BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 73 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 72 73
Re: Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don’t care how good the lacrosse team is. Who in their right mind would want to have their child in an environment like this? Coaches, directors and now a lot of parents have lost their minds. Like robotic zombies. My son loves lax, that’s why he does it. I can’t wait for him to be done with club lax. These kids don’t see the back stabbing, low life garbage going on behind the scenes. Times have changed man. I played sports as a youth, HS and college. Thankfully my parents weren’t like this, this was unheard of.

It is more about promoting the brand than the kids. They aren't putting 2 teams in the WS to try and qualify both. They know that the B team wont go far. They are having the second team to have a place to send the regular Express kids that they have replaced with kids from Upstate, 91 and Connecticut. Will be interesting when a kid(s) that has been playing on the team for years gets bumped to the B team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds a thought your a little worried about your kid and your kids playing time ..sounds as though your protecting your kid .it’s understandable, that’s why they have B teams ..the team can improve and add better players but your worried about chemistry hmmmmmm ok lol..

Don't even have a kid on the team so relax guy , you're wrong ..as I said before I have older kids and have seen how this plays out . Teach your kid to make commitments to a team and to stick with that team not run away when things get difficult . All for a trophy. You're a sick puppy and I feel bad for your kid , your really teaching him to be a whimp rather than to honor commitments .

I will choose to teach my son LOYALTY, PRIDE, COMMITMENT and HONOR every time. That is what youth sports used to be about! Unfortunately certain parents and certain coaches have lost their way!!! There are still great Coaches out there. Coaches that I consider role models!! I will stick with that team any day. Enjoy your trophy Dad and Junior!! I dont want to hang out under the tent with either one of you guys anyway!!! And most of the times Mom has a big mouth too. Grow up!!!

Seems as if Express will have plenty rooting against them in July.

As if that is something new? Everyone roots against Express don't they?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh wow . I know exactly who you're talking about with the coach/kid from 91 going to express . It's a shame because express usually tries to stay away from the " toxic parent " yet here they go taking one in from 91. Good luck with that.
Making decisions about your child can be agonizing. Many things must be considered: Winning a trophy is NOT one of them. You calling these parents “toxic” because you don’t agree with their decision is ridiculous. You should be ashamed.

Know your facts fool. I called the parent toxic because that is the reputation that follows him not because of their decision . Your the one who should be ashamed that you can't read and follow what someone is saying .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh wow . I know exactly who you're talking about with the coach/kid from 91 going to express . It's a shame because express usually tries to stay away from the " toxic parent " yet here they go taking one in from 91. Good luck with that.

Quick question. If so many 91 kids are jumping ship for express (including a coach) what’s going on at 91? 91 parents? Before all the defections 91 had a really good team. I find it hard to believe they are all jumping ship just for the sake of a World Series title (if they win)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually , express was not being rooted against. As a matter of fact many people on here were giving them their proper respect calling them dominant etc.....and they are . The conversation was about someone coming on here and saying " another 4 team 91 helmets at express practice last night ". Since the team became dominant and it was apparent in early fall kids have been coming in from every direction to join the team instead of staying with the team they actually tried out for and joined . People driving literally hours and from out of state just to be a part of the team that beat their team . Ridiculous

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quick question. If so many 91 kids are jumping ship for express (including a coach) what’s going on at 91? 91 parents? Before all the defections 91 had a really good team. I find it hard to believe they are all jumping ship just for the sake of a World Series title (if they win)

I know it's hard to believe but it's the gods honest truth . The wsyl is making people even crazier than they were before this year . It's 100% for the world series . Not only are there kids from 91 but from upstate and connecticut too . Why would someone drive 3 hours to practice ? All for the chance at a medal around their neck . Insanity . Just when you thought you heard it all come on here and you will be dumbfounded by what you hear people are doing .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks will beat Express easy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your roster spot is not safe with Express and that’s a fact . Plenty of nervous A team parents on this forum . All top B team kids should definitely jump ship before the spring season in my opinion. Express B = false hope and empty promises by the organization.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This Connecticut thing should not even be allowed ? How or why would someone not play for Prime Time , Eclipse , Express North , 2 way ??? Am i missing something

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really don’t think people / kids / parents care about the WSYL , it’s about development and coaching, playing more competitive lacrosse makes kids better, competitive practices, competitive tournaments week in and out , coaches that say and make the difficult decisions , 91 has done it to express in certain age groups..this is nothing new , It you sleep better at night with your buddy coaching your kid and he gets to start or play more or make the team that’s awesome..don’t blame a kid for pushing and wanting more ...my kid has been on same team for 4 years and i tell him every practice and game is a tryout ..just like life .nothing guaranteed

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really don’t think people / kids / parents care about the WSYL , it’s about development and coaching, playing more competitive lacrosse makes kids better, competitive practices, competitive tournaments week in and out , coaches that say and make the difficult decisions , 91 has done it to express in certain age groups..this is nothing new , It you sleep better at night with your buddy coaching your kid and he gets to start or play more or make the team that’s awesome..don’t blame a kid for pushing and wanting more ...my kid has been on same team for 4 years and i tell him every practice and game is a tryout ..just like life .nothing guaranteed

I agree with you to an extent ....but go tell the clubs not to charge money for tryouts and make a roster and that you'll come in the middle of the season then and save yourself $100 if you think every practive should be a tryout . Of course if a kid is being outplayed within his own team he shouldn't start and may not play , we all already know that . But to hold tryout for over 80 kids then make a AA roster to then have 3-4 kids pop up at every practice is ridiculous. No one you ask would agree thats normal . Make a roster and coach the team to get stronger . You can't have it both ways ....say a team is dominant then have new kids trickle in each week . If the team is dominant as they were in early fall then you don't need these new kids end of story

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So don't have a tryout then . Let every practice be a free for all tryout .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This Connecticut thing should not even be allowed ? How or why would someone not play for Prime Time , Eclipse , Express North , 2 way ??? Am i missing something

Agreed ....no idea why anyone would do that especially with driving right past the teams you just mentioned. Get a life or better yet let your kid have a life rather than spending hours upon hours in a car when there are many options closer to you .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your roster spot is not safe with Express and that’s a fact . Plenty of nervous A team parents on this forum . All top B team kids should definitely jump ship before the spring season in my opinion. Express B = false hope and empty promises by the organization.

B team parent. No false hope here. My son and I are happy as are many of the other parents I speak to. Believe me, we know how good the A team is and are not promised that my son will be on the A team. My son goes out and plays hard and that's all he cares about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because Express routinely beats the teams you mentioned and they want to be apart of the best. It means that much to them. I don't fault them. If they want to make the drive so be it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dominant? This the same team that lost to Sweetlax and Laxachusetts and prime time ? Late summer / fall ..hmmmm ok

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is great! Express is blowing up on the inside. Coaches recruiting and bringing in new kids. Unhappy parents. Parents calling other parents and coaches out. Sounds like a great program for $4k

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dominant? This the same team that lost to Sweetlax and Laxachusetts and prime time ? Late summer / fall ..hmmmm ok

Get a clue ...that was summer l at the end of the summer there was something called tryouts .A few new players were the result of that thing called a tryout and there was also a coaching change . In what’s called a new season that began in the fall they blew out prime time , they blew out the tigers , and hey went 2-0 against sweetlax. Take your sun hat and flip flops off you’re not in summer anymore . Even the parents/kids of both sweeetlax and the tigers noticed the difference and how the team was playing .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is great! Express is blowing up on the inside. Coaches recruiting and bringing in new kids. Unhappy parents. Parents calling other parents and coaches out. Sounds like a great program for $4k

Express ain’t blowing up. Great kids and families. We welcomed the 91 kids and families and they couldn’t have been more grateful. They know they could’ve easily been treated as outsiders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice try 91 dad ...your 4 grand is better spent on getting embarrassed every weekend and kids and coaches running off a sinking ship !! That sounds like a blast lol..kids look like they are enjoying your investment..4 grand for Low level B team wow! Keep waiting it will get better hahahaha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

unless your kid is in top 5 players in the country, your spot in Express lineup is never safe. The roster spot is fine, because they continue bringing up to 40 kids onto the team. But play time is a whole other discussion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s see how welcoming some of those parents will be, come tournament season, when these winter add ons replace kids there from start of the season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly 91 dad worry about your 2027 team being better then your 26 team ..you should be worried about tournament season..not Express..they don’t have a B bracket at NLF ..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I played competitive sports from 5 to 22 years old. I was a really good athlete and loved sports. I played 3 sports a year up to college. College 1 sport. In those 17 years, football, basketball, baseball. That comes out to around 50 seasons of sports. Never once did I leave a team in the middle of the year and go to another team. My parents never would have allowed that anyway. How do parents do this today like it’s normal? If your unhappy, season ends, leave. It’s called life. It’s called not being a quitter. It’s called not screwing the team you are part of. It’s called not screwing the kids on team your going to. This July tournament has turned people into crazy lunatics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I played competitive sports from 5 to 22 years old. I was a really good athlete and loved sports. I played 3 sports a year up to college. College 1 sport. In those 17 years, football, basketball, baseball. That comes out to around 50 seasons of sports. Never once did I leave a team in the middle of the year and go to another team. My parents never would have allowed that anyway. How do parents do this today like it’s normal? If your unhappy, season ends, leave. It’s called life. It’s called not being a quitter. It’s called not screwing the team you are part of. It’s called not screwing the kids on team your going to. This July tournament has turned people into crazy lunatics.

I agree with this. However it goes both ways. My only counter argument is your parents weren’t paying 4K for travel lax back then. These teams show no loyalty to any of these kids. You can be with these teams for years and then one day your gone.
It seems a little hypocritical to bash parents and kids when teams show zero loyalty to these kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like you should be having a conversation with your coach , if you haven’t already? Should be texting or calling your coach and directors with your strong opinions of quitters instead of spending your day on back of the cage complaining..you obviously haven’t been around club lacrosse for too long ..it’s just the beginning, voice your complaints to the new additions and families and your coach , maybe by sharing your thoughts on your life experiences in sports will help these families that screwed everyone ..IMHO ..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congrats on your 50+ seasons. Tons of participation trophies. Rosters should be set in August / September. When clubs keep bringing and recruiting players throughout the season, it screws the kids who tried out and made the team. So, then a chain reaction of try-out players leaving.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get a clue ...that was summer l at the end of the summer there was something called tryouts .A few new players were the result of that thing called a tryout and there was also a coaching change . In what’s called a new season that began in the fall they blew out prime time , they blew out the tigers , and hey went 2-0 against sweetlax. Take your sun hat and flip flops off you’re not in summer anymore . Even the parents/kids of both sweeetlax and the tigers noticed the difference and how the team was playing .

SL and Tigers will both crunch Express along with Hawks, BBL and Prime Time and Towermen. From what I can tell Sweet Lax lost by a goal in the last game and beat express all the times before, Hawks, Tigers, Prime Time and BBL have crushed express the last 3 years, FCA beat Express this summer and the Towermen are a head above all these teams mentioned.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SL and Tigers will both crunch Express along with Hawks, BBL and Prime Time and Towermen. From what I can tell Sweet Lax lost by a goal in the last game and beat express all the times before, Hawks, Tigers, Prime Time and BBL have crushed express the last 3 years, FCA beat Express this summer and the Towermen are a head above all these teams mentioned.

Wrong, wrong and wrong again. Like I said go take the sunblock off it’s not summer anymore . Express did not lose a single game in the fall and most were by blowout . Beat sweetlax twice in the fall for 2-0 record . Beat the tigers 10-1, that’s not a typo. Destroyed BBL and prime time . You seem to be stuck in the summer . Wait until the scores are posted in the fall rankings and perhaps then you will understand, or .....maybe not since you’re having a very hard time understanding that we’re not in summer anymore

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong, wrong and wrong again. Like I said go take the sunblock off it’s not summer anymore . Express did not lose a single game in the fall and most were by blowout . Beat sweetlax twice in the fall for 2-0 record . Beat the tigers 10-1, that’s not a typo. Destroyed BBL and prime time . You seem to be stuck in the summer . Wait until the scores are posted in the fall rankings and perhaps then you will understand, or .....maybe not since you’re having a very hard time understanding that we’re not in summer anymore

Whats funny is all the people complaining about CoachC bringing in all the "new" kids after your dominant fall. If Express was so dominant what's the need to bring in more kids? Things that make you go Hmmmmmmm?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Common with these questions. Why you ask? Ok, simple ground ball answer. Reason 1, they want to be more dominant. Reason 2, this is the more important one, it’s more money. More kids equal more money to the business. It’s incredible people still can’t grasp this. For example, if you owned a car dealership and it sold 400 cars a month, but you could sell 410 per month. What would your choice be? Do you say I’m rich enough I’m good with 400? Probably not. It’s business. Club lax is business.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL + Long Island Lax = Pure entertainment. You better win it all Express or you look like huge chumps

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Coach’s kid will never see the time he saw at 91. Daddy never took him out. Express has better attack men already in lineup. Just a matter of time before toxic Dad realizes he can’t tell CoachC who he has to play. Bad Move all the way around. IMHO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to the matter that the 91 “toxic” coach created the whole mess and stir up over there and then just jumped off his own sinking ship? Great job!! Be careful what you bring in Express. Team players win championships. Not individuals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is correct. 91 will be better off with out him. Hope he doesn’t have negative effect on Expess. Team is great. Never hear of a coaching complaint from Express parents. Seem very happy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SL and Tigers will both crunch Express along with Hawks, BBL and Prime Time and Towermen. From what I can tell Sweet Lax lost by a goal in the last game and beat express all the times before, Hawks, Tigers, Prime Time and BBL have crushed express the last 3 years, FCA beat Express this summer and the Towermen are a head above all these teams mentioned.[/quote]

Wrong, wrong and wrong again. Like I said go take the sunblock off it’s not summer anymore . Express did not lose a single game in the fall and most were by blowout . Beat sweetlax twice in the fall for 2-0 record . Beat the tigers 10-1, that’s not a typo. Destroyed BBL and prime time . You seem to be stuck in the summer . Wait until the scores are posted in the fall rankings and perhaps then you will understand, or .....maybe not since you’re having a very hard time understanding that we’re not in summer anymore[/quote]

Teams above didnt have there best kids at these fall tournaments as they are playing football.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is correct. 91 will be better off with out him. Hope he doesn’t have negative effect on Expess. Team is great. Never hear of a coaching complaint from Express parents. Seem very happy.

He won’t be coaching at express. They don’t believe in daddy ball like 91

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong, wrong and wrong again. Like I said go take the sunblock off it’s not summer anymore . Express did not lose a single game in the fall and most were by blowout . Beat sweetlax twice in the fall for 2-0 in record . Beat the tigers 10-1, that’s not a typo. Destroyed BBL and prime time . You seem to be stuck in the summer . Wait until the scores are posted in the fall rankings and perhaps then you will understand, or .....maybe not since you’re having a very hard time understanding that we’re not in summer anymore[/quote]

Teams above didnt have there best kids at these fall tournaments as they are playing football.[/quote]

Ahh yes. Of course they didn’t. No one here has ever heard that excuse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG. Substations at attack?! Maybe I should’ve took lil’Johnny to TB! LOL

Page 23 of 73 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard