BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 25 26
Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were also there and the competition was tough . Skywalkers, Top Guns, Capitol and Monster. Capital and Top Guns had some impressive finishers. . They are heading in the right direction. Always nice to play competitive teams. Look forward to mid atlantic.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got to see team 180 play at Mid Atlantic. They played Lakeshore a s really good players on both teams. Team 180 24 scheduled games with Md United and both M&D teams. Great experience for the girls. They too have some really good athletes that could play on top clubs in the East.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is LI Top Guns Black their A or B team? Same question for Hero’s Green and Capital Blue. Also who is Cav Lax? They looked very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is LI Top Guns Black their A or B team? Same question for Hero’s Green and Capital Blue. Also who is Cav Lax? They looked very good.

TG Black is A, Purple is B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a point of reference, the top teams based on summer and fall results would be M&D Black, Monster, NEMS, Hero's Green, CT Griz Navy, Sky Walkers Blue, Team 180, Capital...Yellow Jackets Wiener is in the mix, but was not able to play anyone in 2020

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG Black looked very good at The Chesapeake. Their team put up points, but like many of the Long Island teams it was 2-3 girls doing the scoring. What happened to that team at The Mid-Atlantic? They looked like 2 different teams. Looked like TG 24 team from the past couple of years They couldn't get anything going on offense or stop anything on defense. Seemed like a different coach at Mid ? We definitely heard coach at Chesapeake.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG Black looked very good at The Chesapeake. Their team put up points, but like many of the Long Island teams it was 2-3 girls doing the scoring. What happened to that team at The Mid-Atlantic? They looked like 2 different teams. Looked like TG 24 team from the past couple of years They couldn't get anything going on offense or stop anything on defense. Seemed like a different coach at Mid ? We definitely heard coach at Chesapeake.

They didn’t play anyone good. They are not close to competing with top A teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They didn’t play anyone good. They are not close to competing with top A teams.

Those teams were good enough, take your negativity to another thread please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not negativity. It’s truth. Play the top teams and then beat your chest

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's Fall Ball everybody relax! Teams added
new players to their rosters. The kids never ever played with each other before. That's why you saw 2-3 players scoring all the goals. Those kids were knew to their team or teams. Let's see how it pans out in the summer. Who knows? They may surprise you. Good luck to all!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know of good showcases to attend that are coming up? I know I may be late, but I am trying to find a good, local showcase for my daughter to get the experience and exposure as well. Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA and 180? What does that really mean? No disrespect to the hard-working players, but 180 players yes? it's a softer group all around than in the last. What's with the the 2024 girls teams and players? Is it only YJ and the 2025 teams that play lacrosse? I haven't seen nor heard one thing about the 2024 class. Is it that there are no decent teams or players that play lacrosse in that grade? Are there ANY up and coming teams or players look forward to seeing?
Good luck all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is a 2024 and we play for a smaller club and is one of the best on her team. People keep telling us that if she wants to play in college we should move clubs. What 2024 team is strong at this age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is a 2024 and we play for a smaller club and is one of the best on her team. People keep telling us that if she wants to play in college we should move clubs. What 2024 team is strong at this age group?

Others may laugh at this, but you should give Team 91 2024 Crossfire a look. The former 2021 coach just took over that squad in the fall and I don't know that any coach puts in more effort on behalf of each and every player. She's a great role model and great motivator, and is transforming the culture of that particular team (no comment on the rest of the 91 girls program). My daughter doesn't play for them, but trains with the current coach, and she's already getting great recruiting advice. If you try to move to one of the top teams at this point, your daughter might get buried on the bench or sent to a "B" team. Not sure how that helps her. So again, I'm recommending the team because of the coach and the support your daughter will get from her, not because of where the team sits in the pecking order of Long Island lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will your daughter try out for Under Armour or American Select? If she tries out for both, and makes both teams, which one will you select?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey there! I’m Sam Tilts, the coach of the 2024 Crossfire team referenced above. This was actually shared with me by a colleague, but I’m glad he sent it! Whoever wrote the reply about me, thank you so much! I’m on the hunt for you now 😂

If you’re interested in coming to a practice or training, feel free to email me at coachtilts.91lacrosse@gmail.com

Feel free to check us out on insta @91girlslax2024 or my personal training account @coachtilts

On another note, go where a coach works for you and where your kid gets the sense of being part of something more than just lacrosse. Find a place your daughter can grow while still loving the sport. Their mental growth, athletic growth, emotional growth, and academic growth are all important. Send your daughter wherever feels like a place she can be happy, pushed to her limits, but still enjoying the sport. At the end of the day, there is no point to playing if she isn’t happy. As tempting as it is, try not to let too much word of mouth (even about me) influence you as much as your daughters experiences. Every coach and team has a different vibe.

Best of luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey there! I’m Sam Tilts, the coach of the 2024 Crossfire team referenced above. This was actually shared with me by a colleague, but I’m glad he sent it! Whoever wrote the reply about me, thank you so much! I’m on the hunt for you now 😂

If you’re interested in coming to a practice or training, feel free to email me at coachtilts.91lacrosse@gmail.com

Feel free to check us out on insta @91girlslax2024 or my personal training account @coachtilts

On another note, go where a coach works for you and where your kid gets the sense of being part of something more than just lacrosse. Find a place your daughter can grow while still loving the sport. Their mental growth, athletic growth, emotional growth, and academic growth are all important. Send your daughter wherever feels like a place she can be happy, pushed to her limits, but still enjoying the sport. At the end of the day, there is no point to playing if she isn’t happy. As tempting as it is, try not to let too much word of mouth (even about me) influence you as much as your daughters experiences. Every coach and team has a different vibe.

Best of luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Second this. My daughter tried out for this team in August but didn’t make it. We were looking to leave our team after playing hers and seeing that she gave feedback to each kid when they left the field and my husband and I were impressed. Sadly my daughter didn’t make the team but even after the fact was send a list of drills and a paragraph of feedback from the coach. She even went as far as to reach out to her in social media to see how her fall went. I’m trying to get her in to do private lessons because at this age all I want is her to have a good role model. If she had made the team I would have not hesitated to move her from her current team (which has four teams for the 24 class) We plan to try out again next year and hope for different results.

Any other teams parents recommend if she doesn’t make this team again?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I second the reply about 91 2024 Crossfire. I saw the coach already posted but did not attach it to your original reply so you may need to scroll down to find it. This past summer my daughters club team played played the crossfire team and lost after the coach clearly told her players to stop scoring. The parents on the sideline said it was her first game with them which was alarming to me in the best of ways. She spent the entire game coaching with no play off. My daughter came off the field and asked me if she could try out because the coach gave every kid who came off the field feedback. Unfortunately my daughter did not make the team after going to a tryout. The coach did not simply post numbers of kids who made it but rather reached out to us, and I assume every other family, individually. Coach Sam sent us a drill list that paralleled her feedback for my daughter. When I tell you I was taken away by her professionalism and care for my daughter.... My daughter has played another fall with her club team which as the other reply mentioned has four teams for the 2024 grad year. We are just as upset to have not made the team as we were this August, but she plans to try again this summer.

I'd also look into some of those teams labeled as "elite." They often have way over two lines for positions and will make as many teams as they can collect a check for. These teams will bench weaker players, so if your kid isn't the best on one of those teams she won't really get any looks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Others may laugh at this, but you should give Team 91 2024 Crossfire a look. The former 2021 coach just took over that squad in the fall and I don't know that any coach puts in more effort on behalf of each and every player. She's a great role model and great motivator, and is transforming the culture of that particular team (no comment on the rest of the 91 girls program). My daughter doesn't play for them, but trains with the current coach, and she's already getting great recruiting advice. If you try to move to one of the top teams at this point, your daughter might get buried on the bench or sent to a "B" team. Not sure how that helps her. So again, I'm recommending the team because of the coach and the support your daughter will get from her, not because of where the team sits in the pecking order of Long Island lacrosse.

I obviously have never used this platform so I apologize for now posting this three times. I didn't know there was a way to quote the original post (maybe moderators can delete my other two to avoid spam sorry again!)

Hey there! I’m Sam Tilts, the coach of the 2024 Crossfire team referenced above. This was actually shared with me by a colleague, but I’m glad he sent it! Whoever wrote the reply about me, thank you so much! I’m on the hunt for you now (and since originally replying have found you, so thank you!)

You can also check us out on insta @91girlslax2024 or my personal training account @coachtilts

On another note, go where a coach works for you and where your kid gets the sense of being part of something more than just lacrosse. Find a place your daughter can grow while still loving the sport. Their mental growth, athletic growth, emotional growth, and academic growth are all important. Send your daughter wherever feels like a place she can be happy, pushed to her limits, but still enjoying the sport. At the end of the day, there is no point to playing if she isn’t happy. As tempting as it is, try not to let too much word of mouth (even about me) influence you as much as your daughters experiences. Every coach and team has a different vibe. That may not be with me, and that's totally ok! You will find a perfect fit.

Best of luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I obviously have never used this platform so I apologize for now posting this three times. I didn't know there was a way to quote the original post (maybe moderators can delete my other two to avoid spam sorry again!)

Hey there! I’m Sam Tilts, the coach of the 2024 Crossfire team referenced above. This was actually shared with me by a colleague, but I’m glad he sent it! Whoever wrote the reply about me, thank you so much! I’m on the hunt for you now (and since originally replying have found you, so thank you!)

You can also check us out on insta @91girlslax2024 or my personal training account @coachtilts

On another note, go where a coach works for you and where your kid gets the sense of being part of something more than just lacrosse. Find a place your daughter can grow while still loving the sport. Their mental growth, athletic growth, emotional growth, and academic growth are all important. Send your daughter wherever feels like a place she can be happy, pushed to her limits, but still enjoying the sport. At the end of the day, there is no point to playing if she isn’t happy. As tempting as it is, try not to let too much word of mouth (even about me) influence you as much as your daughters experiences. Every coach and team has a different vibe. That may not be with me, and that's totally ok! You will find a perfect fit.

Best of luck!

Thanks for sharing your info qe just emailed you. There is not often positive commentary on this forum. it says a lot that a few people have spoken up about your team and your name specifically

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any suggestions for private trainers?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top guns page is flooded with comments about the program falling apart because of the Smiths - mostly andrew and his recent DUI- are there top guns parents here looking to switch teams? Where do you plan to go? Do any teams even need kids at this point? Will coaches be willing to cut kids to make room for any of the 24 black players? Sorry for so many questions but Im feeling fairly concerned for my daughters future

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's Fall Ball everybody relax! Teams added
new players to their rosters. The kids never ever played with each other before. That's why you saw 2-3 players scoring all the goals. Those kids were knew to their team or teams. Let's see how it pans out in the summer. Who knows? They may surprise you. Good luck to all!

Dont necesarily agree with this good players tend to mesh everywhere they go

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top guns page is flooded with comments about the program falling apart because of the Smiths - mostly andrew and his recent DUI- are there top guns parents here looking to switch teams? Where do you plan to go? Do any teams even need kids at this point? Will coaches be willing to cut kids to make room for any of the 24 black players? Sorry for so many questions but Im feeling fairly concerned for my daughters future

Haha! Lots of people make mistakes in their private lives. This has nothing to do with his coaching abilities. Are you perfect? Or just a DB trying to stir the pot out of jealousy. Nobody’s “flocking” away. FACT. Teams are just fine. Now go crawl back into your hole and figure out why your daughter still can’t catch the ball!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously, no offense but are you new to this site? Top Guns and Yellow Jackets have been falling apart for years according to posters here. Reality is quite different.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches seem to be willing to cut kids for the best players always...sorry to hear things aren't going so well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously, no offense but are you new to this site? Top Guns and Yellow Jackets have been falling apart for years according to posters here. Reality is quite different.

Coaches continuously being switched is a reality is it not?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha! Lots of people make mistakes in their private lives. This has nothing to do with his coaching abilities. Are you perfect? Or just a DB trying to stir the pot out of jealousy. Nobody’s “flocking” away. FACT. Teams are just fine. Now go crawl back into your hole and figure out why your daughter still can’t catch the ball!

You must be blind to the fact that who we surround our kids with is important...if you're ok with creepy men with a bad rep coaching your kids thats fine. Kids have also been leaving a few programs like crazy over the last year, one of the reasons Shannon took over our team to begin with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches continuously being switched is a reality is it not?

Agree with this...it's a Laxxshow recently only thing worse seems to be elevate from talking to family friends. Half their teams bailed last year and moved to other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be blind to the fact that who we surround our kids with is important...if you're ok with creepy men with a bad rep coaching your kids thats fine. Kids have also been leaving a few programs like crazy over the last year, one of the reasons Shannon took over our team to begin with.

Totally agreed on this. We left the program last year and have never been happier. Everyone talks so much trash about each of these orgs but in reality some of these clubs have coaches and directors who will go above and beyond for their kids. I'm glad I found one of those teams finally after my older daughter had a bad experience at another club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be blind! Half the dads on the teams my kids have played on over the years drink beer all day at the tournaments, then drive their kid home. And if you think it’s any different when your kid plays in college you’re going to be in shock to find how much drinking is done by the parents groups. It’s not your job to police what others do. Worry about yourself and your own kid! I’m also not sure what you mean about kids leaving programs like crazy. My daughter plays on a top TG team. We are very happy and none of the starters are leaving. I think people are trying to stir the pot maybe because their daughter is not getting played enough?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be blind! Half the dads on the teams my kids have played on over the years drink beer all day at the tournaments, then drive their kid home. And if you think it’s any different when your kid plays in college you’re going to be in shock to find how much drinking is done by the parents groups. It’s not your job to police what others do. Worry about yourself and your own kid! I’m also not sure what you mean about kids leaving programs like crazy. My daughter plays on a top TG team. We are very happy and none of the starters are leaving. I think people are trying to stir the pot maybe because their daughter is not getting played enough?

The fact that you're admitting that you drink all day and then drive your kids around is next level parenting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a parent on this team I can assure you that all of us are not driving out kids around drunk

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The fact that you're admitting that you drink all day and then drive your kids around is next level parenting.

Sorry dude, you got the wrong guy. I make observations, and mind my business, which is to get my daughter recruited to a good school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry dude, you got the wrong guy. I make observations, and mind my business, which is to get my daughter recruited to a good school.

Wish I knew who you were so I could avoid you at all costs on our sideline

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t go to Legacy or YJs team has well over two lines unless you do YJ d team. Legacythrowing 24s onto 25 and 23 teams to keep them around for next year in case anyone bails. Great players but organizations are such a money scam. Where does your kid play now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I second the reply about 91 2024 Crossfire. I saw the coach already posted but did not attach it to your original reply so you may need to scroll down to find it. This past summer my daughters club team played played the crossfire team and lost after the coach clearly told her players to stop scoring. The parents on the sideline said it was her first game with them which was alarming to me in the best of ways. She spent the entire game coaching with no play off. My daughter came off the field and asked me if she could try out because the coach gave every kid who came off the field feedback. Unfortunately my daughter did not make the team after going to a tryout. The coach did not simply post numbers of kids who made it but rather reached out to us, and I assume every other family, individually. Coach Sam sent us a drill list that paralleled her feedback for my daughter. When I tell you I was taken away by her professionalism and care for my daughter.... My daughter has played another fall with her club team which as the other reply mentioned has four teams for the 2024 grad year. We are just as upset to have not made the team as we were this August, but she plans to try again this summer.

I'd also look into some of those teams labeled as "elite." They often have way over two lines for positions and will make as many teams as they can collect a check for. These teams will bench weaker players, so if your kid isn't the best on one of those teams she won't really get any looks.

love positivity on this site for once but I’m sure it won’t last long with keyboard warriors on the loose

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top trainers and/or coaches for the 2024 class? High school or club welcome. Looking for a new team and new private trainer for my daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top trainers and/or coaches for the 2024 class? High school or club welcome. Looking for a new team and new private trainer for my daughter.

My daughter has worked with Mike Kaplan Laxon and Coach Tilts (all can easily be found on instagram) She did a group training with laxon in Nassau and said that she was expecting it to be harder but it was still fun. She felt Mike Kaplan was unsafe because there were dozens of unmasked players with two trainers more concerned with social media and making kids like them then a workout. She liked Tilts for privates and also did a small group session with her. Only struggle is that Tilts and Laxons slots go very quick. Kaplan doesn’t seem to cap his so I think he will squeeze as many as he can in. Kaplan doesn’t train lacrosse just workouts, Laxon only has a few teams, and I am not sure which club Tilts works for.

Page 3 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard