BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21
Re: Girls 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They all try to poach from one another. This is the last push. After this year the kids usually stay. Jesters doing a great job of recruiting. They will take full teams! The 2023 YJ team is half Igloo. Tough business.

There are 8 or 9 former igloo players in YJ Thorn/Colbert roster out of 24.
Last year of this type stuff then it’s about kids getting recruited not as many care who wins I agree igloo was better

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They should’ve taken more Colbert girls. They always crushed Thorn.

Again you need to be corrected. Igloo won nationals by a point and the following year yj won. This is a 2025 thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Igloo team beat Thorn 5 straight before losing a 1 goal game to Thorn. Igloo had a few studs but Thorn was deeper; now that they combined into one super team they apparently are pretty good lol. hence the #1 ranking.
however can we end the 23 talk; this is a 25 chat.
And right now in 25 it’s fair to say YJ has the top 3 teams on long island and TG is a close 4th.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's comical that some people think YJ Spallina is not the top 2025 team. By far the best team on LI in this age group, top 3 team in the country.....with JS now turning his attention to this team, his boys teams not demanding his constant attention, they are only getting better. The top college programs will be knocking down this teams door when the time comes. IQ and stick skills on another level. JS coaching connections going to benefit this group as well.........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you people really care that much who has a better 8th grade girls team. It’s about getting better and getting recruited

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's comical that some people think YJ Spallina is not the top 2025 team. By far the best team on LI in this age group, top 3 team in the country.....with JS now turning his attention to this team, his boys teams not demanding his constant attention, they are only getting better. The top college programs will be knocking down this teams door when the time comes. IQ and stick skills on another level. JS coaching connections going to benefit this group as well.........

Hmmm. Most can’t stand him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just like every YJ team before them, top team on LI, top 5 in nation, the top 10 players on the team can chose wherever they want to play. But the college coach connection goes through CR not JS. And good thing, as mentioned above, not well liked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes if your daughter isn’t on his team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Daughter isnt on his team and Iunfortunately 100% agree with all of this lmao

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They all try to poach from one another. This is the last push. After this year the kids usually stay. Jesters doing a great job of recruiting. They will take full teams! The 2023 YJ team is half Igloo. Tough business.

TG will grab kids from Janelli and LOmo opportunity to be on an A team BC kids won’t get enough looks from Top schools

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG doesn’t deserve a shot at Spallina after the fall league, but after the past 2 weekends in Maryland that might change. After Beating Pride (pride tied M&D), losing to M&D by 2, and Hero’s by 3 it might be time for Spallina to give them a shot.
TG doesn’t deserve a shot at Spallina after the fall league, but after the past 2 weekends in Maryland that might change. After Beating Pride (pride tied M&D), losing to M&D by 2, and Hero’s by 3 it might be time for Spallina to give them a shot.

Slop Guns should try to beat Jabroni & Lame-O first before they start calling out Spalina.

Spalina beats Jabroni by double digits even with that new roster he poached.

Lame-O beating is probably worse.

No one is ducking any of these teams.

Hearing SS trying to help poach YJ LOMO/Jan players to TG. From two different people

TG will be too 2/3 very soon

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]TG doesn’t deserve a shot at Spallina after the fall league, but after the past 2 weekends in Maryland that might change. After Beating Pride (pride tied M&D), losing to M&D by 2, and Hero’s by 3 it might be time for Spallina to give them a shot.

Slop Guns should try to beat Jabroni & Lame-O first before they start calling out Spalina.

Hearing SS trying to help poach YJ LOMO/Jan players to TG. From two different people

Making moves this winter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]TG doesn’t deserve a shot at Spallina after the fall league, but after the past 2 weekends in Maryland that might change. After Beating Pride (pride tied M&D), losing to M&D by 2, and Hero’s by 3 it might be time for Spallina to give them a shot.

Making moves this winter
Believe it when I see it but I know they are talking w top kids on YJ 2nd team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You really think YJ B teams will leave? Isn’t it getting kind of late? I also noticed that YJ D1commits run 40-45 deep. I’m sure they have multiple B level players that play high level D1. I’m not saying you’re wrong. I think it’s an interesting debate and a tough decision for a player / parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t think anyone denies that Spallina is the top 2025 team in the country / Long Island. I just think kids / coaches and parents would enjoy playing them. What’s the big deal? Spallina beats Lomo, TG and Janelli by 15 goals. Who cares. Move on. Just play the games. It would be great for Spallina kids too. Let them show their stuff to everyone in their grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What kind of moves?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Making moves this winter

I don’t think those four girls she’s “training” this weekend will jump ship. All talk and positioning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone looking for their final home before HS starts. Someone said that YJ Janelli / Lomo girls will start leaving to get on A teams for recruiting purposes. Not sure if that’s true. You see how many D1 kids YJ has? They have 45-50 kids! So they go well into B team. I don’t consider them having a C team. Those are 2 B teams. Interesting to see what happens in the Nxt 6 months.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that the same four that jumped last year from another team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Making moves this winter

I don’t think those four girls she’s “training” this weekend will jump ship. All talk and positioning.

It Is happenning

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Making moves this winter

It Is happenning

I'd love to hear more about this and where your inside baseball info comes from. Seems more like a disgruntled dad who has something to gain from "these four" leaving than anyone with some actual insight into the situation. Maybe you should get a stick in your kid's hand a bit more, or just let her stick with field hockey and be done with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting to say the least. I guess we’ll see what happens. Btw YJ Spalina team is ranked #1 2025 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG will grab kids from Janelli and LOmo opportunity to be on an A team BC kids won’t get enough looks from Top schools

Don’t be so sure TG is grabbing anyone and don’t let the fall league foul you. They had a good fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No doubt in my mind some parents will move their kids laterally...yawn. Some legitimate reasons, practice locale too far, no local friends on the team, too many from one town. The delusions are daughter is too good for the team, x team is marginally better, coach doesn't see the talent I see in my kid. Good luck. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No doubt in my mind some parents will move their kids laterally...yawn. Some legitimate reasons, practice locale too far, no local friends on the team, too many from one town. The delusions are daughter is too good for the team, x team is marginally better, coach doesn't see the talent I see in my kid. Good luck. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out...

Makes one team better while taking from a competitor

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop...they are lateral moves and others will fill their void...likely improving chemistry along the way. Grass is grass on either side of the fence. Everyone knows TG best girl is leaving, a few from Lomo and Janelli. And in some cases addition by subtraction. A tired, overplayed girl with uber pressure is a falling star...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post and so true.....ultimately I would leave it up to my kid. My only suggestions to my children when it comes to club teams and college is one thing....go to a place where you can play. Who wants to travel to MD in July to watch other kids play? I know a lot of people say you have to work harder and beat that kid out, but sometimes it’s not realistic. The journey ends when you’re 22. Get on the field! Build relationships and most importantly, earn your degree. Don’t worry about divisions. No one making millions playing lax. The most an overwhelming majority will make is 75 bucks for a private lax session.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure who you mean with the best girl leaving. They don’t have one dominant player. I saw them 2 times this fall and my daughters friend plays on the team. They got some good players but no one looked like a freak.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What position does she play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Midfield.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG parent here......if you asked 6 parents who the best middie on the team is, you would probably get 6 different answers. Same with attack and defense. It’s a very balanced team. They’ve had players so many different players step up in different games. Either way, I hope we don’t lose a great player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHAT A WEEKEND!! SS training 4 of the top girls from YJ hoping to get them to come to TG, and TG best player is leaving? Kids move around all the time.....SS training the YJ kids is a little far fetched.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is it far fetched. She was the best women’s player ever hands down

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jen Adams say hello

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is it far fetched. She was the best women’s player ever hands down

While Shannon was a fabulous player , she was never considered the best women’s player ever. It’s arguable that she was even the best player ever from Long Island.
Apuzzo
Ortega
Hoeg
Just to mention a few that have all played in the last few years from LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kathleen Mikowski

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SS is definitely one of the best players of all time. I just find it hard to believe that a D1 college coach, who’s one of the all time greats would be sneaking around trying to poach 13 year old girls. But you could be right....anything goes in the world of youth sports!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Shannon Smith train some Janelli girls at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Bunch of sheep, go tear your teams apart looking for the mole while the whole time it’s some keyboard cowboy attacking your team’s insecurities and inadequacies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for clearing that up! The rumors are going to always be there. Sad thing is when coaches bring over a group of girls and they all make the team or they all start even though they all don’t deserve it. Happens all the time. If that Janelli crew goes to TG they will all walk into starting positions. No questions asked. Happens at every program. They bring whole teams over and throw the leftovers on the lower levels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best player of all time? Could be an argument who best WB player was. Some good ones from WB. Appuzzo and smith both tewarten winners.

Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard