BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Travel/Club Programs vs Nassau County PAL
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I am having my first conflict this weekend. I thought the Tournaments always started when school and PAL are over. Just venting.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Travel/Club Programs vs Nassau County PAL
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CoachingforFree
I am having my first conflict this weekend. I thought the Tournaments always started when school and PAL are over. Just venting.

The JDRF has always had a conflict with PAL that is why they incorporate the Massapequa PAL schedule into the benefit.

Then next weekend the PAL festival usually has conflicts with tournaments and alot of PAL teams are short handed at the festival.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
That explains what I'm dealing with thanks, the club kids are playing at Field of Dreams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Festival needs to go away!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

The JDRF has always had a conflict with PAL that is why they incorporate the Massapequa PAL schedule into the benefit.

Then next weekend the PAL festival usually has conflicts with tournaments and alot of PAL teams are short handed at the festival.

PAL will just not end the season earlier... They know the deal, they just hate the travel world. Could easily schedule Sat-Sunday games and end it sooner. Won't do it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Festival needs to go away!!!!

Agreed! A waste of time with small fields and short games!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Festival is a joke. Blackmailing teams into playing and often on their off days is not right. As the season winds down it gets harder and harder to fight off other sports and travel. Now they tell us our Festival games are Saturday and we bett not forfeit. Not right...

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I agree there is always a lot of confusion there, not worth the effort.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That explains what I'm dealing with thanks, the club kids are playing at Field of Dreams.

This should only be a problem with 7th/8th grade kids. All other younger age groups are playing JDRF on Saturday which should not interfere with PAL Sunday games.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Referee$ Fee$

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
P
phillax
Unregistered
phillax
Unregistered
P
suffolk pal ended 2 weeks ago. no conflict with summer teams. we started week before easter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t want to come down on Jim because he has done a great job with the PAL over the years, but he needs to change with the times. It’s no secret that he doesn’t like the “new” landscape of youth lacrosse on Long Island because it essentially put’s his PAL on the back burner. Kids play PAL to play with school buddies but go to these club teams to play with a team where everyone is almost on the same playing level and to play through the end of July. It will be interesting next year to see if PAL forces kids/parents to make a choice between PAL and club. What would you choose?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t want to come down on Jim because he has done a great job with the PAL over the years, but he needs to change with the times. It’s no secret that he doesn’t like the “new” landscape of youth lacrosse on Long Island because it essentially put’s his PAL on the back burner. Kids play PAL to play with school buddies but go to these club teams to play with a team where everyone is almost on the same playing level and to play through the end of July. It will be interesting next year to see if PAL forces kids/parents to make a choice between PAL and club. What would you choose?

I think most kids would choose club over PAL because a lot already do by choosing the OBLL over PAL.

It's very simple PAL should be finished before June. By June the school seasons are finished and so are suffolk PAL and the OBLL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jim is stepping down at the end of this year. It will be interesting to see who takes over and what direction PAL heads. NCPAL has done a fantastic job over the years and I am sure with a few tweaks they will continue to fulfill their mission of town lacrosse. Club, OBLL, etc, that's where the stars belong so let PAL survive for the rest of us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL is a joke. They want everyone to be equal, but treat the coaches like children and they can not do anything without permission. Gary is a joke of a ref and favors GC so much it's pathetic. They need new leadership and younger people to run it. Maybe kids and parents would be into more

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL is a joke. They want everyone to be equal, but treat the coaches like children and they can not do anything without permission. Gary is a joke of a ref and favors GC so much it's pathetic. They need new leadership and younger people to run it. Maybe kids and parents would be into more

PAL a joke?..... Hundreds of girls learning a game from 2 nd grade -8 th grade in a structured environment with life lessons learned is no joke.

Everyone equal?....... Yes, this is a league for the development of the sport and the child as a team not win at all cost.

Coaches treated like children?.......because the act like children.

Gary a joke?....... The man puts more time into this league in one month than you do in the whole year.

Favors GC?....... Maybe true I have never had him ref a game against GC . Maybe he should avoid GC games.

Need new leadership?.......if you had it your way you would come in and take over to make things better for who ? PAL was put together to make lacrosse a strong sports option for ALL youth girls on Long Island . If you think you could help the league grow please pick up the phone and call Gary or Jim and offer your services they are always looking for help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PAL a joke?..... Hundreds of girls learning a game from 2 nd grade -8 th grade in a structured environment with life lessons learned is no joke.

Everyone equal?....... Yes, this is a league for the development of the sport and the child as a team not win at all cost.

Coaches treated like children?.......because the act like children.

Gary a joke?....... The man puts more time into this league in one month than you do in the whole year.

Favors GC?....... Maybe true I have never had him ref a game against GC . Maybe he should avoid GC games.

Need new leadership?.......if you had it your way you would come in and take over to make things better for who ? PAL was put together to make lacrosse a strong sports option for ALL youth girls on Long Island . If you think you could help the league grow please pick up the phone and call Gary or Jim and offer your services they are always looking for help.

Not true! They don't want any help with any decisions!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I started this thread about how my PAL 8th Grade Boys Team will be missing players due to a Travel/Club Tournament this weekend. I think that everyone needs to just get on the same page and not double book the weekend. The kids will always go where their parents have spent the most money (Travel Soccer proves this over and over) so PAL will lose out every time. Bottom line is most kids want to play both (Club/PAL) but can not be in two places at the same time...

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Problem solved....just got an email from my PAL Director..PAL has just cancelled all games for 7th and 8th Grade division at the Jamboree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They should cancel 6th grade also and since half the kids are in Ocean City MD with their travel teams..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Half? What other team beside #'s.
They should cancel 6th grade also and since half the kids are in Ocean City MD with their travel teams..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jim is stepping down at the end of this year. It will be interesting to see who takes over and what direction PAL heads. NCPAL has done a fantastic job over the years and I am sure with a few tweaks they will continue to fulfill their mission of town lacrosse. Club, OBLL, etc, that's where the stars belong so let PAL survive for the rest of us.

With that being said: NCPAL should adopt the USLacrosse rules of 'age specific' divisions and move away from 'grade specific' - doing it by grade there can be close to a two year swing in age right now (ie: one kid gets 'left back' DOB 12/3/05 and another DOB 11/29/07) - they can both be in the 'same grade' - In MS and HS this is fine b/c the physical maturity is there - but as a youth.....this is unacceptable - the younger kid can get seriously hurt - And this league is supposed to be about 'SAFETY' ---- Not this way -- It is time to move on and think of the kids well being.....and not how it 'used to be' - Note: they say they go by age limits as well - but there are 'left backs' all over the league b/c the higher ups 'approve' by grade and not by age - I know of 5 situations myself - please do something before some kid gets maimed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With that being said: NCPAL should adopt the USLacrosse rules of 'age specific' divisions and move away from 'grade specific' - doing it by grade there can be close to a two year swing in age right now (ie: one kid gets 'left back' DOB 12/3/05 and another DOB 11/29/07) - they can both be in the 'same grade' - In MS and HS this is fine b/c the physical maturity is there - but as a youth.....this is unacceptable - the younger kid can get seriously hurt - And this league is supposed to be about 'SAFETY' ---- Not this way -- It is time to move on and think of the kids well being.....and not how it 'used to be' - Note: they say they go by age limits as well - but there are 'left backs' all over the league b/c the higher ups 'approve' by grade and not by age - I know of 5 situations myself - please do something before some kid gets maimed

I agree. It's not just the kids that get left back, there are more and more kids starting school a year late these days to gain a competitive edge later on. It's getting so crazy that there are August birthdays now being held back a year by there parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. It's not just the kids that get left back, there are more and more kids starting school a year late these days to gain a competitive edge later on. It's getting so crazy that there are August birthdays now being held back a year by there parents.

Same argument for club. Everything needs to be age specific with birth certificate backing. The cheating, holding back, and everything else goes away. In soccer, you get caught playing down and you're done! Only people who don't want this are the cheaters and manipulators, plain and simple. My kid is a big early grower, if we held him back it would be so un-fair to the kids a foot smaller than him. Oh, and then he's a superstar for beating up on smaller, younger, kids? I don't think so.... BTW this topic has been discussed way too many times on various threads. I will not post again on it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you really want to do something about it you must speak with your PAL Director from your town. Have he or she write up a proposal to be presented at the next NCPAL board meeting and NCPAL will have to put it to a vote.

Same argument for club. Everything needs to be age specific with birth certificate backing. The cheating, holding back, and everything else goes away. In soccer, you get caught playing down and you're done! Only people who don't want this are the cheaters and manipulators, plain and simple. My kid is a big early grower, if we held him back it would be so un-fair to the kids a foot smaller than him. Oh, and then he's a superstar for beating up on smaller, younger, kids? I don't think so.... BTW this topic has been discussed way too many times on various threads. I will not post again on it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like the only LI teams are the Team 91 6th grade teams - so no, not 1/2 the kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh I guess the world revolves around 91 .

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard