BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 53 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 52 53
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that there was a player on 91 that did not try out or attend any practice but still played?

Add $75 for a tryout to add kids and cut no one? And then get some guest player too?

Good luck suckers!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 team is falling apart. Going to be a bunch of changes to the roster. Charging too much for a terrible product. Daddy ball is not working

91MD is doing great!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical low self esteem parents of low self esteem kids trying to make themselves less depressed about their miserable lives by taking shots at the undisputed juggernaut of club lacrosse, team 91. Not a big 91 fan, but everyone know they are the most successful club and the business model for all other clubs.

2020 #1 recruit in the country
2021 #1 recruit in the country
2021 #2 recruit in the country
2020 #1 recruit in the country
2022 #1 recruit in the country
US Club Lacrosse #1 Club in country
2020 WSYL champions
2023 WSYL champions
2024 WSYL champions

We all know I could go on and on, but suffice to say, they are THE club in the nation.

So if you’re trying to make yourself feel better by attempting to disparage the ultra successful, I suggest you try some thing else. Maybe bowl of ice cream??

If you look at all this success you will find one thing in common. It’s Joe Spallina coaching his sons every year. Love him or detest him, he wins. He was always the big draw for players to come and a big reason for 91’s success. Once his kids are done he will be done coaching for 91 and finish off coaching his daughter. Without him the younger grades already have looked pretty bad (minus machine). 25 is not good. 26 is not good. 28 is ok. The rest are obviously too young to tell. I highly doubt Joe Spallina is going to volunteer to coach the 2034 oranges dragons once his kids go off to college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Blast was very good when Joe S last coached 2025.

This guy who is the HC now is one of the owners and he stinks! Rips the kids regularly when he should rip himself.

A good long look in the mirror is what is needed. It will be ugly, but it might result in positive change. Or maybe not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
‘25 2nd best on LI, ‘27 best in LI, ‘28 best in LI, ‘29 best on LI. Really struggling they are

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
‘25 2nd best on LI, ‘27 best in LI, ‘28 best in LI, ‘29 best on LI. Really struggling they are

Doesn’t change the fact that the coaching is bad! Director should step aside. Enough damage has been done. It can only get worse and the unexplainable losses are piling up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of these clubs are flawed ...not just 91. The directors all use the same playbook and definitely have "Club Lacrosse for dummies" on their nightstands... The pop up version as they probably cant read. But they sure know how to count: THEIR MONEY! Pay up.... Next payment due lax sheep! Dont be late or face a "late fee" penalty!

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Thanks Yoda

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe instead of bashing teams this forum can become a resource for parents who aren't sure how to best nurture their sons' love of lacrosse, help them get better, etc?

I don't care if my son ever steps foot on a college field. He loves lacrosse, plays for a solid B team that he starts for and plays most of the game, and he seems to be learning. Isn't that the point?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said here. What team does your son play for? Its all about learning the game, improving and stepping on the field and PLAYING in games. There are enough teams out there that there is a team for everyone. Sitting on the bench for a AA team and wearing the jacket around town doesnt help your kid.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe instead of bashing teams this forum can become a resource for parents who aren't sure how to best nurture their sons' love of lacrosse, help them get better, etc?

I don't care if my son ever steps foot on a college field. He loves lacrosse, plays for a solid B team that he starts for and plays most of the game, and he seems to be learning. Isn't that the point?
That's why I come here but get nothing but nonsense from some 5 foot 5 guys who probably never played a sport in their lives.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd rather not say who he plays for to maintain the anonymity here but he's happy and his coach is pushing him HARD. As far as I'm concerned, that's all I can ask for. He gets better every week.

I will say that my son is one of the "impossible" on-age 6' kids though. That was another weird wrinkle of this thread. People acting like they know every kid because they know THEIR kid.

There are probably a lot of very smart people here, but they get caught up in bs about only the top top top teams mattering. People keep telling me that some the best varsity players my son will eventually play with probably haven't even touched a stick yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd rather not say who he plays for to maintain the anonymity here but he's happy and his coach is pushing him HARD. As far as I'm concerned, that's all I can ask for. He gets better every week.

I will say that my son is one of the "impossible" on-age 6' kids though. That was another weird wrinkle of this thread. People acting like they know every kid because they know THEIR kid.

There are probably a lot of very smart people here, but they get caught up in bs about only the top top top teams mattering. People keep telling me that some the best varsity players my son will eventually play with probably haven't even touched a stick yet.

lol, maybe that was the case 25 years ago. Get real... that is not today's sport. Cut to the chase, if you want your kid to play at the college level, they belong at a big AA program. Can you make it at a 2nd level team sure... but you can also get drafted out of 1AA to the NFL... just does not happen frequently.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Shock 2025 needs to dump Jim the Donkey!

Dump The Donkey!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Shock 2025 needs to dump Jim the Donkey!

Dump The Donkey!

His 2019 team was bad. Two teams, 6 years apart. It can't be all the kids faults. That would be like 50 kids. The math doesn't add up unless you look at the common denominator.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've heard more than a few clubs practicing indoors. How is that even possible? Are they wearing masks or are all bets off until it gets shut down? Our club is still looking for space so just looking for some guidance before it happens. To allo you trolls, yes I know it's a "choice" but try telling that to a 14 yo that all his friends are going but not him. .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lol, maybe that was the case 25 years ago. Get real... that is not today's sport. Cut to the chase, if you want your kid to play at the college level, they belong at a big AA program. Can you make it at a 2nd level team sure... but you can also get drafted out of 1AA to the NFL... just does not happen frequently.

Silly statement. And completely not true. Plenty of D1 commits who are not part of the 91, express or Igloo. The top programs will def have more D1 commits. But to say you need to play at top AA program to play D1 is just not true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This board is for nonsense, not factual posts like the one above. ...C'mon man...you should know that by now. None of these kids are playing pro and none of the parents that are posting this nonsense are to be taken seriously. You see how they behave and conduct themselves? I appreciate the attempt to steer this in the right direction but you are trying to feed filet mignon and caviar to pigs.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should like someone whose son is on a big AA program.

Can we go an entire page of this forum without mentioning AA or 91? Seems impossible.

My son is having fun and getting better. He's 13. He's nowhere near a final product (he has size 13 feet and still hasn't grown into them yet). I want him on the field playing rather than sitting on a bench on an AA team that I'm overpaying for. Maybe you're different, but I'm not wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This board is for nonsense, not factual posts like the one above. ...C'mon man...you should know that by now. None of these kids are playing pro and none of the parents that are posting this nonsense are to be taken seriously. You see how they behave and conduct themselves? I appreciate the attempt to steer this in the right direction but you are trying to feed filet mignon and caviar to pigs.....

You're probably right. I tried.

Is there anywhere else to have the real discussion though? About how to help support our sons? Help them get better? I assume any other boards are filled with the same people, so maybe not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say there are probably a few "normal" parents out there that feel the same way and those are the people you should be engaging. That, or talk to non-lacrosse, non-bias people as they see things in a much clearer perspective. You seem to be on the right track tho. Have your son continue to play and get in the reps. The rest of it will take care of itself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 going all the way again this year at the WSYL, which will make it #4 world championships for 91. The acquisition of the 2024 Wolfpack goalie solidified it. A total stud between the pipes. The result is now a forgone conclusion. Good luck to the teams competing for the runner up spot. But be careful what you wish for, because it IS going to be ugly!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m sure the current goalie and his family that have been there the past few years are happy as well. You used the word ugly. Great word to describe it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 going all the way again this year at the WSYL, which will make it #4 world championships for 91. The acquisition of the 2024 Wolfpack goalie solidified it. A total stud between the pipes. The result is now a forgone conclusion. Good luck to the teams competing for the runner up spot. But be careful what you wish for, because it IS going to be ugly!

Now that the contenders don’t to fly to across the country, every team will load up with on age players I suspect. Which is completely fine and within the rules. You might even see Maryland stack a team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait a second, a 2024 playing on 2025? No shame from 91, hypocritical.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If team 91 wins anything this year I’ll come on here and pay your sons next year full tuition for 91. Team 91 2025 & 2026 are god awful.....hard to watch .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have watched both the team 91 2025 and 2026 teams play this fall and you have a better chance at hitting the lotto than either one of those teams winning anything remotely close to a World Series .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The WP goalie looks impressive and puts on a good show, but it's a show and that is it. The other WP goalie is much better, makes a lot more saves with less showboating and safer clears. 91 will need more than that kid to make a difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question. How does any team stack a roster? 25 kids per team get to be on a roster for WSYL. If teams have 25 or more, which seems like they all do. How do kids get added. Do teams actually tell kids who are on the team, your are not coming with us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've heard more than a few clubs practicing indoors. How is that even possible? Are they wearing masks or are all bets off until it gets shut down? Our club is still looking for space so just looking for some guidance before it happens. To allo you trolls, yes I know it's a "choice" but try telling that to a 14 yo that all his friends are going but not him. .
We are scheduled to start up in the next few weeks. Sort of nuts given what is going on. The directors claim to be all about the kids but we all know what would happen if we opted out for the winter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesus. You guys are OBSESSED with 91. It's a little disturbing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Few things:

1. 91 Noone cares They are the same as every other club.

2. Indoor practices: Yep, they gonna cram lax indoors down your throats so they dont have to issue a refund come spring with Covid nearing all time highs. That or they will have them on an iced over pond or field in some desolate area. They are teaching the kids to detest lax at this point.

But the solution is easy: Just say no. Or stop complaining Noone is making you go. You can be a leader or a follower... if you choose to follow you get what you deserve. More fees, frozen limbs and a boatful of lies. ALL ABOARD!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question. How does any team stack a roster? 25 kids per team get to be on a roster for WSYL. If teams have 25 or more, which seems like they all do. How do kids get added. Do teams actually tell kids who are on the team, your are not coming with us.

Yes, or they make 2 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI Express will run the table at the 2025 & 2026 ages.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nah, Md will take both

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2026 had 2 one goal wins this weekend correct?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WHO CARES

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The WP goalie looks impressive and puts on a good show, but it's a show and that is it. The other WP goalie is much better, makes a lot more saves with less showboating and safer clears. 91 will need more than that kid to make a difference.

The boy that’s playing for the 2025 team starts every game for the Wolfpack. I highly doubt that he plays second fiddle to anyone on that team. Definitely one of the elite 2024 goalies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WHO CARES

Maybe the guy who said that LIE 25 & 26 will run the table. Oh, tap your caps lock button. Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WHO CARES

Settle down

Page 17 of 53 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 52 53

Link Copied to Clipboard