BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Boys 2022-11th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
New Jersey’s new restrictions go into effect Monday

what are they?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outdoor gatherings 150
Indoor 10

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How common are holdbacks in NY? I grew up on LI and my buddy says it doesn't happen at all. I'm sure it happens less than down south but I'm also sure that it happens.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the ten years my son played it really didn't happen! But if your team was playing against some stiff competition we would have guest players from the better age team or one grade above play with us! My son was small for his age when he was younger and did it a lot with the B team!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK so Rebels go 0-3 again and we're still gonna call them good? I say they are overrated!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels moved into AA division, Would crush all in other divisions

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How common are holdbacks in NY? I grew up on LI and my buddy says it doesn't happen at all. I'm sure it happens less than down south but I'm also sure that it happens.

Lots of holdbacks here. Some are even “famous” here

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the ten years my son played it really didn't happen! But if your team was playing against some stiff competition we would have guest players from the better age team or one grade above play with us! My son was small for his age when he was younger and did it a lot with the B team!

Plenty of holdbacks in Long Island. Including the most recent number one recruit in the country

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top 3 on LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop Rebels Dads! Your making fools of yourselves! You are a B+ team just like when you were called Outlaws Select! Get over it and move on you've lost your last six games!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These kids are done with club next summer. Aren’t you exhausted from all the years of nonsense. How about we just talk about recruiting and how to navigate Covid and the recruiting process. For example, tips some may have on video, showcases feedback, emailing coaches, etc. let’s focus on the this at this point, not if a team is B+ team, really? Maybe the moderator can open a thread dedicated just to recruiting for people to share perspectives since September 1 and what has worked and what is frustrating you all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plenty of holdbacks in Long Island. Including the most recent number one recruit in the country

Yeah the whole family is a bunch of cheats starting at the top with a fake tan and shiny white teeth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With colleges giving all their players an additional year many current high school players will be forced to PG a year as rosters will be over crowded

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop Rebels Dads! Your making fools of yourselves! You are a B+ team just like when you were called Outlaws Select! Get over it and move on you've lost your last six games!

After 91 please tell me who is better than Rebels and take JS kid off 91 and there isn’t much of a difference. Our kids have shown very well against the best teams and that is a fact

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These kids are done with club next summer. Aren’t you exhausted from all the years of nonsense. How about we just talk about recruiting and how to navigate Covid and the recruiting process. For example, tips some may have on video, showcases feedback, emailing coaches, etc. let’s focus on the this at this point, not if a team is B+ team, really? Maybe the moderator can open a thread dedicated just to recruiting for people to share perspectives since September 1 and what has worked and what is frustrating you all.

Spot on here. All the young kid BS is gone The energy spent on who has a better team is laughable

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go to the 2026 board and the LI dads there claim that it NEVER happens on LI. They must not be in the know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top 3 on LI

I'm gonna say I dont think so. They are a sold B+ or A- team but cannot hang in the "AA" bracket. Not a bad thing but some teams just need to learn their place !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels didn’t move up to AA division
Smash dropped out
The director picked the best B team to play up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Father of a 2026 here. Do you see more recruiting from your son playing with his HS team or from when he's playing club?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Father of a 2026 here. Do you see more recruiting from your son playing with his HS team or from when he's playing club?

Club.....our HS coach helps a little but it’s almost all club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wouldn’t that be the same as moving up to the AA division? Lost by 3 to prime time and express north, and leading edge better than those 2 and it was a game until the final minutes. I’d say that is a good showing. All these NLF teams are supposed to be so dominant. They’re not. Maybe smash is but 2-20 teams are all the same. Rebels can beat all of them and lose to all of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So answer this question: besides smash who is better on Long Island than rebels? Express-probably igloo-no legacy-no united-no. Soo gues the only AA teams on Long Island are 91 and maybe express. I guess Long Island lacrosse isn’t good anymore. Lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Rebels are not AA express is not either Express lost many many games this summer and fall to sub par teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and with private school, head coach as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Club, but depends on the club. Some of these clubs don’t have a network big enough and the ones that do, you better be a starter on the top team. Otherwise the recruiting falls on you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Club, but depends on the club. Some of these clubs don’t have a network big enough and the ones that do, you better be a starter on the top team. Otherwise the recruiting falls on you.

Club year coaches are key from the experience with my son. Do they know the college coaches well? is your team at the right showcase tournaments playing top level? How committed are your coaches to making sure they go to bat for your kid vs. just looking at players are $ signs? Critical questions to ask and if you have this do not hop clubs. Hope this helps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Club year coaches are key from the experience with my son. Do they know the college coaches well? is your team at the right showcase tournaments playing top level? How committed are your coaches to making sure they go to bat for your kid vs. just looking at players are $ signs? Critical questions to ask and if you have this do not hop clubs. Hope this helps.

Having been through the recruitment cycle with my older son and now going through with my middle guy. I can honestly say. Every situation is different. I’ve seen kids jump from club to club some it helped and some it hurt Depends on the kid and the club. Top clubs get kids recruited, they care about the top team first. Their second team kids get recruited but they are last on the list. The “B” clubs get kids recruited. There are recruiting teams that get kids recruited. There are so many options out there. First you need to be honest about your kids abilities. Then you need to do the leg work on your own. Individual showcases matter. Prospect days matter. Your film matters Some club coaches and directors are very helpful others not so much. Coaches and directors connection and reputation matter. HS coaches matter. All college coaches call them for their opinion
Grades matter!!!!!! Make sure your son is doing their best!! Pick a school for academic reasons. Not lacrosse.
Ask questions with your club and HS coaches. Get their opinions. Good luck!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All I’ll say is...if your son is not recruited at this point, you must do the work. They either haven’t seen your son play in person and need to because the film wasn’t enough or there is reason like grades, etc. so now it’s on you. Just facts because if you look at the inside lacrosse 2022 commit list there is about 250 2022s committed so far. So you probably want to start looking D2 and D3, not to say D1 is done by any stretch, because they will commit well into Senior year, but you need to start looking at every level and have a game plan. D2 and D3 is not like you’re settling, it’s still a high level of lacrosse at those levels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

After 91 please tell me who is better than Rebels and take JS kid off 91 and there isn’t much of a difference. Our kids have shown very well against the best teams and that is a fact

A true AA team will have great success is getting kids recruited. It will not matter if the Rebels or any other 2022 team is AA or a top five team if the director can’t get the players recruited. Are any of the 22 Rebels committed? Where? What is being done by your director to help in recruiting? If Express, 91, Igloo, Legacy and even FLG get more kids recruited into better colleges does it really matter if your kid played AA in high school. The true test will be where all the kids go to college. Hearing that 22 Rebels parents are not happy with how recruiting has gone so far. Could mean the parents are overrating the talent. Best advise Is stop claiming AA status because is does not matter if your kid is not happy where he lands to play college lacrosse. Let’s see where the Rebels players go to play college lacrosse. That will be the true test if they really are AA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I give MB credit for starting his own club, but if you are going to start a new program you have to start from scratch. That means not just carrying teams over from Outlaws but having tryouts and taking the best kids to build a team! That turned us off to play for them! And the schedule were every weekend your in Delaware or Maryland is way too expensive! P.S. And Daddy coaching!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What ten years are you talking....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I give MB credit for starting his own club, but if you are going to start a new program you have to start from scratch. That means not just carrying teams over from Outlaws but having tryouts and taking the best kids to build a team! That turned us off to play for them! And the schedule were every weekend your in Delaware or Maryland is way too expensive! P.S. And Daddy coaching!

Almost all their teams started from scratch and are pretty darn good, definitely the most up and coming club. Have a kid on 2 of teams (including 22) and both get a lot!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a bunch of garbage! I don't know about the younger teams but 2023 threw 2021 were the top teams from the Outlaws! PB jumped ship and took those teams over to the Rebels complete with the coaches and gutted what talent was left of the Outlaws! Now that club is just a shell of what he spent years building! It may not have been the best club but they got alot of of kids recruited!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a bunch of garbage! I don't know about the younger teams but 2023 threw 2021 were the top teams from the Outlaws! PB jumped ship and took those teams over to the Rebels complete with the coaches and gutted what talent was left of the Outlaws! Now that club is just a shell of what he spent years building! It may not have been the best club but they got alot of of kids recruited!

This is a business for these guys. It happens in every industry. Workers leave and start out on their own. When they leave they take customers to the new business. After you start a new business you must produce to keep those customers. Rebels 2021 had great success with recruiting. I hear the Rebels did nothing to help those kids. They happened to have some talented players that got recruited on their own. Now the Rebels take credit for that success. They then tell customers how great they are at recruiting. From the low numbers of 2022 Rebels that have been recruited so far it looks like they will need to have some help to get recruited. If the Rebels don’t help these kids word will get out that the Rebels do nothing to help with recruiting and they will loose business. People will leave for other clubs. That is what happened to the Outlaws and the same will probably happen to the Rebels in the future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a business for these guys. It happens in every industry. Workers leave and start out on their own. When they leave they take customers to the new business. After you start a new business you must produce to keep those customers. Rebels 2021 had great success with recruiting. I hear the Rebels did nothing to help those kids. They happened to have some talented players that got recruited on their own. Now the Rebels take credit for that success. They then tell customers how great they are at recruiting. From the low numbers of 2022 Rebels that have been recruited so far it looks like they will need to have some help to get recruited. If the Rebels don’t help these kids word will get out that the Rebels do nothing to help with recruiting and they will loose business. People will leave for other clubs. That is what happened to the Outlaws and the same will probably happen to the Rebels in the future.

Once a sheister, always a sheister.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you get on a showcase team, any in this area

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How has everyone, not a parent of a 4 star etc, been navigating recruiting. What are some successful things you have done to aide the process for example, club involvement, film, showcase, etc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now somebody brings up a subject worth talking about and crickets!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you get on a showcase team, any in this area

Payola, Politics and Cronyism. You don't have to be the best on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dont worry ratings mean nothing plenty of kids that did not attend any inside lacrosse events better then some of those 4 star rated players lists are bs and college coaches know that my son did not attend any showecases and was recuited pretty quick

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard