BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 17 of 22 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 21 22
Re: Girls Spring 2013 High School Varsity Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hey how about this , since you lied about pulling blurbs from MSG instead of calling you cage sage, we cal you plage sage seeing as you plagiarize other peoples work. I guess you'll ban me again now

How about you register yourself and stop throwing your barbs behind the anonymous mask? Your posts will also get through faster.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy SJB parent. You had a good season, nice job. Now go get your shine box.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
As far as you keeping the lacrosse community informed, I beg to differ. MSG does that. you give people a place to vent, and complain, learn the difference. If you informed you would be a reporter, and you would know the difference between using a source and ripping off someones hard work.
If you do not want to be a part of the BOTC Community, just don't visit. There are certainly other sites that would surely welcome your company.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Thank you Cage for your write ups this year. My daughters h.s. team has 2 coaches who never write anything except the score. Other teams have highlights and give accolades to players who stand out in games , pathetic that our gitrls get ignored year after year and our athletic director does nothing.
You are very welcome - we think that our coverage has been balanced and we have pulled together daily results, standings, playoff brackets, and more to make navigating the post season in both Nassau and Suffolk easier to navigate.

Our coverage will continue straight into the county championships this upcoming week and into the state playoffs opening with the Long Island Championships.

Again, thank you for your note.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Suffolk have their finals today or were they postponed?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Suffolk have their finals today or were they postponed?

They play Thursday night at Dowling

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mount Sinai beat Shoreham 7-3 for the Suffolk Cty class C championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shoreham looked over -matched and lifeless. I guess the great run is over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will say this. Shoreham knew how to win as proven by their incredible run and did it with class. Mt Sinai needs to learn that quality. Mt Sinai coach calling time out with 56 seconds left in a 7-3 game and parents directly heckling Shoreham players at the end of the game and cheering when players get hurt is exactly what gives you all a bad name. So be it if you want it that way but acting like trailer trash is not what winners do. Being a winner is more than what the score board reads.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah there done, but it is only C division, weak and real easy to get to final

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the top suffolk teams play thursday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will say this. Shoreham knew how to win as proven by their incredible run and did it with class. Mt Sinai needs to learn that quality. Mt Sinai coach calling time out with 56 seconds left in a 7-3 game and parents directly heckling Shoreham players at the end of the game and cheering when players get hurt is exactly what gives you all a bad name. So be it if you want it that way but acting like trailer trash is not what winners do. Being a winner is more than what the score board reads.

He probably called time out to give his girls some time to re-group as they were getting hacked in the head by the SWR players!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Tuesday, May 28th Results

Suffolk Class C Championship

Mount Sinai (1) over Shoreham-Wading River (2), 7-3

Highlights

Led by Caroline Fitzgerald and Kasey Mitchell, the undefeated Mount Sinai Mustangs handled the defending state champion SWR squad, 7-3, at Dowling College. Mount Sinai will play the Nassau Class C champion in the sectional final Sunday at Adelphi. Mount Sinai (17-0) scored the first four goals in this contest. The winner of the Sunday matchup will claim the Long Island Championship while advancing to the Final Four of the NYSPHSAA Tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He probably called time out to give his girls some time to re-group as they were getting hacked in the head by the SWR players!!
Or perhaps it was a classic Al Bertolone move showing some of that Yellow Jackets blood allowing his players to savor the victory while rubbing the image of the loss into the minds of the dominant SWR program? Four goal leads with less than a minute remaining and the leading coach calls the timeout?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the top suffolk teams play thursday.

Every year posters chime in with this. For those who may think class C talent is somewhat not on par with other classes as the poster claims I suggest going to Newsday, sports, High School, Girls lacrosse. Click on Mt. Sinai. Clearly they beat EVERY Class B school they played including BOTH B TEAMS CURRENTLY IN THE B FINALS (ESM AND SAYVILLE). SWR beat several Bs as well including ESM (B Finalist), Rocky Point, BBP, Harborfields etc.. and lost to Class A Garden City by only 1 goal. Hope this clears it up for ya! Good Luck Mt. Sinai in the States!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watch last years finals (you can see it on MSG Varsity) and see what the Mt Sinai players did toward the end of the game. They were as classless in defeat as they are in victory. But that's what the lax community already knows about Mt Sinai. Congratulations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or perhaps it was a classic Al Bertolone move showing some of that Yellow Jackets blood allowing his players to savor the victory while rubbing the image of the loss into the minds of the dominant SWR program? Four goal leads with less than a minute remaining and the leading coach calls the timeout?

Classless!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know why this surprises anyone. They are taught as YJ's to play like thugs and have very little respect for the other teams. It trickles down the ladder to people like Bertolone who is usually a pretty classy guy. Whenever you have parents with no class, stemming from a tremendously talented but classless Club program, this is what you'll get. Have you ever once in your life seen a guy like Pete Mitchell carry himself with enough class to actually care what effect his decisions have on the other team. Never and I hope the people of Mt Sinai like it because that's the name they're making for themselves.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

True. No one likes to play Mt. Sinai because of the parents, and that goes for sports other than lacrosse as well, and I'm going back years now. It's the way they roll, I guess, but it's unpleasant whether they win or lose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Classless!

Sour grapes much!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Classless!

Sour grapes much!

Thank you Mt. Sinai parent...

Please remember,
What comes around, goes around...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know why this surprises anyone. They are taught as YJ's to play like thugs and have very little respect for the other teams. It trickles down the ladder to people like Bertolone who is usually a pretty classy guy. Whenever you have parents with no class, stemming from a tremendously talented but classless Club program, this is what you'll get. Have you ever once in your life seen a guy like Pete Mitchell carry himself with enough class to actually care what effect his decisions have on the other team. Never and I hope the people of Mt Sinai like it because that's the name they're making for themselves.

I am not from Mt.Sinai, but I was at the game. As far as the time out, the Mt Sinai girl took at least 5 hacks from the Shoreham girls. It appeared the coach was trying to protect his player. I am not sure what any of this has to do with club. These are 2 very competitive towns with a big rivalry. I did not see or hear any heckling of the Shoreham players from the MT Sinai contingent. In fact there were many clapping for the Shoreham girls when they came to the sideline after the game. It was a hard played game by both teams. It is a shame that in these contests there always has to be mud slinging on this site. If you ask me, that is classless! Tip your hat and move on!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

True. No one likes to play Mt. Sinai because of the parents, and that goes for sports other than lacrosse as well, and I'm going back years now. It's the way they roll, I guess, but it's unpleasant whether they win or lose.

True? Were you there? No one heckled any Shoreham player. Stop feeding into the pot stirrers. There was no Drama, just the garbage that is being poste here.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

True? Were you there? No one heckled any Shoreham player. Stop feeding into the pot stirrers. There was no Drama, just the garbage that is being poste here.

No, I wasn't at the SWR game, but I was at the game when a Mt. Sinai parent heckled my daughter a few weeks back. That would be the same game where a player dropped her hand on the handshake line and shouldered my daughter instead. So I am not a fan of Mt. Sinai's act.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not from Mt.Sinai, but I was at the game. As far as the time out, the Mt Sinai girl took at least 5 hacks from the Shoreham girls. It appeared the coach was trying to protect his player. I am not sure what any of this has to do with club. These are 2 very competitive towns with a big rivalry. I did not see or hear any heckling of the Shoreham players from the MT Sinai contingent. In fact there were many clapping for the Shoreham girls when they came to the sideline after the game. It was a hard played game by both teams. It is a shame that in these contests there always has to be mud slinging on this site. If you ask me, that is classless! Tip your hat and move on!

Well I WAS at the game and all the behavior described by those parents DID happen. You should not claim to be someone your not. The comments are not mud slinging but instead unfortunate facts regarding the sad Mt Sinai program and culture. The entire Island hates you guys and it's not cause your winners (AND THAT'S ONLY BEEN FOR LIKE FIVE MINUTES) it's cause your classless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was there and the accounts are right on. Every team Mt Sinai played will have a similar story of classless behavior either by the players or the parents. Too bad L.I. has to be represented up state by this team and these parents. Embarrassing really.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone think it's ridiculous how Mt Sinai girls take acting classes in the off season. I saw a large bug fly near one of their heads and the player grabbed her head, fell to the ground and asked the ref for a yellow card. AND THE REF GAVE THE BUG A CARD...LOL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey I was not at the game, but I will say this congrats to Mt Sinai and also to SWR, two very solid programs. I would love to see them play the other teams in Suffolk to determine a true suffolk county champion. Forget going to states, have all these great teams battle it out for a Suffolk Championship and than a LI championship and than have that team play the Catholic School champs. No one would have to travel, we get to see all the kids we know and we are left with one LI Champion!!!!
Who would it be, Garden City,Manhasset, Ward Melville, Bay Shore, Mt Sinai, SWR, ESM, Sayville, St Anthonys.....why spend all the money traveling, have it right here at Hofstra, Stony Brook or Adelphi.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you people hide on this web site and talk about coaches and the girls that play the sport. I was at the game yesterday and switched side at half time because my daughter playes attack there was no attack or heckling by either team it was a hard fought game both teams played hard it was mount sinais turn thats all you all can learn something from the girls from both teams because they left it on the field the way it should be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey I was not at the game, but I will say this congrats to Mt Sinai and also to SWR, two very solid programs. I would love to see them play the other teams in Suffolk to determine a true suffolk county champion. Forget going to states, have all these great teams battle it out for a Suffolk Championship and than a LI championship and than have that team play the Catholic School champs. No one would have to travel, we get to see all the kids we know and we are left with one LI Champion!!!!
Who would it be, Garden City,Manhasset, Ward Melville, Bay Shore, Mt Sinai, SWR, ESM, Sayville, St Anthonys.....why spend all the money traveling, have it right here at Hofstra, Stony Brook or Adelphi.

Now that is a great idea!!!!! Why hasn't anyone thought of it...Duhhhh. Mt Sinai is undefeated against all of LI...you do the math sore loser.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is true. That would be great! and the winner plays McDonough (or Maryland Champ). I echo the congrats to both Mt. Sinai and Shoreham! Both programs have very hard working talented girls!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately for all you haters Mt.Sinai will be very tuff to beat for the next couple of years , hopefully they schedule some games against the other top programs on the island.The good news for you haters is that in 2016 they will come crashing back to earth and be average at best.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Wednesday, May 29th Results

Nassau Class A Championship

Farmingdale (1) defeats Massapequa (2), 11-9

Highlights

The Lady Dalers overcame a 5-2 deficit early in the third quarter with three and four goal runs including the final goal with 4:44 remaining. Farmingdale ran a successful five minute stall to close the game. While the Chiefs intercepted the ball with two minutes remaining, only one pass was needed for the Lady Dalers to regain control.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have the All-leagues in Suffolk been announced yet?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Halftime score and an upset in the making : Manhasset (2) leads Garden City (1) in Nassau Girls Class B, 7-3, at the half at Adelphi University.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Manhasset (2) leads Garden City (1) with 10:00 remaining in the second half, 11-5.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Wednesday, May 29th Results

Nassau Class A Championship

Farmingdale (1) defeats Massapequa (2), 11-9

Nassau Class B Championship

Manhasset (2) defeats Garden City (1), 14-8

Highlights

The Lady Dalers overcame a 5-2 deficit early in the third quarter with three and four goal runs including the final goal with 4:44 remaining. Farmingdale ran a successful five minute stall to close the game. While the Chiefs intercepted the ball with two minutes remaining, only one pass was needed for the Lady Dalers to regain control.

Manhasset won the draw control battle, 16-8, on their way to upsetting the seven time defending and top seeded Garden City Trojans. Danielle Gallagher leads the Indians to the Class B Championship. The win avenges the 10-9 regular season overtime loss suffered by the Indians.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i was at the game too and did not hear any inappropriate comments from either side. Both teams played well and it was Mt. Sinai's time to win. why make such hatred out of a win? the girls were fine, many are friends, and all the mount sinai parents were applauding when shoreham left the stadium. if you want to make hatred out of this, go ahead but its the sore loser parents doing it, not the girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i was at the game too and did not hear any inappropriate comments from either side. Both teams played well and it was Mt. Sinai's time to win. why make such hatred out of a win? the girls were fine, many are friends, and all the mount sinai parents were applauding when shoreham left the stadium. if you want to make hatred out of this, go ahead but its the sore loser parents doing it, not the girls.

It's real simple. EVERY team has issues with Mt Sinai and their culture. Is every one wrong? Should everyone just "move on" after having to tolerate that behavior? Should a kid be told it's OK to lower your hand and shoulder a player during the post game hand shake? OBVIOUSLY THE ANSWER IS NO AND THIS GOES WAY BEYOND ONE GAME. ITS A CULTURE OF UNSPORTSMANLIKE BEHAVIOR THAT PERMEATES THIS PROGRAM FROM THE PARENTS TO THE PLAYERS TO THE COACH.
Let's see how many people will share their personal Mt Sinai experiences.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
In Nassau Girls Class C, North Shore (2) is leading Cold Spring Harbor (1), 9-8, at halftime. North Shore scored on their opening possession in the second half to extend the lead to 10-8.

Like Reply Quote
Page 17 of 22 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 21 22
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard