BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 94 of 313 1 2 92 93 94 95 96 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it just me or is the talent level a little lackluster at the five star event?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you.
I love this post!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winners focus on winning. Haters focus on winners.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just off I-97, amidst cornfields planted between the Anne Arundel County Landfill and Glen Burnie, is a playing field destined to become legendary in our sport. You know Homewood Field, Norris Field, etc. Well, get ready to add Whittles Field to this list. A group of young men and their dads and some paid consultants are joining forces to make history on this field! (Note: Some of these young men were specifically ASKED to join the program. Sorry/Not sorry if your son was not asked to join.) Snowflakes stand aside. There is a new sheriff in town and he is wearing black and red and is ready to add AT LEAST an A conference playoff appearance to his trophy case of B Conference championships. It is Cav time!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just off I-97, amidst cornfields planted between the Anne Arundel County Landfill and Glen Burnie, is a playing field destined to become legendary in our sport. You know Homewood Field, Norris Field, etc. Well, get ready to add Whittles Field to this list. A group of young men and their dads and some paid consultants are joining forces to make history on this field! (Note: Some of these young men were specifically ASKED to join the program. Sorry/Not sorry if your son was not asked to join.) Snowflakes stand aside. There is a new sheriff in town and he is wearing black and red and is ready to add AT LEAST an A conference playoff appearance to his trophy case of B Conference championships. It is Cav time!

Spalding is a bunch of kids and will never be anything other than that, so I really don’t think anyone understands what you’re trying to say. Remind us all of the last time they went positive in conference or made the playoffs to show how much winning you do over in Severn.

Last edited by The Hop; . Reason: Immature name calling
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Finally a voice of reason among the voices of parents whose son didnt get the call, got cut or girlfriend was taken by a Spalding Lacrosse player.

Big year is a brewing.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it just me or is the talent level a little lackluster at the five star event?

Decent talent , but just another money grab. Too many of these type of events now, Diluted talent along with the obvious money grab.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Decent talent , but just another money grab. Too many of these type of events now, Diluted talent along with the obvious money grab.

23 class is not the 22 class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Finally a voice of reason among the voices of parents whose son didnt get the call, got cut or girlfriend was taken by a Spalding Lacrosse player.

Big year is a brewing.

Hysterical

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big year is a brewing.

Hysterical

You guys still wasting time on a HS team that has no history of winning? If we are gonna stay in Anne Arundel let’s talk about Severna Park or STM. At least they win championships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big year is a brewing.

Hysterical

You guys still wasting time on a HS team that has no history of winning? If we are gonna stay in Anne Arundel let’s talk about Severna Park or STM. At least they win championships.

They do,,,but it is time for another team to join the ranks of the Champions from AA

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big year is a brewing.

Hysterical

They do,,,but it is time for another team to join the ranks of the Champions from AA

To join “the ranks of Champions” the team has to make the playoffs first. Has Spalding ever even done that? Not in recent memory at least. Slow your roll there lids, your goals are insane. Spalding should be worried about trying to go positive in conference and make the playoffs, not about the championship. Act like you’ve been there before(oh I forgot you haven’t).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

23 class is not the 22 class.

Yet a LARGE % of the kids there in the 23 class should be 2022's !!!!!

Like Reply Quote
User
User

Spalding is a bunch of losers and will never be anything other than that, so I really don’t think anyone understands what you’re trying to say. Remind us all of the last time they went positive in conference or made the playoffs to show how much winning you jabronis do over in Severn.

Real classy. We can see where the kids get it from.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What has happen to Severn School Lacrosse. Constantly losing to public schools. Not many wins in the MIAA A. Is it time to move down to the B division?

What is your definition of "constantly" losing to publics? Losing to two of the best public schools in the state, in Severna Park and Broadneck in one down year, by one goal each? Did Spalding also not lose to Broadneck? That's not constantly losing to publics and even if it was they are both top 5 public schools in the state and are better than MSJ and JC. Stop trying to start stuff with awful takes with no base to deflect Spalding.

Didn't Spalding lose to JC the past 2 years? At least once at home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

Spalding is a bunch of losers and will never be anything other than that, so I really don’t think anyone understands what you’re trying to say. Remind us all of the last time they went positive in conference or made the playoffs to show how much winning you jabronis do over in Severn.

After reading this board it’s obvious where all the Spalding lacrosse players get their inflated egos from

Like Reply Quote
User
User

After reading this board it’s obvious where all the Spalding lacrosse players get their inflated egos from

Actually the posters attacking Spalding seem to be the immature unhinged ones. Just an observation....

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
winners focus on winning. Haters focus on winners.

Easy there Big Girl ! You will be regretting those words this season as Spalding storms thru the MIAA .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Put a Lid on it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severn makes the playoffs - Spalding doesn’t. MSJ, JC and Spalding belong in the B Division. Everyone else should play each other twice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severn makes the playoffs - Spalding doesn’t. MSJ, JC and Spalding belong in the B Division. Everyone else should play each other twice.

I like Severn's team as they have some outstanding 23s and 24s. But they are too young and not deep enough to compete this year. As much as it will bother some of you, Spalding will absolutely make the playoffs. They might even win a game in the playoff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The talent was actually really good at 5 star. That doesn't mean that every top player was there. It looked like many of the NY guys decided to stay home but all of the top MD talent was there. It did not, however, produce great play. It was definitely a money grab and the kids knew it. They went through the motions and it looked like they could not wait to leave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MAN!! Thread took a terrible turn for the worst. Calling young men losers,overrated and inflated egos is pretty harsh coming from a parent or even another player on this forum.There is so many positive things happening in this area with some of the best talent in decades across the board in all Public and Private schools.If even if a little bit of the talk on hear about Spalding is true then the entire coaching staff, athletic Department and boosters look really bad at best if not flat out discraful in attempts to win a lacrosse game.It cetainly is not the fault of the players or their ablitities on the field.Certainly alot to complain about at all schools but much more positive news to discuss than to bash players simply because they go to a team that you dislike.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The number one class of 2022 recruit is transferring to Calvert Hall. The rich get richer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The number one class of 2022 recruit is transferring to Calvert Hall. The rich get richer.

Isn't Coach K running out of rooms in his basement yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't Coach K running out of rooms in his basement yet?

Nope.. Still room on the bench for more players. 17 players get playing time,,,The rest, get to watch and cheer !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope. Going to spalding if they don’t have a season in NY. Wants to play at a school with rich lacrosse history.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is there so much detest for Spalding? I mean isn't part of building a program recruiting players, coaches and building up facilities and booster funds? They seem to be doing a good job of that. Or are all of you Baltimore prep school cronies who still roll around wearing your alumni gear 30 years after you graduated and need to beg your parents to help pay your kids tuition feeling a little threatened? Spalding has one of the best football, soccer, and baseball programs in the region. Their basketball team was once the best in the area and is head back in that direction. Their girls sports are all ranked in the top 10. So why couldn't they do the same with lacrosse? Unless you live in Towson, Baltimore or along the 83 corridor all of the "traditional" schools are a pain to get to. The school is perfectly located for people in the Annapolis, HoCo, PG and South/West and East Baltimore. From a facilities, athletics, education and cost perspective, Spalding is equal to Calvert Hall, JC and Loyola. So why so much grief?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is there so much detest for Spalding? I mean isn't part of building a program recruiting players, coaches and building up facilities and booster funds? They seem to be doing a good job of that. Or are all of you Baltimore prep school cronies who still roll around wearing your alumni gear 30 years after you graduated and need to beg your parents to help pay your kids tuition feeling a little threatened? Spalding has one of the best football, soccer, and baseball programs in the region. Their basketball team was once the best in the area and is head back in that direction. Their girls sports are all ranked in the top 10. So why couldn't they do the same with lacrosse? Unless you live in Towson, Baltimore or along the 83 corridor all of the "traditional" schools are a pain to get to. The school is perfectly located for people in the Annapolis, HoCo, PG and South/West and East Baltimore. From a facilities, athletics, education and cost perspective, Spalding is equal to Calvert Hall, JC and Loyola. So why so much grief?

It is just a few parents whose child didnt get the call to go to Spalding . They are jealous and envious what is going on at Spalding. Dont pay to much attention to these malcontents, Time has passed them by long ago and now they see it passing their children by. Instead of moaning and groaning about Spalding, they should just find a High School with less talent and enroll their son there. Simple solution. It is not like anyone is making a living off lacrosse except the Club Directors

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope. Going to spalding if they don’t have a season in NY. Wants to play at a school with rich lacrosse history.

Exactly ! He knows where winners go !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is just a few parents whose child didnt get the call to go to Spalding . They are jealous and envious what is going on at Spalding. Dont pay to much attention to these malcontents, Time has passed them by long ago and now they see it passing their children by. Instead of moaning and groaning about Spalding, they should just find a High School with less talent and enroll their son there. Simple solution. It is not like anyone is making a living off lacrosse except the Club Directors

People detest Spalding because Lids and company have been on here for years acting like their kids are God’s gift to youth lacrosse. That has transitioned into them saying Spalding will win the championship for the past couple years and all of us have seen how that has worked out. No one is jealous of anything or anyone to do with Spalding. People(Lids and Spalding dads) who say “your son wasn’t good enough to play for Spalding” are just pissed their son goes to a bottom of the barrel MIAA team and weren’t recruited by schools like Calvert Hall, BL, or McDonogh. Everyone who made the roster of an MIAA team besides MSJ and JC would make Spalding’s team. That’s a fact. No one is jealous of you, please get over yourselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spaulding is more similar to JC in terms of cost, facilities and education plus both are co-ed. Calvert Hall and Loyola are far superior in terms of academics and facilities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spaulding is more similar to JC in terms of cost, facilities and education plus both are co-ed. Calvert Hall and Loyola are far superior in terms of academics and facilities.
You are crazy to think Calvert Hall or Loyola are "far Superior". Go back and ask your grandparents for tuition assistance, so you can still walk around with your quarter zip on. Calvert Hall is a well rounded school with kids from all over the city and Baltimore County. They have good sports but their demographic and is on par with Spalding and JC. Loyola is the same minus the fact that they stink in sports (minus lacrosse) and their parents need to beg the grandparents to help out with the extra 5k in tuition. They try to play up that they are so much better than other schools but really they are a much lesser tier and trying to pretend they are McDonough or Gilman.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are crazy to think Calvert Hall or Loyola are "far Superior". Go back and ask your grandparents for tuition assistance, so you can still walk around with your quarter zip on. Calvert Hall is a well rounded school with kids from all over the city and Baltimore County. They have good sports but their demographic and is on par with Spalding and JC. Loyola is the same minus the fact that they stink in sports (minus lacrosse) and their parents need to beg the grandparents to help out with the extra 5k in tuition. They try to play up that they are so much better than other schools but really they are a much lesser tier and trying to pretend they are McDonough or Gilman.

So says who? Everyone knows that MCD is speeled with no U and lots of strivey, new money there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what school can get the best education in the miaa A B or C conference?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AACPS > Spalding

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People detest Spalding because Lids and company have been on here for years acting like their kids are God’s gift to youth lacrosse. That has transitioned into them saying Spalding will win the championship for the past couple years and all of us have seen how that has worked out. No one is jealous of anything or anyone to do with Spalding. People(Lids and Spalding dads) who say “your son wasn’t good enough to play for Spalding” are just pissed their son goes to a bottom of the barrel MIAA team and weren’t recruited by schools like Calvert Hall, BL, or McDonogh. Everyone who made the roster of an MIAA team besides MSJ and JC would make Spalding’s team. That’s a fact. No one is jealous of you, please get over yourselves.

Speak for yourself. I am jealous of their 5-7 season wins. stinks having to make the playoffs every year. My son has to play so many extra games every year. Exhausting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So says who? Everyone knows that MCD is speeled with no U and lots of strivey, new money there.
Just like spelled is spelt with 2 ll's and not 2 e's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny the agruement about better school - I guess no one sees that kids from every single MIAA school gets into a college- lax bros even get recruited to top tier D1 programs. I does not matter if you go to Gilman or Loyola! I send my kid to a MIAA school but I certainly would not brag about it when his friends who play Public are all geting recruited by the same colleges. Westminister,Severana Park,Kent Island and even little old Catonsville High -
High School, selection should come down to Location,Budget,Convienance and then Sport. Parents who drive kid from Eastern Shore to McDonogh or Gettysburg to Calvert Hall cant really believe the High School experiernce is that much greater than all the schools in-between. One big difference however is LEGACY- some schools have it , some are working on it and some will just never have it.
MIAA-
Calvert Hall
McDonogh
Boys Latin
ST Pauls
Loyola
Gilman
St Marys
St Joes
these are schools with generations of families that attend and play lacrosse and other sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AACPS > Spalding

I'm in AACo and I am looking at HS right now and Spalding has one of the best STEM programs around. Their facilitates are top notch as well. Growing up here I never put Spalding in high regard but I will say a lot has changed in the 25 yrs since I was that age and Spalding is much better than AACPS, especially given COVID has put all public schools behind.

I personally like the feel of St Mary's but people keep telling me academics are not good. Anyone know if this is reality?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said. Those "Baltimore prep school cronies" are really annoying. I would agree with all of the post except for education. Let's not pretend that the education at Spalding is exceptional. It is average on their best days. Severna Park, Broadneck, South River, and now Crofton are all better academic options in AA County. And FREE.

Like Reply Quote
Page 94 of 313 1 2 92 93 94 95 96 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard