BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 72 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 71 72
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not a BBL person but if you think the rankings are accurate, you don't know lacrosse.
I totally agree. I can't stand BBL - but the rankings are lame. I remember when they first launched their Instagram site. They went and followed a million kids. Once kids followed them back - they unfollowed them. Nice.[/quote]

Wait until tomorrow when our 2024 team ranking comes out, we are the best club in NJ[/quote]

BBL blows, Towermen are the future. TM will destroy everyone in the WSYL. Enjoy the show losers![/quote]

BBL or Tribal will knock Towermen out in the qualifier and Towermen does not make WSYL

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one from Towermen wrote this. This person is mentioning a 2024 team and Tmen are only a 2026 team. BBL is a good club and they are good at many age groups. The WSYL East qualifier will be very competitive this year with the additions of the MD clubs - Hawks, Madlax, Combo teams - as well as the top PA and NJ teams. We are looking forward to it but every tournament with great clubs will be a dog fight. Merry Christmas to everyone in the Lacrosse community. - A Real Towermen Parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did towermen play this fall? dont remember seeing much of them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, all their players moved to BBL smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened to this team?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Jersey had a full football season unlike most surrounding states. Our team is loaded with football players and hockey players. We had one tourney switch the date on us which created a conflict and then played in one midweek tournament over Veterans Day but played the 2025 bracket. Been grinding every week since August just haven’t had many 2026 games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Jersey had a full football season unlike most surrounding states. Our team is loaded with football players and hockey players. We had one tourney switch the date on us which created a conflict and then played in one midweek tournament over Veterans Day but played the 2025 bracket. Been grinding every week since August just haven’t had many 2026 games.
Towermen are a good team. But how long will parents put up with being invisible on the tourney scene? Intrinsic problem of being part of a one-off team and not a club. Moreover, what is the plan for the towermen once they get to recruiting age? Are they going to be getting the best advise and support humanly possible to pursue the next level? Hopefully they will, but my guess is the bigger clubs are going to cherry pick the best players out of there with promises of college connections and D1 scholarships well before.

In a side note...using the term "Grinding" to describe youth lacrosse seems like something that would go down on the Maryland board. Let's not turn toxic like those clowns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually they picked up two really good players from bbl and didn’t lose anyone. Lots of hockey and football kids so not much fall action other than practices

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually they picked up two really good players from bbl and didn’t lose anyone. Lots of hockey and football kids so not much fall action other than practices

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think you are going to qualify you might want to have your boys put down their hockey sticks, Maryland teams are coming this year!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think you are going to qualify you might want to have your boys put down their hockey sticks, Maryland teams are coming this year!

WSYL in MD...sounds like it's just another tourney now without the gimmick of flying out to Colorado for a family vacation. I guess you can stop at the inner harbor or maybe some filming locations from "The Wire". Other than that, no reason to go that heck hole. I'll cut to the chase. A Long Island team is gonna win it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WSYL in MD...sounds like it's just another tourney now without the gimmick of flying out to Colorado for a family vacation. I guess you can stop at the inner harbor or maybe some filming locations from "The Wire". Other than that, no reason to go that heck hole. I'll cut to the chase. A Long Island team is gonna win it.

On the plus side, you don't have the expense of traveling to Colorado and, unlike many other local tournaments, you get to see a lot of other teams from across the county that would not normally attend a MD tournament, As far as a long island team winning, if that is your concern, probably best not to play in any high level tournaments at that age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On the plus side, you don't have the expense of traveling to Colorado and, unlike many other local tournaments, you get to see a lot of other teams from across the county that would not normally attend a MD tournament, As far as a long island team winning, if that is your concern, probably best not to play in any high level tournaments at that age.

I only mean that the towermen kids involved in hockey should keep playing hockey in the winter (in contrast to the guy who said they should put down their sticks since MD teams are coming). Those kids will be much better served by playing multiple sports in middle school than worrying about who the competition is going to be at a weekend tourney down 95.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I only mean that the towermen kids involved in hockey should keep playing hockey in the winter (in contrast to the guy who said they should put down their sticks since MD teams are coming). Those kids will be much better served by playing multiple sports in middle school than worrying about who the competition is going to be at a weekend tourney down 95.

What is a Towerman?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is a Towerman?

Great question. From what I gather, they were a top 20 '26 team pre-covid. There is only a '26 team, no other age groups in their organization. They didn't play in the fall because of football. They aren't playing in the winter because of hockey. They are looking to qualify for the WSYL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is a Towerman?

Great question. From what I gather, they were a top 20 '26 team pre-covid. There is only a '26 team, no other age groups in their organization. They didn't play in the fall because of football. They aren't playing in the winter because of hockey. They are looking to qualify for the WSYL.

This is top notch BTC self promotion playbook, at least in 2011. 2021 not so much. Go talk to your team moms with this boring nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is a Towerman?

This is top notch BTC self promotion playbook, at least in 2011. 2021 not so much. Go talk to your team moms with this boring nonsense.

Can you explain what the "self promotion" was? and how it relates to 2011 and how it doesn't relate to 2021? What else should we talk about on BOTC? Cricket? Golf? Just let me know so I can recalibrate my talking points.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have a list of the NJ teams that are trying to qualify for the WSYL?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m a towermen parent. We are a not for profit 2025 team started by parents and have professional coaches (no parents). Mostly a north jersey all star team with kids from Ridgewood, Mtn Lakes, Summit, Maplewood, etc . They haven’t lost to a NJ in two years and play all the top AA teams every summer. Only lost to a few teams this past summer, hawks and Sweetlax and maybe one other. Beat Tigers, BBL, NJ express. Havent played LI Express yet. Lots of very strong and age appropriate multi sport athletes. Only 3 out of 24 don’t qualify age wise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I meant 2026 team. Typo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typo. Towermen is 2026

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m a towermen parent. We are a not for profit 2025 team started by parents and have professional coaches (no parents). Mostly a north jersey all star team with kids from Ridgewood, Mtn Lakes, Summit, Maplewood, etc . They haven’t lost to a NJ in two years and play all the top AA teams every summer. Only lost to a few teams this past summer, hawks and Sweetlax and maybe one other. Beat Tigers, BBL, NJ express. Havent played LI Express yet. Lots of very strong and age appropriate multi sport athletes. Only 3 out of 24 don’t qualify age wise.

Certain that nobody cares about your rec team before or after, BBL and Express would have taken any players that were any good by now you know what I mean?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Certain that nobody cares about your rec team before or after, BBL and Express would have taken any players that were any good by now you know what I mean?
Another middle school team and program that will lose players to the major programs in high school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually I don’t know what you mean. We beat bbl black and nj express this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We shall see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another middle school team and program that will lose players to the major programs in high school
Love to hear what the high school plan is for the towermen...you know...besides move to BBL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not always the case if the coaches are well connected. Quick look under the hood tells it all. Good on this team for being multi-sport athletes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not always the case if the coaches are well connected. Quick look under the hood tells it all. Good on this team for being multi-sport athletes.

More like good on the PARENTS for fostering multi-sport athletes. I'm sure the team isn't signing those kids up for hockey year in and year out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please provide 1 example of coaches that are well connected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why all the detest on this forum? Why do you need examples? You know zero about this team and their coaches and we don’t owe you anything. But I’ll humor you since you are clearly a hater. We have 4 coaches. They are all former high level D1 and D3 players all with HS and/or college coaching experience and one is currently an assistant coach at a top 25 D1 program. Let’s talk in 5 years and see what happens on the recruitment front. And if we get beat by any team in NJ until then, I’ll be sure to let you know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why all the detest on this forum? Why do you need examples? You know zero about this team and their coaches and we don’t owe you anything. But I’ll humor you since you are clearly a hater. We have 4 coaches. They are all former high level D1 and D3 players all with HS and/or college coaching experience and one is currently an assistant coach at a top 25 D1 program. Let’s talk in 5 years and see what happens on the recruitment front. And if we get beat by any team in NJ until then, I’ll be sure to let you know.

This is BOTC Baby! No snowflakes. Only Hot Takes.

As a parent of a Towermen, are you concerned in the least with how the recruiting process will go? Just to level set, I hope your kid doesn't get recruited, just so my kid has a better chance of getting recruited. I'm not concerned for your welfare or you child's welfare, purely my own. But I am interested in getting your honest feelings on it. Clearly you aren't, else you wouldn't be there. so maybe can you share why you aren't worried?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Normally get paid $350+ and hour to dole out this professional advice, but consider this one free. I reposted your rant above to be a reflective mirror. Hopefully you now see the projection and are immediately committing to take the necessary steps to resolve the detest inside. With that solved can you repay the altriusm and repost when you come to your senses and let you kid play for a real program? Betting you end up at Predators.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually I don’t know what you mean. We beat bbl black and nj express this summer.

Getting lucky in a covid summer don’t count.only a jamoke don’t play fall games and whines about it capisce

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny to see the NJ crybabies worried about Towermen. I am from another area and have seen Towermen play - very good team. Not good enough to win NAL or other big tournaments but competitive with most NY and MD teams. The other NJ teams like BBL are weak for this age group. Towermen definitely the best NJ has at this time. If TM plays in WSYL will see if these are age appropriate 7th graders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop the recruiting banter. They are 12. The cream always rises in time. The best players are almost always found regardless of the team they play for. Showcases, prospect days, UA AA games, etc. Don’t believe the hype. Your club program isn’t the only way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop the recruiting banter. They are 12. The cream always rises in time. The best players are almost always found regardless of the team they play for. Showcases, prospect days, UA AA games, etc. Don’t believe the hype. Your club program isn’t the only way.
Is Towerman putting a 2025 team in the WSYL so all the boys get an opportunity to play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the reality, just takes some time for a lot of people to figure it out...and you really have no way to know how your kid compares until you see them playing with multiple age groups in high school, or against the traditional holdback clubs during high school, the best players stand out, regardless of age. Playing against clubs the have 1 or 2 older kids is one thing, playing against a stacked roster is a whole different world. National tournaments like Naptown are a real eye opener when you start playing against the National club teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Towerman putting a 2025 team in the WSYL so all the boys get an opportunity to play?

Come on man, this is not nice or constructive. We are better than this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truth! Cream always rises in time. Some of these 12 year olds peaked already and lose interest and some will peak when they are in HS, college and beyond.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What he said!

Like Reply Quote
Page 26 of 72 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 71 72
Quick Reply