BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Girls 2023 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check out the Chesapeake.
Beat Sw blue and lost to heros green by 1

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings:
1) Hero’s
2) M&D
3) Skywalkers
4) everyone else

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Rankings:
1) Hero’s
2) M&D
3) Skywalkers
4) everyone else

i love how for the first time in all the years Heros beatMD and now they want the 1 spot
M&D then Heros.
if we go national then YJ 2 but M&D still #1

M&D
YJ Thorn
Everyone else

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings:
1) Hero’s
2) M&D
3) Skywalkers
4) everyone else

i love how for the first time in all the years Heros beatMD and now they want the 1 spot
M&D then Heros.
if we go national then YJ 2 but M&D still #1

M&D
YJ Thorn
Everyone else

🤣🤣🤣 if the “first time”means the last 2 times they’ve played, then I’m not sure what your point is tough guy? Winning the last 2 times they’ve played earns them top current billing !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong! YJ # 1
Heros #2
M&D #3.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1-YJ
2-SW
3-Hero’s
4-M&D

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If ranking goalie play I’d agree %100. With a fall ball season that mostly consisted of alternative possessions which left draws players left out the equations..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If ranking goalie play I’d agree %100. With a fall ball season that mostly consisted of alternative possessions which left draws players left out the equations..

Definitely YJ 1
can’t argue that
i think Heros edge over M&D for 2
Skywalkers 4
TG or Monster for 5. lean monster but my anti LI bias may show

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with the top rankings watching tis group for many years. funny how Top guns used to go around telling everyone they were the best in age group, TG coach stinks. thats why they dont develop and get on the underarmour team. look at their lax poor play this weekend 1-2. they may not even be third on long isnad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG was 2-1 this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Definitely YJ 1
can’t argue that
i think Heros edge over M&D for 2
Skywalkers 4
TG or Monster for 5. lean monster but my anti LI bias may show

With the transfer of some of Hero’s top players the last couple of years to M&D, heros hasn’t been able to regroup, so they do not have the edge. Monster over TG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you have not been watching games, while M & D added players so did Heros. Heros has been playing great this fall. I dont think they've lost. There are a lot of good teams in the area, if you include SW Blue and Elite in the 23 year. I did see YJ play on Saturday and they looked good as well. I hope that YJ and Heros play next summer, so their smack talk will end, although I enjoy reading. Have a great Holiday Season and I hope everyone stays healthy!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
having seen all play over summer and fall, I'd agree with rankings (accounting for injuries/missing and no draws at some tourneys):

1) YJ
2) Heros
3) MnD
4) SW
5-12) TG/Monsters/Elite/CT Grizzles/MD United/NXT/Legacy/Steps

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
having seen all play over summer and fall, I'd agree with rankings (accounting for injuries/missing and no draws at some tourneys):

1) YJ
2) Heros
3) MnD
4) SW

I would agree with that list

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) YJ
2) Heros
3) MnD
4) SW

I would agree with that list

I agree with the top 3
4 CT Grizzlies
5 SW
6 Monster Purple
7 TG Black
8 MD United East
9 Elite Orange
10 Legacy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]having seen all play over summer and fall, I'd agree with rankings (accounting for injuries/missing and no draws at some tourneys):

1) YJ
2) Heros
3) MnD
4) SW
5-12) TG/Monsters/Elite/CT Grizzles/MD United/NXT/Legacy/Steps[/quot

Switch SW to #3 with M&D going to #4. On goalie play alone id rank SW higher.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at their website, M&D is ranked No 1 for the 2023 bracket by Lacrosse Magazine for Fall 2020

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grizzlies can eat you all for breakfast lunch and dinner!
Did you see what they did to the Baltimore team in the UAAA? Embarrasing and just proves that the team this year was just fluff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at their website, M&D is ranked No 1 for the 2023 bracket by Lacrosse Magazine for Fall 2020

Look again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly speaking, it should probably be a slight tie between Heros and MND. probably slight advantage to Heros. Have no idea about Skywalkers since they dodged MND and Heros all fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean the team that has beat Elite twice now and tied Top Guns last time they played? Not so mediocre.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love all this hype, isn't the goal to play well and get to college? If our daughter's read this garbage, they would be embarrassed. My daugher is friends with a lot of player from different teams and enjoys playing agaisnt them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love all this hype, isn't the goal to play well and get to college? If our daughter's read this garbage, they would be embarrassed. My daugher is friends with a lot of player from different teams and enjoys playing agaisnt them.
Agree. These girls are in 10th grade. When do we start rooting for each other?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not until they are committed and it’s sad that it has to be that way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 player made the difference for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You think it is bad now. Just wait until real recruiting starts next September 1. Especially with all the continued repercussions of Covid. It will only get uglier. Trust me

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You think it is bad now. Just wait until real recruiting starts next September 1. Especially with all the continued repercussions of Covid. It will only get uglier. Trust me

Remember that Covid is massively helping MD and LI players from a recruiting perspective. With fewer opportunities to see players, coaches are relying on reputation more than even. That superstar girl from the 50th ranked team from Texas who would normally get seen at all these recruiting events is the type of girl who loses. I expect the total scholarship numbers for MD players in this recruiting season to be the most ever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Way uglier....it's sad when you realize how many "friends" (adults) aren't happy for your daughter when they get recruited. The girls are happy for one another, but can't say the same for the parents:(

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately, the happiness for others only tends to come after one commits themselves. For my high school team the general rule of thumb is to not tell your teammates who has contacted you, etc. There is a lot of jealousy and frustration that comes if your teammate gets an email/text/call from the team(s) you wanted, especially if you think you are better than said teammate.

We try to remind them that the process is different for every player and includes more than lacrosse, but it's hard to not talk about it to your best friend. Sometimes it can get ugly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trust me there are many highly skilled Maryland players being left out of recruiting so far also. It’s only been beneficial for the girls from well known clubs who have well connected recruiting directors. It’s all about the club/college coach relationships this year. If your club doesn’t have them, it’s equal to being that superstar player from Texas - even if you are from MD or LI.

Remember that Covid is massively helping MD and LI players from a recruiting perspective. With fewer opportunities to see players, coaches are relying on reputation more than even. That superstar girl from the 50th ranked team from Texas who would normally get seen at all these recruiting events is the type of girl who loses. I expect the total scholarship numbers for MD players in this recruiting season to be the most ever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is not true at all-there are plenty of girls that were recruited because of THEIR relationship w/ the college coach(s)-had nothing to do w/ who they play for or who their coach is. It’s not the coaches responsibility, the player needs to make themselves known to the collage coaches. The class of 2022 has had plenty of time (pre-COVID) to be in front of colleges-plenty of time!

Trust me there are many highly skilled Maryland players being left out of recruiting so far also. It’s only been beneficial for the girls from well known clubs who have well connected recruiting directors. It’s all about the club/college coach relationships this year. If your club doesn’t have them, it’s equal to being that superstar player from Texas - even if you are from MD or LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was looking at the costs of some winter clinics/camps that keep popping up in Florida over January/February.
$500 to be seen by schools that will be at summer tournaments.

Does your daughter need to attend these winter camps/clinics if she plays on a top 10-20 Maryland team with lots of good film? Is this tournament for girls like her or the girls from other places that need to be seen more?

I know playing live is always best but at $500 a pop plus travel in the height of Covid, I dont know if its worth it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was looking at the costs of some winter clinics/camps that keep popping up in Florida over January/February.

Does your daughter need to attend these winter camps/clinics if she plays on a top 10-20 Maryland team with lots of good film? Is this tournament for girls like her or the girls from other places that need to be seen more?

I know playing live is always best but at $500 a pop plus travel in the height of Covid, I dont know if its worth it.

Depending on if your daughter wants to attend any of the schools that will be there. And any of the D1 schools that were listed won't be there now...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

D1 coaches won't be there....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How Did the New York / New Jersey teams at Live Love Lax this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How Did the New York / New Jersey teams at Live Love Lax this weekend?

The top teams from every geographical area can beat each other. Lot of parity among the hotbeds and some newer areas stepping up like FL and Phillie. The growth of the sport is making it difficult to decide who’s better then who. A lot of interchangeable girls out there now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And New York Teams come to play. Looks like there is a new Sheriff in town and it the road travels through New York now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2023 Division is extremely talented which I believe is great for all of these girls. Many of the top teams can win on any given day. More importantly is the level of competition these young ladies face every weekend.These teams need to come with their A game every time they step on the field. So for some rankings are important but really if you strip away the egos the real prize is how much better these girls get from playing against great teams across the board. I am a huge fan of Lacrosse and have been super impressed with the talent of this Class of 2023.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No doubt, i couldn't agree more. Lax for the Cure definitely showed that! Connecticut Grizzlies dominated and manhandled a lot of great teams like Monster, Capitol and Top Gun. Grizzlies only close games were vs M&D Black and Jesters.

Conn Grizzlies
Top Gun 23 Black
Jesters 23 Black
Skywalker Blue
M&D Black
Monster Purple
YJ Thorn
Heroes Green

Anyone of these teams can beat each other on any given day............

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard