BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Re: Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are exactly where they belong. Parent looking for greener pastures...Now blame yourself, not the coach who coached your kid the prior season, or the other kid that once played on the opposite side of your son. Our team is better off now, without certain parent complaining to the coach, his kid doesn't touch the ball enough. See ya, wouldn't want to be ya![/quote]
Much better coaching at Twenty4. Fact.[/quote]

Coaches are over the top but very good[/quote]

Never heard of 24 lacrosse. Who coaches them? Are they anyone in the world of lax?[/quote]

I heard the top kids from Turtles went to 24.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24 lacrosse is irrelevant in the travel lacrosse world. Look elsewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
False news

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

They've got some of the best talent on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clearly a troll because there is just zero logic anywhere present in this comment

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are exactly where they belong. Parent looking for greener pastures...Now blame yourself, not the coach who coached your kid the prior season, or the other kid that once played on the opposite side of your son. Our team is better off now, without certain parent complaining to the coach, his kid doesn't touch the ball enough. See ya, wouldn't want to be ya!
Much better coaching at Twenty4. Fact.[/quote]

Never heard of 24 lacrosse. Who coaches them? Are they anyone in the world of lax?[/quote]

I heard the top kids from Turtles went to 24.[/quote]

That's great. In fact, the team has been so much better since they went over to 24. It really comes down to one, and you can't even blame the kid. But the whining dad (they won't pass the ball to my son) no longer has direct access to distract our coach. good luck, some else's headache NOW!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best talent on LI is comical..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clearly a troll because there is just zero logic anywhere present in this comment

I don’t know why anyone would let their defender son play for a team that only plays zone. Kids aren’t learning much. Also, they stack the team with 22’s when the competition is over their heads. I never understood that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
listening to the lax sports network coverage of the Five Star Showcase All Star game and them praising kids for playing up.....LOL....ironic since the kid they were praising is reclassed and technically playing down in their All-Star game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24 who? And yes 2022's do play a n that team because my kid is 2022 and they wanted him!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
listening to the lax sports network coverage of the Five Star Showcase All Star game and them praising kids for playing up.....LOL....ironic since the kid they were praising is reclassed and technically playing down in their All-Star game.
That was one of the most ludicrous statements about that particular player I've ever heard. I'm sure Mark send them all the talking points, and the Maryland folks just repeat like its fact. Actually sad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was one of the most ludicrous statements about that particular player I've ever heard. I'm sure Mark send them all the talking points, and the Maryland folks just repeat like its fact. Actually sad

Its comical and sad...the old man acts like a tough guy and than reclasses his kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its comical and sad...the old man acts like a tough guy and than reclasses his kid.

Spallina, and all the others in prominant lacrosse positions do the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids a great player I'm sure. The old mans Ego is off the charts. Can you imagine calling Cottle and saying, hey make sure you mention me and my wife during the broadcast, I attached a picture of me playing 100 years ago. but its all about the kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids a great player I'm sure. The old mans Ego is off the charts. Can you imagine calling Cottle and saying, hey make sure you mention me and my wife during the broadcast, I attached a picture of me playing 100 years ago. but its all about the kid.

Saw him play up close and he's terrific, even at the 2022 level and at the HS level, I just think its a joke that they purposely call out playing up...no additional hype needed and it discredits any true Sophomore that is playing up.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Off topic but does anyone know of any good winter showcases to attend? Preferably in the Tri-State area but anywhere at this point as it seems like there is nothing out there. Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by NassauLaxDad516
Off topic but does anyone know of any good winter showcases to attend? Preferably in the Tri-State area but anywhere at this point as it seems like there is nothing out there. Thanks

Look into traveling out of state—places like Fla, NC, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by NassauLaxDad516

There is a NY Showcase in January on Long Island

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Saw him play up close and he's terrific, even at the 2022 level and at the HS level, I just think its a joke that they purposely call out playing up...no additional hype needed and it discredits any true Sophomore that is playing up.

S did the same thing with his kid. Oh, he's playing up ... blah blah blah. No, he's a holdback. The newspapers all bought into the garbage and the kid sets records as a "freshman" being up to 18 months older than other freshman. And, I have to say the kid is an amazing player and would still be without Daddy's shenanigans. That's the true shame of it.

This board loves to rail at the unathletic parents "who never played a sport in their life" pushing their kids but completely misses the glaring one who played D 2, was too small to be successful, and pushes their kids to make up for their own deficiencies, holding them back because they're small too ...

Oh, it was a learning disability ... yeah. Sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]listening to the lax sports network coverage of the Five Star Showcase All Star game and them praising kids for playing up.....LOL....ironic since the kid they were praising is reclassed and technically playing down in their All-Star game.

Kids a great player I'm sure. The old mans Ego is off the charts. Can you imagine calling Cottle and saying, hey make sure you mention me and my wife during the broadcast, I attached a picture of me playing 100 years ago. but its all about the kid.[/quo

S did the same thing with his kid. Oh, he's playing up ... blah blah blah. No, he's a holdback. The newspapers all bought into the garbage and the kid sets records as a "freshman" being up to 18 months older than other freshman. And, I have to say the kid is an amazing player and would still be without Daddy's shenanigans. That's the true shame of it.

This board loves to rail at the unathletic parents "who never played a sport in their life" pushing their kids but completely misses the glaring one who played D 2, was too small to be successful, and pushes their kids to make up for their own deficiencies, holding them back because they're small too ...

Actually thought the same but JS did play up. He played 2020 as a 2022 he played up one year What MM did was reclass from 22 to 23 kept playing 22 and saying he was playing up. Having a son who is a 21 and knowing most of kids the LIE 23 team is almost all should be 22's Better get used to it with Covid and college players getting years of eligibility back doesn't make much sense sending kids away at 18 playing against 24 year olds. Oldest son is in college and they are hearing they may be getting this year back eligibility wise

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are exactly where they belong. Parent looking for greener pastures...Now blame yourself, not the coach who coached your kid the prior season, or the other kid that once played on the opposite side of your son. Our team is better off now, without certain parent complaining to the coach, his kid doesn't touch the ball enough. See ya, wouldn't want to be ya!
Much better coaching at Twenty4. Fact.

I heard the top kids from Turtles went to 24.[/quote]

That's great. In fact, the team has been so much better since they went over to 24. It really comes down to one, and you can't even blame the kid. But the whining dad (they won't pass the ball to my son) no longer has direct access to distract our coach. good luck, some else's headache NOW![/quote]

Turtles/24 same thing Good B teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What match ups do you like in Jersey this weekend?
I've heard a lot about Twenty4 with their amazing coaching. Can't wait to see how developed the players will be.

They are absolutely terrible

Much better coaching at Twenty4. Fact.
Glorified PAL team

This is extremely unfair and uncalled for not every player is an A player

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the LI elite Igloo tournament still on this weekend, heard teams are dropping out.

Nope just igloo - guest players not able to show up

they just changed there name so it doesn't effect there ranking as #3.
plus the no parents allowed is even better. its a public park, how can they keep people out?

With tourneys being cancelled and travel getting harder can someone explain to me why we cant have (and never have had) a local tourney with Express LI (#18), 91 (#1), PT (#9), 2Way (#20), Eclipse (#16), Preds, Igloo (#3), Shore2Shore (#7), possibly even BBL (#21), Leading Edge or a cpl of other teams from NJ or even Upstate Sweetlax, Orange Crush. Call it the Tristate championships or something. I imagine its only bc PT or Express don't want to lose and then the other team has "bragging" rights. BTW, before someone says I am missing a great team or have rankings screwed up. I went by US Club Lax rankings.

Interested to see if people think the dead period will be lifted by the summer Or will all the recruiting be same as this year there are so many showcases popping up and it’s very confusing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the LI elite Igloo tournament still on this weekend, heard teams are dropping out.

plus the no parents allowed is even better. its a public park, how can they keep people out?

With tourneys being cancelled and travel getting harder can someone explain to me why we cant have (and never have had) a local tourney with Express LI (#18), 91 (#1), PT (#9), 2Way (#20), Eclipse (#16), Preds, Igloo (#3), Shore2Shore (#7), possibly even BBL (#21), Leading Edge or a cpl of other teams from NJ or even Upstate Sweetlax, Orange Crush. Call it the Tristate championships or something. I imagine its only bc PT or Express don't want to lose and then the other team has "bragging" rights. BTW, before someone says I am missing a great team or have rankings screwed up. I went by US Club Lax rankings.

Interested to see if people think the dead period will be lifted by the summer Or will all the recruiting be same as this year there are so many showcases popping up and it’s very confusing

All Money grabs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New US Club Lax Rankings: Long Island Ranked Teams
1) 91 Bandits
8) Express
9) Igloo
16) S2S
23) 91 Warriors
25) Rebels
55) Legacy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) 91 Bandits
8) Express
9) Igloo
16) S2S
23) 91 Warriors
25) Rebels
55) Legacy

Lacrosse Rankings has them
1. 91 Bandits- Added a few 22's, Consensus #1 rankings
4. Igloo- They just won't go away-A+ for survival skills
8. Shore 2 Shore- Continues to rack up impressive wins
10. LI Express Haugen- An injury challenged fall

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) 91 Bandits
8) Express
9) Igloo
16) S2S
23) 91 Warriors
25) Rebels
55) Legacy

Pretty good for a few "B" teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually thought the same but JS did play up. He played 2020 as a 2022 he played up one year What MM did was reclass from 22 to 23 kept playing 22 and saying he was playing up. Having a son who is a 21 and knowing most of kids the LIE 23 team is almost all should be 22's Better get used to it with Covid and college players getting years of eligibility back doesn't make much sense sending kids away at 18 playing against 24 year olds. Oldest son is in college and they are hearing they may be getting this year back eligibility wise

You missed the point. The young man is only a 2022 because he's a holdback. He should be 2021. He did play up at 2020 but he has an earlier birthday so it wasn't as huge a stretch as you'd think. Again, great player and he probably could have done it all on his own without looking like a cheater. Definitely his dad's fault and not his own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) 91 Bandits
8) Express
9) Igloo
16) S2S
23) 91 Warriors
25) Rebels
55) Legacy

Where did the other LI teams land on this list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) 91 Bandits
8) Express
9) Igloo
16) S2S
23) 91 Warriors
25) Rebels
55) Legacy

FLG rank # 968
Express B rank #720
Turtles rank # 1020
True Blue rank # 1230

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) 91 Bandits
8) Express
9) Igloo
16) S2S
23) 91 Warriors
25) Rebels
55) Legacy

4. Igloo- They won't go away-A+ for survival skills

FLG rank # 968
Express B rank #720
Turtles rank # 1020
True Blue rank # 1230

Only to the club owners should these rankings matter. Nonetheless, the last two teams with a ranking of plus 1K, are they really that untalented at this grade level?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Think it will be partially lifted but it is too early to tell

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) 91 Bandits
8) Express
9) Igloo
16) S2S
23) 91 Warriors
25) Rebels
55) Legacy

4. Igloo- They won't go away-A+ for survival skills

FLG rank # 968
Express B rank #720
Turtles rank # 1020
True Blue rank # 1230

Only to the club owners should these rankings matter. Nonetheless, the last two teams with a ranking of plus 1K, are they really that untalented at this grade level?

These rankings mean zero actually less than zero with there not being a legit tournament circuit in over a year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) 91 Bandits
8) Express
9) Igloo
16) S2S
23) 91 Warriors
25) Rebels
55) Legacy

Rankings aside who is best amongst
Igloo express S2S

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) 91 Bandits
8) Express
9) Igloo
16) S2S
23) 91 Warriors
25) Rebels
55) Legacy

Igloo express S2S
Nobody cares except for you. Your kid doesn't even care.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo express S2S

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ill play along I'm bored tonight. My son does not play on any of these teams. My opinion is Express for sure is better then both and I think if S2S and Igloo play 10 times it would be an even split maybe giving a slight edge to Igloo. Hope you all have a Happy and Healthy New Year hopefully all our boys will have a HS season, be well....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo express S2S

Ill play along I'm bored tonight. My son does not play on any of these teams. My opinion is Express for sure is better then both and I think if S2S and Igloo play 10 times it would be an even split maybe giving a slight edge to Igloo. Hope you all have a Happy and Healthy New Year hopefully all our boys will have a HS season, be well....

Igloo definitely better. The crazy thing is, I couldn’t tell you the name of one kid on that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone see True Blue in the last three years? Where did they drop off to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo express S2S

Igloo definitely better. The crazy thing is, I couldn’t tell you the name of one kid on that team.

Something not so crazy, I bet you not one kid on that team cares. Fact

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone see True Blue in the last three years? Where did they drop off to?

I think the team folded.

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard