BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 53 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 52 53
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Question. How does any team stack a roster? 25 kids per team get to be on a roster for WSYL. If teams have 25 or more, which seems like they all do. How do kids get added. Do teams actually tell kids who are on the team, your are not coming with us.
You don't think they are going to change that. Wait and see. Why do you think the clubs all took that many kids.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s see. what’s the answer to that question?
A) they care about 29 kids so much, they want them to develop into good lax players.

B) 12 kids could get hurt, so 18 are left. That’s a great number.

C) 29 kids were so good at tryouts, unable to go under that number.

D) 29 tuitions is 20 grand more revenue then 24 tuitions.

Im going with answer D

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s see. what’s the answer to that question?
A) they care about 29 kids so much, they want them to develop into good lax players.

B) 12 kids could get hurt, so 18 are left. That’s a great number.

C) 29 kids were so good at tryouts, unable to go under that number.

D) 29 tuitions is 20 grand more revenue then 24 tuitions.

Im going with answer D

This is isnt PAL. Like it or not travel lacrosse is a business. What kind of person would turn down money for his business. If people are willing to pay 4K to sit on the bench and not play that’s on them. Not the club owners. Would you tell them “sorry.....I can’t take your money. You probably won’t pay much.” Of course you wouldn’t. You think Mike C is bad? He’s nothing compared to Carol Rose. Carol Rose has been doing this for years and making a fortune. She has 5-6 teams in some age groups !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 going all the way again this year at the WSYL, which will make it #4 world championships for 91. The acquisition of the 2024 Wolfpack goalie solidified it. A total stud between the pipes. The result is now a forgone conclusion. Good luck to the teams competing for the runner up spot. But be careful what you wish for, because it IS going to be ugly!

The WP goalie looks impressive and puts on a good show, but it's a show and that is it. The other WP goalie is much better, makes a lot more saves with less showboating and safer clears. 91 will need more than that kid to make a difference.

The boy that’s playing for the 2025 team starts every game for the Wolfpack. I highly doubt that he plays second fiddle to anyone on that team. Definitely one of the elite 2024 goalies.

Doubt all you want, but smart coaches put the better goalie in the 2H when there is less time to hold a lead or stage a comeback.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question. How does any team stack a roster? 25 kids per team get to be on a roster for WSYL. If teams have 25 or more, which seems like they all do. How do kids get added. Do teams actually tell kids who are on the team, your are not coming with us.
You don't think they are going to change that. Wait and see. Why do you think the clubs all took that many kids.

Yes, they tell kids they are not going. And those people actually stay on the team thinking they’ll kid will start one. So funny.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I’m no saint. I’m no mother Teresa. Not by a long shot. I’m also not heartless. Running a business requires a certain degree of integrity. Imagine this conversation to a few families. Our team qualified for the World Series, we are so excited to go, however your son is unable to attend. We are adding 4 kids, not on the team, so we need to slash our roster. Can you imagine having 4 of those conversations? Can you imagine the hurt those kids would have? Being on the team for 8 months, some kids years, practicing, friendships etc. I would want to win as a coach, yes. But I’d rather lose than have to do that. That to me is as bad as it gets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You think they care about how the kid feels? They care about saying "We competed at WSYL' so they can expand their program next year and cash even more checks. And if a kid leaves, there are 10 more right behind him. A team, B team, C-team......Z team. Cha Ching! Thanks and come again!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I’m no saint. I’m no mother Teresa. Not by a long shot. I’m also not heartless. Running a business requires a certain degree of integrity. Imagine this conversation to a few families. Our team qualified for the World Series, we are so excited to go, however your son is unable to attend. We are adding 4 kids, not on the team, so we need to slash our roster. Can you imagine having 4 of those conversations? Can you imagine the hurt those kids would have? Being on the team for 8 months, some kids years, practicing, friendships etc. I would want to win as a coach, yes. But I’d rather lose than have to do that. That to me is as bad as it gets.

That's why they will likely have 2 teams entered. A top team and a second team. No one feels left out, possibly both qualify, but only one has a real chance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you have 29 kids on the team, at least 5 are never playing. They already know where they stand. Don't forget, holdbacks can't go. That could mean your 29 man roster is really only 20.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They will expand the roster for WSYL...More $ for everyone.... Body By Jake gets paid, directors get paid, kids get hosed. Nicely done. Soon it will be 2 age groups every year at WSYL...oh wait, it already is, for this year. The WSYL is a glorified playdate with a much bigger price tag. But you get that "free" Warp mini. Sooooooooooooooooooooo lame

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody has sent 2 teams that I remember.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They will expand the roster for WSYL...More $ for everyone.... Body By Jake gets paid, directors get paid, kids get hosed. Nicely done. Soon it will be 2 age groups every year at WSYL...oh wait, it already is, for this year. The WSYL is a glorified playdate with a much bigger price tag. But you get that "free" Warp mini. Sooooooooooooooooooooo lame

Some teams need to trim the fat. Max roster is 23, plus 2 goalies. So a roster of 28-30 will need to cut 25% of their roster, or more if they are looking to add new talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is planning on it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL will expand the roster size. The directors are already lobbying for it. "Cuting fat" is cutting profit. Not gonna happen. Just be glad the "event" is in DC this yr and not Denver...and that's even if it happens due to Covid. Flipside: if that happens they will have 3 age groups in 2022... Lovely. Thats alot of T shirts.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they are at 26, not sure about 25

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they are at 26, not sure about 25
Some programs have tried to qualify with 2 teams, just hasn't worked out. Now with fat rosters there will be more. Or WSYL will cave and allow teams 30 players. Win Win for clubs and WSYL, more players = more $$$$, that's all it's about. Why do you think the WSYL was created anyway? Generate revenue. Oh wait my bad, it's about the kids, says the director as he's telling you he has 10 more kids who want to join your team. Congratulations you've been played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 going all the way again this year at the WSYL, which will make it #4 world championships for 91. The acquisition of the 2024 Wolfpack goalie solidified it. A total stud between the pipes. The result is now a forgone conclusion. Good luck to the teams competing for the runner up spot. But be careful what you wish for, because it IS going to be ugly!

The WP goalie looks impressive and puts on a good show, but it's a show and that is it. The other WP goalie is much better, makes a lot more saves with less showboating and safer clears. 91 will need more than that kid to make a difference.

The boy that’s playing for the 2025 team starts every game for the Wolfpack. I highly doubt that he plays second fiddle to anyone on that team. Definitely one of the elite 2024 goalies.

Doubt all you want, but smart coaches put the better goalie in the 2H when there is less time to hold a lead or stage a comeback.

You’re obviously not a lacrosse coach. Teams always start their best in hopes of getting the lead and then put the 2nd string guy in, to try to hold it. Worst case scenario, coach can always go back to the starter if he needs to. Or just leave him in the whole game, if the starter is red hot. So coach has several options by starting best goalie. That’s how it works in lacrosse, my friend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL will expand the roster size. The directors are already lobbying for it. "Cuting fat" is cutting profit. Not gonna happen. Just be glad the "event" is in DC this yr and not Denver...and that's even if it happens due to Covid. Flipside: if that happens they will have 3 age groups in 2022... Lovely. Thats alot of T shirts.....

I would expect that they keep 7th and 8th grade years ongoing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re obviously not a lacrosse coach. Teams always start their best in hopes of getting the lead and then put the 2nd string guy in, to try to hold it. Worst case scenario, coach can always go back to the starter if he needs to. Or just leave him in the whole game, if the starter is red hot. So coach has several options by starting best goalie. That’s how it works in lacrosse, my friend.

You better talk to Brian Spallina or Jimmy Mule and set them straight. They’ve got it all wrong according to you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They obviously do have it all wrong as their 2025 team is garbage

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would expect that they keep 7th and 8th grade years ongoing.

I think MD teams will win both 2025 and 2026 this year. Many clubs down there are going all in to do a full sweep of title.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does all in mean? So Long Island teams aren’t all in? Are they half in? Are they 3/4 in?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does all in mean? So Long Island teams aren’t all in? Are they half in? Are they 3/4 in?

They are adding all-star players to replace the large holes of older aged holdbacks. Plus the quality of players and clubs appears to be stronger than LI. So the combination of those two factors is going to make it very hard for LI to do anything but lose this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just the tip

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are adding all-star players to replace the large holes of older aged holdbacks. Plus the quality of players and clubs appears to be stronger than LI. So the combination of those two factors is going to make it very hard for LI to do anything but lose this year.

That's why they play the games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is LI doing to be competitive this year at WS? Nothing. You will be embarrassed as MD rocks your fragile LI bubble.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rocks your fragile LI bubble. Please pay attention during your classroom zoom class kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of bubble.... The Covid bubble is gonna burst and all of your hopes and dreams will go up in smoke. Maybe your kid can take up an instrument. Its good to see that uneducated, illiterate half-wits are all over the map, not just isolated to 1 "bubble". You clowns all belong to the same circus. Now dance for us clowns, DANCE!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of bubble.... The Covid bubble is gonna burst and all of your hopes and dreams will go up in smoke. Maybe your kid can take up an instrument. Its good to see that uneducated, illiterate half-wits are all over the map, not just isolated to 1 "bubble". You clowns all belong to the same circus. Now dance for us clowns, DANCE!!!!

What IS that? What kind of sickness do you have with dancing clowns. All I have to say is you are going to be in a world of hurt come July and that 5 hour drive home is going to be long and sad. You should make sure to pack a box of tissues.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You better talk to Brian Spallina or Jimmy Mule and set them straight. They’ve got it all wrong according to you.

You’ll be lucky is Mule even shows up for the WS. This is the same guy that had a family BBQ and skipped the NLF. Brian Spallina will probably have to wash his hair that weekend so he won’t be able to fill in.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s up with Team 24. Are they still Nassau and Suffolk, or is it all shifted out to Suffolk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any solid B team options in Nassau or West Suffolk?

When you say B team so you mean a 2nd team at a club or a single club team like True Blue and the Turtles that compete on the B level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any solid B team options in Nassau or West Suffolk?

When you say B team so you mean a 2nd team at a club or a single club team like True Blue and the Turtles that compete on the B level

Stay away from true blue. The team fell apart just like most of the other teams in the true blue program. When programs teams fall apart at all ages it’s not the kids faults but the directors will forever blame everyone else but themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91’s B team looked decent this fall. We played them twice and they beat us twice. We had beaten them last year. Maybe reach out to them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know of any winter leagues going on this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is LI doing to be competitive this year at WS? Nothing. You will be embarrassed as MD rocks your fragile LI bubble.

They say this every year and every year Long Island wins. The only finals Maryland got into was the first year when they let some holdbacks play. 91 from Long Island still crushed the Crabs that year. I agree Long Island can’t win every year but up until now they have proven to be the best. All the talk won’t change that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91’s B team looked decent this fall. We played them twice and they beat us twice. We had beaten them last year. Maybe reach out to them?
Does 91 have 3 teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91's 2025 A team is awful so not sure how their B team beat your team ....that's saying a lot for whatever team you're son is on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, they are good. The better 2nd teams are 91, Express and Rush. They are all organized, have good coaches, and that will translate into a positive experience. All might not win every game, but the commitment and is there. Igloo and Shore to Shore have 2nd teams, but don’t know much about them. The rest of the 2nd teams you probably want to do your research on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, only 2

Page 18 of 53 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 52 53

Link Copied to Clipboard