BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 82 of 86 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This episode is over a year old and was never that big of a deal. If you know of a program that you think is perfect, go ahead and post its name, and I bet that plenty of people will hold a different opinion than yours. I am sorry if you had a bad experience in MadLax, but just go find another program.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This episode is over a year old and was never that big of a deal. If you know of a program that you think is perfect, go ahead and post its name, and I bet that plenty of people will hold a different opinion than yours. I am sorry if you had a bad experience in MadLax, but just go find another program.

Stockholm syndrome

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stockholm syndrome

No kidding and let's review again:
Bullying on IG
Personal emails attacking children and threatening their physical safety
Attempts to sabotage school admissions
Coaches getting fired for inappropriate behavior with the rosters
Multiple instances of roster cheating

I'm sure I missed more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stockholm syndrome

Bullying on IG

I'm sure I missed more.

How often is there 'roster cheating' by clubs & which do the most?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stockholm syndrome

Bullying on IG

I'm sure I missed more.

How often is there 'roster cheating' by clubs & which do the most?

The MadLax roster cheating that I am aware of has involved lower divisions, where MadLax plays its combined teams in the lower grade, rather than the upper grade like they are supposed to. For example, they will play a combined 2025/2026 B team in a 2026 B division, knowing that they would get killed if they played up in 2025 B. Shady behavior yes, but it does not affect the higher divisions that readers of this forum care about, such as HoCo Elite. I only know of one instance of roster cheating in an elite division, and that was by the Canadian team Evolve at Hershey in 2019. They had kids within their program running between games and playing for two different aged teams, and were DQ'd when parents of an opposing team (Team Maryland) saw it and turned them in. I do not think that roster cheating happens very often, but if anybody knows of another example(s) go ahead and share.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

The MadLax roster cheating that I am aware of has involved lower divisions, where MadLax plays its combined teams in the lower grade, rather than the upper grade like they are supposed to. For example, they will play a combined 2025/2026 B team in a 2026 B division, knowing that they would get killed if they played up in 2025 B. Shady behavior yes, but it does not affect the higher divisions that readers of this forum care about, such as HoCo Elite. I only know of one instance of roster cheating in an elite division, and that was by the Canadian team Evolve at Hershey in 2019. They had kids within their program running between games and playing for two different aged teams, and were DQ'd when parents of an opposing team (Team Maryland) saw it and turned them in. I do not think that roster cheating happens very often, but if anybody knows of another example(s) go ahead and share.[/quote]

Key phrase "that I am aware of..." Madlax also did the same thing at Hershey and recently double rostered players in a Fall 2020 tournament. That's 2 more and there are much more. Most area teams are keenly aware of how Madlax operates and openly ask questions at the start of games and question whether they are playing a registered roster.

The end of every Madlax defender sentence has something to do with college commits. Unfortunately, as you track their commits on their own web site the quality of those commits gets worse and worse. The 23's will boost it but that's only because that team was brought over by a defunct club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has finally divided up their 2027 rosters on their web site showing which players are on Capital and DMV. Looks like several pre-existing ML players and some of the BLC players have left over the course of the Fall and Winter. \s\ Looks like those BLC and Mater Dei parents are really happy they made the choice to switch teams; have their kids be put on a B team and drop 2 divisions; and increased their fees and commuting times to jump clubs \s\. Did the kids leave lacrosse or go to other clubs.?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has finally divided up their 2027 rosters on their web site showing which players are on Capital and DMV. Looks like several pre-existing ML players and some of the BLC players have left over the course of the Fall and Winter. \s\ Looks like those BLC and Mater Dei parents are really happy they made the choice to switch teams; have their kids be put on a B team and drop 2 divisions; and increased their fees and commuting times to jump clubs \s\. Did the kids leave lacrosse or go to other clubs.?

Whats wrong with that ?? Standard in lacrosse industry to increase fees for those willing to pay. What are the fees in relation to holding your boy back at Mater Dei ?

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fees I'm talking about are the fees going from BLC to ML just to have your kid dropped to the B team and get fewer practices and more commuting. It was a poor decision by that collective group of families at BLC and a good decision by ML. Cabell got the money by stringing them along and ended up with a really good 2027 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax parent here. It was immature, in poor taste, and it crossed the line. I don't condone Cabell's actions and I am sure that other Madlax parents feel the same way. That is not the type of program that we want to be. We all make mistakes. Cabell is a passionate coach and it sometimes clouds his judgment. But overall, he means well. I am sure that it is part of the reason that he took it down. I don't know whether Cabell will ever apologize, but I want to say that I am sorry it happened, and I hope that it never happens again.
Sorry, this is an unacceptable acknowledgment/apology. He is a grown adult who chose to passive aggressively bully a kid, and he showed his entire club that he condones behavior like that. His passion didn’t cloud his judgement.

Last edited by JMLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you insane? You must be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's face the reality BLC is club lite. The only real club teams for boys are ML & NL. Breslin does a great job with BLC. As a non-profit they want the kids to develop at a different pace than a for-profit. Where the emphasis is on winning. I have had kids in each program and every situation and kid is different. SO wake up you clowns and stop pointing fingers. I'm sure all the BLC parents love trucking up to the Lakelands. Mclean is closer & ML has more practices than BLC. There is a lid for every pot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's face the reality BLC is club lite. The only real club teams for boys are ML & NL. Breslin does a great job with BLC. As a non-profit they want the kids to develop at a different pace than a for-profit. Where the emphasis is on winning. I have had kids in each program and every situation and kid is different. SO wake up you clowns and stop pointing fingers. I'm sure all the BLC parents love trucking up to the Lakelands. Mclean is closer & ML has more practices than BLC. There is a lid for every pot.

One lid for D1 and all the rest of the lids are for the masses. I will go with the D1 lid .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One lid for D1 and all the rest of the lids are for the masses. I will go with the D1 lid .

Right cuz DCE, which is mostly BLC kids, hasn’t sent anyone to D1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said. For some of the BLC kids the move has been great, and for some it has not. They same can be said about the legacy MadLax kids, good for some, but not all. For the boys that got a raw deal, their parents helped them find a different team that is a better fit. The Capital team as a whole is in a good place and will compete for #1 in HoCo Elite, and is top 3-5 nationally. The DMV team has been placed in a division where it will likely have a winning record. As usual the owner will not win any popularity contests but is making a ton of money. Welcome to travel lacrosse. If you don’t like how it works, stick to rec.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So my son who regularly plays for True Baltimore was just invited to play for the new True DMV.

They told me this was a more competitive team. Any info about this new team ad we weigh our options is appreciated.

Thanks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So my son who regularly plays for True Baltimore was just invited to play for the new True DMV.

They told me this was a more competitive team. Any info about this new team ad we weigh our options is appreciated.

Thanks!

True National Black 2026 was ranked 4th in 2021

Madlax Capital is 13th

I'd go to True

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its not True National, it's True DMV.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Annapolis is the only good True team. All the other True teams are below average. I would stay away from any brand-new club team- too many unknowns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Annapolis is the only good True team. All the other True teams are below average. I would stay away from any brand-new club team- too many unknowns.

Except the Predators, Talk of Baltimore

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are older Madlax teams playing in younger divisions in their own tourney? Please don't give me that garbage of "well, it's their B team so it's ok." Also, I noticed the 27 madlax capital team was shuttling players to the dmv games. So playing down against younger and smaller and double rostering again. What a class program. I'm sure Cabel sprung that on the other teams at the last minute and said take it or leave it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax DMV '27 and '28 lost their early morning games and called in some guest players to help?
Pretty standard move.
Good for them, for valuing excellence.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Remember True National is 80% chicago area players. Need to understand what chance if any he will need to tryout for True National.

True really only support their national and sometimes their regional teams in recruting. If he just played DMW, he may not get any recruiting support when the time comes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did BOTC delete some comments about Madlax cheating? Wow, there are tons of crude and outrageous comments on these boards and the ones with verified information are the ones deleted? I'm sure the younger 2026 teams loved a fresh Madlax 2025 team coming in and beating on them. Hey Madlax, try updating your Tourney Machine results too.

Team W L GS GA
Crabs 6 0 83 20
Madlax DMV 2025 3 0 26 17
Leading Edge 2 1 25 13
Top Caliber 2 1 14 17
Madlax - Capital 3 3 47 35
Hard Lax 2025 1 2 10 22
FCA 1 2 19 32
Hard Lax Navy 2026 0 3 9 42
3d Georgia Red 0 6 24 59

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax getting the business end of the stick from Radar. Any concerns with the suit?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone shamelessly playing the race card to try and get a cash payout? I've never seen THAT before.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone shamelessly playing the race card to try and get a cash payout? I've never seen THAT before.

or can't beat them, block them. Culture of the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

or can't beat them, block them. Culture of the program.

Looks like G is in the house! Please tell us more good sir.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you're blocking them because you can't beat them, then it's petty maneuvering. Not race based discrimination. But, you can't cash in on petty maneuvering so....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well if you don't let minority owned clubs or clubs with minority players compete against you then i guess they can never beat you.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well if you don't let minority owned clubs or clubs with minority players compete against you then i guess they can never beat you.....

If you're reading this board, odds are you've been to a lacrosse tournament, and if you've been to a lacrosse tournament, you've seen minority players and teams made up of minority players competing. So, the question is who are you going to believe? Your own eyes, or someone who finds it convenient to lie for a shot at a payout?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax getting the business end of the stick from Radar. Any concerns with the suit?

Suit will be dismissed without prejudice, for failure to state a claim. Pretty poorly written complaint.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not that is Funny !!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you're reading this board, odds are you've been to a lacrosse tournament, and if you've been to a lacrosse tournament, you've seen minority players and teams made up of minority players competing. So, the question is who are you going to believe? Your own eyes, or someone who finds it convenient to lie for a shot at a payout?

Well then let them play! sounds like they played last year and won, registered this year, bought plane tickets, hotel rooms then were banned without reason or answering and questions

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well then let them play! sounds like they played last year and won, registered this year, bought plane tickets, hotel rooms then were banned without reason or answering and questions

Yes, that is the thing about discrimination law, in private business you can (and have to) make a lot of decisions as long as they are not focused on a protected class of people, while the same standard of conduct isn't extended to others. ML can omit anyone they want from any event, so long as the reason isn't exclusive to a protected class. For instance, if what they accuse Nationals of doing is accurate, they sure can reject them from future events..........unless True and other clubs (like ML!!!) are known by tournament ownership to be participating in that same exact behavior to any extent.

I can almost guarantee that is the core of Nationals' complaint, but we can't really know that because the complaint is poorly written and they haven't gotten ahead of it PR-wise, which is a mistake.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure the parents of the players did in fact buy plane tickets and reserve hotel rooms. They are responsible, well functioning adults. My guess is that the club director didn't do something that was supposed to happen. Registration is one thing. Paying the remaining amount due is another. If I were a Nationals parent, I'd really like to know what happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve seen Nationals recruit a kid that is playing in the same tournament on a different team be recruited by Nationals to play in that very same tournament for them. ML moves kids down from their older teams if necessary to win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Nationals went to the tourney with expectations to play. They didn't.

Why didn't they play?

Through all those communications between coaches and administrators, Madlax and True best hope nothing inappropriate was emailed... or said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This case will be resolved with Nationals being re-admitted to the tournaments but get ready for those ML dues to go up to cover the cost of legal proceedings up to this point. Maybe it will also end up with a National team tournament series or national division at some of the high profile tournaments. In essence, that's how Adrenaline Cup operates right now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2028 AND 2029 PARENTS BEWARE! Madlax's box league has a number of 2027 players. These are big, strong and athletic players who have just started playing lacrosse and were placed in the younger division to allow them to "develop." I suppose if you are playing in a Madlax league you may know this already and have it built it into your decision process.

Like Reply Quote
Page 82 of 86 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard