Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
Limited Spots Available at the Girls NY Showcase on January 10th - Secure Your Spot Today! | NY Riptide Holiday Packs: 2 Season Tickets, 2 Sweatshirts, 2 Autographs and MORE – Just $159. Shop now at newyorkriptide.com
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2022-11th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 12/05/20 12:02 PM
Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 12/05/20 11:37 AM
Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 12/05/20 11:32 AM
Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 12/05/20 10:38 AM
Boys 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 12/05/20 10:34 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,149
Posts278,192
Members2,224
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Re: New England Prep School Lacrosse
ctlaxdad #314395 11/05/20 02:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even if you can't afford to do it and they want your kid, most have significant endowments and can and will provide significant financial assistance.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #314409 11/05/20 06:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If it gives my son a greater chance to get to a better school and then have a greater platform to achieve in life then its the right choice for me. Go Deerfield. I'll forgo the Denali package on my next vehicle to help fund. Parent as you like, my goal is to do all I can for my children to prepare them and put them in the best position possible for their own futures. Do I miss watching my son play football and lacrosse this year. heck yeah. Does he miss it exponentially more than me, yes. Worry about your own family...
Well Said if you have never had your kid experience prep school don't bash it because you have no idea what you are talking about. if you can afford to do it you will never regret it BEST MONEY EVER SPENT

My friend went to Taft and now he's in construction.

Like Reply Quote
ctlaxdad #314410 11/05/20 06:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it gives my son a greater chance to get to a better school and then have a greater platform to achieve in life then its the right choice for me. Go Deerfield. I'll forgo the Denali package on my next vehicle to help fund. Parent as you like, my goal is to do all I can for my children to prepare them and put them in the best position possible for their own futures. Do I miss watching my son play football and lacrosse this year. heck yeah. Does he miss it exponentially more than me, yes. Worry about your own family...
Well Said if you have never had your kid experience prep school don't bash it because you have no idea what you are talking about. if you can afford to do it you will never regret it BEST MONEY EVER SPENT

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #314430 11/06/20 07:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is the problem with construction. Most tradespersons will have learned a lifelong skill, zero college debt, health benefits and an annuity before your child even graduates

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #314443 11/06/20 09:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is the problem with construction. Most tradespersons will have learned a lifelong skill, zero college debt, health benefits and an annuity before your child even graduates

Taft was 60k at the time with four years of his school made it cost 240k plus college costs, then construction. Nothing wrong with construction, just that Prep did nothing as per the statement that it's worth every penny spent.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
ctlaxdad #314447 11/06/20 10:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have friends that went to colleges not listed on anyone's top 50's that own their own companies or are highly successful on Wall Street. I don't think anyone is going to argue that success is automatic if you go to an elite prep school or college, NOTHING is. Conversely, that you are doomed if you do not go to a highly regarded college. I think most rationale people would agree elite prep school to elite college is going to open up more opportunities initially out of school. From that point on its on the person and the degrees are for the most part office decorations, though there certainly are stronger networking channels afforded due to association. If you disagree with any of the above, well you need to get out a little more and see the world.

Like Reply Quote
ctlaxdad #314917 11/11/20 11:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prep Schools are great for cultivating friendships and networking as well as forming better study habits. However the same can be done in a solid public school. The difference is some universities would rather accept a student from a prep school vs public as they generally are tougher academically. Any decent college coach will tell you they look at Founders league first before almost every public school except a few powerhouses to recruit. Kids are generally older and more mature.

Like Reply Quote
ctlaxdad #314973 11/11/20 04:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I rest my case...

Like Reply Quote
ctlaxdad #315227 11/14/20 11:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious to here from other FOunders lacrosse parents...are your sons allowed to play with their clubs during the fall/winter break?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #315699 11/18/20 10:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious to here from other FOunders lacrosse parents...are your sons allowed to play with their clubs during the fall/winter break?
Yes, of course

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
ctlaxdad #315771 11/19/20 12:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A question purely conjecture looking for others opinions but I'm thinking there may be some sort of abbreviated spring season if vaccines can be administered in a timely fashion. I'm hopeful but not holding my breath

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #315876 11/20/20 10:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, of course

Its not of course. its more like do it at your own discretion but we prefer that you didn't. Just had a zoom meeting as we are heading into the break - where that exact question was asked of the administration. The question was asked about sports in general. The response was basically while we cant tell you what to do at home, you signed a social contract, there are rules in place depending upon where you live re gatherings, you will be coming back and will have to quarantine 2 weeks before return., etc . . .So while kids can play with their local teams its not being done with the blessings of the administration and I gathered they would preferred that you did not.

Like Reply Quote
ctlaxdad #315906 11/20/20 07:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the guidance. We are leaning towards not playing with the exception of outdoor workouts.

Like Reply Quote
ctlaxdad #315939 11/21/20 10:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for advice from parents with knowledge...Should we go to UA regional tryouts vs NXT showcase next summer. He is a 2024.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #315951 11/22/20 10:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Impossible.... Taft HS in the Bronx? Hotchkiss?

Like Reply Quote
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard