BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 139 of 144 1 2 137 138 139 140 141 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahah. Thank s Mike.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You would be surprised how many kids don't play much because for some reason they just stay at the end of the lineup on the sideline. I asked my son why he is playing so much recently and he said its because he is not taking himself out when he is on the field until the coach hauls him out or he is tired and other kids just stay at the end of the line. My son isn't one of the best kids, probably in the middle. I asked if there are other kids who didn't play much and he said yes because basically they are standing at the end of the line away from the coach. As a parent I think that maybe we all want the coach's to be on the sideline with a spreadsheet of players names and how much time they are getting but that's not reality unfortunately. My son has been on both sides of this starting out as the kid at the end of the line with no confidence but he has learned from his mistakes it seems. Is it a confidence thing, who knows but if your kid isn't getting enough minutes tell him to be on the coach's hip the whole game in front of the line to start with. If that's not working find another team where his talent level where get him into the game. AND I'm not a coach, just a parent who has seen both sides of getting no playing time and getting more playing time then others.

What a deal for $3,200! Thanks Mike! His system rocks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You would be surprised how many kids don't play much because for some reason they just stay at the end of the lineup on the sideline. I asked my son why he is playing so much recently and he said its because he is not taking himself out when he is on the field until the coach hauls him out or he is tired and other kids just stay at the end of the line. My son isn't one of the best kids, probably in the middle. I asked if there are other kids who didn't play much and he said yes because basically they are standing at the end of the line away from the coach. As a parent I think that maybe we all want the coach's to be on the sideline with a spreadsheet of players names and how much time they are getting but that's not reality unfortunately. My son has been on both sides of this starting out as the kid at the end of the line with no confidence but he has learned from his mistakes it seems. Is it a confidence thing, who knows but if your kid isn't getting enough minutes tell him to be on the coach's hip the whole game in front of the line to start with. If that's not working find another team where his talent level where get him into the game. AND I'm not a coach, just a parent who has seen both sides of getting no playing time and getting more playing time then others.

As much as I detest to agree with this. Not an Express parent at all and will tie it in to other sports. My sons time on the court in basketball went up almost doubled when I realized the coach literally looked down and would grab whatever kid was sitting next to him to make subs, it was always the same kids who rotated the seats coming on and off. I told my son you make sure never to be more then 3 spots away in hoops and boom his time increased. In box, you will see a kid not touch the field, they go to the end of the sub line and never move back to the front of the line. While Express numbers tend to be crazy, I think this guy has a very valid point. You need to make yourself available. They are not worrying about some kids 3 minutes when he is 20 kids away

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As much as I detest to agree with this. Not an Express parent at all and will tie it in to other sports. My sons time on the court in basketball went up almost doubled when I realized the coach literally looked down and would grab whatever kid was sitting next to him to make subs, it was always the same kids who rotated the seats coming on and off. I told my son you make sure never to be more then 3 spots away in hoops and boom his time increased. In box, you will see a kid not touch the field, they go to the end of the sub line and never move back to the front of the line. While Express numbers tend to be crazy, I think this guy has a very valid point. You need to make yourself available. They are not worrying about some kids 3 minutes when he is 20 kids away

If you think CoachC doesn’t know who should be on the field and who is gonna sit the bench at any given time you’re completely wrong. He knows exactly who playing. He’ll even say to kids before a game that they’re not gonna play or before a tournament that certain kids won’t play much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you think CoachC doesn’t know who should be on the field and who is gonna sit the bench at any given time you’re completely wrong. He knows exactly who playing. He’ll even say to kids before a game that they’re not gonna play or before a tournament that certain kids won’t play much.

I agree, but if you are a borderline player and a kid goes down or gets a penalty or any situation, sitting 16 kids down is not going to get you on the field faster then the kid standing next to the coach.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the whole conversation practice player vs player on the top team has run its course. Parents make really poor decisions, imho, but it’s not my decision. So if they want to be on a team and not have their son not play, let them. It’s their money and time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s the best ability? Availability!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Choices .....every parent and player have choices . Very simple . Why get on here and go back and forth about kids standing on sidelines , not playing etc.....people choose to do that . Stop the nonsense and focus on your kid and your choice

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Choices .....every parent and player have choices . Very simple . Why get on here and go back and forth about kids standing on sidelines , not playing etc.....people choose to do that . Stop the nonsense and focus on your kid and your choice

The audacity to come on a forum that is dedicated to lacrosse and then one step further a thread dedicated to a single team and discuss lacrosse and that team. Can we please get to discussing D3 Cricket and baking tips!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a hs bball coach this is exactly correct.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any coach that subs players by their location on the bench is a complete joke and should resign immediately.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any coach that subs players by their location on the bench is a complete joke and should resign immediately.

Avail-ability!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Avail-ability!

And you need to be available when Smiley calls a “practice”! Ha ha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My impression has always been that Coach C is very honest about whether your kid will play or not. Am I wrong in this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My impression has always been that Coach C is very honest about whether your kid will play or not. Am I wrong in this?

As a parent who’s had kids play for both 91 and express, Mike C is way more accessible than anyone on 91. If you go on the express website and call the number, it’s Mike C personal cell phone. He will answer any questions you have. Yes he’s into winning and will only play his best players. They are plenty of express critics and there are some valid complaints. But overall if you ask where your kids stands.....he will honestly tell you. In all my kids years playing for 91 I never had anything even close to that. Just my opinion. Best of luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a parent who’s had kids play for both 91 and express, Mike C is way more accessible than anyone on 91. If you go on the express website and call the number, it’s Mike C personal cell phone. He will answer any questions you have. Yes he’s into winning and will only play his best players. They are plenty of express critics and there are some valid complaints. But overall if you ask where your kids stands.....he will honestly tell you. In all my kids years playing for 91 I never had anything even close to that. Just my opinion. Best of luck.

All true, anybody that doesn’t have a kid that plays are told well in advance. Some parents think it’s a positive to practice against better players and not play. I agree with practice against better players, but to not play is just a waste of time and money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With all due respect ma'am. It's clear you have never coached a day in your life. Please bring your husband back out to talk

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about when there is 3 coaches standing on the sideline. Shouldn’t each assistant sub a different position? Stop it with the standing near the coach. That’s sounds so ridiculous. What if your water bottle is 20 feet away, should you stand there thirsty? What happens if the coach likes to walk around? Should 12 kids just follow him up and down the sideline to try and get playing time? This is comical conversation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With all due respect ma'am. It's clear you have never coached a day in your life. Please bring your husband back out to talk

I’ve coached football, basketball and lacrosse for many years. I can honestly say there may have only been 1 or 2 times I sent a kid in because he was near me. If you are coaching and being paid to coach (not talking about little league and PAL) for a travel team. You should have a game plan. You should know who you are playing in every situation. You should know the talent and ability of all your players.
The majority of travel coaches are HS coaches. These guys know what they are doing. If you have a coach that is subbing kids because of their position on the bench, then you have a coach who has no business being a paid coach. You should run as fast as you can away from that coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now thats funny. All the great ones coach by bench location..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Free flowing game. Kids running up and the down the field back and forth. Middie is tired and runs towards the sideline asking for a sub. Coach either find the closest the kid or wait....... walks down the sideline looking for little johnny who is rooting through his bag checking his texts. The 15 seconds it takes to find little johnny the other team runs down on an odd man break and scores. Sorry folks but lacrosse isn't basketball or football or soccer. Its like the old 4 wheel drive commercial from the 80s, Shift on the fly and past the others by. Some substituting is done during stoppages but much if it isn't. Repeat that to yourself... MOST LACROSSE SUBBING IS DONE QUICKLY WITHOUT WHISTLES.......Get your kid next to the coach on the sideline if they want to get in a fast free flowing game. Or just wait for stoppages and play half as much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Free flowing game, kids checking texts. This sounds like a 3rd grade PAL game. We are talking club. Offensive and defensive midfielders run in and out, in a very organized way. No club coach, at least on the older teams, care where a players position is on the bench. If our club coach subbed kids based on that, there would be probably no kids on the team. Parents wouldn’t pay to be part of something that ridiculous. Worry about your kid training and getting better, that’s how he will play more. Don’t worry as much as where he stands in relation to the coach on the sidelines. Don’t worry about how close you park your car in relation to the coaches car in the parking lot. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Free flowing game. Kids running up and the down the field back and forth. Middie is tired and runs towards the sideline asking for a sub. Coach either find the closest the kid or wait....... walks down the sideline looking for little johnny who is rooting through his bag checking his texts. The 15 seconds it takes to find little johnny the other team runs down on an odd man break and scores. Sorry folks but lacrosse isn't basketball or football or soccer. Its like the old 4 wheel drive commercial from the 80s, Shift on the fly and past the others by. Some substituting is done during stoppages but much if it isn't. Repeat that to yourself... MOST LACROSSE SUBBING IS DONE QUICKLY WITHOUT WHISTLES.......Get your kid next to the coach on the sideline if they want to get in a fast free flowing game. Or just wait for stoppages and play half as much.

