Re: Boys 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
TheBackOfTheCage #316412 11/30/20 11:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious, do you guys get off on ripping apart 9th. grade lacrosse teams? Oh, thats right, all of your kids are going to Duke. If any of you had a brain, you would invested your money in the market, namely a 529(go look that up). Instead, you are hoping for the big recruitment phone call. Good luck. I'll spare you the replies.

# mykidsux
# mykidisonaBteam

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #316416 11/30/20 12:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just curious, do you guys get off on ripping apart 9th. grade lacrosse teams? Oh, thats right, all of your kids are going to Duke. If any of you had a brain, you would invested your money in the market, namely a 529(go look that up). Instead, you are hoping for the big recruitment phone call. Good luck. I'll spare you the replies.

# mykidsux
# mykidisonaBteam

Dude, kind of ironic, you write about ripping kids apart then finish your rant with two hashtags ripping kids.
#dope
#stunad

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316420 11/30/20 12:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

# mykidsux
# mykidisonaBteam

Hurry hurry quit lacrosse and invest 3k a year in a 529 you will become rich off 3k a year and your kid will rot in his room playing video games. Thanks for the investment insight Einstein but I’ll enjoy the years watching my child play lacrosse verse having a few extra meal deal dollars

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #316428 11/30/20 01:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most people who are spending money on their kids travel lacrosse are doing it for the experiences their kid is having, and are not seeking a ROI in the form of college money. Yes, they would love to have their kid leverage lacrosse to get into a better college, and they would love for it to result in some scholarship or aid, but such is not, for most, the principal reason they sign their kid up each year.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316430 11/30/20 01:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

# mykidsux
# mykidisonaBteam

Dude, kind of ironic, you write about ripping kids apart then finish your rant with two hashtags ripping kids.
#dope
#stunad

Genius, I was goofing on my kid.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #316431 11/30/20 01:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

# mykidsux
# mykidisonaBteam

Hurry hurry quit lacrosse and invest 3k a year in a 529 you will become rich off 3k a year and your kid will rot in his room playing video games. Thanks for the investment insight Einstein but I’ll enjoy the years watching my child play lacrosse verse having a few extra meal deal dollars
Never said anything about quitting. But I'll help you out with the Einstein commment. You can put up to 10k a year into a qualified 529 plan, you get the tax benefit and when used for a qualified withdrawal, you don't pay taxes on the gains. You do the math, Einstein

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316435 11/30/20 02:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just to be clear, the money you put into a qualified 529 plan is after tax dollars, the only thing that does not get taxed is the gains on the investments, but only if they money is used for qualified educational expenses. Since we are talking about 9th graders here, I'm not too sure that investing 10k a year at this point is going to have huge tax benefits. However, if you have been investing in one since your children were young, then the tax benefits can be a lot greater.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316438 11/30/20 03:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

# mykidsux
# mykidisonaBteam

#dope
#stunad

Yeah, sarcasm is so evident on anonymous websites. You should never mock anyone's intelligence, you lack any semblance of it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316441 11/30/20 04:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most people who are spending money on their kids travel lacrosse are doing it for the experiences their kid is having, and are not seeking a ROI in the form of college money. Yes, they would love to have their kid leverage lacrosse to get into a better college, and they would love for it to result in some scholarship or aid, but such is not, for most, the principal reason they sign their kid up each year.

I agree with this. I’m not expecting any big return with my
Investment. But I’ve got to spend a lot of quality time with my kid and created some great memories. I don’t mean winning lacrosse games. I mean long car rides and laughing our jerks off. Getting late night meals while on the run. All while playing a game he still seems to really love. Yes I’ve spent a crazy amount of money on sports. The quality time you get with your Son/daughter makes it worth every penny.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #316444 11/30/20 06:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, OP here who started this thread/trend. I'll eat some crow here. I think a lot if his was misinterpreted and I apologize for that. Yes, I enjoy watching my kid play and traveling with him , but when I see parents arguing over the better teams and ripping other teams apart, it just doesn't sit right. So, to all of you, Happy Holidays and be well during these time. Hope to see all of you on the fields this Spring and JV season.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #316445 11/30/20 06:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Igloo that far off the grid

Isn't AA trying to sell igloo or partner up with another club?

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #316462 11/30/20 09:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is on the way out
Just like outlaws did a bunch of years ago

It’s over “Rambo”

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316472 12/01/20 07:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just to be clear, the money you put into a qualified 529 plan is after tax dollars, the only thing that does not get taxed is the gains on the investments, but only if they money is used for qualified educational expenses. Since we are talking about 9th graders here, I'm not too sure that investing 10k a year at this point is going to have huge tax benefits. However, if you have been investing in one since your children were young, then the tax benefits can be a lot greater.
To the #mykidsux guy on here that thinks he knows anything about college admissions...here is a news flash. If your child is going to go to a PRIVATE institution, that money in a 527 will go against any FASA or CSS aid. So if you are an average person and are looking to get some need based/merit based aid, they will subtract a percentage of the 527 out of aid. So have a little clue before giving out financial advice from ( I guess) someone that has not been through the process. Talk to a college financial planner.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316480 12/01/20 09:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the #mykidsux guy on here that thinks he knows anything about college admissions...here is a news flash. If your child is going to go to a PRIVATE institution, that money in a 527 will go against any FASA or CSS aid. So if you are an average person and are looking to get some need based/merit based aid, they will subtract a percentage of the 527 out of aid. So have a little clue before giving out financial advice from ( I guess) someone that has not been through the process. Talk to a college financial planner.

From a parent of kid who’s currently in college your way off. First off it’s a 529 not at 527. If your kid has been playing travel lacrosse for a long time your most likely making decent money( it’s crazy expensive ). In that case colleges look at your income of you and your spouse combined. In most cases that salary will be to high to qualify for “need” based aid. I’m not talking about a combined income of 500k. I’m talking of like a combined income of over 150k to 200k. The fallacy of “you won’t get fasa” if you have a 529 is just silly. The reality is that most of us unfortunately won’t qualify for it. As a result the 529 is a great investment if you know your kids going to college.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316710 12/04/20 01:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

# mykidsux
# mykidisonaBteam

#dope
#stunad

Does anyone have info on this one percent showcase ? Is it worth accepting the invitation ?

Like Reply Quote
Page 38 of 43 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 42 43
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard
BOTC SPONSORS