BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
Re: New England Prep School Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Might have to do the preseason rankings-This is just based on college commits so far.

1. Taft
2. Brunswick
3. Salisbury
4. Avon Old Farms
5. Trinity-Pawling
6. Berkshire
7. Hotchkiss
8. Choate
9. All the Rest

Do they play reclass kids based on deals with their club teams?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would a Prep School coach play kids based dependent on which club team they play for? Look at any strong Founders league roster and you'll see clubs represented. They play kids with goal of winning as well as developing the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone hear anything regarding spring yet from their school?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a maximum amount of reclassed players a team can have? How about Post Graduate players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe someone else can provide more input but as a father of a Founders league boy who plays lax, the rumors are it potentially isn't looking good. If the fall/winter hits as many are predicting the coaches are slightly pessimistic about a season. I can tell you that my son has NOT been able to leave campus and wont be able to for 10 weeks. If a student does they must quarantine for 2 weeks at home and get tested before returning. If these policies and procedures are in place and the numbers are still going up I don't see how they play lacrosse. I realize March/April is 6 months away but I can only tell you the whispers. The schools care about not refunding some $$ and staying open so if a second wave hits - the travel to and from other schools may not happen. Again these are all just whispers which I hope are wrong AND this pandemic ends soon. But then again if you were to ask me back in March if schools would have had a lockdown in the fall and no sports I would have thought you were be a little silly!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

just like with football, preps playing lax in actual games is on thin ice even though they are doing fall ball. A lot will depend on what happens with HS sports cases between now and then. If schools then prep leagues report covid cases on soccer or basketball teams, be extremely worried. for now, just be worried.
--------------------

Maybe someone else can provide more input but as a father of a Founders league boy who plays lax, the rumors are it potentially isn't looking good. If the fall/winter hits as many are predicting the coaches are slightly pessimistic about a season. I can tell you that my son has NOT been able to leave campus and wont be able to for 10 weeks. If a student does they must quarantine for 2 weeks at home and get tested before returning. If these policies and procedures are in place and the numbers are still going up I don't see how they play lacrosse. I realize March/April is 6 months away but I can only tell you the whispers. The schools care about not refunding some $$ and staying open so if a second wave hits - the travel to and from other schools may not happen. Again these are all just whispers which I hope are wrong AND this pandemic ends soon. But then again if you were to ask me back in March if schools would have had a lockdown in the fall and no sports I would have thought you were be a little silly!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

just like with football, preps playing lax in actual games is on thin ice even though they are doing fall ball. A lot will depend on what happens with HS sports cases between now and then. If schools then prep leagues report covid cases on soccer or basketball teams, be extremely worried. for now, just be worried.
--------------------

UGH. Speaking as a father of a 2023, next summer is going to everything and here's to hoping your coach has contacts!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no max on reclassed players. There is a max on PG players. For football the number is 8, so I can't imagine it is any greater than that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Might have to do the preseason rankings-This is just based on college commits so far.

1. Taft
2. Brunswick
3. Salisbury
4. Avon Old Farms
5. Trinity-Pawling
6. Berkshire
7. Hotchkiss
8. Choate
9. All the Rest"

Maybe I'm missing something and they are not part of this league if the above is actually a league, but someone forgot to put Deerfield in there...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

--------------------

My son goes to TP and they are not allowed of campus if boarding. Day students are not allowed to play fall club ball. I don't think there will be winter Basketball/wrestling based on the precautions in place now for fall ball which is all outdoors so while my son desperately wants spring ball after last year being cancelled I too have real doubts they will play games this spring.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Might have to do the preseason rankings-This is just based on college commits so far.

1. Taft
2. Brunswick
3. Salisbury
4. Avon Old Farms
5. Trinity-Pawling
6. Berkshire
7. Hotchkiss
8. Choate
9. All the Rest"

Maybe I'm missing something and they are not part of this league if the above is actually a league, but someone forgot to put Deerfield in there...

This was Founders League but we could expand to New England West

1. Taft
2. Deerfield
3. Brunswick
4. Salisbury
5. Avon Old Farms
6. Trinity-Pawling
7. Berkshire
8. Hotchkiss
9. Loomis Chafee
10. Choate
11. Westminster
12. Kent
13. NFMH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Choate should be higher!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the Founders league just UNANIMOUSLY cancelled winter sports. garbage! This ain't looking good for spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the Founders league just UNANIMOUSLY cancelled winter sports. garbage! This ain't looking good for spring.

Good thing lax isn't in the winter!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good thing lax isn't in the winter!

That's what the basketball parents said about football! The dominoes are falling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is getting ridiculous!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every day that goes by is making me more nervous for ANY Northeast lacrosse this spring

"MIT became the latest NCAA Division III program to cancel its winter seasons because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

On Monday, MIT cancelled all winter varsity sports competition, which will impact men’s and women’s swimming and diving, men’s and women’s basketball, fencing, rifle, squash, and men’s and women’s indoor track and field.

In addition, the New England Women’s and Men’s Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) Presidents Council voted unanimously to suspend conference play and championships for the 2020-21 winter sports season due to the Covid-19 pandemic."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every day that goes by is making me more nervous for ANY Northeast lacrosse this spring

"MIT became the latest NCAA Division III program to cancel its winter seasons because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

On Monday, MIT cancelled all winter varsity sports competition, which will impact men’s and women’s swimming and diving, men’s and women’s basketball, fencing, rifle, squash, and men’s and women’s indoor track and field.

In addition, the New England Women’s and Men’s Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) Presidents Council voted unanimously to suspend conference play and championships for the 2020-21 winter sports season due to the Covid-19 pandemic."

Education is more important than sports

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not necessarily for the mental health of a 16 year old who may potentially lose a full year (last spring as well) of what makes them feel good about themselves, gives them confidence, friendships etc...In the scheme if things, the mental health component of doing things is becoming just as important as sitting in front of an iPad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not necessarily for the mental health of a 16 year old who may potentially lose a full year (last spring as well) of what makes them feel good about themselves, gives them confidence, friendships etc...In the scheme if things, the mental health component of doing things is becoming just as important as sitting in front of an iPad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said. I hope we have some sort of spring season even abbreviated season possibly later in spring but we'll see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not worth 70k tuition. Take your kid to a shrink for less money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
then you have no idea what you are talking about with these prep schools . they are the best schools in the country for your kid ,,,,, dont bash people sending there kids to these schools ... and here is another note take a look at all the top lacrosse schools rosters they all are a majority of prep kids so have a great day ....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
then you have no idea what you are talking about with these prep schools . they are the best schools in the country for your kid ,,,,, dont bash people sending there kids to these schools ... and here is another note take a look at all the top lacrosse schools rosters they all are a majority of prep kids so have a great day ....

Wow 70k a year to play lacrosse and have little Johnny get his head straight because Daddy has issues living through his son. I bet you go around with five of your kids school stickers slapped all over your car. You d o u c h e.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow 70k a year to play lacrosse and have little Johnny get his head straight because Daddy has issues living through his son. I bet you go around with five of your kids school stickers slapped all over your car. You d o u c h e.

$70k for my kid to play top level lacrosse, get a great connection and leave HS with a network of friends that put him in a better position for the real world. Oh yea, and I reclassed him as well so that he is older and better situated for taking on leadership positions in school and beyond. Lastly, yes I have his magnets and the one that says he is an honor student. Im not the original poster but I will say you are a short sited little person passing judgement out of, Im guessing, jealousy. Know this, my son is also learning to deal with likes of you.

Last edited by JimSection1; . Reason: inflammatory
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$70k for my kid to play top level lacrosse, get a great connection and leave HS with a network of friends that put him in a better position for the real world. Oh yea, and I reclassed him as well so that he is older and better situated for taking on leadership positions in school and beyond. Lastly, yes I have his magnets and the one that says he is an honor student. Im not the original poster but I will say you are a short sited little person passing judgement out of, Im guessing, jealousy. Know this, my son is also learning to deal with likes of you.

I was taught never tell people how to spend their money. If getting a child ahead in life is worth 70k a year to someone can they can pay it let them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love it! Well said!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey Buffy, Make sure you wear your pink shorts and yellow golf shirt with the collar up so I can recognize you at the next tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it gives my son a greater chance to get to a better school and then have a greater platform to achieve in life then its the right choice for me. Go Deerfield. I'll forgo the Denali package on my next vehicle to help fund. Parent as you like, my goal is to do all I can for my children to prepare them and put them in the best position possible for their own futures. Do I miss watching my son play football and lacrosse this year. heck yeah. Does he miss it exponentially more than me, yes. Worry about your own family...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it gives my son a greater chance to get to a better school and then have a greater platform to achieve in life then its the right choice for me. Go Deerfield. I'll forgo the Denali package on my next vehicle to help fund. Parent as you like, my goal is to do all I can for my children to prepare them and put them in the best position possible for their own futures. Do I miss watching my son play football and lacrosse this year. heck yeah. Does he miss it exponentially more than me, yes. Worry about your own family...
Well Said if you have never had your kid experience prep school don't bash it because you have no idea what you are talking about. if you can afford to do it you will never regret it BEST MONEY EVER SPENT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even if you can't afford to do it and they want your kid, most have significant endowments and can and will provide significant financial assistance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well Said if you have never had your kid experience prep school don't bash it because you have no idea what you are talking about. if you can afford to do it you will never regret it BEST MONEY EVER SPENT

My friend went to Taft and now he's in construction.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is the problem with construction. Most tradespersons will have learned a lifelong skill, zero college debt, health benefits and an annuity before your child even graduates

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is the problem with construction. Most tradespersons will have learned a lifelong skill, zero college debt, health benefits and an annuity before your child even graduates

Taft was 60k at the time with four years of his school made it cost 240k plus college costs, then construction. Nothing wrong with construction, just that Prep did nothing as per the statement that it's worth every penny spent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have friends that went to colleges not listed on anyone's top 50's that own their own companies or are highly successful on Wall Street. I don't think anyone is going to argue that success is automatic if you go to an elite prep school or college, NOTHING is. Conversely, that you are doomed if you do not go to a highly regarded college. I think most rationale people would agree elite prep school to elite college is going to open up more opportunities initially out of school. From that point on its on the person and the degrees are for the most part office decorations, though there certainly are stronger networking channels afforded due to association. If you disagree with any of the above, well you need to get out a little more and see the world.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prep Schools are great for cultivating friendships and networking as well as forming better study habits. However the same can be done in a solid public school. The difference is some universities would rather accept a student from a prep school vs public as they generally are tougher academically. Any decent college coach will tell you they look at Founders league first before almost every public school except a few powerhouses to recruit. Kids are generally older and more mature.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I rest my case...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious to here from other FOunders lacrosse parents...are your sons allowed to play with their clubs during the fall/winter break?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious to here from other FOunders lacrosse parents...are your sons allowed to play with their clubs during the fall/winter break?
Yes, of course

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard