BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 61 of 220 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
TG wins at that age because their top players are better than YJ top players .Back half of teams are about equal.Eventually I think it will get very close with YJ overtaking them because YJ 2nd team( whatever they are being called these days) is much better compared to purple team and eventually the better players will replace the lesser kids on Carro. Also the coaching is not even remotely on the same level between these two teams.Very familiar with both these teams and to be honest glad my kid is on lower level team as both teams are filled with kids who rarely pass the ball and are complete ball hogs.
Don’t kid yourself. The lesser kids on Carro aren’t going anywhere. Don’t be surprised if you see some more FAF next year.

don't be surprosed if pm takes over the team after next year

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with the uniform nonsense. Should the girls have nicer uniforms, yes.Do the girls want nicer uniforms ,yes.Will nicer uniforms make the girls play better, no.Should you pick a club based on uniforms, no.I have more of an issue with having so many kids on each team, although at least we are not YJ who have 28 kids on one of their teams, what a joke. Would be interesting to see a club that limits their teams to 20 maximum , 18 preferable. I would rather pay a little more and have less kids per team.
You must be talking about the 2019 Blue Carrow/ Mt. Sinai/Friends and Family team. Our 2019 Black team has a lot of kids, but they all belong on this team. I can’t say that about the 2019 Blue Carrow/ Mt. Sinai/Friends and Family team. There are about 5 kids that absolutely do not belong on that team. I hate to see the team split up, but maybe next year BS will add another team to reduce the roster (and make some more money).

Funny thing is some kids from the town you mention were moved off the team while TG black picked up a few who were unable to make it on the top YJ team in past years.Maybe they worked hard in the off-season and got better maybe its easier to make TG black. In my opinion which is a bit of a contradiction Tg wins at this age group but their team is easier to make, go figure.
None of the new kids on TG Black or TG Purple came from 2019 Blue Carro/ Mt. Sinai/ Friends and Family.

2017 black has some Suffolk/YJ players who are not happy. Purple looks a team of physical players who giggle after the job is done. Both teams have awesome talent, just need the best chemistry

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know it is tough to judge different age groups but what tg team do you think has the most talent?
No wise a** answers please!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2015 black

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with the uniform nonsense. Should the girls have nicer uniforms, yes.Do the girls want nicer uniforms ,yes.Will nicer uniforms make the girls play better, no.Should you pick a club based on uniforms, no.I have more of an issue with having so many kids on each team, although at least we are not YJ who have 28 kids on one of their teams, what a joke. Would be interesting to see a club that limits their teams to 20 maximum , 18 preferable. I would rather pay a little more and have less kids per team.
You must be talking about the 2019 Blue Carrow/ Mt. Sinai/Friends and Family team. Our 2019 Black team has a lot of kids, but they all belong on this team. I can’t say that about the 2019 Blue Carrow/ Mt. Sinai/Friends and Family team. There are about 5 kids that absolutely do not belong on that team. I hate to see the team split up, but maybe next year BS will add another team to reduce the roster (and make some more money).

Funny thing is some kids from the town you mention were moved off the team while TG black picked up a few who were unable to make it on the top YJ team in past years.Maybe they worked hard in the off-season and got better maybe its easier to make TG black. In my opinion which is a bit of a contradiction Tg wins at this age group but their team is easier to make, go figure.
None of the new kids on TG Black or TG Purple came from 2019 Blue Carro/ Mt. Sinai/ Friends and Family.

2017 black has some Suffolk/YJ players who are not happy. Purple looks a team of physical players who giggle after the job is done. Both teams have awesome talent, just need the best chemistry

thought 2017 was probably the weakest talent pool last year, hopefully beter this year

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2015 black, I also think 2017 has strong players and 2018 has a great goalie

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great is a bit of a stretch. She is a good goalie

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great is a bit of a stretch. She is a good goalie

Your right, she is good, not great. YJ 2018 blue has advantage at that position which may be the balancing point between those two teams. So I agree with most of the post on here that TG certainly has attractted some talent, but I also agree the YJs may have the edge coaching. Many of the young coaches on TGs are great players and many will become great coaches, but they are young and need the time to get there. Everyone on here should be happy that the other club (you don't belong to) exisists. Instead of hating, know that even though things may be rosey with your team/club right now, a lot can happen in a year or two and like many others, you may be looking to switch. Grass isn't always greener, but sometimes it most certainly is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2016 black best on LI, beat (i mean crushed) allstars and allstars beat YJ twice. do the math.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2015 black has good goalie, 1 super star middie, 1 super star attacker, 2 very good middie players. thats it. never beat YJ blue, never beat MD, never won A level tournament in 5 years

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The question was. Which top guns team had the most talent, not who was better than any other club team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thought 2017 was probably the weakest talent pool last year, hopefully beter this year

Hopefully purple got a new goalie. If not youz iz screwed!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG wins at that age because their top players are better than YJ top players .Back half of teams are about equal.Eventually I think it will get very close with YJ overtaking them because YJ 2nd team( whatever they are being called these days) is much better compared to purple team and eventually the better players will replace the lesser kids on Carro. Also the coaching is not even remotely on the same level between these two teams.Very familiar with both these teams and to be honest glad my kid is on lower level team as both teams are filled with kids who rarely pass the ball and are complete ball hogs.
Don’t kid yourself. The lesser kids on Carro aren’t going anywhere. Don’t be surprised if you see some more FAF next year.

don't be surprosed if pm takes over the team after next year
I think he already calls the shots on that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The question was. Which top guns team had the most talent, not who was better than any other club team

You are on an open internet forum, just because you post a pointed question you surely can't expect people to stay on your topic for the rest of the threads exisitence. You have no control of what will be discussed, if you can't handle that, you may want to tune out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2015 black has good goalie, 1 super star middie, 1 super star attacker, 2 very good middie players. thats it. never beat YJ blue, never beat MD, never won A level tournament in 5 years

5 years? You do know TGs is a new organization and have only played 3 summer seasons??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2016 black best on LI, beat (i mean crushed) allstars and allstars beat YJ twice. do the math.

You lost to skywalkers at same tourney who YJ then went on to crush so your math skills are about as good as your lacrosse, which is to say not very good. You have also lost to YJ top teams any time you have played them directly.Try to win some championship tournament before you start saying how good you are.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

You lost to skywalkers at same tourney who YJ then went on to crush so your math skills are about as good as your lacrosse, which is to say not very good. You have also lost to YJ top teams any time you have played them directly.Try to win some championship tournament before you start saying how good you are.

So defensive. Wonder why...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

I'm defensive because Carol told me to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only looking to stir the pot! Why anyone is even answering you is beyond me. Go troll on another message board!!

I know it is tough to judge different age groups but what tg team do you think has the most talent?
No wise a** answers please!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Tired of hearing the blowhard 2016 parents .2015 easily has the most talent ,unfortunately for them so does YJ and sky walkers in this age group.The top players from TG2015 are way more accomplished than TG 2016 , the players and teams are not comparable .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not so fast Elliot Ness. TG 2015 lost a last minute one goal game to Skywalkers 2015 who then went on to crush YJ 2015 at the U15's in Florida.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 has talent on both teams, I think as the season goes on we may see some surprise switches being made. Bill and Shannon are looking to build a dynasty and the right combination of talent and sportsmanship will make this the team that makes people talk.
Looking forwardvto walking the circuit and making new friends, good luck girls, have fun families!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 has talent on both teams, I think as the season goes on we may see some surprise switches being made. Bill and Shannon are looking to build a dynasty and the right combination of talent and sportsmanship will make this the team that makes people talk.
Looking forwardvto walking the circuit and making new friends, good luck girls, have fun families!

Sounds like your new to TG, and welcome. Surprise switches? Maybe switch up the roster for next year, highly doubt they would mess with roster this year. If the second team has talent on it and good chemistry, it may be best to let them stay there and build on top of that. They should follow YJ lead and lose the color designation, have no A or B tag, this would lend itself to girls remaining on a team that could rise above the so called A team and be the better team without moving girls around on rosters year to year. It would also confuse parents of new girls trying out as to which team they actually made so the would get less people walking away from rejection of the black team. While some of the black teams may have the majority of the talent, there are many players on the purple teams that are way better than most on black, but that's the politics of it all. Moving from YJ to TG, the politics are just as bad .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like your new to TG, and welcome. Surprise switches? Maybe switch up the roster for next year, highly doubt they would mess with roster this year. If the second team has talent on it and good chemistry, it may be best to let them stay there and build on top of that. They should follow YJ lead and lose the color designation, have no A or B tag, this would lend itself to girls remaining on a team that could rise above the so called A team and be the better team without moving girls around on rosters year to year. It would also confuse parents of new girls trying out as to which team they actually made so the would get less people walking away from rejection of the black team. While some of the black teams may have the majority of the talent, there are many players on the purple teams that are way better than most on black, but that's the politics of it all. Moving from YJ to TG, the politics are just as bad .
It sounds as if TG has followed YJ lead by initiating the friends and family plan.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not so fast Elliot Ness. TG 2015 lost a last minute one goal game to Skywalkers 2015 who then went on to crush YJ 2015 at the U15's in Florida.

Are you really this dense. First off the we lost by less to the same team argument is childish at best, second you are using 2015 teams to make statements about a completely different 2016 age group.If you are going to use sarcasm at least have a clue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sold on 2017, saw them play M&D at CNC last summer....awful lot of work to do to even get into the "Top Teams" discussion. Don't get too many cracks at the top teams so gotta make them count.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sold on 2017, saw them play M&D at CNC last summer....awful lot of work to do to even get into the "Top Teams" discussion. Don't get too many cracks at the top teams so gotta make them count.

I agree

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It sounds as if TG has followed YJ lead by initiating the friends and family plan.
Can someone please explain to me what is meant by friends and family plan?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some poster made up a term to describe the politics of the clubs that gets certain girls on teams that they wouldn't otherwise make without some sort of "friend or family" connection to a director, coach or whatever. That poster must be proud of their little phrase as they are wearing the term out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It means that someone feels certain players do not deserve to be on a certain team and only get put put there because they are either friends or family of the powers that be. Whether this is correct or just sour grapes is always an open issue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It means that someone feels certain players do not deserve to be on a certain team and only get put put there because they are either friends or family of the powers that be. Whether this is correct or just sour grapes is always an open issue.
In most cases (99%), I’d say this is correct, not sour grapes. However, if it bothers you, you’re better off letting it go, because there is nothing you can do about it. Just thank god that your daughter is not one of the kids being labeled as a FAF.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In most cases (99%), I’d say this is correct, not sour grapes. However, if it bothers you, you’re better off letting it go, because there is nothing you can do about it. Just thank god that your daughter is not one of the kids being labeled as a FAF.

Borderline cases really don't bother me. Don't even mind obvious cases, but I do feel bad for kids in this position that are put in situations where they don't belong. The only time it bothers me is when it is a coaches kid, and they dont belong yet somehow they get more playing time cause mom or dad does the sub rotation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if the new uniforms came in? My daughter 2018 missed the last practice and outgrew hers from last year. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if the new uniforms came in? My daughter 2018 missed the last practice and outgrew hers from last year. Thanks

If you are stirring the pot at least put an apron on....Geez!!!! Your comment is very transparent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard in order to save money the players are now going to share pinnies so you better find someone from an older team that is the same number.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't you mean... My daughter got cut and I can't get over it! Even the nice YJ D team uniform can't help you get over it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I take that to mean all stars are the best then.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not 1 Top Gun girl made the Brine team. Numerous YJ girls did, wow

Like Reply Quote
A