlement and might take priority for some more than others.

Player position training is important, especially in middle school with girls’ bodies changing/growing and the need for muscle memory to prevail over changing gross motor skills. MDU has 3-4 goalie coaches and is well organized. Can you blame a parent for wanting their child to be exposed to specific training?
Yes, the goalie is leaving her team “high and dry” and there is a cost for that which the player cannot fathom at her age. Bottom line is “be classy” on both ends. Directors need to be pragmatic and professional as it’s a business (QTIP-quit taking it personal) and parents should understand that their decisions for their children might affect them more than they know (don’t be helicopters).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That email was sent to everyone on that team, not just the parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That email was sent to everyone on that team, not just the parents.

Well then that is just stupidity on behalf of the Director. Why “aire” your personal feelings like that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor has it the Bit Dog Barks the loudest!! The toxic environment has been boiling at LBC for years. Club is selling a product and has concept of Customer Relations. They have the “My way or the Highway” motto and when families choose the Highway they are shocked!!
Travel Lacrosse on both sides of the Bridge is very competitive so if LBC can’t stand the Heat Stay out of the Kitchen
There is a fine line between arrogance and confidence and LBC has ounce again trip over the line and fallen flat on their face!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter played for LBC for like 7 years. She is now going to college. It is horrible reading these messages when 99% of you know nothing about LBC. LBC is not like any other club. The cost is much less than any other club and they try to fundraise for people that struggle paying for the cost of travel lacrosse. The directors are not paid the only people paid are non parent coaches. LBC is a non-profit and no one is making a living from the club. My daugher is not a goalie but I was told that middle school goalies only pay about $600 so they are able to pay for private goalie lessons. I agree the directors take things too personally probably because for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They know all about LBC...people in that organization can’t keep their mouths shut and keep posting childish things on here to let everyone know who they really are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LBC is definitely like no other club. Most of the comments on here seem to have pretty intricate knowledge of this club or I'm guessing they have or had girls in this organization. They have been telling parents for years that other clubs are so much more expensive. This is simply not true. They do give you the opportunity to fundraise. They offer nothing in the off season. If they offer anything additional you have to pay for it. If you really think they're not getting paid in some way they have fooled you. They should be paid. I don't know why they continue to try to deny it. I don't know about goalie discounts but they should get a discount. Most clubs give a discount even when they have a goalie program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter played for LBC for like 7 years. She is now going to college. It is horrible reading these messages when 99% of you know nothing about LBC. LBC is not like any other club. The cost is much less than any other club and they try to fundraise for people that struggle paying for the cost of travel lacrosse. The directors are not paid the only people paid are non parent coaches. LBC is a non-profit and no one is making a living from the club. My daugher is not a goalie but I was told that middle school goalies only pay about $600 so they are able to pay for private goalie lessons. I agree the directors take things too personally probably because for them.

This thread should be congratulating Heros on their solid effort this past weekend, as well as SW. Congrats!

An individual player or strife among parents/directors should not be a public situation. Don’t stoop to the “LI adults” of the lacrosse world. Before you know it you’ll be using a beach umbrella for sun exposure. Just sayin’!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For an organization from the Eastern Shore, which has only been around a few years, pulling girls from Queen Anne's County (population 50,381), Caroline County (pop 33,304), and Talbot Counties (pop 37,181), compared to the large established organizations on the Western Shore pulling from Anne Arundel County (pop 579,234), Howard County (pop 325,690), and Baltimore County (pop 827,370) and having the ability to even compete with the large organizations is perfect for a family such as ours whom would rather play local than disrupt our family dynamics to travel for something promising to be 'better'. In addition, this Christmas, LBC helped 9 families in need, and received the following note of thanks: "Well the drop off was a success!! The smiles of those children were priceless as they know they have something special for each of them!!
I want to thank all of the generous givers as they have given blessings to two families that may have not had a very bright Christmas! One family
member had been thinking about what he was going to do to provide Christmas for his daughter when I called him later that morning to ask him
If he could use a Christmas blessing!
I thank you again and pray for you and your families to have a blessed and safe Christmas and looking forward to a New Year!!" And to top it off, Coach Smitty is the best lacrosse coach we have ever played for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly this is an attempt at damage control by their director who clearly started all of this drama. Do you ever sleep or just send out these long spiels? SMH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pulling population numbers? That's a new kind of special. I'm sure LBC isn't the only club that helps out families in need and not just during Christmas. Just ask Heros.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you say rather play local than disrupt family dynamics by traveling? Do you comprehend that merging with Saltwater which is based out of Berlin, MD and now having practice in Centreville, MD, Berlin, MD and DE is further for some than traveling over the big bad bridge?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I cant believe a parent posted an LBC email for everyone to read. Whoever posted this is a poster child for whats wrong with youth lacrosse. Whoever sent the email to all the parents shouldnt have even responded to the parent leaving. Much easier to take the high road to keep your moral compass intact. LBC looks like fools

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 87 1 2 3 4 5 86 87
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard