Anonymous #314887 11/11/20 08:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You would be surprised how many kids don't play much because for some reason they just stay at the end of the lineup on the sideline. I asked my son why he is playing so much recently and he said its because he is not taking himself out when he is on the field until the coach hauls him out or he is tired and other kids just stay at the end of the line. My son isn't one of the best kids, probably in the middle. I asked if there are other kids who didn't play much and he said yes because basically they are standing at the end of the line away from the coach. As a parent I think that maybe we all want the coach's to be on the sideline with a spreadsheet of players names and how much time they are getting but that's not reality unfortunately. My son has been on both sides of this starting out as the kid at the end of the line with no confidence but he has learned from his mistakes it seems. Is it a confidence thing, who knows but if your kid isn't getting enough minutes tell him to be on the coach's hip the whole game in front of the line to start with. If that's not working find another team where his talent level where get him into the game. AND I'm not a coach, just a parent who has seen both sides of getting no playing time and getting more playing time then others.

What a deal for $3,200! Thanks Mike! His system rocks!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
Anonymous #314899 11/11/20 10:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You would be surprised how many kids don't play much because for some reason they just stay at the end of the lineup on the sideline. I asked my son why he is playing so much recently and he said its because he is not taking himself out when he is on the field until the coach hauls him out or he is tired and other kids just stay at the end of the line. My son isn't one of the best kids, probably in the middle. I asked if there are other kids who didn't play much and he said yes because basically they are standing at the end of the line away from the coach. As a parent I think that maybe we all want the coach's to be on the sideline with a spreadsheet of players names and how much time they are getting but that's not reality unfortunately. My son has been on both sides of this starting out as the kid at the end of the line with no confidence but he has learned from his mistakes it seems. Is it a confidence thing, who knows but if your kid isn't getting enough minutes tell him to be on the coach's hip the whole game in front of the line to start with. If that's not working find another team where his talent level where get him into the game. AND I'm not a coach, just a parent who has seen both sides of getting no playing time and getting more playing time then others.

As much as I detest to agree with this. Not an Express parent at all and will tie it in to other sports. My sons time on the court in basketball went up almost doubled when I realized the coach literally looked down and would grab whatever kid was sitting next to him to make subs, it was always the same kids who rotated the seats coming on and off. I told my son you make sure never to be more then 3 spots away in hoops and boom his time increased. In box, you will see a kid not touch the field, they go to the end of the sub line and never move back to the front of the line. While Express numbers tend to be crazy, I think this guy has a very valid point. You need to make yourself available. They are not worrying about some kids 3 minutes when he is 20 kids away

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #314905 11/11/20 10:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As much as I detest to agree with this. Not an Express parent at all and will tie it in to other sports. My sons time on the court in basketball went up almost doubled when I realized the coach literally looked down and would grab whatever kid was sitting next to him to make subs, it was always the same kids who rotated the seats coming on and off. I told my son you make sure never to be more then 3 spots away in hoops and boom his time increased. In box, you will see a kid not touch the field, they go to the end of the sub line and never move back to the front of the line. While Express numbers tend to be crazy, I think this guy has a very valid point. You need to make yourself available. They are not worrying about some kids 3 minutes when he is 20 kids away

If you think CoachC doesn’t know who should be on the field and who is gonna sit the bench at any given time you’re completely wrong. He knows exactly who playing. He’ll even say to kids before a game that they’re not gonna play or before a tournament that certain kids won’t play much.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #314908 11/11/20 10:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you think CoachC doesn’t know who should be on the field and who is gonna sit the bench at any given time you’re completely wrong. He knows exactly who playing. He’ll even say to kids before a game that they’re not gonna play or before a tournament that certain kids won’t play much.

I agree, but if you are a borderline player and a kid goes down or gets a penalty or any situation, sitting 16 kids down is not going to get you on the field faster then the kid standing next to the coach.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
BoardLord #314965 11/11/20 03:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the whole conversation practice player vs player on the top team has run its course. Parents make really poor decisions, imho, but it’s not my decision. So if they want to be on a team and not have their son not play, let them. It’s their money and time.

Like Reply Quote
BoardLord #314987 11/11/20 08:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s the best ability? Availability!!!!

Like Reply Quote
BoardLord #314990 11/11/20 08:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Choices .....every parent and player have choices . Very simple . Why get on here and go back and forth about kids standing on sidelines , not playing etc.....people choose to do that . Stop the nonsense and focus on your kid and your choice

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #315026 11/12/20 10:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Choices .....every parent and player have choices . Very simple . Why get on here and go back and forth about kids standing on sidelines , not playing etc.....people choose to do that . Stop the nonsense and focus on your kid and your choice

The audacity to come on a forum that is dedicated to lacrosse and then one step further a thread dedicated to a single team and discuss lacrosse and that team. Can we please get to discussing D3 Cricket and baking tips!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #315244 11/15/20 10:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a hs bball coach this is exactly correct.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #315291 11/15/20 09:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any coach that subs players by their location on the bench is a complete joke and should resign immediately.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #315300 11/16/20 06:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any coach that subs players by their location on the bench is a complete joke and should resign immediately.

Avail-ability!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316210 11/25/20 10:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Avail-ability!

And you need to be available when Smiley calls a “practice”! Ha ha

Like Reply Quote
BoardLord #316449 11/30/20 07:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My impression has always been that Coach C is very honest about whether your kid will play or not. Am I wrong in this?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316459 11/30/20 09:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My impression has always been that Coach C is very honest about whether your kid will play or not. Am I wrong in this?

As a parent who’s had kids play for both 91 and express, Mike C is way more accessible than anyone on 91. If you go on the express website and call the number, it’s Mike C personal cell phone. He will answer any questions you have. Yes he’s into winning and will only play his best players. They are plenty of express critics and there are some valid complaints. But overall if you ask where your kids stands.....he will honestly tell you. In all my kids years playing for 91 I never had anything even close to that. Just my opinion. Best of luck.

Like Reply Quote
Page 369 of 371 1 2 367 368 369 370 371
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard
BOTC SPONSORS