True for 7 year olds. Not for middle school and high schools players. Sorry pal

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Free flowing game, kids checking texts. This sounds like a 3rd grade PAL game. We are talking club. Offensive and defensive midfielders run in and out, in a very organized way. No club coach, at least on the older teams, care where a players position is on the bench. If our club coach subbed kids based on that, there would be probably no kids on the team. Parents wouldn’t pay to be part of something that ridiculous. Worry about your kid training and getting better, that’s how he will play more. Don’t worry as much as where he stands in relation to the coach on the sidelines. Don’t worry about how close you park your car in relation to the coaches car in the parking lot. Good luck.

That must be why so many parents are on here complaining about playing time and inflated rosters on CLUB teams. Because the club coaches care about everyone getting playing time and getting better in lacrosse. Right. Your forgot to add your P.S. Parents of "Insert Club Team": Don't forget your payment is due Dec 31st. Please make every effort to pay early this month so that Credit Cards don't bounce and we get our money. That means all 32 players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What? You are nuts. Most top teams at this age have a coach that is responsible for managing substitutions during the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What? You are nuts. Most top teams at this age have a coach that is responsible for managing substitutions during the game.

So the coach's are purposely not putting people in. Go back through posts and read about only certain players playing while the other 20 watch. That's what people are complaining about, unless they are for some reason posting lies on a site for no reason. Outside the top 9 kids everyone else is just a jersey and a helmet for MOST coaches. If your kid isn't getting top 9 then do whatever you have to to get in the game or find another team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the coach's are purposely not putting people in. Go back through posts and read about only certain players playing while the other 20 watch. That's what people are complaining about, unless they are for some reason posting lies on a site for no reason. Outside the top 9 kids everyone else is just a jersey and a helmet for MOST coaches. If your kid isn't getting top 9 then do whatever you have to to get in the game or find another team.

Again, nobody should be complaining. The ones that don’t play know their son isn’t good enough and is there to practice. That’s the fact, they believe practicing with the best will be more beneficial than being the best on a B team. I would never do that, but a lot do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most top teams? Seems like we have determined Express is the best 2026 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Annapolis Hawks is top 26 team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks*

*4 holdbacks

Express every kid is on age

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not even an Express parent, and I think the 26 Express team is the top team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How different is that roster from the summer? When they lost to FCA and Sweetlax and played pretty close ones with Express North, Igloo and Express NJ.

Reading the different boards on here, they have snagged top players from different organizations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Especially the on age version of Hawks team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on. I'm a LI dad and this is old.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares. They are great teams and beat each other. The 2026 Express team can’t find competition on LI. The 91 team is so far behind them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares. They are great teams and beat each other. The 2026 Express team can’t find competition on LI. The 91 team is so far behind them.

I meant I'm tired of hearing people whine about the Hawks. They have said there is 3-4 that will not be on their WS team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I meant I'm tired of hearing people whine about the Hawks. They have said there is 3-4 that will not be on their WS team

Who is whining? Just pointing out facts when Hawks* dad boasts about being #1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 is simply not good. They'll beat good B teams easily but lose to just about every decent A team. You can't even compare Express to them. Express is in a group of maybe 5 teams in the country. We shall see but i'd say the Hawks, Express, Sweetlax, Tigers, Primetime, Madlax are your top teams. Everyone else is a different category.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would imagine making that statement you would know something about both teams. Has Express ever beaten Hawks. Let's worry about getting that first W before crowning anyone Vin!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would imagine making that statement you would know something about both teams. Has Express ever beaten Hawks. Let's worry about getting that first W before crowning anyone Vin!

Who cares, the Express is just awesome. And that’s is that. So they can lose, good, that’s the way it should be. There will never be a team like Crush, the landscape has changed. But it’s not about the #1 team, it’s about the top tier.

Like Reply Quote
Page 139 of 144 1 2 137 138 139 140 141 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard