BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 28 1 2 25 26 27 28
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Heard yesterday that a coach is positive for Covid and here it is the next day and the club has not notified they families. They were at a tournament last Sunday too.
Which tournament ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schools shutting down . Tournaments out of state done . Once again another uncertain winter training . Keep filling the the clubs pockets .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son had a great fall. We will see what happens. Hope for the best. Are we supposed to hide under our blankets, like kids scared of the boogie man.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard yesterday that a coach is positive for Covid and here it is the next day and the club has not notified they families. They were at a tournament last Sunday too.
Which tournament ?

NJ, NAL. NLF is this weekend, held at the same location in NJ as last weekends tourney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope the clubs put freeze on tuition not like last spring because everything getting shut down ...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope the clubs put freeze on tuition not like last spring because everything getting shut down ...

That's hilarious, I needed a good laugh today thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's hilarious, I needed a good laugh today thank you.

Until you start crying 2-3 months from now and your talking bad about your greedy director taking your cash !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look- a fool and his money are soon parted as the saying goes.

No idea about the boys side of this whole thing, but my daughter's club was paid in installments which effectively made them paid in full prior to the season. And then there was no season. Yes the director arranged some complete BS "play dates" and a mosquito fest in Heckscher State Park. No refund and no discount, even though it should be clear to anyone that he made out like a bandit- got all of his revenue, but didn't have to pay for his own travel cost OR to tournament fees for each of his teams (which is their biggest expense by far- usually 1500-1800 per team per tournament).

Any director who had a season like above who cries poor is a liar. Anyone who believes them is just plain notIntelligent, drunk, obsessed with the man, or simply too blinded by Ivy League ambitions for their kid.

Who knows what 2021 brings- hopefully it is much better and last summer was a once in a lifetime event. But those of you who eagerly wrote 2021 checks to these guys, knowing that they had no problem taking your money for nothing in 2020, are doing so at your own risk. They showed their true colors last year. When someone tells you who they are, maybe you should believe them.

I didn't write that check this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look- a fool and his money are soon parted as the saying goes.

No idea about the boys side of this whole thing, but my daughter's club was paid in installments which effectively made them paid in full prior to the season. And then there was no season. Yes the director arranged some complete BS "play dates" and a mosquito fest in Heckscher State Park. No refund and no discount, even though it should be clear to anyone that he made out like a bandit- got all of his revenue, but didn't have to pay for his own travel cost OR to tournament fees for each of his teams (which is their biggest expense by far- usually 1500-1800 per team per tournament).

Any director who had a season like above who cries poor is a liar. Anyone who believes them is just plain notIntelligent, drunk, obsessed with the man, or simply too blinded by Ivy League ambitions for their kid.

Who knows what 2021 brings- hopefully it is much better and last summer was a once in a lifetime event. But those of you who eagerly wrote 2021 checks to these guys, knowing that they had no problem taking your money for nothing in 2020, are doing so at your own risk. They showed their true colors last year. When someone tells you who they are, maybe you should believe them.

I didn't write that check this year.

Well stated!
Fool me once, shame on you,
fool me twice....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NJ just shut down all indoor youth sports. Who in their right mind would send their kid indoors to play or train with heavy breathing, tight areas, and almost zero ventalation?

I was all in for outdoors, but these indoor places were a health risk in good times let alone during a Pandemic!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will all be worth it in the end when my sons tuition is 54,000 instead of 56,500. Plus I’ll get to tell all my friends at work my son has a lax scholarship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will all be worth it in the end when my sons tuition is 54,000 instead of 56,500. Plus I’ll get to tell all my friends at work my son has a lax scholarship.

Best post ever cool aid parents detest to believe !!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And I'm the co-worker of the parent of Johnny-Lax lost, and my response is "who gives a S%iT"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And I'm the co-worker of the parent of Johnny-Lax lost, and my response is "who gives a flying poop"

The Express parents care.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn't of said it any better. Post of the year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NJ just shut down all indoor youth sports. Who in their right mind would send their kid indoors to play or train with heavy breathing, tight areas, and almost zero ventalation?

Someone who realizes that kids are at basically zero risk from Covid?

Someone who would much prefer their kid get exercise over the Winter instead of sit in front of the computer all day (between online school and XBox)?

Someone who can spell "ventilation"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have your kid work hard over the winter. He'll eventually make the team he wants. It stings now, but maybe you can make it a positive out of being cut.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone who realizes that kids are at basically zero risk from Covid?

Someone who would much prefer their kid get exercise over the Winter instead of sit in front of the computer all day (between online school and XBox)?

Someone who can spell "ventilation"?

Not worried about my kid but bringing it home where I do worry about elder family

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Down south boys still playing will surpass the Li . The Li Mecca will come to a hault .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Down south boys still playing will surpass the Li . The Li Mecca will come to a hault .

Why is it so difficult to correctly spell a 4 letter word; HALT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not worried about my kid but bringing it home where I do worry about elder family

Protect at risk people. Don't deny kids healthy exercise and social interaction in a vain effort to protect others. Same reason they should all be in school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI is a lax stronghold because these children’s parents and grandparents were lacrosse players. They have a deep understanding of the game and can pass that down to their children. I’m not worried about players down south surpassing my son in one season. Oh, and my kid practices twice a week with his school team and 2-3 times a week with his club team. My guess is that he’ll be fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Protect at risk people. Don't deny kids healthy exercise and social interaction in a vain effort to protect others. Same reason they should all be in school.

They wear masks in school. Big difference

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After 5-6 years of shelling out money (and making these dream sellers very comfortable), have any of you saved for the 40-50K per year you will be shelling to have your kid attend a private university (I am being optimistic that they get a 5-10K scholarship for each of 4 years)?

The answer is NO, because I know many of you.

You have been funding perhaps the most vain of all pursuits- bragging rights that your kid plays in college. It's sad on the one hand- but I would hope at some point, some of you see it as a chance for self reflection. You gave up your child's summers, so you could crow. You literally stole their childhood. You weren't helping them live their dreams- you were feeding your ego.

I hope that bumper sticker was worth it.

Aside, you will be shocked to see how many of your little studs end their college career early due to a "career ending" injury. Many of them can't wait to end it without you in sight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After 5-6 years of shelling out money (and making these dream sellers very comfortable), have any of you saved for the 40-50K per year you will be shelling to have your kid attend a private university (I am being optimistic that they get a 5-10K scholarship for each of 4 years)?

You have been funding perhaps the most vain of all pursuits- bragging rights that your kid plays in college. It's sad on the one hand- but I would hope at some point, some of you see it as a chance for self reflection. You gave up your child's summers, so you could crow. You literally stole their childhood. You weren't helping them live their dreams- you were feeding your ego.

Aside, you will be shocked to see how many of your little studs end their college career early due to a "career ending" injury. Many of them can't wait to end it without you in sight.

Someone sounds a little angry - perhaps you're projecting here. Personally my deal is:

(1) Son is enjoying lacrosse. So not sure where the "stole their childhood" comes in. Playing lacrosse and having fun doing it seems like a pretty good childhood.

(2) Son plays on a number of teams (box, club, high school, random) and we pay a good bit of money for all of that.

(3) He may or may not play in college. I'd love it if he does, because the wife and I enjoy watching him play. But it is his decision.

(4) Regardless of what happens with recruiting, we have managed to save plenty of money - partly by not paying for private high school, partly by living within our means (no beach house, paid off cars, etc.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They wear masks in school. Big difference

Not all schools require masks - and there still haven't been any significant outbreaks traced to schools.

Kids have been playing in tournaments since June and also no significant outbreaks from all of those events.

The fact is that kids aren't a big source of transmission. We should be thankful for that and stop robbing them of their activities based on nothing more than irrational fear.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great post . Some people don’t like to hear the truth. I think lacrosse scholarships wont be around in the future. They are really not anyway with 50 kids on a college roster and only 12 full scholarships. The university's will take a big step back after the covid clears for non-revenue sports .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't listen to this clown! Yeah he has money in the bank for his kids college, thanks to the grandparents! They probably bought him his house when he got married too!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great post . Some people don’t like to hear the truth. I think lacrosse scholarships wont be around in the future. They are really not anyway with 50 kids on a college roster and only 12 full scholarships. The university's will take a big step back after the covid clears for non-revenue sports .

For some, lacrosse is a way to get into schools that might have been out of their reach without the extra pull of a sport. Is it worth the time and money spent if your kid can go to Cornell instead of Yeshiva?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. Did it ever occur to you that our kids want to play lacrosse? We would have no problem whatsoever if they said we don't want to play anymore. After season ends the question is do YOU want to play lacrosse next year? If so here are the tryout dates.

I'm guessing you didn't actually have any talent in sports growing up because if you did you would know there is not a whole lot of things you would rather be doing. Me and my friends spent every free minute driving town to town trying to find basketball games. Organized sports kept us out of trouble and we had coaches making sure our grades didn't slip. Went on road trips out of town that I am 100% sure wouldn't have happened with the family. Parents didn't go on the trips back then, just the team.

Who is stealing their summer? Kids sleep in until noon unless we wake them up to go to the beach which they don't want to do after around 8 years old. Are you delusional enough to think that everyone is rich and spends their summer jetting around the world on vacation in July and August? Oh I can't spend the month of July in Dubai this year !!!!!!!!!!!! Wretched lacrosse!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really nutjob? There really isn't that much lacrosse that it ruins your whole summer.

Do you even have a kid who plays? Sounds like no. And no I have no dreams of my kids getting a college scholarship but I would rather them spending time doing something THEY WANT to do then riding in the streets doing pop a wheelies at cars.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. Did it ever occur to you that our kids want to play lacrosse? We would have no problem whatsoever if they said we don't want to play anymore. After season ends the question is do YOU want to play lacrosse next year? If so here are the tryout dates.

I'm guessing you didn't actually have any talent in sports growing up because if you did you would know there is not a whole lot of things you would rather be doing. Me and my friends spent every free minute driving town to town trying to find basketball games. Organized sports kept us out of trouble and we had coaches making sure our grades didn't slip. Went on road trips out of town that I am 100% sure wouldn't have happened with the family. Parents didn't go on the trips back then, just the team.

Who is stealing their summer? Kids sleep in until noon unless we wake them up to go to the beach which they don't want to do after around 8 years old. Are you delusional enough to think that everyone is rich and spends their summer jetting around the world on vacation in July and August? Oh I can't spend the month of July in Dubai this year !!!!!!!!!!!! Wretched lacrosse!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really nutjob? There really isn't that much lacrosse that it ruins your whole summer.

Do you even have a kid who plays? Sounds like no. And no I have no dreams of my kids getting a college scholarship but I would rather them spending time doing something THEY WANT to do then riding in the streets doing pop a wheelies at cars.

Wow your post so borning. We know you have alot of time on your hands .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Glad you spent your limited time reading it. You can go back to saving the world with every waking moment of your life now hotshot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you post a picture of yourself please. I've always wondered what kind of dummy writes that answer about a lot of time on your hands after they just spent equal amount of time reading a post. If I know who you are and I see you I will know to speak slowly with simple words to you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And I found this on one of these crooks- and after you read this you will see this is meant literally-

http://www.courts.state.ny.us/Reporter/pdfs/2005/2005_30156.pdf

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And then there is this.
Know who you are giving your money to.

https://www.finra.org/sites/default/files/aao_documents/03-09099-Award-FINRA-20080128.pdf

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And then there is this.

https://www.finra.org/sites/default/files/aao_documents/03-09099-Award-FINRA-20080128.pdf

Kids bailing from elevate like crazy recently as well as top guns starting to fall apart. Elevate kids need to get out before heir futures go down in flames because of this looney

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And then there is this.

Are you going after team 91 and Express now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Inappropriate- Mod please remove this and prior post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And then there is this.

What is all this????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And I found this on one of these crooks- and after you read this you will see this is meant literally-

OK- let me restate- not accusing anyone of being an actual crook. That is overstating things- but it is advisable to google search and see what is out there regarding the people you are doing business with.

Like Reply Quote
Page 27 of 28 1 2 25 26 27 28
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard