BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 20 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Re: Boys 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Top kids at one percent showcase. Great talent and experience. Plenty of LI kids on the all star team. Well done.

Talent was deff there but the college coaches were not. What’s the point of a showcase with no college coaches present. Was this just a money grab a few days before Christmas ?

What clubs were represented on the all star team? Assume Pack, Legacy and Express?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top kids at one percent showcase. Great talent and experience. Plenty of LI kids on the all star team. Well done.

Talent was deff there but the college coaches were not. What’s the point of a showcase with no college coaches present. Was this just a money grab a few days before Christmas ?

Its up to each family to decide what is best for them. I just do not think going to Fla. to play for D3 coaches is worth it. The Film will be nice to have but there will be many chances for the boys on the top teams to get film agaist good competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No ones looking at your kid. The coaches aren’t even going to 2022 and 2023 showcases. Save your money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What clubs were represented on the all star team? Assume Pack, Legacy and Express?

Yes for the first two, not so much for Schwaldo. Their studs must have stayed home lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think those were the top kids from 2024 @ 1% you are in another world by yourself. Yes there were good kids there but there was also kids that were way over their heads...Get the grades in 9th and 10th grade because come summer after 10th grade {summer 2022} is when coaches start watching/recruiting...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
seems like a wide net was cast to fill the spots...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Were some god players and like previously stated some not so strong players. I guess it makes dad feel better saying his kid was top onepercent. Reality for many in FL is different and will be shown on HS and club fields over next couple of years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Were some god players and like previously stated some not so strong players. I guess it makes dad feel better saying his kid was top onepercent. Reality for many in FL is different and will be shown on HS and club fields over next couple of years.

No colleges coaches present so do the math your club had a piece of the $500 entrance fee that you were “selected for” lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone needs to put these kids DOB on there rosters. Kids playing down 2 years must be addressed by US Lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes my son was there and said a few kids has 2004 bdays....That means they should be in 11th grade...anyone see this being normal???? If you do you are a total hammerhead. Wait till US Lax gets sued because of this its just a matter of time till someone gets hurt. I get its HS and all but being a 2 year holdback is lame

Last edited by JimSection1; .
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The all star teams are heavily weighted to the Conn Clubs .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes my son was there and said a few kids has 2004 bdays....That means they should be in 11th grade...anyone see this being normal???? If you do you are a total hammerhead. Wait till US Lax gets sued because of this its just a matter of time till someone gets hurt. I get its HS and all but being a 2 year holdback is lame
Happens all the time get use to it......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was an event for kids in the graduating class of 2024. Nothing to do with birthday. Not US lax sponsored event. Get over it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get sued, this has been going on forever, where have you been.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty Xanders started to post DOB this past year with the 22's you all will have to wait until then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get sued, this has been going on forever, where have you been.

Does your son play for Express?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For sure these coaches are getting the kick backs. They know which parents will blindly write checks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Merry Christmas!

I've been naughty. I've been nice.

When it comes to making fun of Wolfpack parents,

I still won't think twice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]https://www.instagram.com/p/CJG3ewFrj7l/?igshid=1hoavl2xz8leo
What's your purpose in posting that? Kid looks old, so what. Are you saying he isn't a 2024? Or just being the biggest donk you can be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]https://www.instagram.com/p/CJG3ewFrj7l/?igshid=1hoavl2xz8leo
What's your purpose in posting that? Kid looks old, so what. Are you saying he isn't a 2024? Or just being the biggest donk you can be.

Ummmm that kid is deff not 14 lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This should be taken off the tread no kid should be posted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hockey profile says he is 17..LOL Freshman in HS....you are telling me there isnt an advantage. Parents must be proud. 17yo vs 14yo @ 1% he better make the all star team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hockey profile says he is 17..LOL Freshman in HS....you are telling me there isnt an advantage. Parents must be proud. 17yo vs 14yo @ 1% he better make the all star team.

Incredible. 2003 birthday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the way it is outside of Long Island. This kid is not the only one. There are many more. They just holdback and reclass more and more each year to compete. Just to show how advanced Long Island is my older son just turned 17. He is a senior in high school. He is already accepted and signed his National Letter of Intent to play at a top 20 D1 college lacrosse program. He is a solid D1 player as a younger senior in a Long Island High school. If he was a freshman he would obviously be a much better player against younger kids. If this other kid was a 2021 would he ever be an all star? So yes, there is an advantage to being older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He’s older than most of the top 2022 recruits IL listed DOB on rankings that is terrible obviously olde than most 23”s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He’s older than most of the top 2022 recruits IL listed DOB on rankings that is terrible obviously olde than most 23”s

The question is will he be able to fool a college to take him early on in the recruitment process once the coaches are able to contact him or will he have to drop down to 2025.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes its bad that some kids are ridiculously old for their grade. Some examples are cringe worthy but there is no need to post a link to single players instagram regardless of how upset we are. Our boys will be done with lacrosse after high school or college why put a permanent link on the web to embarrass him?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes its bad that some kids are ridiculously old for their grade. Some examples are cringe worthy but there is no need to post a link to single players instagram regardless of how upset we are. Our boys will be done with lacrosse after high school or college why put a permanent link on the web to embarrass him?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The entire system, you would think, would correct itself, from the point of view of scholarship obtainment. College coaches are paid to win. They can't win with s--t players. If this kid garners a scholarship at a top program because the coach sees him dominate on the travel circuit, but he turns out to be s--t when he gets there and has to play against other grown men, than it will the coach that gets hurt, especially if he repeats this mistake over and over again. So, you would think the coaches would be wise to these extreme examples and judge them accordingly. In basketball, at least, I have had a D1 coach tell me that they know what a D1 player looks like regardless of the competition. Hopefully this holds true for lax coaches.

Where this hurts the sport is in the growth of the game beyond the top college projects. The guy a few posts up who has the on-age LI top 20 D1 player - he will be fine. The kid is a stud who can compete against anyone. It's the next level kids, and beyond, who are hurt by ridiculous holdbacks, and they, in turn, tune the game out and focus on other sports and other things.

Hockey is a great model for lacrosse. Their college coaches LOVE the older players ... just like college lacrosse coaches do. Unless you are a Jack Eichel type, you are not getting into the program until you are 20. But yet youth hockey is strictly birth year based. The birth year-ness of youth hockey has not hurt college recruitment or what the college coaches are trying to do. But yet it makes youth hockey a much better experience for the thousands of kids who will never play past high school. There is no reason, ever, for a 14 year old to compete against a 17 year old unless the 14 year old is doing it voluntarily - like when a freshman chooses to play varsity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the way it is outside of Long Island. This kid is not the only one. There are many more. They just holdback and reclass more and more each year to compete. Just to show how advanced Long Island is my older son just turned 17. He is a senior in high school. He is already accepted and signed his National Letter of Intent to play at a top 20 D1 college lacrosse program. He is a solid D1 player as a younger senior in a Long Island High school. If he was a freshman he would obviously be a much better player against younger kids. If this other kid was a 2021 would he ever be an all star? So yes, there is an advantage to being older.

Funny outside of LI....yeah because all the kids from LI are on age just like the top 2022 player.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this information is correct, these kids will be graduating High School at 21 years old. Most will be 20 but this is crazy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny outside of LI....yeah because all the kids from LI are on age just like the top 2022 player.....
After some research That boy is older YES older than the Top 2022 player

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This should be taken off the tread no kid should be posted.

Why Instagram it's a public thread like this one. The kid's character mirrors the character of his parents—all the holding back for a sport that doesn't mount to a hill of beans.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can Someone rate these Showcase's from money grab to worth it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TOP SHOWCASE BY FAR INVITE ONLY MAVERICK ...... PAUL CARC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Showtime is not the only game in town any more. Juniors open main stage. Best in class , 5 star.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1%, BIC great invite only also.....stick to college prospect camps also....coaches wont be at these if Covid doesnt go away

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 5

1 Showtime
2 Best in class
3 1%
4 5 Star
5 Main Stage

Junior's is a rigged game for 91 LI and HAWKS kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One percent is completely rigged. The all star team was practically pre picked prior to the event. Directors are controlling the picks. Juniors open has nothing to do with 91.

Page 16 of 20 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard