BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 53 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 52 53
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What’s up with Team 24. Are they still Nassau and Suffolk, or is it all shifted out to Suffolk.

We played them this fall. Good team. Asked one of the dads and he said it's mostly Suffolk kids with some Nassau to travel east.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91’s B team looked decent this fall. We played them twice and they beat us twice. We had beaten them last year. Maybe reach out to them?

Yes, they are good. The better 2nd teams are 91, Express and Rush. They are all organized, have good coaches, and that will translate into a positive experience. All might not win every game, but the commitment and is there. Igloo and Shore to Shore have 2nd teams, but don’t know much about them. The rest of the 2nd teams you probably want to do your research on.

Express B team isn't very good. They just got shut out by 24 a couple weeks ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91s A team is garbage so I doubt their B team is good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91’s B team looked decent this fall. We played them twice and they beat us twice. We had beaten them last year. Maybe reach out to them?
Does 91 have 3 teams?

91 will have as many teams as kids show up for tryouts. In 2025, it isn't that many 😂

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the obvious jealousy of 91 on this thread is amazing.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, they are good. The better 2nd teams are 91, Express and Rush. They are all organized, have good coaches, and that will translate into a positive experience. All might not win every game, but the commitment and is there. Igloo and Shore to Shore have 2nd teams, but don’t know much about them. The rest of the 2nd teams you probably want to do your research on.

Express B team isn't very good. They just got shut out by 24 a couple weeks ago.

Fake news.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would anyone be jealous of a garbage team that hides from good competition, explain that 91 dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express B is not good. Their AA team is carrying a roster in the mid to high 30's. That's more than enough players for two teams. So basically the best player on Express B was like the 40th to 50th best player at tryouts. Because I'm sure a lot of people walk once they find out they're not going to be on the top team. Express, 91 and Igloo carry a lot of players on their top teams. If you're looking at their B teams, those players are going to be way down on the organizational depth chart.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In terms of B teams, Express B is right there with the better teams in the age group (i.e.Turtles, 91,etc...) The fact that the AA team carry's a large roster is irrelevant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express B is not good. Their AA team is carrying a roster in the mid to high 30's. That's more than enough players for two teams. So basically the best player on Express B was like the 40th to 50th best player at tryouts. Because I'm sure a lot of people walk once they find out they're not going to be on the top team. Express, 91 and Igloo carry a lot of players on their top teams. If you're looking at their B teams, those players are going to be way down on the organizational depth chart.

I agree with the comments above. It's become a money grab for ALL of the programs. Overloaded rosters at the A team ensure the more money in the program. Half the players sit there and watch but at least the parents can drive around with the team decal on their car. If they have enough for a weak second team they'll throw something together. It's all based on numbers at tryouts. How many times have you heard players are just dying to come here? BTW, 2nd tier players and second rate coaching DOES NOT get you lower prices. It gets you garbage coaching and nothing more than one or two average players.

Until people push back or some sort of regulations are enacted, the stink known as program owners will continue to clean up. They advertise all the recruited athletes they produced. Newsflash, most if not all of those players would have gotten into the same university or better had they spent the same amount on tutors or test prep. I'm all for playing at the next level but at what cost. Does anyone really care that you played 3rd midfield for an unknown university. Don't give me the line that these kids are using lacrosse to get a better education because it's not true. Play, have fun take it as far as you can, get an education make connections, move on.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with the comments above. It's become a money grab for ALL of the programs. Overloaded rosters at the A team ensure the more money in the program. Half the players sit there and watch but at least the parents can drive around with the team decal on their car. If they have enough for a weak second team they'll throw something together. It's all based on numbers at tryouts. How many times have you heard players are just dying to come here? BTW, 2nd tier players and second rate coaching DOES NOT get you lower prices. It gets you garbage coaching and nothing more than one or two average players.

Until people push back or some sort of regulations are enacted, the stink known as program owners will continue to clean up. They advertise all the recruited athletes they produced. Newsflash, most if not all of those players would have gotten into the same university or better had they spent the same amount on tutors or test prep. I'm all for playing at the next level but at what cost. Does anyone really care that you played 3rd midfield for an unknown university. Don't give me the line that these kids are using lacrosse to get a better education because it's not true. Play, have fun take it as far as you can, get an education make connections, move on.
you sounded like you knew what you were saying until you said lacrosse does not get you a better education , i would like to have your kid apply to YALE , Princeton, UVA , UNC , Duke without lacrosse and come back on here and let us know how that worked out . If you are good enough to play at those schools you will get in because of lacrosse if you are trying to get in on just academics you have zero shot that is a FACT . So keep working hard in classroom and on lax field and hopefully in the end an opportunity presents itself

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In terms of B teams, Express B is right there with the better teams in the age group (i.e.Turtles, 91,etc...) The fact that the AA team carry's a large roster is irrelevant.

Yep, always critics out there. The coaches are dedicated and the boys get a ton of lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
beyond obsessed with 91

Why would anyone be jealous of a garbage team that hides from good competition, explain that 91 dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have a lot to be thankful for this season.
Thank you directors for having rosters of 30+ kids so you can play 15 and have the others stand and watch.
Thank you WSYL for taking our money and making us drag it out another year.
Thank you clubs for jamming us indoors on terrible fields so you can charge us for winter training.
Thank you directors for continuing to claim you lost money last year but somehow the math doesn't add up.
Thank you BIG 3 for continuing to chase each other like monkey see monkey do and abandon your original real mission statements.
Thank you for continuing to say its about the kids but its really all about the bottom line.
Thank you owners for bashing Chanster but not so secretly trying to copy his formula.
Thank you clubs for offering less each year but continuing to raise prices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All very true. But let me ask you a question. This a free country. We have a choice, be part of club lax or not be part of club lax. We all know the BS that comes with it. So the question is, Why don’t you choose the second option and not have your son in club lax?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have a lot to be thankful for this season.
Thank you directors for having rosters of 30+ kids so you can play 15 and have the others stand and watch.
Thank you WSYL for taking our money and making us drag it out another year.
Thank you clubs for jamming us indoors on terrible fields so you can charge us for winter training.
Thank you directors for continuing to claim you lost money last year but somehow the math doesn't add up.
Thank you BIG 3 for continuing to chase each other like monkey see monkey do and abandon your original real mission statements.
Thank you for continuing to say its about the kids but its really all about the bottom line.
Thank you owners for bashing Chanster but not so secretly trying to copy his formula.
Thank you clubs for offering less each year but continuing to raise prices.

As long as there is a line of people ready to pay for what is being offered it will continue to decline. This is a business first and it was never about the kids. Every business has a caring mission statement. I never understood how anyone ever thought these clubs are not doing this for money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All very true. But let me ask you a question. This a free country. We have a choice, be part of club lax or not be part of club lax. We all know the BS that comes with it. So the question is, Why don’t you choose the second option and not have your son in club lax?

Because people chase the best teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let your son choose for himself. Just my opinion. I gave my son the choice to play or not he chose to play. Let him tryout wherever he wants. He emphatically chose Express. The boys are the ones playing, let them choose where. You might be happily surprised.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let your son choose for himself. Just my opinion. I gave my son the choice to play or not he chose to play. Let him tryout wherever he wants. He emphatically chose Express. The boys are the ones playing, let them choose where. You might be happily surprised.
We did and IMHO he chose wrongly. Doesn't change the fact that clubs are ripping us off and the owners are person. How have the better teams remained good? NOT by developing teams and chemistry but by importing new and better players each year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you sounded like you knew what you were saying until you said lacrosse does not get you a better education , i would like to have your kid apply to YALE , Princeton, UVA , UNC , Duke without lacrosse and come back on here and let us know how that worked out . If you are good enough to play at those schools you will get in because of lacrosse if you are trying to get in on just academics you have zero shot that is a FACT . So keep working hard in classroom and on lax field and hopefully in the end an opportunity presents itself
The point is stop fixating on lacrosse as your ticket to college and concentrate on grades. How many of those lacrosse players are NOT getting in because of their grades. How many current youth players spending 10k per year are good enough to even play at the college level from a school you've heard of?

Last edited by JimSection1; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should be Thanking yourself for not having the stones to JUST SAY NO..... Its all true, what you wrote, but you dont have to do it. You dont HAVE TO put your kid in an indoor facility with 75 other kids. You CHOOSE to...Big difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a Philly team for 2025 WSYL that my kid could tryout for or is Tribal doing one ? Any other teams looking still?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep, always critics out there. The coaches are dedicated and the boys get a ton of lax.

And yet they got shut out by a not-great 24 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 mafia at it again with the USCL ratings ....everyone knows they control the rankings, everyone also knows that team 91 shock is not even close to being ranked 11 in the country more like 30 in the country . So basically when they put out these rankings you could automatically drop any 92 team down 10 notches . What a joke....they really think people are as dense as they are with the garbage that they pull .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 mafia at it again with the USCL ratings ....everyone knows they control the rankings, everyone also knows that team 91 shock is not even close to being ranked 11 in the country more like 30 in the country . So basically when they put out these rankings you could automatically drop any 92 team down 10 notches . What a joke....they really think people are as dense as they are with the garbage that they pull .

You’re an angry little man. You should get some therapy. Your myopic focus on this team is unhinged. Everyone knows who you are chief.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And yet they got shut out by a not-great 24 team.

Fake news

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 mafia at it again with the USCL ratings ....everyone knows they control the rankings, everyone also knows that team 91 shock is not even close to being ranked 11 in the country more like 30 in the country. So basically when they put out these rankings you could automatically drop any 92 team down 10 notches. What a joke....they really think people are as dense as they are with the garbage that they pull.
91 does not control the ranking, USLC is some dude in Point Pleasant, NJ. I'm not sure the guy knows any players on teams outside Mad Dog. He dropped their best nj team from top 15 to 44.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uscl rankings are the best in the game!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyway, 91 has their panties in a bunch today. 2025 coming in at 11 and their 2026 at 19. Heads will roll....egos are being bruised . I personally don’t care much about the rankings but when these clubs are quick to post them all over their websites , Instagram etc.....you know that when they come in low they are freaking out .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyway, 91 has their panties in a bunch today. 2025 coming in at 11 and their 2026 at 19. Heads will roll....egos are being bruised . I personally don’t care much about the rankings but when these clubs are quick to post them all over their websites , Instagram etc.....you know that when they come in low they are freaking out .

2025 Team doesn’t play to win. Owner is playing the profitability game. Ridiculous roster size and guest players who aren’t doing anything to improve the team. This years new additions are only bit players, they need game changers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rankings look pretty accurate. Where are they wrong/ amiss ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Express tank from #1 and dominant to middle of the road

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only games Express lost this Fall were to teams that were clearly full of holdbacks. They also lost to Sweetlax, who played a great game against them....but then they beat them pretty easily the last time the two met. Perhaps they are #2 or #3,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2025 Team doesn’t play to win. Owner is playing the profitability game. Ridiculous roster size and guest players who aren’t doing anything to improve the team. This years new additions are only bit players, they need game changers.

He ran off a couple of good goalies and others because he favors his friends. The kids are so much better than their coaches. They lose because the HC is horrible. No. 11? With an Owner? That says a lot! When Joe Spallina was coach, this team was it. Now it’s sad! Just sad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He ran off a couple of good goalies and others because he favors his friends. The kids are so much better than their coaches. They lose because the HC is horrible. No. 11? With an Owner? That says a lot! When Joe Spallina was coach, this team was it. Now it’s sad! Just sad!

You guys are high. That team is overrated at 11. They lose to very weak teams way too often to be considered a top club. And that’s been happening since year 1. That’s why JS left. Parents are crazy and kids were only slightly above average. It has nothing to do with a big roster. Everybody has big rosters. It has nothing to do with kids leaving. Kids leave because they’re not good enough to play. It has to do with daddy ball and kids not being as good as kids in other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s going on at Stony Brook today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only games Express lost this Fall were to teams that were clearly full of holdbacks. They also lost to Sweetlax, who played a great game against them....but then they beat them pretty easily the last time the two met. Perhaps they are #2 or #3,

Wa wa wa! Express parents always making excuses and crying, pretty sure for one you lost to Igloo who have no holdbacks. This spring will show 91 clearly the best on Long Island in the grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s going on at Stony Brook today?

FLG is running a HS varsity league. Was supposed to be over a couple months. But now they are cramming it into one week

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wa wa wa! Express parents always making excuses and crying, pretty sure for one you lost to Igloo who have no holdbacks. This spring will show 91 clearly the best on Long Island in the grade.

91 the best on long island.... hahahaha....you got jokes . 91 hasn't even been in the conversation anymore , they're a joke . Same team that got beat by a town team last year . You're a fool . 91 is a mess , only time they beat any teams are when they're hiding in their "dynamic disasters" owned mylacrossetournaments. Other than that they're not even taken seriously anymore

Page 19 of 53 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 52 53

Link Copied to Clipboard