Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
TheBackOfTheCage #314021 10/31/20 02:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok I am going to pose a question about tryouts like UA and I’m not sure what the right answer is. On tryout day a player has a flat out killer tryout. I have witnessed this scenario in back to back years for the same player on an older UA team. This particular player was selected and two straight years couldn’t stop a beach ball once arriving at practice and eventually games. Do you go with the tryout or go with a history of being a standout. A tryout is a 3 hour event and you as the selection staff have seen this group for years so you know the history of these players. I saw this once again at a different position but with the same result, standout tryout only to be followed up by mediocre at best play in practice and games. I now know why some coaches will go with a proven body of work versus a great afternoon tryout. I can see both sides now.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #314026 10/31/20 04:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ok I am going to pose a question about tryouts like UA and I’m not sure what the right answer is. On tryout day a player has a flat out killer tryout. I have witnessed this scenario in back to back years for the same player on an older UA team. This particular player was selected and two straight years couldn’t stop a beach ball once arriving at practice and eventually games. Do you go with the tryout or go with a history of being a standout. A tryout is a 3 hour event and you as the selection staff have seen this group for years so you know the history of these players. I saw this once again at a different position but with the same result, standout tryout only to be followed up by mediocre at best play in practice and games. I now know why some coaches will go with a proven body of work versus a great afternoon tryout. I can see both sides now.

This might be too deep for this pool. Daddy’s just want to complain that their kiddo didn’t make it, and that everyone else stinks, and they’re glad they lost.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #314029 10/31/20 07:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This might be too deep for this pool. Daddy’s just want to complain that their kiddo didn’t make it, and that everyone else stinks, and they’re glad they lost.

Well they do stink, and they did lose!😜

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #314030 10/31/20 07:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wake up. They didn’t make the final 4. Obviously they picked the wrong players. Is that too hard to understand.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #314034 10/31/20 08:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wake up. They didn’t make the final 4. Obviously they picked the wrong players. Is that too hard to understand.

Exactly!! LI has plenty of gritty players who can get the job done. Unfortunately politics picked the entitled princesses who pooped the bed once again!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #314039 10/31/20 11:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Corrections: They Did make the final 4 as Northeast bracket winners. They Did “poop the bed” this year but last year lost to Baltimore by 1 in the final, so there is no “again”.

The Top girls, with long track records of being the Best in the Grade on LI, did Not get it done this year, at All. Reality: The history over-the-years of top play will get 80% of them picked again & again & again. Seems it’s the other 20% (about 4 or 5 players) that are the ones who “took your daughters spot due politics” and should not have made it. We AGREE! The last 4 or 5 spots likely went to those the coaches know, weather due to politics or comfort with the players history vs a lights out tryout. It is these 4 or 5 players that did Not belong that has so many unable to move on. Understandable! Hopefully next year your daughter gets one of those spots. Could only be an improvement.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #314042 11/01/20 06:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Corrections: They Did make the final 4 as Northeast bracket winners. They Did “poop the bed” this year but last year lost to Baltimore by 1 in the final, so there is no “again”.

The Top girls, with long track records of being the Best in the Grade on LI, did Not get it done this year, at All. Reality: The history over-the-years of top play will get 80% of them picked again & again & again. Seems it’s the other 20% (about 4 or 5 players) that are the ones who “took your daughters spot due politics” and should not have made it. We AGREE! The last 4 or 5 spots likely went to those the coaches know, weather due to politics or comfort with the players history vs a lights out tryout. It is these 4 or 5 players that did Not belong that has so many unable to move on. Understandable! Hopefully next year your daughter gets one of those spots. Could only be an improvement.

Agreed however it’s more than 4 or 5 that were gifted spots on the team. Jesters had 3 out 5 that made it haven’t played on varsity yet. Only 1 Jester truly deserved it. Dad coach came in picked his girls and they were exposed. The YJ also had players that were gifted onto the team. A handful of them deserved their spot based on their varsity lax play and reputation. The Jesters dad Coach was exposed for his coaching because he didn’t select the top players he was trying to grow his program at the expense of the UA team. When you have your choice of top Long Island talent you should be able to roll a ball out there and win.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #314048 11/01/20 11:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Corrections: They Did make the final 4 as Northeast bracket winners. They Did “poop the bed” this year but last year lost to Baltimore by 1 in the final, so there is no “again”.

Agreed however it’s more than 4 or 5 that were gifted spots on the team. Jesters had 3 out 5 that made it haven’t played on varsity yet. Only 1 Jester truly deserved it. Dad coach came in picked his girls and they were exposed. The YJ also had players that were gifted onto the team. A handful of them deserved their spot based on their varsity lax play and reputation. The Jesters dad Coach was exposed for his coaching because he didn’t select the top players he was trying to grow his program at the expense of the UA team. When you have your choice of top Long Island talent you should be able to roll a ball out there and win.

agreed many of the top players on long island were no shows for this event becuase of the crappy reputation of of the selection process of the UA team. the girls new they made it before they even tried out... just sayin

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #315315 11/16/20 09:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First time on this thread. I have a 2023 daughter and there hasn't been any reason to visit this thread, when there isn't drama.

Yesterday, I was at Mid-Atlantic (Genesee Valley) and the game adjacent to my daughter's game was the Jesters 2023 Black sideline. WOW, the two male coaches were unlike any club coaches I have seen a while. Almost all coaches yell and complain to the officials during a game. But these to coaches, who look related to each
other, were the exception to the rule. The yelled and tired to dictate way to much action. I felt sad for the players/parents and I wondered why the would subject themselves to these two coaches.

But prior to posting my comments, I noted that the Jesters clearly already receive negative attention. Which supports my opinion and I hope those parents wake up and realize the harm that these two have caused.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #315353 11/16/20 12:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First time on this thread. I have a 2023 daughter and there hasn't been any reason to visit this thread, when there isn't drama.

Yesterday, I was at Mid-Atlantic (Genesee Valley) and the game adjacent to my daughter's game was the Jesters 2023 Black sideline. WOW, the two male coaches were unlike any club coaches I have seen a while. Almost all coaches yell and complain to the officials during a game. But these to coaches, who look related to each
other, were the exception to the rule. The yelled and tired to dictate way to much action. I felt sad for the players/parents and I wondered why the would subject themselves to these two coaches.

But prior to posting my comments, I noted that the Jesters clearly already receive negative attention. Which supports my opinion and I hope those parents wake up and realize the harm that these two have caused.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #315354 11/16/20 12:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you watch any games with a long island team in it. The refs do not give Long Island any close calls. N lots of calls they blatantly give to Maryland or any other state. I watched the game the jester coaches were very frustrated.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #315359 11/16/20 01:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you watch any games with a long island team in it. The refs do not give Long Island any close calls. N lots of calls they blatantly give to Maryland or any other state. I watched the game the jester coaches were very frustrated.

This is inaccurate statement and such a cop out. The prior comment about the Jesters coaches is “spot on.” Maintain the integrity of youth sports and stop being a poor role model for your players.

Many of the Long Island teams did not fare well this weekend due to other teams just being better. Monster is a NY team and I don’t see them complaining, but still going undefeated.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #315368 11/16/20 01:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were also at the Mid-Atlantic. We didn't see actually Jesters play, but we sure heard the screaming and yelling. You don't see or hear that much down South. I think that is the same coach who pulled a several of his players for UA game? I'm sure that they are good players and good kids, but seems fishy, that's all we are saying. Very interesting.
We Heard that those teams are now part of CR and YJ? Questionable move by CR.

The parents, coaches and players from other teams heard them screaming. They were talking about the shameless behavior. Like you we heard about the negative comments on coaches before, but never witnessed .
Just a bad look for their team, club, kids and the sport. As for those poor players that have to endure that behavior, I feel terrible for them .Not a good look those poor players and parents come recruiting time. They should rethink their choice of team. It's not good the girls future in sports, college, recruiting and perhaps most importantly , life lessons.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #315413 11/16/20 06:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They (Jesters) are NOT part of YJ or CR organization.

The LI team under 23 Swarm played Extremely well, Again! 2 weeks ago they beat M&D Black, MD United and a Carolina team and this weekend beat Monsters, controlled M& D Black but settled for tie and beat Florida team.
From the comment the LI teams did not fair well, honest question, how did TG, Jesters and any Other LI teams actually do?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #315415 11/16/20 07:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If you watch any games with a long island team in it. The refs do not give Long Island any close calls. N lots of calls they blatantly give to Maryland or any other state. I watched the game the jester coaches were very frustrated.

This is inaccurate statement and such a cop out. The prior comment about the Jesters coaches is “spot on.” Maintain the integrity of youth sports and stop being a poor role model for your players.

Many of the Long Island teams did not fare well this weekend due to other teams just being better. Monster is a NY team and I don’t see them complaining, but still going undefeated.[/quote

Not sure what Midatlantic you were at but YJ Thorn beat Monster A (purple) 8-5. then apparently were up on M&D black 6-0 and the refs gave them numerous yellows in the last 10 minutes and played down 2-3 girls and M&D tied it at buzzers. sounds like they weren’t happy with the officiating too. it is M&D’s tourney though ]

Like Reply Quote
Page 20 of 25 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 24 25
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard