BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,075
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: 2013 Nassau PAL League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Call the club board or join a different club if that doesnt get addressed, that’s a ridiculous statement. PAL is a teaching league for all players.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have a contact number or such for Kings Park Youth lacrosse ? Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great points. Prour father of a 13 year old goalie here who started playing goal in PAL because no one else wanted to in 4th grade. As it turned out, he was one of those rare ones born to be a goalie even at that early age. The reflexes were there, but of course the instincts other than to come out and hit some kid on the crease weren't. That took time and training and coaching, maturity, nothing more. So now, at the ripe old age of 13, he has learned to stay in the cage unless he has to, he tracks the ball, plays the stick and even more, controls the defense which is were most goalies do not get to when they are developing. he has always saved more then 60% of the shots, but accoridng to all the expert parents on our teams, any shot taken he should have saved of course. So anyone who critiques a goalie at the age of 8 or 9 are uneducated about the difficulties of the position and to be honest, its a lonely role for these kids as well because u r the hero and the goat all the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watching my two play this game for years, from 3rd grade through JV. Would not want either of them to play goalie, hardest position on the field with every goal being judged.

Face offs also a stressful job, one kid wins, it means the other lost...even if a kid is winning 70%, that means he is lossing 30% of the time...

No other position on the field is judged as clearly by objective criteria--as goilie and F/O.

And then after all that, the kid standing next to the cage (at the early levels 3, 4, 5, and 6th grade) get all the glory for scoring...

Enjoy your time at the young levels, it gets even more competitive as you hit JV and everone thinks thier kid is in line for signing to some D-1 college in 10th grade...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At 8 years old the goalie should not be EXPECTED to stop anything yet. He needs to be taught the angles and all the other skills involved with the position. As he gets more experience then he can be expected to make certain saves. Not when he is just starting in the position in 3rd grade.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with the 8 year old goalie. It was so last week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was at a tryout for one if the major programs years back. Heard one of the well known coaches telling the goalies that "they are supposed to score on you" and any save they made is taken as a bonus. I was impressed with the compassion he took for the position and the quotes and attitude i use with my guys today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We should all remember that PAL is really about learning and fun at the early age and even as they get older. My son is a 13 year old goalie, plays on an "A" travel team, as well as the middle school team and is doing PAL because he loves the game.
But he doesn't even play the cage on the PAL team. he boucnes around, pays attack, middie, some defense because he loves the game so much and what playing cage in a PAL game doesn't prove anything for his abilities or his game.
Point is, especially in a PAL environment, parents need to seriously take a step back and remind themselves it is PAL!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7th grade PAL is not that competetive. 6the grade A division is all loaded with quality town teams. So that statement isn't so true at all age levels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most good 7/8th grade boys dont play PAL.. They play 5 days/week for school and probably 1 practice/week with their club. Why would any of them play on a PAL team on Sunday. I know this sounds CRAZY but the boys dont need to play 7 days/week!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty big over generalization don't you think? Our PAL team has a lot of great players that are on very competitive club teams and play for middle school teams. Every kid in the world is different and some actually enjoy playing most days of the week. Don't speak for everyone

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Most good 7/8th grade boys dont play PAL.. They play 5 days/week for school and probably 1 practice/week with their club. Why would any of them play on a PAL team on Sunday. I know this sounds CRAZY but the boys dont need to play 7 days/week!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every 7 and 8th grade boy that is on the middle school lax team in my town plays PAL this year! It is another chance for them to play with there friends since come summer they are all split up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my guy plays 7th grade travel, on a known and solid "A" team, plays middle school ball and is playing PAL to play with friends because they all love the game. He plays a different position on PAL vs. travel/school ball and just has fun.
And the games are very competitive. His team played a team this weekend i believe from Locust Valley and it was a competitive game. You had boys on both teams who are more advanced and serious like my son on both teams mixed with lesser players but they were all there to enjoy the game. They are 13. If they love the sport, they should play all the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know where you people are from ,but to have you 7 th grade solid A team son play all different positions is like a show off. Some real lacrosse towns don't have a 7th grade A division team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am the guy who wrote about the son on the 7th grade solid "A" team. I wasn't bragging. I meant the point more so as he plays different positions because he loves the game. He in no way plays other positions at the level he plays his primary role on travel and school ball. Not even close. Taken in the wrong context. He just does it because he enjoys the game so much and that is the extent of it. It's wasn't meant to show off at all and trust me when i say he looks like any other kid on the field in PAL, nothing impressive at all. Just being a kid and playing the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess I agree that PAL drops off after 6th grade, but that is a function of town lacrosse organizations and not the PAL. Our town has no PAL teams after 6th grade. My son plays middle school and travel ... he'd want to play town/PAL too, but it isn't an option.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wanted to compliment the North Shore PAL on their much appreciated display of sportsmanship and class.
RVC 4th G PAL played at NS on Mothers Day and the NS organization provided a rose for each of OUR player's mothers. We usually read negative stories on BOTC and just wanted to show our appreciation to this classy organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wanted to compliment the North Shore PAL on their much appreciated display of sportsmanship and class.
RVC 4th G PAL played at NS on Mothers Day and the NS organization provided a rose for each of OUR player's mothers. We usually read negative stories on BOTC and just wanted to show our appreciation to this classy organization.

same with jericho boys 3/4 who provided roses for not only the mothers of their own team but also for the mothers of the team they played, Elwood. very classy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same for Northport 7th, although the game was marred by a fight a the end. They beat Malverne 9-0 and with only 1 ref, things got a little chippy and out of hand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So with the season almost over who was the class of each grade level.

If you prefer we only ask this for 5th and above since they are only supposed to have the "a" divisions then so be it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are scary. What a first impression...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's kidding who. They all have A teams . Even at 3rd grade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's kidding who. They all have A teams . Even at 3rd grade

In 5th grade the best teams we have played are Garden City, Manhasset, West Islip, and Huntington.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Who's kidding who. They all have A teams . Even at 3rd grade

In 5th grade the best teams we have played are Garden City, Manhasset, West Islip, and Huntington.

Girls or Boys ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Who's kidding who. They all have A teams . Even at 3rd grade

Girls or Boys ?

Boys Division 1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the best in the 4th grade division?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the Best teams in the 2nd grade Division?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

seriously? I hope not. The 2nd grade division is comprised of first and second graders (6 and 7 year olds). This is 100% developmental with coaches on the fields and refs stopping the games to explain rules to the kids. They play 8v8 on small fields. 90% of the kids have never even played before. Hopefully you were just kidding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard that the Tutor Time 2028's are solid..they're getting a lot of looks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously? wanting to know who the best teams are in the 2nd grade PAL? Who cares - the question should be who are the 2nd grade teams that had the most fun and learned the most this year to come back next year...

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Does anyone know when the schedule will come of for the festival on June 9th?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by beech4evr

Coaches got the schedule for girls yesterday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any word on the boys schedule?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any word on the boys schedule?

It was sent yesterday to the directors of each town.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have the boys festival schedule to share?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have a 2014 'updated' copy of the Nassau County PAL Lacrosse Rules and Regulations?? - The only one available on their website is from 2011 - I heard there may me some new rule changes - Thanks in advance

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL coaches have access to it on horizonwebref. 2014 version

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Does anyone have a 2014 'updated' copy of the Nassau County PAL Lacrosse Rules and Regulations?? - The only one available on their website is from 2011 - I heard there may me some new rule changes - Thanks in advance
BOTC has received a copy of the rules for the Nassau PAL League for the Spring 2014 season and we have posted that information on the Rules and Regulations Forum.

Nassau PAL Rules - Spring 2014

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard