BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,228
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 63 of 267 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How many holdbacks do BLC, VLC and Next Level have that they need to combine to form a WSYL team?

As with the Hawks, or any team, nobody knows how many holdbacks a team actually has. But my guess is that the 2026 VLC and NextLevel teams have few or zero holdbacks, and BLC probably has more, due to the fact that BLC tends to get players from Mater Dei, a school that encourages/allows athletes to repeat a year.

If I am wrong about any of those three teams, I am sure a parent from that team will chime in.

But the implication of your question is wrong - those programs are not joining forces to plug holdback holes, but rather because they do not enough elite level players to fill a 25 man roster. Very few teams do.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many holdbacks do BLC, VLC and Next Level have that they need to combine to form a WSYL team?

LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all are more dense than I assumed. I’m not a Hawks dad at all. The post was just to show how consumed you guys are over a team that your kid doesn’t play for or never will.

It’s known that the 4 kids who are “too old” for WSYL were held back before 1st grade. Not for lacrosse.

I’ve seen them play up a last year and they lost all their games BUT they weren’t scared of the bigger kids and they never lost by more than 4 or 5 goals. The boys are tough, they aren’t scared of competition. Whether it be at practice or in games.

The club owner has always said they recruit for hardwork first and foremost. Then athleticism, IQ, and skill. The first 2 traits can’t be “coached” you have it or you don’t. The last 2 can be developed.

Until another team outworks them for the WHOLE GAME, they will continue to get better and improve.

Stop riding their dicks, get outside with your sons and teach them some work ethic. It will help way more than anything else.

Like the guy mentioned about the tryouts, it shows that most others talk a big game but don’t show up to test them.

Speculation about others is for LOSERS!
You are the one who continues to open your mouth, why don’t you take your own advice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just know that everyone else on this site is laughing at the idiocy of Baltimore's '26 board. Such losers....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just know that everyone else on this site is laughing at the idiocy of Baltimore's '26 board. Such losers....
If you are such a lost that you lurk on boards where you have no connection, just for the laughs, go over and check out the Looneys board. It is as crazy as this one, but way more vicious and the parents call out each other by name. You will love it!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are such a lost that you lurk on boards where you have no connection, just for the laughs, go over and check out the Looneys board. It is as crazy as this one, but way more vicious and the parents call out each other by name. You will love it!

Definitely an option but more entertaining here engaging directly with Coach Rage, make him unravel and go into a rage rant? And it is free for the entertainment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Definitely an option but more entertaining here engaging directly with Coach Rage, make him unravel and go into a rage rant? And it is free for the entertainment.

LOL!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
now that fall is over what is the rank of the md teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
now that fall is over what is the rank of the md teams?

Hawks 1. Everyone else - don’t care.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks
Madlax
Crabs
VLC
Looneys
BLC
Next Level
Roughriders
True

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks
Madlax
Crabs
VLC
Looneys
BLC
Next Level
Roughriders
True
Looneys is too low - insert between Hawks and MadLax and bump the next three down a notch. Other than that this looks about right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks
Madlax
Crabs
VLC
Looneys
BLC
Next Level
Roughriders
True

Don't think Madlax has played anyone higher than 91 so ranked 2nd... I guess...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks
Madlax
Crabs
VLC
Looneys
BLC
Next Level
Roughriders
True
Looneys is too low - insert between Hawks and MadLax and bump the next three down a notch. Other than that this looks about right.
You can not put 91 above anyone at the moment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You forgot FCA. They have lost some players but certainly are no worse than the bottom three on this list. They took VLC to OT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall lacrosse mean absolutely nothing and the big picture is that's its 7th grade lacrosse. It means nothing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks, Mad Lax, 91MD, Looneys, Crabs, BLC, VLC FCA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As with the Hawks, or any team, nobody knows how many holdbacks a team actually has. But my guess is that the 2026 VLC and NextLevel teams have few or zero holdbacks, and BLC probably has more, due to the fact that BLC tends to get players from Mater Dei, a school that encourages/allows athletes to repeat a year.

If I am wrong about any of those three teams, I am sure a parent from that team will chime in.

But the implication of your question is wrong - those programs are not joining forces to plug holdback holes, but rather because they do not enough elite level players to fill a 25 man roster. Very few teams do.

Here's your chime in. Almost 1/3 of those rosters are born prior to 9/1 (6-8 out of 22-24) and BLC does skew even higher.

The purpose of WSYL wasn't supposed to be all star teams but it was supposed to be a club team championship which is why they have rules regarding geographic distance and registered rosters for tournaments. It changed a little as the years went on with the NY teams adding players who were born before 12/31 and the DC/Balt teams deciding it wasn't worth the trouble and expense to field qualifying rosters. The last 2 years of WSYL did not field competitive teams beyond NY.

Because the WSYL has moved to MD, the local clubs are skirting the original spirit and are definitely adding a layer of $ to their programs to try and win. That's okay and I don't think they'll have any shortage of good players for the all-star rosters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall lacrosse mean absolutely nothing and the big picture is that's its 7th grade lacrosse. It means nothing

Not to the kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the insight 91 dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you explain 91 being ranked so high?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks
Madlax
Crabs
VLC
Looneys
BLC
Next Level
Roughriders
True

BLC > VLC for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably done by a 91 dad is my guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here's your chime in. Almost 1/3 of those rosters are born prior to 9/1 (6-8 out of 22-24) and BLC does skew even higher.

The purpose of WSYL wasn't supposed to be all star teams but it was supposed to be a club team championship which is why they have rules regarding geographic distance and registered rosters for tournaments. It changed a little as the years went on with the NY teams adding players who were born before 12/31 and the DC/Balt teams deciding it wasn't worth the trouble and expense to field qualifying rosters. The last 2 years of WSYL did not field competitive teams beyond NY.

Because the WSYL has moved to MD, the local clubs are skirting the original spirit and are definitely adding a layer of $ to their programs to try and win. That's okay and I don't think they'll have any shortage of good players for the all-star rosters.

That's what I expected on those teams.
I agree that the WSYL rules allow for the tournament to be more of an all star team competition. Draw a 100 mile radius from the center of LI, they can pull from all of LI, the majority of NJ, the majority of Connecticut, Southern Mass, eastern PA and White Plains NY area. If all you need to do is play 1 tournament, and the qualifier then covering that distance is certainly doable if they want to. Same goes for Baltimore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The purpose of WSYL is to take away the domination of older kids (i.e. holdbacks) so that there is even playing field. The concept of on-age All-Star teams is fine; all the prior winning teams have all added players to their roster specifically for WS. Top ranked teams all have holdbacks which skews their winning record and consequently makes them top ranked. To be able to compete they need to replace. I don’t think any club will be building a “dream team” but will plug holes here and there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks
Madlax
Crabs
VLC
Looneys
BLC
Next Level
Roughriders
True

BLC > VLC for sure.

VLC beat BLC 7-4 in the Hoco Fall league on 9/13. Did they have any other head-to-head matchups after that? Not sure BLC is currently better than VLC, certainly not "for sure."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks
Madlax
Crabs
VLC
Looneys
BLC
Next Level
Roughriders
True

BLC > VLC for sure.

VLC beat BLC 7-4 in the Hoco Fall league on 9/13. Did they have any other head-to-head matchups after that? Not sure BLC is currently better than VLC, certainly not "for sure."

And while we're at it, Looneys def. VLC 5-1 in Hoco Fall on 9/20, so same question. Personally I'd swap Looneys and VLC in that ranking. And who did Team 91 play/defeat this fall to merit being up there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks
Madlax
Crabs
VLC
Looneys
BLC
Next Level
Roughriders
True

BLC > VLC for sure.

And while we're at it, Looneys def. VLC 5-1 in Hoco Fall on 9/20, so same question. Personally I'd swap Looneys and VLC in that ranking. And who did Team 91 play/defeat this fall to merit being up there?

Looneys also beat crabs twice and Madlax once. Looneys did beat VLC in the fall but lost to them 3-4 in a tournament. VLC scored with 15 seconds left.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably done by a 91 dad is my guess.

91 plays a hard schedule, they went to NAL and NLF and played tighter games against top ranked teams. Mad Lax does the same. Have Mad Lax and Looneys played this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

The purpose of WSYL is to take away the domination of older kids (i.e. holdbacks) so that there is even playing field. The concept of on-age All-Star teams is fine; all the prior winning teams have all added players to their roster specifically for WS. Top ranked teams all have holdbacks which skews their winning record and consequently makes them top ranked. To be able to compete they need to replace. I don’t think any club will be building a “dream team” but will plug holes here and there.[/quote]

I guess you haven't heard of the dream teams being built by MadLax and VLC/DCE/NL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks
Madlax
Crabs
VLC
Looneys
BLC
Next Level
Roughriders
True

BLC > VLC for sure.

Looneys also beat crabs twice and Madlax once. Looneys did beat VLC in the fall but lost to them 3-4 in a tournament. VLC scored with 15 seconds left.

Have they beaten the Crabs with all of the new holdbacks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

The purpose of WSYL is to take away the domination of older kids (i.e. holdbacks) so that there is even playing field. The concept of on-age All-Star teams is fine; all the prior winning teams have all added players to their roster specifically for WS. Top ranked teams all have holdbacks which skews their winning record and consequently makes them top ranked. To be able to compete they need to replace. I don’t think any club will be building a “dream team” but will plug holes here and there.

I guess you haven't heard of the dream teams being built by MadLax and VLC/DCE/NL.[/quote]

NY teams have won every year. They do it by building specific All-star WS teams. No club can win straight up without augmenting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks
Madlax
Crabs
VLC
Looneys
BLC
Next Level
Roughriders
True

BLC > VLC for sure.

Have they beaten the Crabs with all of the new holdbacks?

Yes the beat them twice in the HOCO season. One was for the championship. Their first game against each other was a good one to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you haven't heard of the dream teams being built by MadLax and VLC/DCE/NL.[/quote]

NY teams have won every year. They do it by building specific All-star WS teams. No club can win straight up without augmenting.[/quote]

Saw the Madlax Monuments. With it being local, I think more teams than there should be will be trying to qualify limiting the free agent options.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New rankings just released (by me):

Top 8 for spring Hoco, in projected order:

Hawks
Looneys
Crabs
MadLax
BLC
VLC
91/FCA (tie)

I don't think that True, NextLevel, or Roughriders consider themselves part of that list. If I am wrong, I am sure somebody from those teams will tell me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks
Looneys
Crabs
MadLax
BLC
VLC
91/FCA (tie)

I don't think that True, NextLevel, or Roughriders consider themselves part of that list. If I am wrong, I am sure somebody from those teams will tell me.

Seems legit!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems Hawks have the best attack and Looneys with their new additions have the best D. Which team has best middies?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks
Looneys
Crabs
MadLax
BLC
VLC
91/FCA (tie)

Seems legit!

Hawks, Madlax, Crabs (with new holdbacks) would be top three teams. For everyone else it is a toss up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you haven't heard of the dream teams being built by MadLax and VLC/DCE/NL.

NY teams have won every year. They do it by building specific All-star WS teams. No club can win straight up without augmenting.[/quote]

Saw the Madlax Monuments. With it being local, I think more teams than there should be will be trying to qualify limiting the free agent options.[/quote]

I'm not sure Monuments and BlackOps would be consider augmented but, rather, outright formation of a new club/team specifically meant to play in national tournaments as stated on their sites. I actually think it will be the opposite for area teams trying to qualify except for the Hawks and maybe one or 2 others. They won't bother trying to compete against these types of teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NY teams have won every year. They do it by building specific All-star WS teams. No club can win straight up without augmenting.

Saw the Madlax Monuments. With it being local, I think more teams than there should be will be trying to qualify limiting the free agent options.[/quote]

I'm not sure Monuments and BlackOps would be consider augmented but, rather, outright formation of a new club/team specifically meant to play in national tournaments as stated on their sites. I actually think it will be the opposite for area teams trying to qualify except for the Hawks and maybe one or 2 others. They won't bother trying to compete against these types of teams.[/quote]

So what local teams are entering the WSYL besides these combined teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not sure Monuments and BlackOps would be consider augmented but, rather, outright formation of a new club/team specifically meant to play in national tournaments as stated on their sites. I actually think it will be the opposite for area teams trying to qualify except for the Hawks and maybe one or 2 others. They won't bother trying to compete against these types of teams.[/quote]

I agree that the all star format certainly has potential to rise to the top, but if you're on an elite team and they are planning on trying to qualify, then you aren't trying out for one of the all star teams. The qualifier is 128 days away with winter and covid restrictions between. My money would be on an Elite team that added a few players over an all star team.

Like Reply Quote
Page 63 of 267 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard