BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Re: Boys Spring 2013 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

and did it with class

not sure what class had to do with it, Port played very well and Syo did not, Port was the better team, but they did not wear tuxedos or sip tea with a pinky protruded out so it seems like you are implying something and I am not sure what it is. Although one of the port coaches did a gesture with both hands pulling across the chest like Hulk Hogan, is that the class you are referring to?

Petro is not easy going when it comes to goalies as we saw with this year's "open competition".

Don't lose sight of this fact: Regardless of how the lax works out, the kid is getting an education from Hopkins... In the end, that's really all that matters. They all stop playing at some point. Be respectful, wish the young man well.

It's a graet accomplishment to be accepted to JHU and to play sports on top of that is to be commended

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and did it with class

not sure what class had to do with it, Port played very well and Syo did not, Port was the better team, but they did not wear tuxedos or sip tea with a pinky protruded out so it seems like you are implying something and I am not sure what it is. Although one of the port coaches did a gesture with both hands pulling across the chest like Hulk Hogan, is that the class you are referring to?

Petro is not easy going when it comes to goalies as we saw with this year's "open competition".

Don't lose sight of this fact: Regardless of how the lax works out, the kid is getting an education from Hopkins... In the end, that's really all that matters. They all stop playing at some point. Be respectful, wish the young man well.

It's a graet accomplishment to be accepted to JHU and to play sports on top of that is to be commended

More importantly the kid is one of the nicest ,smartest most well rounded kids you'll ever encounter and from a great family. Much more important to any parent that your kid be a good person than lacrosse at the end of the day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck R you'll do fine down there! Thanks for ther memories!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and did it with class

bitter are you? what i meant is that Port played a clean game and "Syo" did not. They showed poor sportsmanship on the field and in the bleachers. so funny how you become so twisted and hot and bothered by 5 simple stated words. great imagination though.....

The penalties late in the game were for slashing, the Syo kids were trying to get the ball in an attempt to win the game, these were not punches or late hits after a goal, these were lacrosse plays that were penalties (and deserved to be called) but personally I would not consider them dirty or classless or an attempt to injure, I think desperate would be a better word.

The inebriated Port spectator/student threw a punch at a Syosset player is not a reflection on the Port team but some might consider that act classless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and did it with class

More importantly the kid is one of the nicest ,smartest most well rounded kids you'll ever encounter and from a great family. Much more important to any parent that your kid be a good person than lacrosse at the end of the day.

Maybe he should mentor that 9th gr port goalie who is an all around punk. Any team who has played them can tell you that. Even in MS lax saw him do some really disrespectful things to the opposing teams. Bad attitude and bad sportsmanship, can only get worse unless someone interferes. It's too bad, wasted talent. Lets hope he turns it around

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and did it with class

No that head coach from Port is still bitter that he couldn't scheme his way into the Syosset head coaching job and had to go wherever he could to get a head coaching position. So instead you now have a 40 something year old aduld chastising a bunch of 15,16and 17 year old kids that were upset about loosing a game. Even worse is that this is the school that is his bread and butter as a Syosset teacher, his own community that he lives in and these are the kids and families that he is "friends" with. Yes that's classy. Most people in the community were on to him, but at least those who weren't got to see it last night as well as his former players that left moere upset last night over his behavior than over losing that game. Pathetic!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and did it with class

bitter are you? what i meant is that Port played a clean game and "Syo" did not. They showed poor sportsmanship on the field and in the bleachers. so funny how you become so twisted and hot and bothered by 5 simple stated words. great imagination though.....

The penalties late in the game were for slashing, the Syo kids were trying to get the ball in an attempt to win the game, these were not punches or late hits after a goal, these were lacrosse plays that were penalties (and deserved to be called) but personally I would not consider them dirty or classless or an attempt to injure, I think desperate would be a better word.

The inebriated Port spectator/student threw a punch at a Syosset player is not a reflection on the Port team but some might consider that act classless.

First of all the "inebriated port spectator" was not inebriated. Second he got in a little rousing argument with the syosset players. One syosset player took exception to the spectators comments and made a threating move to the spectator. The spectator for whatever reason popped the syosset player. Coaches /other spectators broke up the argument quickly. Enough said. Player upset over loss and spectator doing to much trash talking...No reflection on either community.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and did it with class

No that head coach from Port is still bitter that he couldn't scheme his way into the Syosset head coaching job and had to go wherever he could to get a head coaching position. So instead you now have a 40 something year old aduld chastising a bunch of 15,16and 17 year old kids that were upset about loosing a game. Even worse is that this is the school that is his bread and butter as a Syosset teacher, his own community that he lives in and these are the kids and families that he is "friends" with. Yes that's classy. Most people in the community were on to him, but at least those who weren't got to see it last night as well as his former players that left moere upset last night over his behavior than over losing that game. Pathetic!

Who wrote this???? This doesnt represent the communities feelings. For all of syosset, I apologize to the coach of Port. I am embarrrased somebody would write this. We lost a lacrosse game that is it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and did it with class

Lets not forget what this is about - the players. Coaches were never mentioned - dont even go there - I am talking about sportsmanship on the part of the players. Stop being a hater and move on. done deal

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what are you talking about? He left syosset for reasons that most people could easily figure out. Instead of bashing someone else on this site..I'd rather have some class and refrain from saying exactly why he left. But one thing for sure is that the community is behind him in that decision. He has children who play lacrosse in the town and is extremely active in the youth league. He has dedicated more time and energy to the town of syosset. There was no chastising going on..to say there was is an incredible defamation of character. He has spoken to most of the kids on the team and parents and they have congratulated him just as he did last year when they won. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Be careful what you say on this site..

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what are you talking about? He left syosset for reasons that most people could easily figure out. Instead of bashing someone else on this site..I'd rather have some class and refrain from saying exactly why he left. But one thing for sure is that the community is behind him in that decision. He has children who play lacrosse in the town and is extremely active in the youth league. He has dedicated more time and energy to the town of syosset. There was no chastising going on..to say there was is an incredible defamation of character. He has spoken to most of the kids on the team and parents and they have congratulated him just as he did last year when they won. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Be careful what you say on this site..

This whole thing has gotten way out of hand. I would assume the coach left for an opportunity to head coach as opposed to being an assistant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you talking about? He left for reasons that anyone could easily figure out. Rather than bash someone else on this site I would rather have some class and refrain from saying exactly why he left. He has dedicated more time and energy to the town of Syosset and is extremely active in the youth league. He has children in the district and will always support Syosset. Anyone who knows him will tell you that. There was no chastising going on. That would absolutley never happen from him. Most of the players and parents have congratulated him on this win just as he did last year when they won. Please be careful what you say on this site. That was a gross example of defamation of character.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What behavior are you referring to? I saw a coach truly happy that his team won and that all of their practice and dedication paid off to be getting to a championship game. and then hugging most of the kids from syosset on the line. A mutual respect...what game were you watching?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SYO Parent here, do not bash TR. He is a good guy in all aspects of life, not just LAX. Why he left Syo to go to Port is his business. He has done a lot for Sylax and continues to do. He still teaches in district, his kids go to school in the district and he coaches football as well. Syo people can be upset but only because Port was the better team. They came to play, they won the FO game, they won the GB game etc. Yes I agree that some of the calls that went against Syo were thin, but thats the game, live with it. Congrats to Port and TR and beat Massapequa

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word from Hofstra?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does it matter anyway .....Rooney and his crew are going to lose by 10 to 'Pequa!!!

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Language Violations
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to the guy calling the Port goalie a "punk" - you're big tough "anonymous" man aren't you? no wonder. Calling out specific players is just so wrong.

you know nothing about nothing

get a life

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Thursday, May 23rd Results

Suffolk Class B Playoffs

Huntington (2) over Sayville (6), 8-7
Miller Place (5) upsets Comsewogue (1), 9-7

Suffolk Class C Playoffs

Shoreham-Wading River (1) over Glenn (4), 19-2 (13-0 Halftime)
Bayport-Blue Point (3) over Babylon (2), 12-9

CHSAA Class AAA Playoffs

Chaminade over St. Anthony's, 7-5

Highlights

Huntington 8, Sayville 7: Billy Martin scored off an assist from Chris Schoen with :05 left to break a 7-7 tie and give No. 2 Huntington (14-3) over No. 6 Sayville in the semifinals of the Suffolk Class B Playoffs. Pat Reilly scored the tying goal off an assist from Connor Birchard with 3:18 left. Martin had three goals and an assist and Reilly had two goals and an assist. Huntington will face No. 5 Miller Place in the final on Wednesday at Stony brook at 5 p.m.

Chaminade 7, St. Anthony's 5: Ryan Lukacovic scored a goal with four assists and Dan Fowler made 10 saves as Chaminade won its first CHSAA Class AAA title since 2008. Brian Pratt added three goals for the Flyers (15-3), who won all three meetings between the two rivals. Dylan Molloy scored two goals with an assist for the Friars (14-5) who had won the last four AAA championships.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and did it with class

First of all the "inebriated port spectator" was not inebriated. Second he got in a little rousing argument with the syosset players. One syosset player took exception to the spectators comments and made a threating move to the spectator. The spectator for whatever reason popped the syosset player. Coaches /other spectators broke up the argument quickly. Enough said. Player upset over loss and spectator doing to much trash talking...No reflection on either community.

Wow- we all thought he was drunk, it is sad if that is how he acts and communicates when he is not drunk . loud, incoherent and stupid is now way to go through life

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SYO Parent here, do not bash TR. He is a good guy in all aspects of life, not just LAX. Why he left Syo to go to Port is his business. He has done a lot for Sylax and continues to do. He still teaches in district, his kids go to school in the district and he coaches football as well. Syo people can be upset but only because Port was the better team. They came to play, they won the FO game, they won the GB game etc. Yes I agree that some of the calls that went against Syo were thin, but thats the game, live with it. Congrats to Port and TR and beat Massapequa

Who cares at this point, move on. Enough about the coaches Its about the players. Whatever was done is hopefully regretted and was done at the heat of the moment . On to see how the nassau county championship turns out. Much better topics out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I only know the Port coach thru the youth level. Our town play against his team in football . My son has done clinics by him and has played against his travel team he coaches. For someone to come on here and talk about him like that is horrible and inaccurate. I would entrust him to be my sons coach any time and I'm glad his team won . Out of all people to bad mouth he should be the last one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hating on TRoon not cool ! Fact is he worked hard to turn around a somewhat dysfunctional once proud lacrosse town. Congrats !!!!!! And for any Syo parent who has a negative word I bet you don't have the guts to say anything in front of him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any details from the Chaminade St. Anthony's game

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Any details from the Chaminade St. Anthony's game
Actually saw the match yesterday - the game became very physical in the second half and in particular the third quarter. Watching the replays on MSG Varsity last night, you could hear some of the checks (more like hits) and a number of ground balls were created with some aggressive (and quality) defensive stick checks from both sides.

In general, it felt as if Chaminade had the better of the second half possession. After a 4-2 halftime lead, Chaminade played an even third quarter trading goals with St. Anthony's to a 6-4 three-quarter score.

Other reports are welcomed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage that is pretty accurate. Well played game by both teams. Friars cut it to 5-4 at one point. Even late at 7-5 when they had to press out they got the defensive zone turnover but then turned it back over. As a Friar alum i painfully congratulate the Flyers on a great season. They played well all year. A well earned title for them. Two great programs. Two quality men in the head coaches. Honestly it is great for the rivalry too.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Friday, May 24th Results

Suffolk Class A Playoffs

Ward Melville (1) over Smithtown East (4), 14-6
Smithtown West (2) over Northport (3), 12-6

Highlights

Ward Melville 14, Smithtown East 6 : Jumping out to the three goal lead after the opening period, Ward Melville ran up an 8-3 halftime lead on hat-tricks from Mazzone and Hegarty.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Tuesday, May 28th Results

Nassau Class B Championship

Garden City (1) over Manhasset (2), 10-4

Nassau Class C Championship

Friends Academy (2) over Cold Spring Harbor (1), 9-4

Suffolk Class C Championship

Shoreham-Wading River (1) leads Bayport-Blue Point (3), 14-3, Halftime

Highlights

Will Sands went for three goals and four assists to lead Friends Academy (#2) over Cold Spring Harbor (#1) in the Nassau Class C Championship match.

Garden City (16-3) defeated Manhasset handily, 10-4, and will try to extend that streak in the Long Island Class B Championship on Saturday, June 1st against the winner of Wednesday night's Huntington-Miller Place Suffolk Class B title game. "We challenged our seniors all year and they stepped up," Garden City coach Steve Finnell said. "Justin is playing the best lacrosse of his career. He makes things happen." In four playoff games, Guterding, a Duke-bound senior who will attend prep school next year, has 15 goals and 11 assists. For the season, he has 87 points with 49 goals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Tuesday, May 28th Results

Highlights

Will Sands went for three goals and four assists to lead Friends Academy (#2) over Cold Spring Harbor (#1) in the Nassau Class C Championship match.

Garden City (16-3) defeated Manhasset handily, 10-4, and will try to extend that streak in the Long Island Class B Championship on Saturday, June 1st against the winner of Wednesday night's Huntington-Miller Place Suffolk Class B title game. "We challenged our seniors all year and they stepped up," Garden City coach Steve Finnell said. "Justin is playing the best lacrosse of his career. He makes things happen." In four playoff games, Guterding, a Duke-bound senior who will attend prep school next year, has 15 goals and 11 assists. For the season, he has 87 points with 49 goals.

WOW all blowouts!

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Tuesday, May 28th Results - Updates

Nassau Class A Championship First Half

Massapequa (1) leads Port Washington (3), 6-0, First Half

Nassau Class B Championship Half

Nassau Class C Championship Final

Suffolk Class C Championship Half Time

Highlights

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just watched Massapequa play Port since I haven't seen them play this year. Can move the ball however seemed very sloppy. The game was a blowout and Massapequa started subbing in the fourth quarter. However, I was very disappointed in the Massapequa coaching staff for putting their starting lineup in when Port received a penalty with 50 seconds in the game and again shooting with .7 seconds left. Will be an interesting game presumably against Ward Melville. Hopefully they won't be as sloppy.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Tuesday, May 28th Results - Finals

Nassau Class A Championship

Massapequa (1) defeats Port Washington (3), 16-3

Garden City (1) defeats Manhasset (2), 10-4

Friends Academy (2) upsets Cold Spring Harbor (1), 9-4

Shoreham-Wading River (1) defeats Bayport-Blue Point (3), 18-6

Highlights

Shoreham-Wading River 18, Bayport-Blue Point 6: Anthony Visintin and Tim Rotanz each scored four goals, and Ryan Bray had two goals and seven assists to lead No. 1 Shoreham-Wading River (17-1) over No. 3 Bayport-Blue Point in the Suffolk Class C final. Troy Miller added three goals and three assists, and Hunter Hayes two goals and two assists. The Wildcats will face Friends Academy for Long Island championship on Saturday, 4:30 p.m. at Hofstra.

Paul Dilena and Ian Kirby scored three goals each and Paul Bentz and Scott Pemberton each added two goals and an assist as the Chiefs crushed Port Washington, 16-3, Tuesday night at Hofstra's Shuart Stadium to win their first county title since 2006.

Massapequa (15-2) will face the winner of Wednesday night's Suffolk A title game between Ward Melville and Smithtown West for the Long Island championship at 7 p.m. on Saturday at Hofstra.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe I was watching a different game but I would say they were far from sloppy. The ball was moving well, the looks and feeds were sharp. The ball hit the ground a few times but I wouldn't say they were sloppy. They dominated the face off game, most any time the ball entered there zone the defense shut them down and took the ball away. I do agree that when they face WM they will need to be as close to perfect as possible.

Just watched Massapequa play Port since I haven't seen them play this year. Can move the ball however seemed very sloppy. The game was a blowout and Massapequa started subbing in the fourth quarter. However, I was very disappointed in the Massapequa coaching staff for putting their starting lineup in when Port received a penalty with 50 seconds in the game and again shooting with .7 seconds left. Will be an interesting game presumably against Ward Melville. Hopefully they won't be as sloppy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Port Parent here with no one on team, just a fan. Massapequa was deep and owned the faceoff X. Congrats to both teams on a great season, wish the game was a little closer but still a great night for two great schools. Good luck to Massapequa in the Long Island champs, represent Nassau County.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to agree with you. Poor sportmanship by Massapequa coach keeping in starters at the end and shooting on goal at end really ticked me off. Port was beaten and I felt bad for their kids on the field. I know some of the Pequa kids families and know some juniors did not get into game. I hope they got all the seniors rotated in. No reason for starters to be in at 4th quarter, Port was not coming back and game wasn't close. I could understand if you put starters in at last minute so they could be on field at end of game, but just move the ball and don't shoot. e=Anonymous]Just watched Massapequa play Port since I haven't seen them play this year. Can move the ball however seemed very sloppy. The game was a blowout and Massapequa started subbing in the fourth quarter. However, I was very disappointed in the Massapequa coaching staff for putting their starting lineup in when Port received a penalty with 50 seconds in the game and again shooting with .7 seconds left. Will be an interesting game presumably against Ward Melville. Hopefully they won't be as sloppy. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If anyone hears about Huntington-Miller Place score,
please let us know! Thanks!

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Wednesday, May 29th Results - Finals

Suffolk Class B Championship

Miller Place (5) defeats Huntington (2), 5-4

Highlights

Miller Place, the five seed, completed a magical season and county title run. The goal keeping for Miller Place and Huntington throughout the game but particularly in the fourth quarter was off-the-charts. The team wins their first County Championship under Keith Lizzi, head coach of this four year old program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to agree with you. Poor sportmanship by Massapequa coach keeping in starters at the end and shooting on goal at end really ticked me off. Port was beaten and I felt bad for their kids on the field. I know some of the Pequa kids families and know some juniors did not get into game. I hope they got all the seniors rotated in. No reason for starters to be in at 4th quarter, Port was not coming back and game wasn't close. I could understand if you put starters in at last minute so they could be on field at end of game, but just move the ball and don't shoot. e=Anonymous]Just watched Massapequa play Port since I haven't seen them play this year. Can move the ball however seemed very sloppy. The game was a blowout and Massapequa started subbing in the fourth quarter. However, I was very disappointed in the Massapequa coaching staff for putting their starting lineup in when Port received a penalty with 50 seconds in the game and again shooting with .7 seconds left. Will be an interesting game presumably against Ward Melville. Hopefully they won't be as sloppy.

[/quote]

From what I can see, no stopping Ward Melville this year. Would be shocked if they don't win State Championship. Pequa very good team, but no match. Prediction on all LIC's..
WM in a
GC in b
SWR in c

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
At the half in the Suffolk Class A Championship, Ward Melville (1) took the lead just before the halftime whistle, 5-4, over a stubborn Smithtown West (2) squad. Ward Melville has hit three pipes in the first half.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Ward Melville (1) pitched a shutout in the third quarter, extending their lead to 9-4 over Smithtown West (2). Ward Melville scored twice in a fifteen second span in the period. Smithtown West is having a very difficult time penetrating inside in order to get any quality shots.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Wednesday, May 29th Results - Finals

Suffolk Class A Championship

Ward Melville (1) over Smithtown West (2), 11-6

Suffolk Class B Championship

Miller Place (5) defeats Huntington (2), 5-4

Highlights

Miller Place, the five seed, completed a magical season and county title run. The goal keeping for Miller Place and Huntington throughout the game but particularly in the fourth quarter was off-the-charts. The team wins their first County Championship under Keith Lizzi, head coach of this four year old program.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard