BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 21 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 20 21
Re: Girls 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kristy Jabroni Swanson

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why is it far fetched. She was the best women’s player ever hands down

While Shannon was a fabulous player , she was never considered the best women’s player ever. It’s arguable that she was even the best player ever from Long Island.
Apuzzo
Ortega
Hoeg
Just to mention a few that have all played in the last few years from LI

Not taking anything away from the other players listed but Shannon has almost 150 more career points than either Ortega and 200 more than Hoeg. She definitely doesn’t need anyone on here defending her but maybe you should read up on her accomplishments at litopguns.com.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for clearing that up! The rumors are going to always be there. Sad thing is when coaches bring over a group of girls and they all make the team or they all start even though they all don’t deserve it. Happens all the time. If that Janelli crew goes to TG they will all walk into starting positions. No questions asked. Happens at every program. They bring whole teams over and throw the leftovers on the lower levels.

Look no further than the artist formerly know as 91 Orange Fury -> Jesters AA; friends and family deals abound.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for clearing that up! The rumors are going to always be there. Sad thing is when coaches bring over a group of girls and they all make the team or they all start even though they all don’t deserve it. Happens all the time. If that Janelli crew goes to TG they will all walk into starting positions. No questions asked. Happens at every program. They bring whole teams over and throw the leftovers on the lower levels.

Look no further than the artist formerly know as 91 Orange Fury -> Jesters AA; friends and family deals abound.

91 still has a girls program?

What happened to that really good 2025 team they had?

They all went to Jesters, seems like an odd choice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean like when YJ 2020 Curcio picked up Belle Smith and those other Topguns girls or when YJ took that 2023 Igloo bunch that they could never beat. Didn’t YJ just add a 2027 team this way too.

I don’t recall seeing the TG program doing that but it seems to happen a lot with YJ

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the top players went to Janelli.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ probably does it more than anyone. I just think they all do it for the money and if they can get some good players. Even if that means taking some weak ones along for the ride.

And why did this turn into a debate about SS playing ability? I don’t think the post has anything to do with that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG doesn’t deserve a shot at Spallina after the fall league, but after the past 2 weekends in Maryland that might change. After Beating Pride (pride tied M&D), losing to M&D by 2, and Hero’s by 3 it might be time for Spallina to give them a shot.
[quote=Anonymous]TG doesn’t deserve a shot at Spallina after the fall league, but after the past 2 weekends in Maryland that might change. After Beating Pride (pride tied M&D), losing to M&D by 2, and Hero’s by 3 it might be time for Spallina to give them a shot.

Slop Guns should try to beat Jabroni & Lame-O first before they start calling out Spalina.

Spalina beats Jabroni by double digits even with that new roster he poached.

Hearing SS trying to help poach YJ LOMO/Jan players to TG. From two different people

TG will be too 2/3 very soon
Making moves this winter

I don’t think those four girls she’s “training” this weekend will jump ship. All talk and positioning.

It Is happenning

its off for now

word got out now everyone is shutting up and denying

maybe in the spring i suppose

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While Shannon was a fabulous player , she was never considered the best women’s player ever. It’s arguable that she was even the best player ever from Long Island.
Apuzzo
Ortega
Hoeg

Not taking anything away from the other players listed but Shannon has almost 150 more career points than either Ortega and 200 more than Hoeg. She definitely doesn’t need anyone on here defending her but maybe you should read up on her accomplishments at litopguns.com.

Apuzzo
Ortega
Hoeg

Ummm you do realize that HOEG played (7 ) games as a senior before the season was canceled right ? She had 52 points in those games or 7.4 points per game. Assuming she played at that level through the season ( 14 additional games that’s an additional 103 points.surpassing Smith by 2 points.

Ortega played her freshman and sophomore year and 7 games in her junior year and trailed Smith by 119 points at that point. Ortega was averaging 6.4 points per game as a junior that’s 14 additional games at 6.4 per game or ( 89 more points ) which would have her 19 points behind Smith going into her senior year.

Apuzzo played only 10 games ( torn ACL ) as a freshman but still out scored Smith by 32 points by the end of her college career.

I surely hope you weren’t using High School Stats to pump up your Smith numbers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There will be team hopping...Mom's rule the roost, not the girls. TG, YJ's. No one will be surprised, other than their daughter when Mom tells her who she will now be playing for...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on her HS stats, she’s the best player to ever leave Long Island. She had an outstanding lacrosse career at all levels as have all the others. Leave at that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apuzzo
Ortega
Hoeg

Apuzzo
Ortega
Hoeg

Ummm you do realize that HOEG played (7 ) games as a senior before the season was canceled right ? She had 52 points in those games or 7.4 points per game. Assuming she played at that level through the season ( 14 additional games that’s an additional 103 points.surpassing Smith by 2 points.

Ortega played her freshman and sophomore year and 7 games in her junior year and trailed Smith by 119 points at that point. Ortega was averaging 6.4 points per game as a junior that’s 14 additional games at 6.4 per game or ( 89 more points ) which would have her 19 points behind Smith going into her senior year.

Apuzzo played only 10 games ( torn ACL ) as a freshman but still out scored Smith by 32 points by the end of her college career.

I surely hope you weren’t using High School Stats to pump up your Smith numbers.

Welcome to the conversation Mr Hoeg! Come on in the water's luke warm!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually based on career HS stats, she was the best player to leave LI. They’ve all had amazing careers.

This is a 2025 thread so maybe in your free time you can start a LI Womens lax history thread and organize a poll of LI HS coaches who actually coached against all of these great players and ask their opinion of who they feared the most.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the team with them at 91. They listen to the guy who will have his daughter on three or four teams in four years.
Not a good idea.

They got caught. (Now it will be quiet time)

Great kids

It really puts kids in a funny position with teammates. (three teams in three years)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed.....parents will ruin it, but I blame the clubs too. The politics are insane. It hasn’t had an impact on my daughter (yet), but I can’t believe my eyes sometimes. Just so obvious.

Can you stop posting about the best player of all time? Who cares?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apuzzo
Ortega
Hoeg

Apuzzo
Ortega
Hoeg

Yes, if you read up on it on LI TopGuns website, she certainly would appear to be the best player ever to step on the field. They are selling a product and she is the pumped up face of it. Great player, but far from a complete player. Perhaps she deserves the title best ISO player ever. Yet at the height of her career, still couldn’t secure a spot on the national team. Would they really do that to the best player to ever step on the field?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi
I coach one of the Yellow Jacket teams in question. I spoke with four parents from my team and they swear that they are not going anywhere and have not even talked to anyone or trained (practiced ) with any other team. They reached out to me to talk. So maybe it is the other 2025 team. Happy Holidays and Everyone stay safe.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the team with them at 91. They listen to the guy who will have his daughter on three or four teams in four years.
Not a good idea.

They got caught. (Now it will be quiet time)

Great kids

It really puts kids in a funny position with teammates. (three teams in three years)

Maybe after their big workout, Shannon’s assessment of these girls was similar to the other three coaches and travel teams they played for in that they are ok but not better than who she has on her roster.

The parents will now have to figure out how to co-exist and not get kicked off their current team bc no one who moves teams that much would care if anything got out that they we’re considering leaving.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi
I coach one of the Yellow Jacket teams in question. I spoke with four parents from my team and they swear that they are not going anywhere and have not even talked to anyone or trained (practiced ) with any other team. They reached out to me to talk. So maybe it is the other 2025 team. Happy Holidays and Everyone stay safe.

sounds like someone got caught and had to try to cover their tracks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m hearing Janelli and jesters trying to do some recruiting of their own. There will be movement between jesters, TG and Janelli this off season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m hearing Janelli and jesters trying to do some recruiting of their own. There will be movement between jesters, TG and Janelli this off season.
good for them. girts should move where they will be developed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Speaking out loud to yourself doesn't constitute 'hearing things'

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The lax whisperer has spoken...he/she seems to hear and say a lot. Gets confusing and hard to keep track of. Add in disinformation, misinformation, stirring the pot and undermining of people, coaches, programs and it is downright sinister! Game of Lax!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Party pooper!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those 4 are leaving it is a done deal!! dad tells coach they are staying, but not a good fit for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings came out for some of the age groups....jesters starting to make some noise. Couple of their teams are ranked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where are rankings?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone thinks they know about the “4 girls” - where are they going?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the love of god. Can we stop acting like these 4 girls are like the “core 4” for the Yankees in the late 90’s. Move on people. No one cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the love of god. Can we stop acting like these girls are the “core four” of the Yankees in the late 90’s. No one cares. Move on people.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Hi

sounds like someone got caught and had to try to cover their tracks"

...So helpful...that cleared everything up. Thanks "Coach". I guarantee you no coach would be foolish enough to post on here or sadomastic enough to read this forum.

AND, neither Janelli nor Lomangino nor their assistants would post something like this pointing their finger to the other team (stirring the pot). Print your name if you want this to carry any legitimacy. Heck, you've already "spoken" with the 4 crazy moms/dads so they know who you are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the love of god. Can we stop acting like these girls are the “core four” of the Yankees in the late 90’s. No one cares. Move on people.

Exactly. No one here is impressed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where are rankings?

US Club lax.

only 22s and 23 up now. 24-26s up tomorrow.

Major issues with the 23 rankings. For instance Elite Orange and Velocity Elite Orange, a middle tier midwest club are somehow combined. Some house teams from recruiting events are included and a few teams show up twice with different spellings of their name.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Those 4 are leaving it is a done deal!! dad tells coach they are staying, but not a good fit for them.

The Core 4 are leaving? Where are they going?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team is this FAB Core 4 on? R they just looking for more $ or just better team snacks?
What positions do they play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team is this FAB Core 4 on? R they just looking for more $ or just better team snacks?
What positions do they play?

great kids and nice enough families for the most part, but pretty overrated in my exp. they may contribute time to time, but no way are they starters for anyone’s top team. not sure if they even all start on their current team, but def not worth all this attention

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"great kids and nice enough families for the most part, but pretty overrated in my exp. they may contribute time to time, but no way are they starters for anyone’s top team. not sure if they even all start on their current team, but def not worth all this attention"

AWESOME! I bet every poster, reader, troll, parent or passive observer agrees with the above statement no matter what team their daughter plays for. Amen. (except for crazy mom's of poor remote controlled daughters being discussed anonymously and presumptively).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Judging by past experience YJ/TG normally shuffle the rosters some but hopefully, we don’t get the short end of it like the older teams.
SS is very experienced & knows this is typically the last year for real movement.
Like all coaches, SS is trying to improve her teams. She has gotten more involved with us which is Super exciting & it showed in MD
ZERO interest in adding 4 with headaches AND realizes they over HYPING themselves. If we lose a few girls we’ll fill in. BIZ as usual
Hopefully, everything works out for girls b.c. Jumping around must be hard; they need to be happy!

Jesters & Bandits are trying to make a big push but it’s probably too late for the 25s and they don’t really play any good Tourneys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Judging by past experience YJ/TG normally shuffle the rosters some but hopefully, we don’t get the short end of it like the older teams.
SS is very experienced & knows this is typically the last year for real movement.
Like all coaches, SS is trying to improve her teams. She has gotten more involved with us which is Super exciting & it showed in MD
ZERO interest in adding 4 with headaches AND realizes they over HYPING themselves. If we lose a few girls we’ll fill in. BIZ as usual
Hopefully, everything works out for girls b.c. Jumping around must be hard; they need to be happy!

Jesters & Bandits are trying to make a big push but it’s probably too late for the 25s and they don’t really play any good Tourneys.

You may have “ZERO” interest, but your Director sure does based on the number of phone calls she’s made.

Get ready to play a game of lacrosse survivor with your daughter and her friends because these four will play and someone will be voted to the purple team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Hi

sounds like someone got caught and had to try to cover their tracks"

...So helpful...that cleared everything up. Thanks "Coach". I guarantee you no coach would be foolish enough to post on here or sadomastic enough to read this forum.

AND, neither Janelli nor Lomangino nor their assistants would post something like this pointing their finger to the other team (stirring the pot). Print your name if you want this to carry any legitimacy. Heck, you've already "spoken" with the 4 crazy moms/dads so they know who you are.

TRUE

CR would never allow one of her coaches to post to this board and risk harming her brand. If that happened they wouldn’t be coaching for much longer and they all know that.

Page 10 of 21 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard