Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
Limited Spots Remaining for the Girls LI Showcase & the Boys/Girls UnD1sputed Showcases - Register Today @ www.CBLaxers.com | Boys & Girls Long Ireland Lacrosse Tournaments Registration Now Open!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 02/28/21 07:23 PM
Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 02/28/21 07:18 PM
Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 02/28/21 07:04 PM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous - 02/28/21 05:32 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,267
Posts283,079
Members2,242
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 245 of 282 1 2 243 244 245 246 247 281 282
Re: Boys High School
Anonymous #316234 11/25/20 02:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have a son who is in 8th grade who is a decent player. I am considering sending home to Spalding or Severn. Interesting in hearing various opinions as to which school should provide the most development for my son, as well as be most competitive team during the 22 to 26 seasons.

Once the 22 class leaves spalding will be irrelevant(as if they haven’t already been irrelevant). They’ve also got a lot of daddy ball and nepotism going on in their program so take that for what you will. I don’t know too much about their coaches but after seeing some of their games and the amount of talent they had(as far as kids going to college) their performance was very disappointing. Severn is a far better school and I know their 23/24 classes are very solid. Their coach is relatively new but I’d say he’s definitely a better hc than Phipps.

You need to watch Severn and Spaulding practice several times. You also need to watch how the staff interacts with the players during practice and games.
You know your kid and what type of teaching/ coaching style he will respond to and a good way to determine which program is the right fit is to watch and listen to the different staffs.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

B_O_T_C #316241 11/25/20 04:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severn occasionally makes the MIAA playoffs. Spalding doesn’t. The only real lacrosse program in AA County is St. Mary’s. What else do you need to know?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316244 11/25/20 05:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severn occasionally makes the MIAA playoffs. Spalding doesn’t. The only real lacrosse program in AA County is St. Mary’s. What else do you need to know?

Don’t tell the spalding homers and hawks dads it will trigger them. Then they’ll say your son isn’t good enough to be on their team if you say they won’t make the championship.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316247 11/25/20 06:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ll go ahead and assume you care about academics as much as lacrosse. Spaulding is not much more then a public school. StM is average compared to most privates. Severn sitting on top of AACO by a long shot. Look at were students matriculate to from Severn. I don’t just mean athletes the entire student body.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316250 11/25/20 07:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t tell the spalding homers and hawks dads it will trigger them. Then they’ll say your son isn’t good enough to be on their team if you say they won’t make the championship.

St Marys works very hard to be great. Severn is figuring it out. Spalding plays whack a mole and lets boosters dictate the program to benefit their own kids. Calvert Hall has it figured out and has the winning culture. McDonogh is in it every year. BL has too many cooks in the kitchen and no leadership. St Pauls has quit. Loyola has a lot of talent but needs better coaches to help the HC. Gilman wants everyone to play and make sure no ones feelings are hurt. St Joe and John Carroll are hopeless in the A division. Only Calvert Hall, Mcdonogh, BL, and Loyola have a chance. St Marys can sneak in every so often. Everyone else is along for the ride.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #316251 11/25/20 07:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ripley, Phipps, Ford and company- no talent butt clowns

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316286 11/26/20 05:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OUCH ! Someone has a son who didnt have the talent to make Hawks or Spalding. Have him Hit The Wall !!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316291 11/26/20 07:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OUCH ! Someone has a son who didnt have the talent to make Hawks or Spalding. Have him Hit The Wall !!

You just keep on proving everyone’s points. Do you really not see the irony in what you’re saying? Spalding dads and coaches have gotta be the biggest clown show in the MIAA.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316324 11/28/20 08:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t tell the spalding homeyour son couldnt make.rs and hawks dads it will trigger them. Then they’ll say your son isn’t good enough to be on their team if you say they won’t make the championship.

You just keep on proving everyone’s points. Do you really not see the irony in what you’re saying? Spalding dads and coaches have gotta be the biggest clown show in the MIAA.

Actually you keep digging a bigger and bigger hole with your remarks about a team your son couldnt make.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316332 11/28/20 12:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t tell the spalding homeyour son couldnt make.rs and hawks dads it will trigger them. Then they’ll say your son isn’t good enough to be on their team if you say they won’t make the championship.

Actually you keep digging a bigger and bigger hole with your remarks about a team your son couldnt make.

How am I making a hole for myself lmao? Sorry you can’t handle the truth. You’re gonna be pretty sad when you and your son are sitting at home in May knowing you should’ve never went to Spalding. But man you’ve really got a warped sense of reality if you think anyone wouldn’t make spalding’s team. No reasonable person would ever send their kid to spalding because it’s an awful school with even worse lacrosse. It’s a shame the hawks/spalding experiment won’t work because of certain dads ineptitude.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
B_O_T_C #316382 11/29/20 08:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on Annapolis Area Christian? I know it's a very small school and probably not much for lax. My kid is a 2024 currently attending our zoned public HS (Old Mill). He's an excellent student, talented musician, and a solid lax player who wants to be recruited, but isn't exactly D1 material. I looked over the AACS marketing materials, and was impressed by the colleges the graduates have attended (i.e. every Ivy, service academies etc.) and 99% acceptance rate into 4 yr unis. Thanks for any feedback you have.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #316385 11/29/20 09:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pray a season happens this spring! All the kids work too hard for another season to be taken from them. If a season gets canceled would clubs just continue and have similar tournaments like the NHSLS on weekends with High school teams playing under another umbrella -
If so head coaches need to be allowed to coach teams

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316388 11/30/20 02:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pray a season happens this spring! All the kids work too hard for another season to be taken from them. If a season gets canceled would clubs just continue and have similar tournaments like the NHSLS on weekends with High school teams playing under another umbrella -
If so head coaches need to be allowed to coach teams

Right. Hopefully there could be a HOCO league or MMLL type league for school or club teams

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316392 11/30/20 07:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on Annapolis Area Christian? I know it's a very small school and probably not much for lax. My kid is a 2024 currently attending our zoned public HS (Old Mill). He's an excellent student, talented musician, and a solid lax player who wants to be recruited, but isn't exactly D1 material. I looked over the AACS marketing materials, and was impressed by the colleges the graduates have attended (i.e. every Ivy, service academies etc.) and 99% acceptance rate into 4 yr unis. Thanks for any feedback you have.
I am not sure I would rely on this forum for feedback on anything.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316400 11/30/20 09:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sad but true!

Like Reply Quote
Page 245 of 282 1 2 243 244 245 246 247 281 282