Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 01/20/21 08:03 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 01/20/21 07:19 PM
Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
by Anonymous - 01/20/21 07:17 PM
2021 Boys NY Showcase Roster & Live Stream Link
by Anonymous - 01/20/21 06:32 PM
New England Prep School Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 01/20/21 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,202
Posts280,236
Members2,237
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 474 of 478 1 2 472 473 474 475 476 477 478
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #316335 11/28/20 01:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
6 thousand dollars per team

To which league or event are you referring?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #316337 11/28/20 02:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
6 thousand dollars per team

WHAT$$$$$$$$

That is less than some HS Coaches charge for tournaments held at their HS.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
B_O_T_C #316338 11/28/20 02:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you get info about showcase teams, what teams are from this area?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #316373 11/29/20 04:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
6 thousand dollars per team

WHAT$$$$$$$$

That is less than some HS Coaches charge for tournaments held at their HS.

Have any teams signed up

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #316475 12/01/20 08:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great event today at Cedar Creek Park ---Long Island Lax Showcase Fall Final----very organized ---mixed level of competition--fun--all kids played 3 games--games were live streamed ---my son loved it---played against some of his club teammates and some of his HS teammates---the coaches did a super job---plus the weather was perfect-last event for my kid for a while----let's hope we can figure this out and play a HS season in April.
Agreed great weather and a well run event. Unfortunately no exposure for the kids not yet committed but at least they got to play. Parents overall were great except for a few stunands who just don't understand that NO PLAYER OR PROSPECTIVE COACH EVER WANTS TO HEAR A PARENT YELLING AT A KID FROM THE SIDELINE.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #316485 12/01/20 10:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]New High School winter league starting up at Stony Brook, anyone know which HS are signing up


6k per team - nah

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #316522 12/01/20 07:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]New High School winter league starting up at Stony Brook, anyone know which HS are signing up


6k per team - nah

20 HS teams have signed up

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #316531 12/01/20 10:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great event today at Cedar Creek Park ---Long Island Lax Showcase Fall Final----very organized ---mixed level of competition--fun--all kids played 3 games--games were live streamed ---my son loved it---played against some of his club teammates and some of his HS teammates---the coaches did a super job---plus the weather was perfect-last event for my kid for a while----let's hope we can figure this out and play a HS season in April.
Agreed great weather and a well run event. Unfortunately no exposure for the kids not yet committed but at least they got to play. Parents overall were great except for a few stunands who just don't understand that NO PLAYER OR PROSPECTIVE COACH EVER WANTS TO HEAR A PARENT YELLING AT A KID FROM THE SIDELINE.

all of the games played were live streamed to college coaches and the film is available to the college coaches --I know of a few kids that received some interest from the games played --plus film was available to the players for an extra fee----it is what it is---.... another opportunity to play on film for future recruiting--------agreed about the parents-----truth with recruiting ----the parents go with the player ---not recruiting fallacy, kids have been dropped bc of crazy parents and kids have been dropped because of poor social media profiles ---truth not myth. As for uncommitted '22s---keep playing, training and acquiring more good film ---there is always room for talented players

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #316714 12/04/20 02:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great event today at Cedar Creek Park ---Long Island Lax Showcase Fall Final----very organized ---mixed level of competition--fun--all kids played 3 games--games were live streamed ---my son loved it---played against some of his club teammates and some of his HS teammates---the coaches did a super job---plus the weather was perfect-last event for my kid for a while----let's hope we can figure this out and play a HS season in April.
Agreed great weather and a well run event. Unfortunately no exposure for the kids not yet committed but at least they got to play. Parents overall were great except for a few stunands who just don't understand that NO PLAYER OR PROSPECTIVE COACH EVER WANTS TO HEAR A PARENT YELLING AT A KID FROM THE SIDELINE.

all of the games played were live streamed to college coaches and the film is available to the college coaches --I know of a few kids that received some interest from the games played --plus film was available to the players for an extra fee----it is what it is---.... another opportunity to play on film for future recruiting--------agreed about the parents-----truth with recruiting ----the parents go with the player ---not recruiting fallacy, kids have been dropped bc of crazy parents and kids have been dropped because of poor social media profiles ---truth not myth. As for uncommitted '22s---keep playing, training and acquiring more good film ---there is always room for talented players

Truth. Advice from a former player and coach. Parents; sit there, stop coaching, support the entire team not just your kid and be glad they're out there. I am amazed at how bad the parents behavior has gotten on the sidelines of youth sports.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #317094 12/10/20 08:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also have a question about Showcases (e.g., Main Stage, Juniors Open, Five Star, etc). From what I see on social media, a lot of very talented and deserving players get invited. I also notice numerous players, just as talented, never get invited. First, Im not talking about my own kid. My kid is in third grade. Im asking as I coach club in a non-hotbed area and parents ask me all the time how to get their kid invited - hence my question to you all. It seems it is not just talent that matters but connections. Politics. Anyone that can provide helpful opinions as to the selection process would be appreciated. Do they just look at Under Armour teams and start With that list to invite? Also, in a COVID world, is a lack of invites to said showcases going to significantly reduce someone's chance of being recruited? Or do they not carry that much weight and more of a money grab/fun experience?Thank you

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax
B_O_T_C #317113 12/10/20 11:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I also have a question about Showcases (e.g., Main Stage, Juniors Open, Five Star, etc). From what I see on social media, a lot of very talented and deserving players get invited. I also notice numerous players, just as talented, never get invited. First, Im not talking about my own kid. My kid is in third grade. Im asking as I coach club in a non-hotbed area and parents ask me all the time how to get their kid invited - hence my question to you all. It seems it is not just talent that matters but connections. Politics. Anyone that can provide helpful opinions as to the selection process would be appreciated. Do they just look at Under Armour teams and start With that list to invite? Also, in a COVID world, is a lack of invites to said showcases going to significantly reduce someone's chance of being recruited? Or do they not carry that much weight and more of a money grab/fun experience?Thank you

It's a combination of everything from my expiernce. Talent Matters, Connections Matter!!! If you have a kid with top teir talent and send a video in, chances are they will take him. The top showcases want as many top kids as they can get. It's also who you know and who is running the showcase. If there are a few kids who are equal or just about equal they will take who they know. As for money grabs... it's all opinion. What's a money grab to one may be of value to another. At the end of the day it is all about making money for all these showcases. Remember, the college coaches get paid to attend most of these showcases.
Everyone will have different opinions but it comes down to being seen. doesn't matter how they see your kid, as long as they see him. Right now everything is video.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #317124 12/10/20 01:12 PM
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 20
L
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
L
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 20
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I also have a question about Showcases (e.g., Main Stage, Juniors Open, Five Star, etc). From what I see on social media, a lot of very talented and deserving players get invited. I also notice numerous players, just as talented, never get invited. First, Im not talking about my own kid. My kid is in third grade. Im asking as I coach club in a non-hotbed area and parents ask me all the time how to get their kid invited - hence my question to you all. It seems it is not just talent that matters but connections. Politics. Anyone that can provide helpful opinions as to the selection process would be appreciated. Do they just look at Under Armour teams and start With that list to invite? Also, in a COVID world, is a lack of invites to said showcases going to significantly reduce someone's chance of being recruited? Or do they not carry that much weight and more of a money grab/fun experience?Thank you

It's a combination of everything from my expiernce. Talent Matters, Connections Matter!!! If you have a kid with top teir talent and send a video in, chances are they will take him. The top showcases want as many top kids as they can get. It's also who you know and who is running the showcase. If there are a few kids who are equal or just about equal they will take who they know. As for money grabs... it's all opinion. What's a money grab to one may be of value to another. At the end of the day it is all about making money for all these showcases. Remember, the college coaches get paid to attend most of these showcases.
Everyone will have different opinions but it comes down to being seen. doesn't matter how they see your kid, as long as they see him. Right now everything is video.

Agreed. The UnD1sputed Showcase is also another right here on the island.

But for those looking to do a showcase this winter and be seen via video by d1 scouts and in person top d2/3 colleges, the NY Showcase seems like a good event.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
B_O_T_C #317269 12/12/20 02:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Todays HS games at Stonybrook got canceled

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #317286 12/13/20 08:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Todays HS games at Stonybrook got canceled

Well at least the boys got a week in. I guess you have to be outside to practice this winter.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #317297 12/13/20 03:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Todays HS games at Stonybrook got canceled

Well at least the boys got a week in. I guess you have to be outside to practice this winter.

Did they find a new location?

Like Reply Quote
Page 474 of 478 1 2 472 473 474 475 476 477 478
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard
BOTC SPONSORS

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4