BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 92 of 313 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There is no doubt that Spalding has evolved into a good school with solid athletics, it has come a long way from where it was in the 80s and 90s (Spalding was where a kid went when he got kicked out of public school or other catholic and private schools).

Let's be real here with lacrosse. This is about the dads. period. No boy grows up dreaming of putting on the black and red to represent Spalding in lacrosse. Spalding is a big commuter school off the highway. There is no lacrosse tradition, The dads are trying hard to make Spalding happen and it might work but once their Johnny Laxalots graduate, the program immediately reverts to its historic level.

There seem to be some good players and coaches there at this moment. I wish them luck with the sleeping giant, turnaround narrative. If it all clicks and everyone works together nicely that sixth playoff berth could be within reach and once the playoffs start anything could happen. It will be fun to watch.

They either win it this year or finish as runner up, Heard it here first !!

Holy **** it doesn’t end with you losers. Spalding will never be good at lacrosse and recruiting some overrated kids from the hawks won’t even get you to the playoffs. You’ll always be known as the school for delinquents who couldn’t cut it at public school. The school honestly hasn’t changed much if you give their roster a look over. I do not understand anyone’s logic in sending their kid to spalding—just go to stm if you want your son to have a catholic education(they’re actually good at lacrosse!)

Still bitter on your son not getting asked to go with rest of his teammates to Spalding. Going thru life bitter and resentful is not a good recipe for happiness.

I’ve got no horse in this race and can tell you only ******* would send their son to spalding. That’s you’re only response—“oh your son isnt good enough to play for spalding.” Anyone can go to that pos school and play for the lacrosse team. No ones bitter about anything except the brain dead like you on here spouting off thinking spalding will be anything but a bottom feeder. What’s the last time they made the playoffs? They will never make the playoffs and your overrated son won’t do anything to change that. Money doesn’t win you anything in the miaa—especially at spalding.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They will make the playoffs and win championships.
BK and Ripley’s money will ensure transfers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All spalding is missing is 2 defensemen, a fogo, a goalie, 5 mids, 2 Lsms, a couple athletes, and 2 attack.. other than that they are right there...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[ChillLaxin] show on the spalding sideline coaching like they are in the MIAA championship- what a sham!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are all these all star transfers you spalding **** riders keep talking about? Spalding will never win an miaa a championship. You’re literally insane if you think otherwise. I definitely see the potential of you guys winning a b conference championship but even John Carroll did that so who cares.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no doubt that Spalding has evolved into a good school with solid athletics, it has come a long way from where it was in the 80s and 90s (Spalding was where a kid went when he got kicked out of public school or other catholic and private schools).

Let's be real here with lacrosse. This is about the dads. period. No boy grows up dreaming of putting on the black and red to represent Spalding in lacrosse. Spalding is a big commuter school off the highway. There is no lacrosse tradition, The dads are trying hard to make Spalding happen and it might work but once their Johnny Laxalots graduate, the program immediately reverts to its historic level.

There seem to be some good players and coaches there at this moment. I wish them luck with the sleeping giant, turnaround narrative. If it all clicks and everyone works together nicely that sixth playoff berth could be within reach and once the playoffs start anything could happen. It will be fun to watch.

They either win it this year or finish as runner up, Heard it here first !!

Holy **** it doesn’t end with you losers. Spalding will never be good at lacrosse and recruiting some overrated kids from the hawks won’t even get you to the playoffs. You’ll always be known as the school for delinquents who couldn’t cut it at public school. The school honestly hasn’t changed much if you give their roster a look over. I do not understand anyone’s logic in sending their kid to spalding—just go to stm if you want your son to have a catholic education(they’re actually good at lacrosse!)

Still bitter on your son not getting asked to go with rest of his teammates to Spalding. Going thru life bitter and resentful is not a good recipe for happiness.

I’ve got no horse in this race and can tell you only ******* would send their son to spalding. That’s you’re only response—“oh your son isnt good enough to play for spalding.” Anyone can go to that pos school and play for the lacrosse team. No ones bitter about anything except the brain dead like you on here spouting off thinking spalding will be anything but a bottom feeder. What’s the last time they made the playoffs? They will never make the playoffs and your overrated son won’t do anything to change that. Money doesn’t win you anything in the miaa—especially at spalding.

Wait ? Who actually gets asked to go to Spalding ? Who in the heck would be bitter if asked and said no? These comments are an exact example about the dads running that team and the dads hanging off the ::::: of those dads running the team. Has nothing to do with the players or the school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the only people who post on here Spaulding lovers and haters?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are we still talking about an MIAA B team? Talk about the big boys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spaulding wins the MIAA the next two years. BK and Ripley are paying for transfers.[/quote]

Interesting. Clock begins in 9th grade no matter the school and runs four consecutive years. Transfers lose a year of eligibility with no option to recoup it in the MIAA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Transfers for this year? Doesn’t MIAA have a rule against mid-year transfers? Transferring players might be want to know the rules.
A lot of chatter of some mid year MIAA transfers This weekend is this permitted ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question from dad of a younger player. Did/do you find your son is getting more exposure from his high school team (public or private) or from his club team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question from dad of a younger player. Did/do you find your son is getting more exposure from his high school team (public or private) or from his club team?

Club is the short answer. Most club teams participate in 6-7 recruiting events during the fall and summer months. Traditionally, the fall and summer months are non dead periods and are well attended by various levels of college coaches.
HS lacrosse is a spring sport that overlaps with the college season. It is difficult for coaches to live recruit during the spring season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spaulding wins the MIAA the next two years. BK and Ripley are paying for transfers.

Interesting. Clock begins in 9th grade no matter the school and runs four consecutive years. Transfers lose a year of eligibility with no option to recoup it in the MIAA.[/quote]

Everyone sat out last year do to Covid-19 and is available to transfer this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone sat out last year do to Covid-19 and is available to transfer this year.
Says who?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says who?

Read the MIAA rules carefully, I have. If lacrosse had not started last season, you would be correct. But it did, so you're not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says who?

Read the MIAA rules carefully, I have. If lacrosse had not started last season, you would be correct. But it did, so you're not.

Was any conference games played????

Maybe you should fact check yourself. With COVID everything has changed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says who?

Was any conference games played????

Maybe you should fact check yourself. With COVID everything has changed.

More importantly, who and where are these "transfers" coming from? If they are coming from non-conference schools, it would be a non-issue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't reclass in either instance. Once you start competing in 9th grade you have 4 years...MIAA or non MIAA school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a son who is in 8th grade who is a decent player. I am considering sending home to Spalding or Severn. Interesting in hearing various opinions as to which school should provide the most development for my son, as well as be most competitive team during the 22 to 26 seasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a son who is in 8th grade who is a decent player. I am considering sending home to Spalding or Severn. Interesting in hearing various opinions as to which school should provide the most development for my son, as well as be most competitive team during the 22 to 26 seasons.

Once the 22 class leaves spalding will be irrelevant(as if they haven’t already been irrelevant). They’ve also got a lot of daddy ball and nepotism going on in their program so take that for what you will. I don’t know too much about their coaches but after seeing some of their games and the amount of talent they had(as far as kids going to college) their performance was very disappointing. Severn is a far better school and I know their 23/24 classes are very solid. Their coach is relatively new but I’d say he’s definitely a better hc than Phipps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Once the 22 class leaves spalding will be irrelevant(as if they haven’t already been irrelevant). They’ve also got a lot of daddy ball and nepotism going on in their program so take that for what you will. I don’t know too much about their coaches but after seeing some of their games and the amount of talent they had(as far as kids going to college) their performance was very disappointing. Severn is a far better school and I know their 23/24 classes are very solid. Their coach is relatively new but I’d say he’s definitely a better hc than Phipps.

You need to watch Severn and Spaulding practice several times. You also need to watch how the staff interacts with the players during practice and games.
You know your kid and what type of teaching/ coaching style he will respond to and a good way to determine which program is the right fit is to watch and listen to the different staffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severn occasionally makes the MIAA playoffs. Spalding doesn’t. The only real lacrosse program in AA County is St. Mary’s. What else do you need to know?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severn occasionally makes the MIAA playoffs. Spalding doesn’t. The only real lacrosse program in AA County is St. Mary’s. What else do you need to know?

Don’t tell the spalding homers and hawks dads it will trigger them. Then they’ll say your son isn’t good enough to be on their team if you say they won’t make the championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ll go ahead and assume you care about academics as much as lacrosse. Spaulding is not much more then a public school. StM is average compared to most privates. Severn sitting on top of AACO by a long shot. Look at were students matriculate to from Severn. I don’t just mean athletes the entire student body.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t tell the spalding homers and hawks dads it will trigger them. Then they’ll say your son isn’t good enough to be on their team if you say they won’t make the championship.

St Marys works very hard to be great. Severn is figuring it out. Spalding plays whack a mole and lets boosters dictate the program to benefit their own kids. Calvert Hall has it figured out and has the winning culture. McDonogh is in it every year. BL has too many cooks in the kitchen and no leadership. St Pauls has quit. Loyola has a lot of talent but needs better coaches to help the HC. Gilman wants everyone to play and make sure no ones feelings are hurt. St Joe and John Carroll are hopeless in the A division. Only Calvert Hall, Mcdonogh, BL, and Loyola have a chance. St Marys can sneak in every so often. Everyone else is along for the ride.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ripley, Phipps, Ford and company- no talent butt clowns

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OUCH ! Someone has a son who didnt have the talent to make Hawks or Spalding. Have him Hit The Wall !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OUCH ! Someone has a son who didnt have the talent to make Hawks or Spalding. Have him Hit The Wall !!

You just keep on proving everyone’s points. Do you really not see the irony in what you’re saying? Spalding dads and coaches have gotta be the biggest clown show in the MIAA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t tell the spalding homeyour son couldnt make.rs and hawks dads it will trigger them. Then they’ll say your son isn’t good enough to be on their team if you say they won’t make the championship.

You just keep on proving everyone’s points. Do you really not see the irony in what you’re saying? Spalding dads and coaches have gotta be the biggest clown show in the MIAA.

Actually you keep digging a bigger and bigger hole with your remarks about a team your son couldnt make.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t tell the spalding homeyour son couldnt make.rs and hawks dads it will trigger them. Then they’ll say your son isn’t good enough to be on their team if you say they won’t make the championship.

Actually you keep digging a bigger and bigger hole with your remarks about a team your son couldnt make.

How am I making a hole for myself lmao? Sorry you can’t handle the truth. You’re gonna be pretty sad when you and your son are sitting at home in May knowing you should’ve never went to Spalding. But man you’ve really got a warped sense of reality if you think anyone wouldn’t make spalding’s team. No reasonable person would ever send their kid to spalding because it’s an awful school with even worse lacrosse. It’s a shame the hawks/spalding experiment won’t work because of certain dads ineptitude.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on Annapolis Area Christian? I know it's a very small school and probably not much for lax. My kid is a 2024 currently attending our zoned public HS (Old Mill). He's an excellent student, talented musician, and a solid lax player who wants to be recruited, but isn't exactly D1 material. I looked over the AACS marketing materials, and was impressed by the colleges the graduates have attended (i.e. every Ivy, service academies etc.) and 99% acceptance rate into 4 yr unis. Thanks for any feedback you have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pray a season happens this spring! All the kids work too hard for another season to be taken from them. If a season gets canceled would clubs just continue and have similar tournaments like the NHSLS on weekends with High school teams playing under another umbrella -
If so head coaches need to be allowed to coach teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pray a season happens this spring! All the kids work too hard for another season to be taken from them. If a season gets canceled would clubs just continue and have similar tournaments like the NHSLS on weekends with High school teams playing under another umbrella -
If so head coaches need to be allowed to coach teams

Right. Hopefully there could be a HOCO league or MMLL type league for school or club teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on Annapolis Area Christian? I know it's a very small school and probably not much for lax. My kid is a 2024 currently attending our zoned public HS (Old Mill). He's an excellent student, talented musician, and a solid lax player who wants to be recruited, but isn't exactly D1 material. I looked over the AACS marketing materials, and was impressed by the colleges the graduates have attended (i.e. every Ivy, service academies etc.) and 99% acceptance rate into 4 yr unis. Thanks for any feedback you have.
I am not sure I would rely on this forum for feedback on anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sad but true!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree Spalding is much improved past few years not among the elite top 4 but their best years are coming soon. Many of TY X 4/5 star Kids are from Spalding Whatever that means think this year will be a strong showing from Spalding

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree Spalding is much improved past few years not among the elite top 4 but their best years are coming soon. Many of TY X 4/5 star Kids are from Spalding Whatever that means think this year will be a strong showing from Spalding

And that’s your problem right there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can have the 5 best players in the Conference on your team but if the next 9-11 players aren't very good, you won't even make the semis in this League. I've seen teams with a handful of 1-3rd team D1 AAs on the same team not make the playoffs much less win the A Conference championship. Its about having the top 15-17 players (AKA the best team) period plus a championship caliber coaching staff. Hot goalie play and a dominant FO game are often the deciding factor when the talent is somewhat equal among the top teams. Its hard to accumulate championship caliber critical mass. You need to have both great recruiting and strong player development along with a top flight coaching staff to win it all. Occasionally one team runs away with it because their second line middies are almost as good as everyone else's firsts but that's a rarity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can have the 5 best players in the Conference on your team but if the next 9-11 players aren't very good, you won't even make the semis in this League. I've seen teams with a handful of 1-3rd team D1 AAs on the same team not make the playoffs much less win the A Conference championship. Its about having the top 15-17 players (AKA the best team) period plus a championship caliber coaching staff. Hot goalie play and a dominant FO game are often the deciding factor when the talent is somewhat equal among the top teams. Its hard to accumulate championship caliber critical mass. You need to have both great recruiting and strong player development along with a top flight coaching staff to win it all. Occasionally one team runs away with it because their second line middies are almost as good as everyone else's firsts but that's a rarity.

Calvert Hall has had its way with MIAA last few years. Frankly they will be MIAA champions next few years with their recruitment and player development. McD and BL are starting to see the light. Both will recruit and board more players in future

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calvert Hall has had its way with MIAA last few years. Frankly they will be MIAA champions next few years with their recruitment and player development. McD and BL are starting to see the light. Both will recruit and board more players in future
Calvert Hall will not be king this spring, if there is a spring. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

Like Reply Quote
Page 92 of 313 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard