Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #314363 11/05/20 09:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess Skywalkers beat you and you are sad. My daughter plays on an opposing team and they are our favorite team to play. Always great competition.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

TheBackOfTheCage #314632 11/09/20 08:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We just returned to San Diego (Mad Dog West Elite girls 2024) from Prime Time and LAX Recruiting Challenge. Wanted to give the Mid-atlantic region cudos for putting together a great weekend of lacrosse. The competition our girls faced was significantly better overall than what they face in California and we are looking forward to more trips out here in the future.

As we are not very familiar with the Eastern teams, I was curious what the forum thought about the teams that our girls faced (MD United, LI Legacy, M&D Red, Mesa Elite, Phantastix Purple, and Carolina Fever)? Our girls had a good weekend (6-0; I realize that COVID rules/no draws change things a bit) and we are trying to gauge where the team is relative to the rest of the country. Obviously the vast majority of the talent is out East so it is fun to pick the brains of people who understand the lacrosse landscape at a national level.

By the way I am new to this forum and apologize if this type of question has been asked by other Western parents previously.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #314776 11/10/20 08:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We just returned to San Diego (Mad Dog West Elite girls 2024) from Prime Time and LAX Recruiting Challenge. Wanted to give the Mid-atlantic region cudos for putting together a great weekend of lacrosse. The competition our girls faced was significantly better overall than what they face in California and we are looking forward to more trips out here in the future.

As we are not very familiar with the Eastern teams, I was curious what the forum thought about the teams that our girls faced (MD United, LI Legacy, M&D Red, Mesa Elite, Phantastix Purple, and Carolina Fever)? Our girls had a good weekend (6-0; I realize that COVID rules/no draws change things a bit) and we are trying to gauge where the team is relative to the rest of the country. Obviously the vast majority of the talent is out East so it is fun to pick the brains of people who understand the lacrosse landscape at a national level.

By the way I am new to this forum and apologize if this type of question has been asked by other Western parents previously.

Glad your teams from out west could make the trip. It was a great event and well attended. The best 2024 teams this weekend played on Saturday at the Chesapeake Invitational (Heros, SW, M & D, Monsters, Pride, Capital, LI Top Guns). You might have gotten more "bang for your buck" had you been able to register for both events, however 6 games in 2 days could be a bit much. The teams noted above are a mix of B+ (MD United and Legacy) and B- teams. This does not mean they are not competitive as they run a well organized offense, but just lack the overall athleticism and tenacity as the top A level programs. The way I look at it is that the girls are able to compete in athletics when most HS seasons have been postponed. Truly lucky.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #315700 11/18/20 10:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess Skywalkers beat you and you are sad. My daughter plays on an opposing team and they are our favorite team to play. Always great competition.

You must not be from Baltimore or a Skywalker parent trying to hide.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #315946 11/22/20 08:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who’s the next big time player from the 24 age group in Maryland? Interested In hearing some opinions although I think most would make their own kid. I’ll start with 2 kids that impress me. Left handed attacker on Nems and #2 on heros green. Play unselfish and always working. Can hurt you in multiple ways. Really like their game!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #315954 11/22/20 01:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks #2 hero’s dad.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316051 Yesterday at 02:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#26 Skywalkers imo is their best player. Does everything, will be a player at next level.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316070 Yesterday at 06:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clever M&D subterfuge. Ask other clubs to identify all of the strongest players so they can recruit them.

Bravo, well played!

smile

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #316080 Yesterday at 09:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Careful. It could be Mike & Molly looking to send invites for their private top secret tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316089 5 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is gross to be talking about ninth grade girls. They’re all good and all trying their best.

smile[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #316106 2 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh Please !!! I watched the 24 black coach use the 21 Black coach on two different occasions this summer to hold a "training" - ie... private tryout for two girls from other clubs. And little squat assistant coach was there watching too. My daughter was at the fields both days. So don't try to cast aspersions on skywalkers and private tryouts. M&D is just as guilty. I'm sure hero's does the same.

Careful. It could be Mike & Molly looking to send invites for their private top secret tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Little squat assistant seems redundant.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #316119 1 hour ago