BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Re: True Annapolis
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am 99% sure this is a troll stirring the pot. But if you are serious, why not leave the scheduling to the program directors and not parents challenging each other like kids on a playground? The teams will have plenty of chances to play each other in Hoco, tournaments, etc.

Let us know when you show up and win anything elite.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am 99% sure this is a troll stirring the pot. But if you are serious, why not leave the scheduling to the program directors and not parents challenging each other like kids on a playground? The teams will have plenty of chances to play each other in Hoco, tournaments, etc.

internet tough guy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So... I am a slightly offended Dad of a True 26 player. I assume you are comparing True to Appalachian State and the Hawks to the Chiefs. With the progress we made last year and Fall additions I believe we could compete well against the Hawks. Certainly better then AS versus an NFL team. So on behalf of our team our guys will play the Hawks any day and place of their choosing.

Just don't call your big sister in again like you did at Summer Exposure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I haven't won anything in Elite, nor in any division, because I don't play youth lacrosse. But my son's team has won plenty.

Not connected with True or Hawks, I was just commenting on the silliness of parents challenging opposing teams to games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So... I am a slightly offended Dad of a True 26 player. I assume you are comparing True to Appalachian State and the Hawks to the Chiefs. With the progress we made last year and Fall additions I believe we could compete well against the Hawks. Certainly better then AS versus an NFL team. So on behalf of our team our guys will play the Hawks any day and place of their choosing.

Come on, dad. You don't really want that do you? You have some good players. I have no doubt that even 1 or 2 could make the Hawks team. But there is no comparison here. Apples to oranges... or Appalachians to Chiefs if you will.
Ignore the trolls, focus on your team/kid, and keep celebrating your B tournament wins.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I suspect that the "offended Dad" is himself a troll, and he hooked you good, condescending Hawks Dad of holdback!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t imagine the frustration and near depression the 2026 True parents are trying to manage after going 0 for the day in Delaware. A lot of dollars spent only to have many parents deeply disappointed by the outcome. What program will management “takeover” this year to add new hope to their overpriced attempt at mediocrity?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t imagine the frustration and near depression the 2026 True parents are trying to manage after going 0 for the day in Delaware. A lot of dollars spent only to have many parents deeply disappointed by the outcome. What program will management “takeover” this year to add new hope to their overpriced attempt at mediocrity?

Thanks Hawks dad; appreciate the insight as always.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Hawks dad. I am a parent of an older player from the Diamondbacks that is still appalled at the sneakiness and dishonesty True embraced to undermined that 2026 program. As they say you rep what you sow. And when you reap a greed machine at the expense of another this is the disorganized mess that you wind up with. Last year’s effort that included practicing on an overgrown with grass 1/2 field that doubled as a church overflow parking lot drove out the first wave of talent that bought into the false True hype. It’s only a matter of time that others will shop for a better place to play as the losses pile up and management enrolls in B tournaments to improve the optics that they can compete.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not sure why all the detest but it's youth sports. At the end of the day if your kid is having fun and getting thats all that matters.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not sure why all the detest but it's youth sports. At the end of the day if your kid is having fun and getting thats all that matters.

TRUE. lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree that all of the "detest" is a bit hard to understand. The vast majority of travel programs charge a lot of money and deliver an imperfect product. Who feels so threatened by this team, and why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree that all of the "detest" is a bit hard to understand. The vast majority of travel programs charge a lot of money and deliver an imperfect product. Who feels so threatened by this team, and why?

#wedrainmore

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#wedrainmore

the problem is broken promises. You had teams that migrated over, didn't get proper coaching as promised and not enough training as teams. That drained talent from non-profit teams and is not helping grow the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TRUE. lol
I lol’d

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a reason True Annapolis can't play in their own backyard against other local teams next weekend and they are bringing in regional ones?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
An even better question. If you bring in your all star teams why don’t you take a crack at the Hawks? To avoid that game and have two True teams play one another is plain silly. Now you know why the dude busts True’s chops all the time. Hawks are your neighborhood rival and you simply will not play them. The detest guy has his posts justified by the actions of the team. Lol...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can share as a parent of a 2025 True Atlantic player, that the only reason they are in these two tournaments this weekend is due to the cancellation of multiple other tourneys they were scheduled to play in during the past several months.(Lake Placid, Trilogy (CT) and one other that I can't remember the name of that was scheduled during the NCAA Final 4 in Philly). Parents that had registered were guaranteed 3 tourneys and they are trying to honor that. Also, once fall lacrosse started, they didn't want to mess with the local club schedules. I am very transparent and will say there is some talent on the teams, but I don't like the National title. Most of the boys come from 2-3 clubs and haven't played as a unit since January and I honestly feel that many of the local club teams are better than the "National" Teams. As far as scheduling who they play, I have no say in that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can share as a parent of a 2025 True Atlantic player, that the only reason they are in these two tournaments this weekend is due to the cancellation of multiple other tourneys they were scheduled to play in during the past several months.(Lake Placid, Trilogy (CT) and one other that I can't remember the name of that was scheduled during the NCAA Final 4 in Philly). Parents that had registered were guaranteed 3 tourneys and they are trying to honor that. Also, once fall lacrosse started, they didn't want to mess with the local club schedules. I am very transparent and will say there is some talent on the teams, but I don't like the National title. Most of the boys come from 2-3 clubs and haven't played as a unit since January and I honestly feel that many of the local club teams are better than the "National" Teams. As far as scheduling who they play, I have no say in that.

A much needed post. Thank you for the info. Hopefully you have shut some up. Good luck this weekend to your team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A much needed post. Thank you for the info. Hopefully you have shut some up. Good luck this weekend to your team.

No one is shut up, they are busy laughing True and the amount of BS you suckers buy from the guys cashing the checks. I see you guys have paid up to level 2 on the MLM pyramid. One more step you get a free hat for 6K. You can't compete in your own backyard with local teams so to save embarrassment they feed you this BS and you buy it because it makes you feel good. #weduckmore #duckontwo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one is shut up, they are busy laughing True and the amount of BS you suckers buy from the guys cashing the checks. I see you guys have paid up to level 2 on the MLM pyramid. One more step you get a free hat for 6K. You can't compete in your own backyard with local teams so to save embarrassment they feed you this BS and you buy it because it makes you feel good. #weduckmore #duckontwo

6K..... what are you talking about? My older son played for one of the top 2020 clubs and now my younger plays for a True Baltimore team. True Baltimore is cheaper than my older sons club was, nowhere near 6K. Sorry your club folded.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6K..... what are you talking about? My older son played for one of the top 2020 clubs and now my younger plays for a True Baltimore team. True Baltimore is cheaper than my older sons club was, nowhere near 6K. Sorry your club folded.[/quote]

True Baltimore = Wolfpack

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6K..... what are you talking about? My older son played for one of the top 2020 clubs and now my younger plays for a True Baltimore team. True Baltimore is cheaper than my older sons club was, nowhere near 6K. Sorry your club folded.

True Baltimore = Wolfpack[/quote]

Wolfpack, Looneys, FCA. Rock, Mavricks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wolfpack, Looneys, FCA. Rock, Mavricks[/quote]

What does that even mean?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wolfpack, Looneys, FCA. Rock, Mavricks

What does that even mean?[/quote]

some kids from those clubs went to True.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What percent of players from True Annapolis play on True Mid-Atlantic?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crickets.......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are talking about the "original" True Mid-Atlantic team at 2023, zero is the most likely answer. That is the same for other True Maryland teams as well.

I'm not sure about how True is handling other years with their True Mid-Atlantic versus their other "National" teams. I know that the "National" teams are now only kids who play on local True clubs. That rule certainly doesn't apply to the 2023 Mid-Atlantic team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are talking about the "original" True Mid-Atlantic team at 2023, zero is the most likely answer. That is the same for other True Maryland teams as well.

I'm not sure about how True is handling other years with their True Mid-Atlantic versus their other "National" teams. I know that the "National" teams are now only kids who play on local True clubs. That rule certainly doesn't apply to the 2023 Mid-Atlantic team.

True Mid-Atlantic is an invite, kids can be from any club. True National is only for True club players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see we have waved goodbye to shame at local tournaments and not only brought in Regional Teams. Had to combine different regional teams. Any port in a storm to save face on the East Coast at this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see we have waved goodbye to shame at local tournaments and not only brought in Regional Teams. Had to combine different regional teams. Any port in a storm to save face on the East Coast at this point.
2025 had two kids over 6'3" with size and speed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What did I miss?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True was a debacle. '25-'27 is a joke. Low B-level teams abound. Lots of hype but buyers beware. You're much better off sticking with a local program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True was a debacle. '25-'27 is a joke. Low B-level teams abound. Lots of hype but buyers beware. You're much better off sticking with a local program.

Hawks dad coming to vent on another thread; LOL you seriously need help!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huh? MY sons played for Hereford LC, before making the mistake of switching to True. Now hoping I can get back in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s pretty funny that there is a lot of shade thrown about youth lacrosse. Any “club team” out there is out to make a buck, come on now. If anyone on this chat who wants to bash any “youth” team needs to get a life. Here’s a real question for you helicopter parents out there who says that you should only play for the local teams. Why are you not petitioning your state youth sport authorities to ban any club teams holding competition during the spring? Bring back the Rec model full circle and youth players cannot play club during the spring only play during the summer. Instead of having “Hawks”, PLC ect you have AYLA, or does it matter to your son that you say he’s elite?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm all for rec but AACO screwed that up by making 20 divisions

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simple fix! Get involved! Every person on here has great intentions but if you were all in this for the development of lacrosse, actions speak louder than words!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simple fix! Get involved! Every person on here has great intentions but if you were all in this for the development of lacrosse, actions speak louder than words!

The problem is the area and many areas have the room for a solid club lacrosse program. When other programs move in and start trying to take over under the disguise of club lacrosse and are selling parents more on "you can say your kid plays club" vs programs like Crabs, Hawks, Looneys, Madlax, BLC. Established dominant programs where a lot of kids can't make it. Those are elite clubs and should be considered club lacrosse playing year round. Elite talent that wants to play year round deserves that. These owners and directors have worked extremely hard to build a quality product. They didn't plop trough in town and say, give me a check and I'll put your kid on a "club team" so you can play club. Then sit back and laugh while it failed and they still got paid. There is a reason you hardly see B teams for Crabs and Hawks. They could have 4 teams at each age, but the focus is not on money, it's on building a solid team. So the simple fix would be limiting the number of clubs and allowing kids that don't make one of those teams to develop in rec programs. But the True's and Mesa's and whoever knows what's next would not like that I suspect. Until you get rid of club teams that are really rec teams and parents keep paying, this is a lost cause.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Open my pc this morning and their is a shameless add from True pushing their simple mouth guard as evolutionary. The hype never stops from the PT Barnum of youth sports. Everything they sell is special and better then the mouse trap. We train more!!! Lol.

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard