Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 01/26/21 11:24 AM
Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 01/26/21 11:21 AM
Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 01/26/21 10:41 AM
Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 01/26/21 10:36 AM
Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
by Anonymous - 01/26/21 10:34 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,208
Posts280,566
Members2,239
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 47 of 56 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 55 56
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
TheBackOfTheCage #315746 11/19/20 10:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody has sent 2 teams that I remember.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #315757 11/19/20 11:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They will expand the roster for WSYL...More $ for everyone.... Body By Jake gets paid, directors get paid, kids get hosed. Nicely done. Soon it will be 2 age groups every year at WSYL...oh wait, it already is, for this year. The WSYL is a glorified playdate with a much bigger price tag. But you get that "free" Warp mini. Sooooooooooooooooooooo lame

Some teams need to trim the fat. Max roster is 23, plus 2 goalies. So a roster of 28-30 will need to cut 25% of their roster, or more if they are looking to add new talent.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #315762 11/19/20 11:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nobody has sent 2 teams that I remember.
Express is planning on it.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #315765 11/19/20 11:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL will expand the roster size. The directors are already lobbying for it. "Cuting fat" is cutting profit. Not gonna happen. Just be glad the "event" is in DC this yr and not Denver...and that's even if it happens due to Covid. Flipside: if that happens they will have 3 age groups in 2022... Lovely. Thats alot of T shirts.....

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #315766 11/19/20 11:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nobody has sent 2 teams that I remember.
Express is planning on it.

I think they are at 26, not sure about 25

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #315770 11/19/20 12:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nobody has sent 2 teams that I remember.
Express is planning on it.

I think they are at 26, not sure about 25
Some programs have tried to qualify with 2 teams, just hasn't worked out. Now with fat rosters there will be more. Or WSYL will cave and allow teams 30 players. Win Win for clubs and WSYL, more players = more $$$$, that's all it's about. Why do you think the WSYL was created anyway? Generate revenue. Oh wait my bad, it's about the kids, says the director as he's telling you he has 10 more kids who want to join your team. Congratulations you've been played.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #315776 11/19/20 01:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Team 91 going all the way again this year at the WSYL, which will make it #4 world championships for 91. The acquisition of the 2024 Wolfpack goalie solidified it. A total stud between the pipes. The result is now a forgone conclusion. Good luck to the teams competing for the runner up spot. But be careful what you wish for, because it IS going to be ugly!

The WP goalie looks impressive and puts on a good show, but it's a show and that is it. The other WP goalie is much better, makes a lot more saves with less showboating and safer clears. 91 will need more than that kid to make a difference.

The boy that’s playing for the 2025 team starts every game for the Wolfpack. I highly doubt that he plays second fiddle to anyone on that team. Definitely one of the elite 2024 goalies.

Doubt all you want, but smart coaches put the better goalie in the 2H when there is less time to hold a lead or stage a comeback.

You’re obviously not a lacrosse coach. Teams always start their best in hopes of getting the lead and then put the 2nd string guy in, to try to hold it. Worst case scenario, coach can always go back to the starter if he needs to. Or just leave him in the whole game, if the starter is red hot. So coach has several options by starting best goalie. That’s how it works in lacrosse, my friend.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #315779 11/19/20 01:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
WSYL will expand the roster size. The directors are already lobbying for it. "Cuting fat" is cutting profit. Not gonna happen. Just be glad the "event" is in DC this yr and not Denver...and that's even if it happens due to Covid. Flipside: if that happens they will have 3 age groups in 2022... Lovely. Thats alot of T shirts.....

I would expect that they keep 7th and 8th grade years ongoing.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #315836 11/19/20 10:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Team 91 going all the way again this year at the WSYL, which will make it #4 world championships for 91. The acquisition of the 2024 Wolfpack goalie solidified it. A total stud between the pipes. The result is now a forgone conclusion. Good luck to the teams competing for the runner up spot. But be careful what you wish for, because it IS going to be ugly!

The WP goalie looks impressive and puts on a good show, but it's a show and that is it. The other WP goalie is much better, makes a lot more saves with less showboating and safer clears. 91 will need more than that kid to make a difference.

The boy that’s playing for the 2025 team starts every game for the Wolfpack. I highly doubt that he plays second fiddle to anyone on that team. Definitely one of the elite 2024 goalies.

Doubt all you want, but smart coaches put the better goalie in the 2H when there is less time to hold a lead or stage a comeback.

You’re obviously not a lacrosse coach. Teams always start their best in hopes of getting the lead and then put the 2nd string guy in, to try to hold it. Worst case scenario, coach can always go back to the starter if he needs to. Or just leave him in the whole game, if the starter is red hot. So coach has several options by starting best goalie. That’s how it works in lacrosse, my friend.

You better talk to Brian Spallina or Jimmy Mule and set them straight. They’ve got it all wrong according to you.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #315847 11/20/20 07:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They obviously do have it all wrong as their 2025 team is garbage

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #315851 11/20/20 07:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
WSYL will expand the roster size. The directors are already lobbying for it. "Cuting fat" is cutting profit. Not gonna happen. Just be glad the "event" is in DC this yr and not Denver...and that's even if it happens due to Covid. Flipside: if that happens they will have 3 age groups in 2022... Lovely. Thats alot of T shirts.....

I would expect that they keep 7th and 8th grade years ongoing.

I think MD teams will win both 2025 and 2026 this year. Many clubs down there are going all in to do a full sweep of title.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
TheBackOfTheCage #315856 11/20/20 08:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does all in mean? So Long Island teams aren’t all in? Are they half in? Are they 3/4 in?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #315862 11/20/20 08:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What does all in mean? So Long Island teams aren’t all in? Are they half in? Are they 3/4 in?

They are adding all-star players to replace the large holes of older aged holdbacks. Plus the quality of players and clubs appears to be stronger than LI. So the combination of those two factors is going to make it very hard for LI to do anything but lose this year.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #315866 11/20/20 09:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What does all in mean? So Long Island teams aren’t all in? Are they half in? Are they 3/4 in?

Just the tip

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #315868 11/20/20 09:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What does all in mean? So Long Island teams aren’t all in? Are they half in? Are they 3/4 in?

They are adding all-star players to replace the large holes of older aged holdbacks. Plus the quality of players and clubs appears to be stronger than LI. So the combination of those two factors is going to make it very hard for LI to do anything but lose this year.

That's why they play the games.

Like Reply Quote
Page 47 of 56 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 55 56
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard
BOTC SPONSORS

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4