BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 73 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 72 73
Re: Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no way in the current times that all these families are jumping ship from 91 to join a team (with 45 players which must be trimmed down to 24), pay double tuition for the possibly at a shot to go to the WSYL. There's no guarantee there will even be a WSYL. Something more is going going on with 91.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is Express doing a WSYL team for MD?

Someone keeps hinting at it on the boards, but there isn't anything on line about it. Can't imagine it draws enough interest to be a success down here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no way in the current times that all these families are jumping ship from 91 to join a team (with 45 players which must be trimmed down to 24), pay double tuition for the possibly at a shot to go to the WSYL. There's no guarantee there will even be a WSYL. Something more is going going on with 91.

All they have to do it cut it right down the middle and enter 2 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree , that age group specifically, but what about the kid driving 4 hrs to practice from Ct ? No good coaches in Ct , lol, or the best chance to win WSYL is at Express Long Express ..not the kids fault, parents cause the drama ..91 organization is fine , That 27 machine team is ridiculous, better then 2026 ..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s be honest we know who it is , the question is will his dad be coaching on the staff or just enjoying the games ..can’t blame the dad , kid is a stud , needs players around him ..why be last standing

You talking about the coach from St John’s ?

No. Coaches initials are JG.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree , that age group specifically, but what about the kid driving 4 hrs to practice from Ct ? No good coaches in Ct , lol, or the best chance to win WSYL is at Express Long Express ..not the kids fault, parents cause the drama ..91 organization is fine , That 27 machine team is ridiculous, better then 2026 ..

How many times is he actually doing that though? There is no minimum requirement for practices. Just 1 tournament and the qualifier makes you a "regular member" of the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard there is new kid being grown in a pod in Coach C's basement that is like Michael Jordan/Mike Tyson/Lebron/Gretzky/Tom Brady combined who will join the team in March, can't wait to see this kid play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No idea about the number of practices that kid goes to but what would prevent 91 Md and 91 tristate and 91 LI to merge for World Series...rules on the distance? Kid is coming from another state !!! Lol..we are loosing the reason we play these tournaments..it’s about building relationships, families and kids , going to BBQs together, the beach ..riding bikes etc ..not driving to a couple of practices and winning a t shirt ? Express Long Island ..that used to mean something..Long Island Lax ..how about have one on age team from LI , do tryouts..etc ..it would prevent all this nonsense.between clubs .IMHO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This happens all the time. 91 does it too These kids don’t drive 4 hours for practice 2x a week. They show up on game days and make an occasional appearance on practice. 91 has kids on their Long Island team from North Carolina

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No idea about the number of practices that kid goes to but what would prevent 91 Md and 91 tristate and 91 LI to merge for World Series...rules on the distance? Kid is coming from another state !!! Lol..we are loosing the reason we play these tournaments..it’s about building relationships, families and kids , going to BBQs together, the beach ..riding bikes etc ..not driving to a couple of practices and winning a t shirt ? Express Long Island ..that used to mean something..Long Island Lax ..how about have one on age team from LI , do tryouts..etc ..it would prevent all this nonsense.between clubs .IMHO

I agree. I think most people doo. It is club directors cashing in, and parents and kids hoping for the opportunity to play in the WSYL. They can show off all of the gear they get and say that they played 4 minutes during mop up duty vs the Seattle team that qualified.

Good point though. If you based the team out of Central Jersey, you could get 91 MD and 91 LI within the 100 mile radius. Shoot, Philadelphia too.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I stand by that comment, and your number 25 kid express dad is nothing more then getting a T shirt and riding the coattails of some stronger players.

The rest are the same as everyone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When this World Series thing started several years ago, it sounded great. It was cool in the beginning. Unfortunately look what it’s become. A train wreck. Not watching final game on July 4th on ESPN2. That looks neat. Quint the announcer, nice college field, great time. The train wreck part is what people do to try to get there. Insanity. Kids playing on 1 team in the fall, another team in the winter, a 3rd team in the spring. Hopefully 1 out of those 3 make it to finals. Kids bouncing mid season. Teams aren’t even teams. Kids with same jersey doesn’t make a team. Coaches are now leaving teams they coached for half the year to get their kids on those teams. Parents are driving from other states to hopefully get kids on one of those teams. Who does this? If I told my family my son is playing 7th grade basketball on a Philadelphia team, they would think I lost my mind. Coaches poaching other kids, screwing their own roster, without a care in the world. All the politics with the coaches and their kids. Parents cursing each other. Parents who were friends no longer friends because of club lax. This is what the WSYL has done to so many people on so many teams. My son loves it, that’s why I pay for this. Most kids don’t see the behind the scene stuff. I can’t wait for this to be over in a few years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When this World Series thing started several years ago, it sounded great. It was cool in the beginning. Unfortunately look what it’s become. A train wreck. Not watching final game on July 4th on ESPN2. That looks neat. Quint the announcer, nice college field, great time. The train wreck part is what people do to try to get there. Insanity. Kids playing on 1 team in the fall, another team in the winter, a 3rd team in the spring. Hopefully 1 out of those 3 make it to finals. Kids bouncing mid season. Teams aren’t even teams. Kids with same jersey doesn’t make a team. Coaches are now leaving teams they coached for half the year to get their kids on those teams. Parents are driving from other states to hopefully get kids on one of those teams. Who does this? If I told my family my son is playing 7th grade basketball on a Philadelphia team, they would think I lost my mind. Coaches poaching other kids, screwing their own roster, without a care in the world. All the politics with the coaches and their kids. Parents cursing each other. Parents who were friends no longer friends because of club lax. This is what the WSYL has done to so many people on so many teams. My son loves it, that’s why I pay for this. Most kids don’t see the behind the scene stuff. I can’t wait for this to be over in a few years.

It'll be around next year too. Do you think that after having the WSYL for 7th and 8th this year that they will not come back and do 7th and 8th grade again?? $mart money says YE$$$$$. The theme will either be repeat, or search every inch of that 100 mile radius to avenge the loss.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ya know what, I am going to take my kid to Express practice this week. And after it, CoachC will call me personally and blow smoke up my butt and tell me how “Bad he wants my kid to play on his team”!! ( because that’s what he does every time ). I am then going to screw all of the Coaches, all of the families that I have become friends with and go to Express. I will start to now pay my second $3,500 tuition for my 12 year old. But hey, Express has great uniforms and bumper stickers!! Screw everyone else. My kid is on Express now. Cant wait to help Coach C set up his tent and bring him water at half time. Wake up people. You all sound pathetic!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t be a hater , because coach C doesn’t want your kid lol..let’s be serious..if he did you would leave and go in a second..the only kids/coaches/ families being screwed are the parents and kids that paid 4 grand to play on a competitive AA team at 91 .and got a overpriced PAL team ..wake up people ask for a refund immediately..don’t pay 4 grand to watch daddy ball , watching that team get worse not better has to raise eyebrows..HE DOESNT WANT little johnie ..but he is safe at 91 ..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t be a hater , because coach C doesn’t want your kid lol..let’s be serious..if he did you would leave and go in a second..the only kids/coaches/ families being screwed are the parents and kids that paid 4 grand to play on a competitive AA team at 91 .and got a overpriced PAL team ..wake up people ask for a refund immediately..don’t pay 4 grand to watch daddy ball , watching that team get worse not better has to raise eyebrows..HE DOESNT WANT little johnie ..but he is safe at 91 ..

100% correct

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% correct

How cute. You quoted, and replied to your own post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reading people saying wake up well wake up is right express ship sailed long ago..Not. even top 3 in a few age groups. Express 2019, 20, 21,22,23, 24 all Maybe MC will put a team together for ws. He can't coach heck of a thief which is why he needs so much talent to win 40 players one team and stunads pay it. To be clear son plays on a non 91express club but this is club101

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t have a kid in this age group. Just wanted to let you know you are all losers. Doesn’t matter if your kid is on 91 or Express...the one constant is the lost parents. Happy holidays!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Twisted parents for sure. Like rock star groupies. The only difference here the rock star is the club lax coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t have a kid in this age group. Just wanted to let you know you are all losers. Doesn’t matter if your kid is on 91 or Express...the one constant is the lost parents. Happy holidays!!

You are on this board posting. You are a lost just like the rest of us !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question from a outsider...... why is coach C loved by so many? Why is coach C hated by just as many?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top sales man of the year award definitely goes to coach C! $4,000 x at least 75 2026 boys . How many A team kids will become B team kids soon enough. The sad part is he will only help about five kids get recruited down the road . Keep drinking the Kool Aid parents!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top sales man of the year award definitely goes to coach C! $4,000 x at least 75 2026 boys . How many A team kids will become B team kids soon enough. The sad part is he will only help about five kids get recruited down the road . Keep drinking the Kool Aid parents!

No. The B team kids will still be on the A team so the parents can tell their friends that their kid plays Express AA. And they will talk about how they travel to Maryland, Delaware, Massachusetts etc. to play lax every weekend. Their kid will never play a meaningful minute of lacrosse until junior year of HS. Then Coach C will tell the parents that he is splitting the team up into 2 recruiting teams. The top 7-8 kids will get recruited to D1.some D 2. And the rest will go D 3 with no athletic scholarship money. But the parents will brag that their kid plays college lacrosse
But the 7-8 D 1 kids are all not on the team yet. Each year he will add kids that he feels can go D1. Some of the really good ones will even get discounts to play for express so he can plaster their names and the commitments on his web site. While the other 28-35 kids make coach c $$$$$$. I don’t blame Coach C. He is making a killing. Supply and demand. There is a demand to play for express. Can’t fault him for making Money.
He is pretty honest in telling parents that their kid will not play. But parents think that if they practice they will get better. I’m not knocking them. To each their own, I just think it’s crazy. I feel there are better ways to go if your kid is going to play D3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Once you pay that 4k you have no choice but to love it..even if your kid hates it. Sad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Once you pay that 4k you have no choice but to love it..even if your kid hates it. Sad

You know nothing, no one has paid 4k and not one kid hates being on the team. Anyone can leave in good standing at any time, I know many that have. Some tough decisions will be made in the coming months, but the 25 that make the final roster will have earned it and should be proud of it. If you want to know how good your son is at lacrosse bring them to the tryout with the rest of us next summer. If you don't want to know, then keep speculating and reading misinformed comments on this board. Unless you have first hand knowledge, you don't have the right to be here spreading bs. The intent of this site is for us to share information, not discuss children and how far their parents drive to practice or why they made the decision to leave their team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 25 who make final roster earned it. Is that what you said. Answer this please. If 7 kids are added before tournament time and they take the place of 7 kids there from beginning of season, those 7 add ons earned it? Is that what your saying? Those original 7 families who get screwed because of these add ons, they deserve to get bounced off? You said something about sharing information. Please share this answer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 25 who make final roster earned it. Is that what you said. Answer this please. If 7 kids are added before tournament time and they take the place of 7 kids there from beginning of season, those 7 add ons earned it? Is that what your saying? Those original 7 families who get screwed because of these add ons, they deserve to get bounced off? You said something about sharing information. Please share this answer.

It's not 7 kids it's more like 3 and yes they earned it by being good enough players to be on the team, contacting the coach and getting a look. Express top team will upgrade any position at any time to improve that's just the way it is. In this instance they have until Feb since there is a roster deadline. Everyone should know where their kids stands on the team based on playing time and discussions with the coach if needed. Call him right now he will answer. Yes some won't go to the 3 tournaments that actually limit roster size and check age. And yes I'll be upset if my kid gets bumped but club lacrosse is ruthless especially at this level and we knew this going in. The man isn't perfect but he doesn't hide, doesn't play favorites, and will answer any question asked so I do respect him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Checkmate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Things in life could be ruthless. 12 year old boys playing lax. I don’t put that in the ruthless category. Your brain washed man.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not 7 kids it's more like 3 and yes they earned it by being good enough players to be on the team, contacting the coach and getting a look. Express top team will upgrade any position at any time to improve that's just the way it is. In this instance they have until Feb since there is a roster deadline. Everyone should know where their kids stands on the team based on playing time and discussions with the coach if needed. Call him right now he will answer. Yes some won't go to the 3 tournaments that actually limit roster size and check age. And yes I'll be upset if my kid gets bumped but club lacrosse is ruthless especially at this level and we knew this going in. The man isn't perfect but he doesn't hide, doesn't play favorites, and will answer any question asked so I do respect him.

This is insane. For what end?
Upgrading the bottom 3 roster spots! LOLZ
You guys who have bought into this bs, if you actually believe it, are absolutely crazy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer and Fall Awards

Best Team -
Most improved Team -
Biggest fall from grace -
Best Midfield -
Best Attack -
Best LSM -
Best Defense -
Best Goalie -
Best FO -

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Things in life could be ruthless. 12 year old boys playing lax. I don’t put that in the ruthless category. Your brain washed man.

Ruthless might be too strong a word, change it to ultra competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys who have bought into this bs, if you actually believe it, are absolutely crazy.

Easier to replace than coach up and improve the bottom of the roster

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was going with sad and degrading, but insane works.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tell BS to take his best 2027 machine players and have them play on 2026 I'm sure there are a few holdbacks anyway.....word of caution though , express 2026 embarrassed both teams 91 2026 and 91 2027 machine (when they decided to play up against a true 2026 A team)
Not sure the reinforcements would change the result .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed , I would add pathetic to the sad description. Driving hours for practices and games because your kid is a " stud " haha. Unreal. And to the parents who think everyone is a "hater" get a grip . Hope little johhnt gets the trophy your chasing . What ever happened to commitment and standing together as a team througj the ups and downs . Do you have a safe space in your house too just in case johnny doesn't like something he can go there ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree it’s no longer coaching. The term is poaching. Lol. I’ll go with the guy who coaches his butt off for the year. The guy who coaches his actual team. The kids get better. Sink or swim with your guys. That’s the coach I played for. That’s a coach I want for my boys. Not some behind the scene coaching staff, poaching All Stars from other teams, other states, in the middle of the year. That World Series trophy means zero winning it like that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 v express argument
2019 91
2020 91
2021 91
2022 91
2023 91
2024 91
2025 express
2026 express
2027 91
There really isn’t much of a debate 91 has much better teams And individual players top to bottom Chan is not a dense man and realizes he’s on the ropes Truth is many of his older teams used to be better but as kids get older and coaching becomes More important the express regress- Coach C good recruiter awful coach this is all factual which many on here aren’t used to

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It doesn’t like anyone on 91 feels the same. People started leaving team last year because coaches were just leaving their own kids on the field. You can’t be a team that way. Team is all players not just Coach’s or trainer’s kids. Nobody can win tournaments with 10 kids. The boys know it’s notIntelligent. That’s why some left last year didn’t come back. Some 2026 kids with friends on team don’t even want to play there. Wouldn’t even bother with tryouts. Loyalty to a team begins with Coach’s obligation to teach the whole team. If you take on a player you have to coach him. Not just your son. Field time is part of that. Leaving your own kid on the field to pump up his 12 year old stats while team is floundering for a win is ridiculous. Parents are taking kids to other teams because of this behavior. Not all are at Express.

Page 25 of 73 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard