BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
For the Love of the Game Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Discussion thread regarding the For the Love of the Game Lacrosse club.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: For the Love of the Game Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want to know why fl$ is so much more expensive than the other clubs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I want to know why fl$ is so much more expensive than the other clubs?

Supply and demand for a very high quality program in a lax crazy area? Also, they only have one team per grade so they do not have the revenue support of 2 or 3 teams per grade like their main competitor Express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
regardless they call themselves a non-profit and they are charging more than anyone else.
a bit nuts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While they have boys teams from 2012 down to the 2017 age groups, they only have two girls teams : one for the 2012 and one for the 2017 groups. Are they going to expand into other girls age groups?

On pricing, there guys are $1700.00 which is about $500.00 more expensive than others. Now, their June camp is included for five days which might explain the difference. Any feedback on their camp? Not exactly sure that it draws anyone outside of the club based on the web sites.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryout - $125
Registration - $1700
Tournament Fees - $600

Total - $2,425

Not-For Profit?????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryout - $125
Registration - $1700
Tournament Fees - $600

Total - $2,425

Not-For Profit?????

Ouch...I'm sure this post is not part of the fl$ marketing plan! Aside from the cost...it seems to be a well respected program - at least in the higher grades.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
high quality program?
supply and demand?
fl$ DEMANDS more money and the dilussional parents SUPPLY it.
is that what you mean?
fl$ does nothing more than Express, 91 etc. and yet they charge a lot more $
One good team 8th and a gtreat team at 11th grade. Thats it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the girls teams are very week as well. It's as if the girls are an after thought.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
high quality program?
supply and demand?
fl$ DEMANDS more money and the dilussional parents SUPPLY it.
is that what you mean?
fl$ does nothing more than Express, 91 etc. and yet they charge a lot more $
One good team 8th and a gtreat team at 11th grade. Thats it.

Who has a gun to your head forcing your kid to play for fl$? If they can get it, more power to them...if not, they will meet the market...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$1.700 for registration plus $600 for additional tourney fees?
What the [lacrosse] does the $1,700 actually cover?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for the 2012 fl$ team and if it wasn't for them he wouldn't have made it to the college he is going to now. They have there own recruiting pages through there website that the player can set up there own profile and send it to college coaches. The older teams are 1300$. We had to high quality coaches that wern't PARENTS. They have a full time worker for the company. They have have spent numerous hours contacting college coaches for my son. Learn the facts before you open your mouth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looks like you should have gone to college and learned how to spell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ does nothing more than any of the local travel teams except charge a heck of a lot more money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for the 2012 fl$ team and if it wasn't for them he wouldn't have made it to the college he is going to now. They have there own recruiting pages through there website that the player can set up there own profile and send it to college coaches. The older teams are 1300$. We had to high quality coaches that wern't PARENTS. They have a full time worker for the company. They have have spent numerous hours contacting college coaches for my son. Learn the facts before you open your mouth.

Yet there are other kids on the same team who they have not helped who have had to go outside of fl$ to help them

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Anonymous = Incredulous

Man up and register, accountability matters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have a very direct comment for someone who knows nothing about the club. My daughter, one of the "weak" ones you describe is on the 2017 team. Considering this team just came together in a few weeks before the season, with players that had not traveled before, they did very well. The made it to 3rd place at Lax By The Sea in their very first tournament beating Liberty Black. They also went to finals on other tournaments. We had one day where we did not play well and our goalie was sick that day. As far as the price, yes, they are expensive. All I can say is that we absolutely loved our coaches. Our parents were all nice and got along. Some of us are now personal friends outside of the club. Everyone could not do enough for each other and the kids. The program is well run and very professional. The amount of items our child received was unbelievable including a winter apparel package. Everything was a name brand name and very well made. Overall it was a fantastic experience for may daughter who is now practicing hard with a private coach for tryouts because there is no other club for her but fl$. The bottom line is the girls were coached the right way. Everyone got in the game and the kids had fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What the heck are you doing talking about girls lacrosse at 3 in the morning? Get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for fl$ and he has had a wonderful experience. Yes the cost seems. Higher than some of the programs but the tournaments were outstanding. They were not based on "winning" as much as going to the best tournaments to be seen by coaches. I looked at other programs previous years tournaments and decided fl$ was the best before he tried out. They offer community service opportunities and leadership with older players working as role models with younger players. I think you need to pick a program that fits for your son/daughter and your wallet. fl$ has been a pleasure!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks For the Love of the Game Parent who can afford the $2,500. I just looked at the rosters. fl$ = Affluent Neighborhoods - Garden City, Manhasset, Cold Spring Harbor, etc. fl$ = For the Love of The Green $$$$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would not be able to afford their fee but I do not have a problem with people that can. Its their money and can do what they want with it.It seems to me you may be a little jealous of the "affluent ".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would not be able to afford their fee but I do not have a problem with people that can. Its their money and can do what they want with it.It seems to me you may be a little jealous of the "affluent ".

Not jealous at all and I can afford the fee. I just find it a joke they actually call themselves For the Love of the Game. It's pretty obnoxious actually that they are the most expensive program in all of travel lacrosse and still say it's for the love of the game.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
So, you judge things based on their name. Brilliant!

Well Anonymous, we thank you for your valued opinion and please write again as we hang on to your every word in order to be able to continue living.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I do at 3 in the morning is none of your business.
This forum is for constructive comments about lacrosse stop starting trouble.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, exactly a pleasure! Don't knock it cause it seems expensive...other clubs have little start up fees but you end up spening money for a "sports package" and fees too.....they are doing everything they can to build up a quality program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are plenty of QUALITY programs that don't charge an arm and a leg to play, so again I ask you - why should anyone pay that kind of money?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
There are plenty of QUALITY programs that don't charge an arm and a leg to play, so again I ask you - why should anyone pay that kind of money?
You are asking a subjective question : how are you measuring the value of a particular program? BOTC has been shining the light on program costs while also providing discussion threads about the features of each program. Those combined allow the readers to decide on overall value.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is NO reason to think that fl$ is any better than any of the other top programs around - express, 91, Team LI, Outlaws.
There is no proof of that on the field.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Depends on what constitutes "better"

From my experience, fl$ doesn't rate itself solely on how many games it wins. Everyone likes to win but that does not define who they are. There were never any misrepresentations of what the program was about or how much it was going to cost.

These were the main points at the Organization Meeting right after tryouts:
- The only way you get into a great school is with great grades.
- Community service is a requirement (they provide opportunities).
- Your school team before fl$.
- Good sportsmanship is a requirement.
- Polite and courteous behavior off the field while representing fl$ is a requirement

If that is an organization you would like to be associated with then tryout. If not, don't tryout.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by 429lax
Depends on what constitutes "better"

From my experience, fl$ doesn't rate itself solely on how many games it wins. Everyone likes to win but that does not define who they are. There were never any misrepresentations of what the program was about or how much it was going to cost.

These were the main points at the Organization Meeting right after tryouts:
- The only way you get into a great school is with great grades.
- Community service is a requirement (they provide opportunities).
- Your school team before fl$.
- Good sportsmanship is a requirement.
- Polite and courteous behavior off the field while representing fl$ is a requirement

If that is an organization you would like to be associated with then tryout. If not, don't tryout.
Excellent post - certainly words of wisdom welcome for the BOTC College Board. Thanks for the contribution.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer results were posted on the For the Love of the Game web site.

Overall nice performances this year - particularly strong were the Boys 2012, Boys 2014, Boys 2015, Boys 2017, and Girls 2017/2018 (as they get into the girls side of development).

Very interesting community service requirement - something many more colleges are seeking in freshman activities.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
For The Love Of Money
Are You kidding me Non For Profit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Uncle Johns band
For The Love Of Money
Are You kidding me Non For Profit

A little education for you. Non-Profit does not mean you can't make money. They can't have a "profit" at the end of they year. The way they don't have a profit is by using the money for salaries and expenses. The American Red Cross is a non-profit, their CEO makes over $400,000 per year. His salary is an expense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So If fl$ Guys took ARC CEO Job They would have to take a pay Cut

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any info on fl$ 2018 team for this year? My son is trying out. Word is, team is already set with CSH kids, along with a few others, hand picked by a certain coaches brother. (hoping it's just a silly rumor) I'd really hate to waste my son's time and talent, along with my $, on a tryout that's already in the bag.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The pay cut remark is very funny.

That said, between my 2 sons, I have been involved with 3 travel organizations and in my opinion fl$ was by far the best.
- Best coaching
- great competition
- very friendly parents
- most organized with tournament and hotel bookings
- best facility to upload college recruiting info
- best community service opportunities
- great all around attitude

The price tag is very high compared to other teams. It is also very possible to have a great experience with a less costly organization. I just think fl$ provides that on a more consistent basis.

I may not be able to afford fl$ this year but I will certainly always have good things to say about them. At least now I have a better knowledge of what to look for should I go elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The rumor has always been that all the boys teams are pre set prior to tryouts. Do not know that for a fact but it is what has been told to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any info on fl$ 2018 team for this year? My son is trying out. Word is, team is already set with CSH kids, along with a few others, hand picked by a certain coaches brother. (hoping it's just a silly rumor) I'd really hate to waste my son's time and talent, along with my $, on a tryout that's already in the bag.

Not a rumor.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
It really is unfortunate that Anonymous people can spew unfounded antagonistic comments.

From a registered user that has actually been involved with the organization, I can tell you my son made an fl$ team without prejudice. We never met or spoke to anyone from fl$ prior to the tryout.

The best thing to do is call a director of a program and ask them yourself. Make a list of all your hard nosed questions and then make your own judgement by how they respond.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
That's good to hear, I was thinking about signing my son up for the tryout but people have told me it is a waste of time. Good to hear from someone who is involved and I will sign him up now.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard