BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 53 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 52 53
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express has reclassed 2024 holdbacks. Facts.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels need to worry about themselves! I heard they have a Goalie problems on most of their teams!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Both Sweetlax and Express are winning with actual age-on kids. Take a look at that BBL team - they had kids that were six feet tall, no exaggeration. And they still lost. Say what you want about Express, but it's not cheating like some of the other teams by bringing 2024s down to play.

On no, 6ft tall. So what? That doesn't mean he's older. My son is 5'11 in 7th grade, and on age.

Yeah. My son is 6' and on age. Silly comment.

6 foot tall 8th grader? And a 5'11" 7th grader? Wow - what are the odds of having two people on this board with kids who exceed the 99th percentile in height for their age group? Answer: zero.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express has reclassed 2024 holdbacks. Facts.

Stop,,,they do not. They have a 26 though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels arent even in this conversation. And they have some big kids too...which apparenlty doesnt help

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 6 foot athletic strong stick skilled 8th grader player who has reached puberty is the unicorn ask my 4'10 son who is a good player if he likes covering that kid! That kid is gonna eat him alive. The problem is that kid is generally a unicorn, some of the kids like him are the ones who dont put their birthdate on the roster profile because it would read 2006 or even 2005. Not to mention the average sized guys that are unbelievably fast and skilled with similiar birthdates. We have been on enough teams to know why there are some no birthdate guys on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can I ask why anyone cares about Unicorns, Igloo, Rebels, Exp 91 etc? You should be focused on your son's team along his development and his enjoyment of the game, not what kids left a team that unfortunately folded and where they landed. Everyone has different reasons for playing travel so leave it at that. There are a lot of good kids on all of these teams. We can critique all day but in the end, does it really matter? They are kids .... Deep down I hope everyone realizes this and that the chatter on this board is for entertainment purposes only or to simply waste your company's time and money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can I ask why anyone cares about Unicorns, Igloo, Rebels, Exp 91 etc? You should be focused on your son's team along his development and his enjoyment of the game, not what kids left a team that unfortunately folded and where they landed. Everyone has different reasons for playing travel so leave it at that. There are a lot of good kids on all of these teams. We can critique all day but in the end, does it really matter? They are kids .... Deep down I hope everyone realizes this and that the chatter on this board is for entertainment purposes only or to simply waste your company's time and money.
Thanks Hall Monitor Mom!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both Sweetlax and Express are winning with actual age-on kids. Take a look at that BBL team - they had kids that were six feet tall, no exaggeration. And they still lost. Say what you want about Express, but it's not cheating like some of the other teams by bringing 2024s down to play.

On no, 6ft tall. So what? That doesn't mean he's older. My son is 5'11 in 7th grade, and on age.

Yeah. My son is 6' and on age. Silly comment.

6 foot tall 8th grader? And a 5'11" 7th grader? Wow - what are the odds of having two people on this board with kids who exceed the 99th percentile in height for their age group? Answer: zero.

Dont be bitter because their kids are taller than you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is 14 and is 6 foot tall as well. It happens when both of your parents are both in the 99th percentile.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true Igloo beat Express in a scrimmage yesterday? If so, did Express just play their bench?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is 14 and is 6 foot tall as well. It happens when both of your parents are both in the 99th percentile.

WRONG! He must be a unicorn, or a double holdback!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the same. Exp def lost a step...or 10.... and Force-gloo must have had the game of their lives. Anyone know what the score was?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true Igloo beat Express in a scrimmage yesterday? If so, did Express just play their bench?

Keep bragging about a scrimmage. Who cares. The fat penguin so badly wants to be chanster. He now has the biggest roster in the NE. Harbor Force Gloo whatever they’re called now. Remember he used call himself the anti club lacrosse. At least with LIE you know what to expect. Penguin claims it’s all about the kid$$$$. Laughable. You’ll never beat us when it matters. Fact

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lot of big moms patrolling the sidelines lately. Turtles and express B got whooped by a town team this weekend...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10-9, last minute goal. Both teams played great, it could of went either way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10-9 quick goal with a few seconds left to play. Game could of went either way. Both teams played well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep bragging about a scrimmage. Who cares. The fat penguin so badly wants to be chanster. He now has the biggest roster in the NE. Harbor Force Gloo whatever they’re called now. Remember he used call himself the anti club lacrosse. At least with LIE you know what to expect. Penguin claims it’s all about the kid$$$$. Laughable. You’ll never beat us when it matters. Fact

That's fine that they'll never beat you when it matters but what happen this time? Why did they beat you? Any "laughable" excuses?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's fine that they'll never beat you when it matters but what happen this time? Why did they beat you? Any "laughable" excuses?

They were bigger and won the ground balls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess is if Teeth fields his re-classed WSYL team, Penguin has no shot, 30 kids or not. But give them credit as they won yesterday. Advantage Force-gloo!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bigger? Yeah. But they outplayed them. Plain and simple. Give credit where it is due. The days of Exp are over. New sheriff in town and you can find him sitting in his Igloo. Now go away and dream about years past when that team used to be dominant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your kid is 14, he shouldn't be playing for 2025s. That's my point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where should his kid be playing? My kid just turned 13 and plays 2026.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

My kid just turned 14 (August 29th) and plays 2024.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

US Lacrosse uses a Sept 1 cutoff - they set the guideline for the entire country. A 14 y/o playing at 2025 is perfectly normal and EVERY team in the US has 14 y/o players at 2025. You can complain about it but the guideline is set.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The demise of LIE has been greatly exaggerated. Congrats Forcegloo for picking up one player who makes up your entire offense. Not too hard to defend after getting exposed. BTW fine job on developing players, not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The demise of LIE has been greatly exaggerated. Congrats Forcegloo for picking up one player who makes up your entire offense. Not too hard to defend after getting exposed. BTW fine job on developing players, not.
Can someone explain the F0rc3gloo name? I’m sure I’m missing the obvious but please help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax

And if he was born 2 days later, he would be playing (or could be) 2025.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha, NOT. Grow uo. It's not the early 90's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And if he was born 2 days later, he would be playing (or could be) 2025.

He didnt just turn 14, he turned 14 nine weeks ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The demise of express, lol. You people are nuts. Only on a site like this winning 80 out of 85 games is no good. Yes they are no good. They need to be 85 and 0.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The demise of LIE has nothing to do with the not surprising igloo win, they lack any depth on midfield and are small all over. The attack is for real. 91 can and will destroy them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly - I’d rather my kid play against older competition. These parents with their “2025s” playing against kids a full year younger - does that make them feel superior? Must be hard for your 9th grader to play against 8th graders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bigger? Yeah. But they outplayed them. Plain and simple. Give credit where it is due. The days of Exp are over. New sheriff in town and you can find him sitting in his Igloo. Now go away and dream about years past when that team used to be dominant.
Seriously. Igloo wins a SCRIMMAGE with a last minute goal and now you crown them king? LIE played their bench equally, can't say the same for your team. If WSYL happens they won't even qualify. They still can't beat town team REGS or wins over quality teams. A win here or there does not make them good. Keep chasing and open your checkbook.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly - I’d rather my kid play against older competition. These parents with their “2025s” playing against kids a full year younger - does that make them feel superior? Must be hard for your 9th grader to play against 8th graders.

Sure, playing up has some advantages. But what is wrong with an older , ON AGE kid playing with kids his age? Nothing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So if you had a son born in Aug, you would have him play up on the next graduating year team? Guess what, when that class he is playing up with goes off to HS and your son is going into 8th grade and has to start over with a new team he will have disadvantages. He will appear to outsiders to be a true holdback. He will have to find his role on a team that has been playing together for years possibly. I don't see the benefit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously. Igloo wins a SCRIMMAGE with a last minute goal and now you crown them king? LIE played their bench equally, can't say the same for your team. If WSYL happens they won't even qualify. They still can't beat town team REGS or wins over quality teams. A win here or there does not make them good. Keep chasing and open your checkbook.

This is absolutely untrue. LIE did not play their bench equally. Neither did Igloo. You would need two scrimmages to have the 65 kids play. There were kids on both teams that did not play at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So all your kids classmates play on his travel team. He doesn't plan on making any new friends in high school and will only play with kids his own age in high school. Oh wait he has to play with kids up 2 or 3 years older. Oh 4 years older too that guy is like me a holdback or 13th grader. What do you mean I cant beat up on all younger kids anymore? But daddy he is older than me? Its not fair.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So all your kids classmates play on his travel team. He doesn't plan on making any new friends in high school and will only play with kids his own age in high school. Oh wait he has to play with kids up 2 or 3 years older. Oh 4 years older too that guy is like me a holdback or 13th grader. What do you mean I cant beat up on all younger kids anymore? But daddy he is older than me? Its not fair.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone explain the F0rc3gloo name? I’m sure I’m missing the obvious but please help.

Igloo used to be fairly diverse, Hasset, GC, Harborfields. Outsiders left because never got a fair shot with daddy coach. Added more Huntington kids. Force folded they went to Igloo. New coach takes over adds his hometown cooking. SOS

Page 14 of 53 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 52 53

Link Copied to Clipboard