BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 53 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 52 53
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://t.me/DatingFlirting - Sex without obligation in your city - https://bit.ly/34RxuK7

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So all your kids classmates play on his travel team. He doesn't plan on making any new friends in high school and will only play with kids his own age in high school. Oh wait he has to play with kids up 2 or 3 years older. Oh 4 years older too that guy is like me a holdback or 13th grader. What do you mean I cant beat up on all younger kids anymore? But daddy he is older than me? Its not fair.

I need to put this through Google translate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I laugh at the schedule for the Sunday bracket. They have 4 A teams and 4 b teams and split them two and two. This is why they change their schedule 30 times leading up to the event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I laugh at the schedule for the Sunday bracket. They have 4 A teams and 4 b teams and split them two and two. This is why they change their schedule 30 times leading up to the event.

What of those are really A teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you play 30+ kids equally? ANSWER: THEY DONT. That works 1x in 100 games. That scrimmage must have been the 100th game. Cant be a 1 trick pony and be consistent.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Accurate statement here

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Regulators is a B team . Enough already with that wanna be A team . False hope

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The demise of LIE has been greatly exaggerated. Congrats Forcegloo for picking up one player who makes up your entire offense. Not too hard to defend after getting exposed. BTW fine job on developing players, not.

So their entire offense was ONE player who was easy to defend once Choppers realized it YET Express still lost. So LIE was beaten by ONE kid. But their demise is greatly exaggerated....you my friend are delusional.

Last edited by JimSection1; . Reason: condescending behavior
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t need to go 100 miles and blow two teams out when we at least have decent competition with LE and Tri State Select. Might as well just stay home.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on, no one keeps score in a scrimmage!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you play 30+ kids equally? ANSWER: THEY DONT. That works 1x in 100 games. That scrimmage must have been the 100th game. Cant be a 1 trick pony and be consistent.
The parents have allowed the directors to stack rosters to 30 kids and only play 1/2 of them. This is exactly the reason there are no B or developmental teams. B teams and divisions have become an absolute joke. I don't see it turning around anytime soon. You either sit and watch at the A level or are banished to second rate coaching and competition. Anyone care to comment or refute? What is the answer for kids on the cusp? On the flip side how many of these kids will be burnt out, injured or sick of playing lacrosse by the time senior year rolls around?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The parents are like the battered spouse that keeps coming back for more. "Write the check please. It will change, Really.... We are a top team. A non travel team model...swear...."

Ask the parents of the kids on the team that didn't play their son at all how "Huge" the "Win" was.... Id love to see their responses. "We beat Express..it was awesome. I paid $3500+, had my sons confidence destroyed and I sat there for 2 hrs, after 3 practices this week, watching other kids play that really aren't any better than the kids that didnt see the field." Thats some "Win" right there. Congrats!

Lax is a team game folks. The sooner these "coaches" realize that the sooner you will have an answer to the question above: "What is the answer for kids on the cusp? On the flip side how many of these kids will be burnt out, injured or sick of playing lacrosse by the time senior year rolls around?"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of these team rosters are around 30 kids or even more sometimes. That means 20, 25 kids standing on the sideline. Even if 10 get rotated in and sometimes this don’t happen, that’s 10,15 parents leaving the field angry. If your kid is a top player, nothing to worry about. If your kid is related to a coach, great friends with a coach, nothing to worry about. Then it’s everybody else. Lots of kids/parents fall into this everybody else category. These are the people who help finance the club. No loyalty to your kid, very little or no playing time. He goes in if it’s a blowout. If you are in this category, club lacrosse may not be a very good experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody see team 91 schlong ? Come on, election day is over . Get out of the basement

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bigger? Yeah. But they outplayed them. Plain and simple. Give credit where it is due. The days of Exp are over. New sheriff in town and you can find him sitting in his Igloo. Now go away and dream about years past when that team used to be dominant.
Seriously. Igloo wins a SCRIMMAGE with a last minute goal and now you crown them king? LIE played their bench equally, can't say the same for your team. If WSYL happens they won't even qualify. They still can't beat town team REGS or wins over quality teams. A win here or there does not make them good. Keep chasing and open your checkbook.

This is absolutely untrue. LIE did not play their bench equally. Neither did Igloo. You would need two scrimmages to have the 65 kids play. There were kids on both teams that did not play at all.
there were kids in a "scrimmage" that did not play???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with the scrimmage already. Please. Who cares. Igloo won the scrimmage. Great. Igloo beat sweetlax last week, Express lost to sweetlax last week. Every once in awhile teams lose a game. It’s happens. It’s called sports. 5 minutes after I drive out of the parking lot, the score of the scrimmage is out of my head. What stays in my head is, how did my kid play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or how he didnt play.....I think thats the point they are trying to make

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So igloo played sweetlax, express played sweetlax . Anybody see 91 anywhere ? Do they play anymore or are they off until the spring ? Parents need to ask for a refund

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 did a play date with prime time this past Saturday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of these team rosters are around 30 kids or even more sometimes. That means 20, 25 kids standing on the sideline. Even if 10 get rotated in and sometimes this don’t happen, that’s 10,15 parents leaving the field angry. If your kid is a top player, nothing to worry about. If your kid is related to a coach, great friends with a coach, nothing to worry about. Then it’s everybody else. Lots of kids/parents fall into this everybody else category. These are the people who help finance the club. No loyalty to your kid, very little or no playing time. He goes in if it’s a blowout. If you are in this category, club lacrosse may not be a very good experience.
If the parent is in that situation they have no one to blame themselves. Surely they dont go in thinking, today is the day it changes and Johnny breaks in to the top 20 of the roster. Kid should ask the coach, that do I need to do to play and work to accomplish that. If they do and then dont play, ask again, work again and if it doesnt happen leave.........then dad should come on BOTC and complain. Until the kid asks and the dad leaves no complaining. Not everyone gets a trophy and not everyone gets playing time..........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the parent is in that situation they have no one to blame themselves. Surely they dont go in thinking, today is the day it changes and Johnny breaks in to the top 20 of the roster. Kid should ask the coach, that do I need to do to play and work to accomplish that. If they do and then dont play, ask again, work again and if it doesnt happen leave.........then dad should come on BOTC and complain. Until the kid asks and the dad leaves no complaining. Not everyone gets a trophy and not everyone gets playing time..........
Thanks club director. Kids are invested in the clubs and it's heartbreaking for them to leave. BE HONEST WITH PARENTS AND PLAYERS. Stop dangling the playing time carrot and tell kids they're not good enough to play but you'd love to have them load up the team for the practice squad. Show some respect for the people that supported your organization. Yes we get it you want to win but at what cost.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again, 2 way street...Parents and Coaches/Directors: Parents are free to leave & coaches have zero ability to cultivate a real team and develop players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Regulators is a solid team and see they moved to play LE and Tri State select.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is Tri State select any good?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone aware of O2 lacrosse, right on the NY/NJ border? How are they at this age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We played them in August. I would tend to say they are similar to Brotherly Love. A couple of solid and athletic players, just didn't seem to have much depth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is Tri State select any good?

Yes, that’s a good bracket with Tri State, Leading Edge and The Regulators. If that is the 2way select vs 2way in the other bracket we have some very competitive games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All overrated B teams, if you mean competitive among B teams than you are correct

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong

Ok I’ll correct myself. No one who understands how sports are played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again, 2 way street...Parents and Coaches/Directors: Parents are free to leave & coaches have zero ability to cultivate a real team and develop players.

Disagree. Owners, directors, coaches are responsible for creating the culture and developing players. Open and honest communication leads to mutual trust. Yes parents are free to leave but loyalty and respect go a long way towards retention. Programs were never as cutthroat as they are now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand why these clubs need to have rosters of 25+ kids. There is no rational way distribute playing time. I'm not saying it has to be equal but to travel hours each way only to stand on the sideline is demoralizing for a player of any age. I don't want to hear the coaches bs about effort equal playing time. Coach don't care they only want the W. They already know who their horses are so be honest. This shouldn't be college where 30 kids are on each team. Most HS teams don't even carry this many players. The B teams and lower tier A teams suffer because these huge rosters swallow up too many kids. I guess until the parents push back and refuse to travel it won't change. If you're happy being a practice player for a

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong

Well the 2026 Express parents have been hyping up the blowout scrimmage win over the Tigers for a few weeks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don’t understand why clubs have large rosters. I’ll explain it to you very simply. Money. It’s a simple thing to understand. 6 extra kids per team equal approximately 20 grand more money for the team. Some clubs have 10 teams, some clubs can have 20 teams, some clubs can have 30 teams, girls teams, B teams, C teams. Every parent with a check makes a team. So making an extra 20 grand per team turns out to be a very lucrative business decision. Those 6 extra kids aren’t happy, oh well. Sorry. Next year there will be 6 other kids whose parents will cut checks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BINGO!!! Get that man a cigar and the Directors another Lexus.... Pay up!!!! Again tho, parents can choose to leave at any time but they dont. They stay quiet, like mice, then vent on this board...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Leaving at anytime. That’s not much of an option. First it’s a lot of money that was paid for the season. Second and more importantly, it would send a message of quitting to your kid. Start the season, finish the season. The season ends, you don’t go back. That’s how I see it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed, a lot of venting on this board but thy stay quiet and fall in line and don’t say a word to the directors that they say on here lol...also I love it when these same guys come in here after their sons team wins a game and explains it as “we” hahah as if they stepped in the field and played . Get a life and some balls , if you can’t say to a director what you say on here then keep quiet .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong

Well the 2026 Express parents have been hyping up the blowout scrimmage win over the Tigers for a few weeks.

When two of the top teams in the country play each other, you should probably keep score.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whats happening with NAL on the 14th?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finish the season? I agree with that in "real world" circumstances....but in the Lax domain? C'mon man. Accepting lies & excuses, being discarded, having someone destroy your kid's self worth and getting zero in return for your "tuition"? If those are the lessons you want your kid to absorb then stay but then you need to pipe down. If not, you can walk at any time.

And if you paid for a full season, in advance, in the Covid era then 1. The directors love sheep that do that and 2. I have some magic beans for sale if your interested.

Not trying to be abrasive but that's just the way it is. "I put you in a detrimental situation for your development as a player and a young man but you have to finish it out" Say that aloud a few times and see if it still makes sense.... That's like saying "I paid for this dinner that is making you sick but eat it anyway" Wake up man.

Page 15 of 53 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 52 53

Link Copied to Clipboard