BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 64 of 267 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I guess you haven't heard of the dream teams being built by MadLax and VLC/DCE/NL.

NY teams have won every year. They do it by building specific All-star WS teams. No club can win straight up without augmenting.

Saw the Madlax Monuments. With it being local, I think more teams than there should be will be trying to qualify limiting the free agent options.[/quote]

I'm not sure Monuments and BlackOps would be consider augmented but, rather, outright formation of a new club/team specifically meant to play in national tournaments as stated on their sites. I actually think it will be the opposite for area teams trying to qualify except for the Hawks and maybe one or 2 others. They won't bother trying to compete against these types of teams.[/quote]

The WSYL is about the battle between North(NY, CT, NJ) versus the East (MD, DC, VA). NY has won every year. East region should look to build the best teams possible to win. Not sure why you would be complaining, unless you are from North. NY teams are building all-star teams. Think of it like an arms race.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The WSYL is about the battle between North(NY, CT, NJ) versus the East (MD, DC, VA). NY has won every year. East region should look to build the best teams possible to win. Not sure why you would be complaining, unless you are from North. NY teams are building all-star teams. Think of it like an arms race.[/quote]

Hawks are less than 100 miles and maybe BBL or Tigers? Any others?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From where does Monument expect to pull players besides Madlax's own teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you people put Hawks first? They havent played HOCO and havent played in any tournaments with decent competition. Sounds like you all are overrating them and they arent actually that good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

The WSYL is about the battle between North(NY, CT, NJ) versus the East (MD, DC, VA). NY has won every year. East region should look to build the best teams possible to win. Not sure why you would be complaining, unless you are from North. NY teams are building all-star teams. Think of it like an arms race.[/quote]

Really, that's what is about? Try reading the eligibility rules. https://worldseriesofyouthlacrosse.com/rules/
The augmentation of teams by adding players from upper age groups like they do in NY and the formation of WSYL specific teams is clearly walking in a dark gray area. It will make for better 7th grade lacrosse but it is not what it is about. Not a complaint, an observation. Or is that allowed (db)?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you people put Hawks first? They havent played HOCO and havent played in any tournaments with decent competition. Sounds like you all are overrating them and they arent actually that good.
Very good point. My son's team played Hawks this fall, and they were a great team but not as dominant as I expected.

Hawks Dads, try to be objective, how would you rate against Looneys, Crabs, and MadLax?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that is a good question. The best players on BLC/VLC/NL are taken. I doubt there are many kids from the B level teams like Cavalier that MadLax would want. Are players from teams like Looneys, Crabs, 91 going to try out for Monument?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh stop it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shut up an go back under your rock

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very good point. My son's team played Hawks this fall, and they were a great team but not as dominant as I expected.

Hawks Dads, try to be objective, how would you rate against Looneys, Crabs, and MadLax?

Can't you guys find a new topic and stop IAmInsecure riding the Hawks. My God.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are the All In tryouts smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that is a good question. The best players on BLC/VLC/NL are taken. I doubt there are many kids from the B level teams like Cavalier that MadLax would want. Are players from teams like Looneys, Crabs, 91 going to try out for Monument?
If Looney's, Crabs and 91 are so good why would they not enter the WSYL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Hawks have a bunch of holes with holdbacks out of picture, I would image the best players from Baltimore go to Hawks, unless Crabs and looneys are building a team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2027 holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know this question was for a Hawks dad - but I don't understand why this question is even asked. Hawks beat all these teams. And without their best player. Tigers and Edge are the only teams that can talk garbage about Hawks. The rest of us should shut up and focus on our own kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

The WSYL is about the battle between North(NY, CT, NJ) versus the East (MD, DC, VA). NY has won every year. East region should look to build the best teams possible to win. Not sure why you would be complaining, unless you are from North. NY teams are building all-star teams. Think of it like an arms race.

Really, that's what is about? Try reading the eligibility rules. https://worldseriesofyouthlacrosse.com/rules/
The augmentation of teams by adding players from upper age groups like they do in NY and the formation of WSYL specific teams is clearly walking in a dark gray area. It will make for better 7th grade lacrosse but it is not what it is about. Not a complaint, an observation. Or is that allowed (db)?[/quote]

That's not what it should be about, but that is what it will be about. It'll be an All LI team plus others in the finals hopefully vs a MD team. Like the other poster said, 100 miles is the rule. Long Island has a greater population than the state of MD. Add in the majority of Conn, most of NJ, NYC and north all being within 100 miles and you have the super team that the Express want.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks, Mad Lax, 91MD, Looneys, Crabs, BLC, VLC FCA.

Can you explain 91 being ranked so high?

Probably done by a 91 dad is my guess.

91 plays a hard schedule, they went to NAL and NLF and played tighter games against top ranked teams. Mad Lax does the same. Have Mad Lax and Looneys played this year?

Nice try 91 Dad; you team is awful and imploding. Mass exodus by summers end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Hawks have a bunch of holes with holdbacks out of picture, I would image the best players from Baltimore go to Hawks, unless Crabs and looneys are building a team?

No Baltimore players being added to the Hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope they do another All In team.
Well coached.
Players had a blast.
Why do you care?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is All In?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope they do another All In team.
Well coached.
Players had a blast.
Why do you care?

When are tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

No Baltimore players being added to the Hawks.

I think Hawks have a problem, they don’t want to duck out of WS because it will look bad, but if they participate they risk getting knocked out early. I suggest they don’t go to WS because losing in the early rounds is worse than not showing up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed All-In was great. My son had a great time. Had they practiced more then one time for 40 minutes they could have made a really big statement. Tough to be at your peak when you have no EMO set. Despite all that the families were very appreciative of the folks who put together the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys dad has trouble remembering playing Madlax this summer. Teams played four times and Looneys lost THREE times. Played in NLF in PA, Adrenaline Platinum Cup (only Looneys win) and then twice at Millon 2026 tournament in August. All the games were competitive and good matchups. In November Madlax beat FCA, VLC and 91 MD. Only loss in the Fall was to Tigers. Tigers were the better team and deserved the win. Regarding WSYL- east qualifier includes NJ and PA with MD,VA. Only 4 teams qualify so expect NJ to have strong teams like Towermen & BBL and PA with Tigers. Maybe 1 or 2 teams from MD/VA qualify.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh stop it.

When did the Hawks last play Looneys or Crabs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys dad has trouble remembering playing Madlax this summer. Teams played four times and Looneys lost THREE times. Played in NLF in PA, Adrenaline Platinum Cup (only Looneys win) and then twice at Millon 2026 tournament in August. All the games were competitive and good matchups. In November Madlax beat FCA, VLC and 91 MD. Only loss in the Fall was to Tigers. Tigers were the better team and deserved the win. Regarding WSYL- east qualifier includes NJ and PA with MD,VA. Only 4 teams qualify so expect NJ to have strong teams like Towermen & BBL and PA with Tigers. Maybe 1 or 2 teams from MD/VA qualify.

Hi Madlax dad.

Thanks for reminding us. You forgot to mention, two loses were in OT to the national team. 👍🏼 They only played three times this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed All-In was great. My son had a great time. Had they practiced more then one time for 40 minutes they could have made a really big statement. Tough to be at your peak when you have no EMO set. Despite all that the families were very appreciative of the folks who put together the team.

When are tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh stop it.

Hawks beat Crabs a month ago with all their new additions. Shut up and go back under your rock.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh stop it.

Beat Crabs 2-3 weeks ago at Blandair - The debut of the 2025 Crabs playing 2026

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh stop it.

Beat Crabs in October.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is All In?

True Atlantic!!! lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys upgraded its roster substantially this fall with holdbacks or transfers from other teams. If MadLax was relatively close with Looneys in the summer, they would have their hands full if the two teams played today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is All In?

True Atlantic!!! lol

True Atlantic.....the one from Ohio?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh stop it.

Beat Crabs 2-3 weeks ago at Blandair - The debut of the 2025 Crabs playing 2026
It’s sad really, that it took their 25 players to make the the 26 team relevant. Keep doing you Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys upgraded its roster substantially this fall with holdbacks or transfers from other teams. If MadLax was relatively close with Looneys in the summer, they would have their hands full if the two teams played today.

One would assume that Madlax also has some new additions and holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One could assume, but I have watched both teams play, and Looneys has new players this fall that make an impact, and MadLax does not.

I’m not connected to either and I respect both teams; just saying that a game now would probably be different than summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anxious to see Madlax play Looneys with their new additions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
every single team discussed on this forum has holdbacks.... let it go already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely true, any team in top 20 US club lax rankings has to have holdbacks otherwise they wouldn’t be competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most accurate post in the forum.

Like Reply Quote
Page 64 of 267 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard