BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 23 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 22 23
Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters earning some respect. Couple of their teams got got ranked. they are doing a great job promoting their program. Their numbers are going through the roof. Most age groups have 3 teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree 100% it's Corrigan exploiting insecure kids and parents and, IMHO, negligent holding a useless tournament in FLorida during the second wave of a pandemic. We already did that tournament. CONNY won. Having said that, the boys "tournament operators" are just as bad. Every day on my social media feeds I'm getting announcements about showcases and combines for class of 2023 and below in the upcoming weeks! It used to be there was one showcase that separated the best players from the rest (Showtime) now everyone has their own showcase and they're all charging $500. I guess people must be paying it???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Jesters ... Most age groups have 3 teams.

sounds like theyre getting greedy, just like the big clubs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on All America Winter Vengeance in Tampa. Will they get the turnout from the regions. Florida in January sounds good to me!

Sounds like you had to make your region team to be invited.
So Long Island will go down there with same team it had at UA??

This is Corrigan Sports exploiting crazy lax parents. It used to be simple, they partnered with Under Armour to run All American, selected the best players in the country and it actually meant something to have been selected and play on the UA team. Now they are feeding off of parents by creating a ton of UA spin off events. UA 150, Call Back, Winter Vengence, etc.... Not all selected players will go to FLA, who would in the year of covid, much less any other year? So now those team will be filling in with players who never made the original team because they can now say they were a part of UA team in FL. But this greed will eventually back fire on UA as the once elite event they used to run is getting vastly diluted. Sad to see the greed ruin what was once a great thing.

Seems like a big waste of time and risk, as it is in a recruiting dead period, not to mention a global pandemic! What the hek are they thinking?

Maybe thinking the players want to play the sport they love and would travel to do so if that’s what it takes. Yes they make a few $ that’s capitalism’s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on All America Winter Vengeance in Tampa. Will they get the turnout from the regions. Florida in January sounds good to me!

This is Corrigan Sports exploiting crazy lax parents. It used to be simple, they partnered with Under Armour to run All American, selected the best players in the country and it actually meant something to have been selected and play on the UA team. Now they are feeding off of parents by creating a ton of UA spin off events. UA 150, Call Back, Winter Vengence, etc.... Not all selected players will go to FLA, who would in the year of covid, much less any other year? So now those team will be filling in with players who never made the original team because they can now say they were a part of UA team in FL. But this greed will eventually back fire on UA as the once elite event they used to run is getting vastly diluted. Sad to see the greed ruin what was once a great thing.

Seems like a big waste of time and risk, as it is in a recruiting dead period, not to mention a global pandemic! What the hek are they thinking?

Maybe thinking the players want to play the sport they love and would travel to do so if that’s what it takes. Yes they make a few $ that’s capitalism’s.

Haha....keep feeding the money machine. My daughter is eligible, but this event has money grab written all over it!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is Corrigan Sports exploiting crazy lax parents. It used to be simple, they partnered with Under Armour to run All

American, selected the best players in the country and it actually meant something to have been selected and play on the UA team. Now they are feeding off of parents by creating a ton of UA spin off events. UA 150, Call Back, Winter Vengence, etc.... Not all selected players will go to FLA, who would in the year of covid, much less any other year? So now those team will be filling in with players who never made the original team because they can now say they were a part of UA team in FL. But this greed will eventually back fire on UA as the once elite event they used to run is getting vastly diluted. Sad to see the greed ruin what was once a great thing.

Haha....keep feeding the money machine. My daughter is eligible, but this event has money grab written all over it!

Eligible?? so that means your daughter made the team that was selected in October at the tryout from NJ??
if only 21 players eligible and 10 decide to go. how do they fill the roster and despite what the gallery says that roster is filled with the best of the best on LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on the Presidents Cup move to Dallas in 2021?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a LI parent but I gotta agree on the money grab but have to confess my daughter was upset when President's Cup got cancelled this year. Would have been her first year going. She wants to play and to go to Florida. We will wait to see if they get a good response. Call me a sucker or insecure lax parent but so much has been taken away from these kids and they just want to get out on the field. I fly for work and would happily take my daughter on a plane if this looks to go off as indoor winter sports are very uncertain!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Any thoughts on the Presidents Cup move to Dallas in 2021?

It really doesn't matter. CR has Live, Love Lax Florida and that is the tournament with the top teams, the Presidents Cup will go the way of the National Draw. Once a great tournament now a secondary tournament for teams not invited the CR's tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Jesters earning some respect. Couple of their teams got got ranked. they are doing a great job promoting their program. Their numbers are going through the roof. Most age groups have 3 teams.

The Jesters next college commit will be their first. YJ and TG proven track records when it comes to recruiting.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Jesters earning some respect. Couple of their teams got got ranked. they are doing a great job promoting their program. Their numbers are going through the roof. Most age groups have 3 teams.

The Jesters next college commit will be their first. YJ and TG proven track records when it comes to recruiting.

Agreed, but the Jesters are and up and coming program. I’m hearing big things for the 2023 team. They seem to be getting bigger and bigger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Jesters earning some respect. Couple of their teams got got ranked. they are doing a great job promoting their program. Their numbers are going through the roof. Most age groups have 3 teams.

Agreed, but the Jesters are and up and coming program. I’m hearing big things for the 2023 team. They seem to be getting bigger and bigger.

Really? They played one mediocre team this fall Capital and tied them. I guess that's big.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Jesters earning some respect. Couple of their teams got got ranked. they are doing a great job promoting their program. Their numbers are going through the roof. Most age groups have 3 teams.

Really? They played one mediocre team this fall Capital and tied them. I guess that's big.

Not my program, but not correct on that. They beat YJa in a game, dont have to travel to MD tournament to have a game count. They get knocked a lot on this page, but they are a solid team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They played and beat YJ and TG will never play anyone from LI. Say what you will but the 23’ Jesters squad (who have four UA players on the roster) are going to make a lot of noise with recruiting and lax a lot of people off while doing it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It might be time to stop listening to the voices in your head “ I’m hearing big things for the 23 team ,they seem to be getting bigger and bigger “ wouldn’t it be be great to get better rather than bigger !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It might be time to stop listening to the voices in your head “ I’m hearing big things for the 23 team ,they seem to be getting bigger and bigger “ wouldn’t it be be great to get better rather than bigger !

Better is an understatement, this team is making a lot of noise and seems to making a lot you folks MAD!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Jesters earning some respect. Couple of their teams got got ranked. they are doing a great job promoting their program. Their numbers are going through the roof. Most age groups have 3 teams.

They played and beat YJ and TG will never play anyone from LI. Say what you will but the 23’ Jesters squad (who have four UA players on the roster) are going to make a lot of noise with recruiting and lax a lot of people off while doing it!

4 UA players oh yeah wasn’t the Jesters coach the evaluator that sounds legitimate. I guess that’s why UA Long Island performed so well in the tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Jesters earning some respect. Couple of their teams got got ranked. they are doing a great job promoting their program. Their numbers are going through the roof. Most age groups have 3 teams.

4 UA players oh yeah wasn’t the Jesters coach the evaluator that sounds legitimate. I guess that’s why UA Long Island performed so well in the tournament.

You have to stop with the Jesters. They are a joke like their name suggests. They are a mid level team, even with their new addition who will not look so great when not surrounded by great players. YJ had a great fall, TG will be right there when all their injured players return...then there’s the rest. Jesters are in that group, no depth

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some Jesters mouthpiece is trying sooooo hard to control the narrative. Just like the Con Man...keep saying it over & over & over until people believe it.
This Jeaters team is nothing special. Everyone knows The Coach Stacked the UA team with some mediocre Jesters players, kept them in while he & they soiled the bed.
Other than a scrimmage win over the #1 team in-the-grade, YJ Thorn, Jeaters went on to lose to Legacy and did not put up ANY win over any club to speak of.
THEY are just spouting NONSENSE. The narrative is what you Do-not what you say!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And Jesters got beaten by Legacy. Enough with the Jesters nonsense. It is no longer entertaining. It borders on being as painful as listening to the Jester's coach on the sideline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No Live Love Lax Florida! CR taking her recruitment age teams to the President’s Cup in Dallas. IWLCA is back. That’s the place to be. UA All American disappoint down the rabbit hole. The next big thing is American Select.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just given the team name how does one take them seriously? Jester - Dictionary Definition: Vocabulary.comwww.vocabulary.com › dictionary › jester
A jester is a joker or clown who performs for an audience. Most jesters worked for English kings' courts during medieval and Tudor times. Back in Shakespeare's ..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
..and when they beat you the joke's on you poach your roster and laugh to the bank the joke is on you for paying $70 to play wall ball with the small pistols. .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]..and when they beat you the joke's on you poach your roster and laugh to the bank the joke is on you for paying $70 to play wall ball with the small pistols. .

We’ll have to wait to see next year if the Jesters can get into any real tournaments and see if they play in the top brackets. The YJ should play them again slap them around show them they are far from a top team even with the former TG girl who is clearly their best player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]..and when they beat you the joke's on you poach your roster and laugh to the bank the joke is on you for paying $70 to play wall ball with the small pistols. .

We’ll have to wait to see next year if the Jesters can get into any real tournaments and see if they play in the top brackets. The YJ should play them again slap them around show them they are far from a top team even with the former TG girl who is clearly their best player.

Kind of how YJ slapped them last time....... oh that’s right...... YJ parents cried all the way home after they got [ChillLaxin] slapped on their own field...... of course this after all the YJ fathers got drunk and their prissy little wives were flirting with other parents...... you lost all around..... LOSERS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you ever Even Pretend to be an adult? Wow! I’m learning, through the previous ridiculous post, what Arrested Development actually means!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kind of how YJ slapped them last time....... oh that’s right...... YJ parents cried all the way home after they got [ChillLaxin] slapped on their own field...... of course this after all the YJ fathers got drunk and their prissy little wives were flirting with other parents...... you lost all around..... LOSERS

Didn’t know Legacy played Jesters
what was the score??
Funny the Jesters claim to fame is a scrimmage. that’s funny.
Legacy should have been ranked higher than Jesters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what was the score??

Legacy 7 - Jesters 4 Summer Genesis

USCL has Legacy #6 and Jesters #16

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]..and when they beat you the joke's on you poach your roster and laugh to the bank the joke is on you for paying $70 to play wall ball with the small pistols. .

what was the score??

Legacy is ranked higher than Jesters. At best Jesters are the 4th best team on the island. Smoke and mirrors they have 4 UA girls that the evaluator their Dad coach selected. Only one girl was a legit UA player and it showed in the tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Takes more than 1 player to beat a stacked team like them. TG player wasn’t on Jesters when this game went down In July. Draw circle was dominated by Jesters and defense made the difference. Full game is on UTube. Watch for yourself. Let’s move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What makes it a scrimmage and not a game? Because it’s not on Tourny machine? Game was arranged by both directors, was officiated by certified professional refs, in uniform, following all rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, sports neophyte. A “SCRIMMAGE” is like a pre-season game. You might have back-ups playing so a coachcan Evaluate their abilities. A coach might play players out-of-position as there might be too many middies for example. A coach might change up lines to see how they fit. A “SCRIMMGE” is NEVER a GAME. Having Refs there is important so the Coaches are NOT reffing but evaluating. Where have you been??? There was a 1 goal dInference in a Scrimmage.
Finally....I’ll throw you a half bone. The draws were won by the Jester’s, however-coaches daughter would run & gun Down the middle. Might have worked in This Scrimmage but truly UGLY lacrosse !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can I politely suggest that the Long Island parents go make your own forum about your petty rivalries and rankings so that this forum actually becomes a source of information or exchange of ideas about 2023 Girls? If I were a college coach it would be enough to make me rule out recruiting LI kids for awhile. The lacrosse world is much bigger than you guys think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the Long Island Forum and do not think any college coach would rule out Long Island for recruits for any amount of time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can I politely suggest that the Long Island parents go make your own forum about your petty rivalries and rankings so that this forum actually becomes a source of information or exchange of ideas about 2023 Girls? If I were a college coach it would be enough to make me rule out recruiting LI kids for awhile. The lacrosse world is much bigger than you guys think.

No please don’t do anything differently. This is the only forum that absolutely confirms how obnoxious, petty, and juvenile LI parents really are. We all see it at tournaments, but this provides us with confirmation of the “holier than thou” mentality that exists. Pass the popcorn honey!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is NOT the LI forum. This is the 2023 Girls forum, hijacked by your BS. It's depressing to think that parents are this small minded and parochial about this great sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pa-leeeze. There is a Maryland thread that I have read ya’all ripping M & D. Don’t Pretend ya’all below the Mason-Dixon Line have any more class. We have seen you at tournaments as well and you are obnoxious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In a normal non covid year I would agree yiur arguments. But come on. This was finally a game after months of nothing! Your telling me that out of the gate, girls fired up for a little healthy competition after months of no games? You are telling me that these Coaches are going to feel things out ? Experiment with new lines? Assess abilities ? Of whom ? No way. They are putting their horses on the track to have some fun not to mention give the parents some relief from Netflix. Ugly lacrosse - maybe. To be expected after 4 months of nothing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Takes more than 1 player to beat a stacked team like them. TG player wasn’t on Jesters when this game went down In July. Draw circle was dominated by Jesters and defense made the difference. Full game is on UTube. Watch for yourself. Let’s move on.

Can't we just let the Jesters have their day. They beat YJ in a scrimmage and tied Capital those are the teams accomplishments. Jesters are never in the top brackets of any tournaments so they want these memories to last.

Page 10 of 23 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard