BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 159 of 214 1 2 157 158 159 160 161 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recruiting dead period extended through January 1, essentially making Fall Ball a waste of time, and putting lots of big pressure on the girls to have a strong spring and summer.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Recruiting dead period extended through January 1, essentially making Fall Ball a waste of time, and putting lots of big pressure on the girls to have a strong spring and summer.

The beginning of your comment is "spot on", yes it has been extended, however your opinion is somewhat pessimistic. Have you considered that coaches will be watching the film that most tournaments are providing to them? Have you considered that players themselves are sending film? Players could also feel a propensity to play with more freedom and take more risks which might lead to a more creative approach to their game by learning new techniques. Just a thought that is a bit more uplifting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote] Players could also feel a propensity to play with more freedom and take more risks which might lead to a more creative approach to their game by learning new techniques.[/quote]

you mean like... GO TO GOAL..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the Girls threads shut down? Not one comment in the past week. Not that I'm complaining - I think everyone needed to take a breath.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote] Players could also feel a propensity to play with more freedom and take more risks which might lead to a more creative approach to their game by learning new techniques.

you mean like... GO TO GOAL..[/quote]

The single thing I detest most about girls lacrosse. Right there. Out in the open.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's with so many girls going down with leg injuries?? Just heard about two more serious injuries to top players this week. Makes you wonder in they are overtraining? A real shame!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's with so many girls going down with leg injuries?? Just heard about two more serious injuries to top players this week. Makes you wonder in they are overtraining? A real shame!

Yes Girls overtraining and parents overpaying. So sad!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Has absolutely nothing to do with it.
I’m sorry to hear that about the two girls. I wish them luck in their recovery and rehab.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Has absolutely nothing to do with it.
I’m sorry to hear that about the two girls. I wish them luck in their recovery and rehab.

Way more than two girls out injured! The rate of injury has dramatically increased over the past few years. Two new injuries this week, and it's not even the season, now these girls loose their season!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
go to any college girls lacrosse game. you will see gilrs wearing knee braces. female athletes are 80% more likely to sustain a ligament injury than a male in teh same sport. has to do with the anatomy of teh hip. my oldest is in the PT field and thi keeps her very busy. good news is that the science has improved so much that they cn all rebound great. my son had three of them and was his college MVP. he is a CPA now. it all works out for th kids who put grades first. good luck to all the girls.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With new travel restrictions, will teams from NY, NJ, CT, MA, etc be heading to tournaments in MD or allowing teams from farther south to come to tournaments in their states?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With new travel restrictions, will teams from NY, NJ, CT, MA, etc be heading to tournaments in MD or allowing teams from farther south to come to tournaments in their states?

Who’s gonna stop us?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Our team from the South was just disinvited from Lax for the Cure and Fall Face-off due to travel restrictions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who’s gonna stop us?

The tourneys themselves because they don't want to get into trouble and be liable and fined potentially as well. You will just be told not to come.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmm...wonder if that is why some name changes are occurring for LI teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right on! We played the Swarm team today @ PrimeTime and they were the Yellow Jackets. (Don’t know which team)
They also all wore different colored tshirts under their uni’s. Was this for visibility on film?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right on! We played the Swarm team today @ PrimeTime and they were the Yellow Jackets. (Don’t know which team)
They also all wore different colored tshirts under their uni’s. Was this for visibility on film?
Don’t understand the purpose of changing their name but yet still wearing the uniforms? Doesn’t make sense to me

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also mixed teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t understand the purpose of changing their name but yet still wearing the uniforms? Doesn’t make sense to me

No “Yellow Jacket” teams will travel this fall due to NYS restrictions and I’m sure attempting to avoid potential liability..... each player registered on their own, although the teams consisted of the usual players. The T-shirt thing was just random.. no hidden reason to it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They were there, they called themselves the Swarm to hide from Covid protocols

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What’s your issue with it as you mentioned them already. Surely your not monitoring this thread over some YJ team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What’s your issue with it as you mentioned them already. Surely your not monitoring this thread over some YJ team

I don't think anyone was hiding it. They had a ILWomens Instagram take over by a HS kid who played for YJ and traveled to MD. She posted for three days straight. I wouldn't put that in the plans if I was trying to be sneaky.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think anyone was hiding it. They had a ILWomens Instagram take over by a HS kid who played for YJ and traveled to MD. She posted for three days straight. I wouldn't put that in the plans if I was trying to be sneaky.

As was posted above the Yellow Jackets Organization did not register any "Teams" for the event.. each player registered as an individual and was placed on a team..As a business she did not send any teams there ... each player acted on their own..
it wasnt about being sneaky its about avoiding liability.. either from NYS oversight agency's/law enforcement or players who may get exposed to virus..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As was posted above the Yellow Jackets Organization did not register any "Teams" for the event.. each player registered as an individual and was placed on a team..As a business she did not send any teams there ... each player acted on their own..
it wasnt about being sneaky its about avoiding liability.. either from NYS oversight agency's/law enforcement or players who may get exposed to virus..

For travelers who were out-of-state for less than 24 hours:

The traveler does not need a test prior to their departure from the other state, and does not need to quarantine upon arrival in New York State.
However, the traveler must fill out our traveler form upon entry into New York State, and take a COVID diagnostic test 4 days after their arrival in New York.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well YJ or Swarm. same results as the 22 team went 2-0-1 only tying a strong M&D black team.
and looks like the public enemy #1 team Thorn went 3-0 beating M&D and MD United. That team must be a little better than the local yokels claim.
So moral of story is YJ, Yellowjackets, or Swarm... results are the Same!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
With the High School season possibly being at risk of not being played this year, showcases are so important. Anyone know of some good Winter Showcases to go to so we can get some film and get seen by the colleges?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LiLaxDad
With the High School season possibly being at risk of not being played this year, showcases are so important. Anyone know of some good Winter Showcases to go to so we can get some film and get seen by the colleges?

too soon dude...too soon..chill

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Don’t think it’s too soon. They asked a legitimate question about upcoming Winter Showcases. Check out the CB Laxers NY Showcase as it is local. May not be any spots left though but a good set of coaches will be there. Hope this helps.

Like Reply Quote
User
User
Originally Posted by MomOf6

Don’t think it’s too soon. They asked a legitimate question about upcoming Winter Showcases. Check out the CB Laxers NY Showcase as it is local. May not be any spots left though but a good set of coaches will be there. Hope this helps.

It’s never too soon to have a player participate in a showcase. Besides the exposure it gives them valuable experience playing with/against good players in a pressure situation. It helps them manage their emotions while “interviewing”. Any showcase participation will serve to help players.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
Originally Posted by MomOf6

It’s never too soon to have a player participate in a showcase. Besides the exposure it gives them valuable experience playing with/against good players in a pressure situation. It helps them manage their emotions while “interviewing”. Any showcase participation will serve to help players.

i think the too soon was meant for the HS season being cancelled...showcases are always a good idea anyway

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can I ask why showcases at $400-500 a pop are a value when you play the big tournaments in high brackets every summer? Did girls do this 8 years ago? If you play on LITG team or M&D do you need to do showcases?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can I ask why showcases at $400-500 a pop are a value when you play the big tournaments in high brackets every summer? Did girls do this 8 years ago? If you play on LITG team or M&D do you need to do showcases?

IMHO players do not need to go to a "showcase".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Showcases help some but are really just a money grab and the cost for what is offered is insanely high

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see the ESM parent/parents are going on social media to drum up votes for “ Preseason Player of the Year”.......sorta makes it a popularity contest no ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see the ESM parent/parents are going on social media to drum up votes for “ Preseason Player of the Year”.......sorta makes it a popularity contest no ?

Girls going to top 5 schools not even listed. Once again...YJ Bio fluff. Will see who the real players are Spring’22 when we see what freshman are playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I see the ESM parent/parents are going on social media to drum up votes for “ Preseason Player of the Year”.......sorta makes it a popularity contest no ?

Girls going to top 5 schools not even listed. Once again...YJ Bio fluff. Will see who the real players are Spring’22 when we see what freshman are playing.

Was that poll for seniors only?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very true, every year the large majority of the top players go to the same 10-15 programs and they Play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very true, every year the large majority of the top players go to the same 10-15 programs and they Play.

total popularity contest its so ridiculous

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FAN POLE, let it go!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FAN POLE, let it go!

The only Poll that really matters is the Poll that each college coach looks at... That would be the one that they look at to see where they have a player ranked on "their list". If you want to know where a player ranks among their peers just look at the caliber of schools that offer a "scholarship / spot" to the player. For the most part, the Top Tier Players receive offers from and choose to accept offers from Top Tier Programs. Approximately 25 - 30 players each year from Long Island are considered Top Tier by the coaches at the top college programs. Each year there are some players who get overlooked but for the most part the top players receive offers from the top programs (Top 20 caliber programs). In some cases, a top tier player will choose to accept an offer from a non traditional Top 20 program but that is the exception, not the rule.
Just remember, the "Experience" that this sport offers our daughters can be incredible wherever they play.

Like Reply Quote
Page 159 of 214 1 2 157 158 159 160 161 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard